|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
2. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
(a) The Chorus of the Clouds.
(b) The Student.
3. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
4. Who does Dikaiopolis meet after he leaves the assembly for home?
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians .
(c) The assembly.
5. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
(a) To eat the dinner he prepared earlier.
(b) Clean up the mess from his cooking.
(c) He wants to take a nap.
(d) Dinner with the Priest of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
2. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
3. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
4. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
5. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
2. What happens to the Chorus of Archanians when Diakaiopolis finishes his defense?
3. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
4. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
5. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
6. Describe what and how the students study at Socrates's school.
7. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
8. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
9. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
10. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)