|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
2. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) His doormats will fall apart.
(b) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
(c) He is actually a spy.
(d) His food will poison the people.
3. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
(a) Strepsiades doesn't want to learn.
(b) Strepsiades eats too much.
(c) Strepsiades is too high maintenance.
(d) Strepsiades cannot remember anything he was taught.
4. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
(a) Offers some wine to Amphitheus.
(b) Takes the wine into his house to celebrate.
(c) Pledges to share the peace wine with everyone.
(d) Talks to the Acharnians about their differences in opinion.
5. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
2. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
3. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
4. At the end of The Acharnians, The Chorus of Acharnians decides to follow who offstage, thereby symbolically giving support to which way of life?
5. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Calonice and Myrrhine.
2. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
3. What does dressing the Magistrate as a woman symbolize?
4. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
5. How does the Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after the Megaran leaves?
6. Describe what and how the students study at Socrates's school.
7. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
8. Why are the Chorus of Acharnians angry as they make their first appearance in The Acharnians?
9. How has The Chorus of The Clouds changed throughout the play?
10. How does The Clouds end?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)