|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
2. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
3. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
(c) Lamp wicks.
4. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He offends the guests.
(b) He eats all the food.
(c) He gets drunk and violent.
(d) He gets drunk and passes out.
5. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
(a) Kicking him.
(b) Shaking him.
(c) Poking him.
(d) Patting his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
2. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
3. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
4. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
5. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
2. How is Euripidies depicted in The Acharnians?
3. Describe the Megarans. How are they depicted?
4. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
5. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
6. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
7. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
8. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
9. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
10. Describe Dikaiopolis in the beginning of The Acharnians.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)