|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(a) The Ambassador.
2. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
(a) Playing music on the lute.
(b) Drinking with dancing girls.
(c) Dancing with his daughters.
(d) Singing bawdy songs.
3. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
(a) Pepper and cheese.
(b) Wine and olives
(c) Salt and garlic.
(d) Milk and peaches.
4. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
(a) Continue selling in his market.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Share his peace.
(d) Cook for everyone else.
5. Who does The Chorus of Clouds tell Strepsiades to send to the school in his stead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
2. Who poses as the eunuchs?
3. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
4. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
5. Dikaiopolis tells his daughter to have what kind of look on her face when she is carrying the basket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
2. Now that all the men have gathered, what is their condition before meeting Lysistrata?
3. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
4. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
5. What does the sacrifice Dikaiopolis makes with the peace look like?
6. What happens to the Chorus of Archanians when Diakaiopolis finishes his defense?
7. Describe how Strepsiades finally gets Pheidippides to attend The Thinkery.
8. How does The Clouds end?
9. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
10. What do The Chorus of Old Men's pots symbolize?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)