|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
2. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
3. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
(a) A harp.
(c) Wild flowers.
(d) A lute.
4. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(d) The Ambassador.
5. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
(a) Avoid paying interest.
(b) Sleep in a bed full of bugs.
(c) Make interest back.
(d) Trick his son into learning rhetoric.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
2. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
3. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
4. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
5. Aristophanes describes all the students in The Clouds as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
2. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
3. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
4. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
5. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
6. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
7. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
8. Describe what and how the students study at Socrates's school.
9. How does Dikaiopolis set up his shop?
10. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)