|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(b) The Ambassador.
2. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Hail to the champion.
(b) Fear strike the last to finish.
(c) Hurry all you others.
(d) Stone the winner.
3. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
(a) Making a peace offering.
(b) Carrying loot from his spoils.
(c) Pouring a drink.
(d) Being carried by two soldiers.
4. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
5. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
2. How do Ismenias and the slaves pack Nicharus?
3. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
4. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
5. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
2. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
3. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
4. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
5. The playwright highlights Dikaiopolis's character arc by juxtaposing Lamachus getting ready for battle with Dikaiopolis getting ready to go feast. How has the character of Dikaiopolis changed?
6. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
7. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
8. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
9. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
10. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)