|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does The Chorus of Clouds tell Strepsiades to send to the school in his stead?
2. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(b) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(c) The war is over.
(d) It is time to drink wine.
3. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
4. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(a) The Acharnians.
(c) The Crier.
5. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) Firey old men.
(b) The children of the city.
(c) Women who want peace.
(d) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
2. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
3. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
4. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
5. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
2. Describe the Megarans. How are they depicted?
3. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
4. How does the Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after the Megaran leaves?
5. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
6. What is the Chorus of Acharnians's attitude toward Dikaiopolis and Lamachus at the end of the play?
7. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
8. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
9. What does the sacrifice Dikaiopolis makes with the peace look like?
10. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)