|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis take as tax from the Thebian?
(a) A plant.
(d) A doorman.
2. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) Some pottery.
(b) The Megeran daughters.
(c) An informer.
(d) The crier.
3. Who does Dikaiopolis meet after he leaves the assembly for home?
(a) The assembly.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians .
4. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(b) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(c) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(d) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
5. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
(d) Lamp wicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
2. The Third Messenger announces what?
3. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
4. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
5. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Chorus of Archanians when Diakaiopolis finishes his defense?
2. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
3. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
4. Describe Dikaiopolis in the beginning of The Acharnians.
5. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
6. What does the sacrifice Dikaiopolis makes with the peace look like?
7. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
8. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
9. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
10. Describe "The Great King's Eye."
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)