|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Speak for herself.
(b) Look pretty.
(c) Wear giant slippers.
(d) Sit at home.
2. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
(b) Completely valid.
(c) In the best interest of Greece.
(d) In the best interest of Lysistrata.
3. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
(a) The coals went out.
(b) The coals fell out of their pots on the way.
(c) Smoke blows in their faces, twice.
(d) The coals blow away.
4. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(b) Spend it on clothes.
(c) Give it to other cities to end the war.
(d) Take care of it, run the city.
5. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
(b) Are you tired of war?
(c) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
(d) Do you miss your husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do to the Magistrate, just before they make demands?
2. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
3. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
4. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
5. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first confrontation between the Choruses of Men and Women in Lysistrata.
2. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
3. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
4. Describe the Magistrate in Part 3 of Lysistrata.
5. Outline Wrong's argument in the formal debate.
6. Describe the second meeting of the Choruses in Lysistrata.
7. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
8. Who is Lampito? Describe how she is treated by the Athenian women.
9. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
10. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)