|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
(a) Drinking cup, chipped at the rim.
(b) Floppy hat, rim falling off.
(d) Wicker basket, burnt by a lamp.
2. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
(c) Lamp wicks.
3. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Stone the winner.
(b) Hurry all you others.
(c) Fear strike the last to finish.
(d) Hail to the champion.
4. According to Socrates, why does a gnat make a humming noise?
(a) Wind goes straight through its intestinal passage. It's a gnat fart.
(b) It's a mating call.
(c) That's just the sound it makes.
(d) The speed of its wings produce a sound.
5. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
2. What did Dercetes lose?
3. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
4. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
5. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Euripidies depicted in The Acharnians?
2. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
3. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
4. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
5. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
6. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
7. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
8. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
9. What happens to the Chorus of Archanians when Diakaiopolis finishes his defense?
10. How does Dikaiopolis set up his shop?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)