|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
2. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
(a) One drachma.
(b) Ten drachmas.
(c) Four dracmas.
(d) Two drachmas.
3. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
(a) Dinner with the Priest of Dionysus.
(b) To eat the dinner he prepared earlier.
(c) He wants to take a nap.
(d) Clean up the mess from his cooking.
4. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(b) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(c) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(d) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
5. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) Some pottery.
(b) The Megeran daughters.
(c) An informer.
(d) The crier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
2. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
3. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
4. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
5. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
2. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
3. Describe how Strepsiades finally gets Pheidippides to attend The Thinkery.
4. Describe the oath the four women take in Lysistrata.
5. Describe Lysistrata.
6. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
7. How does the Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after the Megaran leaves?
8. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
9. Describe the first confrontation between the Choruses of Men and Women in Lysistrata.
10. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)