|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
(b) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(c) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(d) Wine, honey, and olives.
2. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
(a) Cups of sugar.
(b) Pitchers of water.
(c) Jugs of wine.
(d) Bowls of flour.
3. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Night and Day Day.
(b) Dark and Light Day.
(c) Old and New Day.
(d) Past and Present Day.
4. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Light and Dark.
(c) Right and Wrong.
(d) Love and Hate.
5. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) Powerful Athenian Warriors.
(b) Reckless Athenian Women.
(c) The Gods.
(d) Spartian music.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
2. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
3. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
4. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
5. In the debate, Right advocates what activity over chattering at the market?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)