|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
(a) Strepsiades cannot remember anything he was taught.
(b) Strepsiades is too high maintenance.
(c) Strepsiades doesn't want to learn.
(d) Strepsiades eats too much.
2. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
(a) They close after the second ambassador.
(b) They see one more ambassador, then close.
(c) They see several more ambassadors, and close.
(d) They work into the night.
3. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
(a) Pepper and cheese.
(b) Milk and peaches.
(c) Wine and olives
(d) Salt and garlic.
4. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He enters ready to learn.
(b) He refuses to go and returns home.
(c) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(d) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
5. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
(a) The Temple of Athena.
(c) The City Mansion.
(d) The Thinkery.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
2. When the crier re-enters in Part 4 of The Acharnians to announce the trumpet signal to drink wine, what is Dikaiopolis doing?
3. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
4. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
5. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
2. What does the sacrifice Dikaiopolis makes with the peace look like?
3. What is Pheidippides immediate opinion of Socrates's school?
4. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
5. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
6. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
7. Describe what and how the students study at Socrates's school.
8. Why are the Chorus of Acharnians angry as they make their first appearance in The Acharnians?
9. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
10. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)