|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
(a) The Chorus of Old Men.
(b) The Chorus of Women.
2. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
3. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades will get out of all of his debt.
(b) Strepsiades will come into some money.
(c) Strepsiades will be broken-hearted.
(d) Strepsiades will be very proud of his son.
4. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Night and Day Day.
(b) Past and Present Day.
(c) Dark and Light Day.
(d) Old and New Day.
5. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(b) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(c) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(d) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
2. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
3. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
4. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
5. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Magistrate in Part 3 of Lysistrata.
2. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
3. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
4. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
5. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
6. Describe how Strepsiades finally gets Pheidippides to attend The Thinkery.
7. Describe the oath the four women take in Lysistrata.
8. How do the Choruses react to the scene between Cinesias and Myrrhine?
9. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
10. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)