|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
(a) An older, but healthy man.
(b) A younger, strapping lad.
(c) Same age, fatter than the first.
(d) A younger, bruised man.
2. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(c) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
3. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
(a) Physical form.
4. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
(a) He has become much more pale.
(b) He has become slightly fatter.
(c) He has grown slightly taller.
(d) He has become very tan.
5. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
(b) In the best interest of Greece.
(c) Completely valid.
(d) In the best interest of Lysistrata.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
2. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
3. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
4. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
5. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does The Clouds end?
2. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
3. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
4. What do the pitchers carried by The Chorus of Old Women represent?
5. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
6. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
7. Describe the Magistrate in Part 3 of Lysistrata.
8. Describe the first confrontation between the Choruses of Men and Women in Lysistrata.
9. Describe the second meeting of the Choruses in Lysistrata.
10. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)