|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Shout for Zeus from the market.
(b) Sing during a feast.
(c) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
(d) Dance during a debate.
2. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(b) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(c) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(d) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
3. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) A hairy bottom.
(b) A defined forearm.
(c) Skills in knot-tying.
4. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
(a) A younger, strapping lad.
(b) Same age, fatter than the first.
(c) A younger, bruised man.
(d) An older, but healthy man.
5. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
(b) Her saffron robe is ripped.
(c) She can't get to sleep.
(d) Her husband is too attentive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
2. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
3. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
4. According to Lysistrata, as she speaks to Stratylis, what are the women doing that upsets her so much?
5. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Chorus of Old Men also push logs up to the Acropolis. How do they handle the task and what does that symbolize?
2. How will The Chorus of The Clouds react if mistreated?
3. Describe the first confrontation between the Choruses of Men and Women in Lysistrata.
4. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
5. What do the pitchers carried by The Chorus of Old Women represent?
6. Outline Wrong's argument in the formal debate.
7. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
8. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
9. Describe Cinesias.
10. How do the Choruses react to the scene between Cinesias and Myrrhine?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)