|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(c) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
2. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides needs more time.
(b) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
(c) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(d) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
3. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
(b) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
(c) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(d) He is pulling a cart by himself.
4. Lysistrata comes out from the Acropolis and meets Stratyllis, how does she act?
(a) She sings and dances.
(b) She is aggitated and paces.
(c) She is happy and victorious.
(d) She is thoughtful and smirking.
5. According to Lysistrata, as she speaks to Stratylis, what are the women doing that upsets her so much?
(a) Going on a hunger-strike.
(b) Looting the temple.
(d) Eating too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
2. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
3. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
4. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
5. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)