|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
2. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
3. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
(d) The Choruses.
4. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades will get out of all of his debt.
(b) Strepsiades will come into some money.
(c) Strepsiades will be very proud of his son.
(d) Strepsiades will be broken-hearted.
5. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Wine, honey, and olives.
(b) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(c) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(d) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
2. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
3. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
4. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
5. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
2. How do the Choruses react to the scene between Cinesias and Myrrhine?
3. Describe the Magistrate in Part 3 of Lysistrata.
4. Describe how Strepsiades finally gets Pheidippides to attend The Thinkery.
5. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
6. The Chorus of Old Men also push logs up to the Acropolis. How do they handle the task and what does that symbolize?
7. Describe the oath the four women take in Lysistrata.
8. Describe the first confrontation between the Choruses of Men and Women in Lysistrata.
9. How has The Chorus of The Clouds changed throughout the play?
10. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)