|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(b) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
(c) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(d) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
2. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(b) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(c) Wine, honey, and olives.
(d) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
3. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Tie her up.
(b) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(c) Burn her at the stake.
(d) Banish her.
4. In Lysistrata, where is Ismenia from?
5. In The Clouds, what does the First Creditor look like?
(a) He is very fat.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He is very thin.
(d) He is very pale.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
2. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
3. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
4. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
5. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
2. Describe how Strepsiades finally gets Pheidippides to attend The Thinkery.
3. Describe the oath the four women take in Lysistrata.
4. How has The Chorus of The Clouds changed throughout the play?
5. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
6. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
7. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
8. What do the pitchers carried by The Chorus of Old Women represent?
9. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
10. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)