|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
(a) The Spartians.
(b) The Clouds.
(c) The Acharnians.
(d) The Megarians.
2. What does Lysistrata suggest the Magistrate and all the men do?
(a) Listen to the women but put in their opinions, too.
(b) Listen to the women, but do what they think is best.
(c) Stay in charge. Keep the status quo.
(d) Listen to the women and keep quiet, as they used to do.
3. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you miss your husband?
(b) Are you tired of war?
(c) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
(d) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
4. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades assults the Second Creditor.
(b) Strepsiades talks himself out of the debt.
(c) Strepsiades pays his debt.
(d) The Second Creditor gives up.
5. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They take their clothes off.
(b) They assemble weapons.
(c) They stretch and warm-up.
(d) They grease up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
2. In The Clouds, what does the First Creditor look like?
3. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
4. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
5. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
2. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
3. How does The Clouds end?
4. How has The Chorus of The Clouds changed throughout the play?
5. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
6. Describe the Magistrate in Part 3 of Lysistrata.
7. Describe Lysistrata.
8. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
9. How do the Choruses react to the scene between Cinesias and Myrrhine?
10. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)