|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(b) A second King's Eye.
(d) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
2. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(b) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(c) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(d) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
3. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) It is time to drink wine.
(b) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(c) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(d) The war is over.
4. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
(b) Wicker basket, burnt by a lamp.
(c) Floppy hat, rim falling off.
(d) Drinking cup, chipped at the rim.
5. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
(a) Strepsiades is too high maintenance.
(b) Strepsiades eats too much.
(c) Strepsiades doesn't want to learn.
(d) Strepsiades cannot remember anything he was taught.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
2. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
3. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
4. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
5. Dikaiopolis tells his daughter to have what kind of look on her face when she is carrying the basket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dikaiopolis in the beginning of The Acharnians.
2. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
3. How is Euripidies depicted in The Acharnians?
4. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
5. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
6. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
7. Describe the Megarans. How are they depicted?
8. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
9. Describe "The Great King's Eye."
10. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)