|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
(a) The Magistrate.
(d) The First Old Woman.
2. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(a) The Chours of Clouds
(d) The Student.
3. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(b) An adolescent with a rooster.
(c) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(d) A robust solder from Sparta.
4. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
(a) They are all red.
(b) They button up the back.
(c) They are all blue.
(d) They are all split on the side.
5. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Banish her.
(b) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(c) Burn her at the stake.
(d) Tie her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
2. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
3. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
4. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
5. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
2. How has The Chorus of The Clouds changed throughout the play?
3. Describe the first confrontation between the Choruses of Men and Women in Lysistrata.
4. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
5. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
6. Describe the Magistrate in Part 3 of Lysistrata.
7. How will The Chorus of The Clouds react if mistreated?
8. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
9. Who is Lampito? Describe how she is treated by the Athenian women.
10. In the past, how did the women of Lysistrata feel about the political blunders of their husbands? How did they deal with it?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)