|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Choruses of Old Men and Old Women confront each other after the temporary defeat, the Old Men tell a tale of a man named what?
2. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
(a) Walk through fire.
(b) Renounce sex.
(c) Cut themselves in two.
(d) Sell everything they own.
3. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
(c) Foot Massage.
4. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
(a) Supplied the armies with homemade meals.
(b) Handled local government while the soldiers are gone.
(c) Given their sons and daughters.
(d) Repaired the torn uniforms of the soldiers.
5. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
(a) The chariot.
(b) The ash-colored horse.
(c) The stable fees.
(d) The pony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
2. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
3. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
4. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
5. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
2. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
3. What do the pitchers carried by The Chorus of Old Women represent?
4. Describe the Magistrate in Part 3 of Lysistrata.
5. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
6. Who is Lampito? Describe how she is treated by the Athenian women.
7. The Chorus of Old Men also push logs up to the Acropolis. How do they handle the task and what does that symbolize?
8. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
9. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
10. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)