|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
2. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They stretch and warm-up.
(b) They take their clothes off.
(c) They grease up.
(d) They assemble weapons.
3. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
(b) In the best interest of Greece.
(c) In the best interest of Lysistrata.
(d) Completely valid.
4. Who throws off a cloak at the end of the debate between Right and Wrong, running out into the audience wearing female clothing?
5. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Dance during a debate.
(b) Sing during a feast.
(c) Shout for Zeus from the market.
(d) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
2. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
3. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
4. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
5. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
2. Describe the oath the four women take in Lysistrata.
3. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
4. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
5. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
6. How does The Clouds end?
7. Describe the Magistrate in Part 3 of Lysistrata.
8. Describe Cinesias.
9. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
10. How will The Chorus of The Clouds react if mistreated?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)