|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
(a) They close after the second ambassador.
(b) They see several more ambassadors, and close.
(c) They see one more ambassador, then close.
(d) They work into the night.
2. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
(a) He likes it, but tries another.
(b) He doesn't even try it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He tastes it, but doesn't like it.
3. What does the champion of Pitcher Day win?
(a) Many dancing girls.
(b) A full wine-skin.
(d) A basket of food.
4. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
5. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
(b) He sneaks off the block.
(c) He runs for the coals.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
2. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
3. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
4. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
5. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
2. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
3. What happens to the Chorus of Archanians when Diakaiopolis finishes his defense?
4. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
5. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
6. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
7. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
8. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
9. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
10. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)