|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
(a) A tangled skein of wool.
(b) A field of flowers in spring.
(c) A day-old loaf of bread.
(d) A skin of wine, not yet aged.
2. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
(d) The Choruses.
3. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
4. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
5. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(b) Wine and beer.
(c) Rain and crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
2. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
3. When the Choruses of Old Men and Old Women confront each other after the temporary defeat, the Old Men tell a tale of a man named what?
4. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
5. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does The Clouds end?
2. What do the pitchers carried by The Chorus of Old Women represent?
3. Describe Cinesias.
4. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
5. Describe Lysistrata.
6. The Chorus of Old Men also push logs up to the Acropolis. How do they handle the task and what does that symbolize?
7. Describe the second meeting of the Choruses in Lysistrata.
8. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
9. How will The Chorus of The Clouds react if mistreated?
10. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)