|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
(a) One drachma.
(b) Two drachmas.
(c) Four dracmas.
(d) Ten drachmas.
2. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
(a) Think of one on his problems.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Dream of philosophy.
(d) Clear his mind.
3. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
(a) In a headlock.
(b) With his head over a block.
(c) On a catapult, ready to launch.
4. What does Dikaiopolis take as tax from the Thebian?
(a) A doorman.
(b) A plant.
5. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
2. What did Dercetes lose?
3. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
4. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
5. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after the Megaran leaves?
2. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
3. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
4. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
5. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
6. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
7. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
8. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
9. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
10. Describe Dikaiopolis in the beginning of The Acharnians.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)