|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
(b) Girls, not pigs.
2. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) Stones laid on the ground,
(b) A grassy patch off to the side.
(c) A line drawn in the sand.
(d) Sticks laid on the ground.
3. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Clove and spice.
(b) Ambrosia and nectar.
(c) Fruit and lumber.
(d) Pepper and chocolate.
4. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
(a) A difference in religion with the Megarians.
(b) The Spartians cutting down Athenian vines.
(c) A few drunk Athenian men kidnapped a woman.
(d) Pericles sent out thunder and lightning.
5. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(a) The Acharnians.
(b) The Crier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
2. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
3. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
4. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
5. Dikaiopolis tells his daughter to have what kind of look on her face when she is carrying the basket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Chorus of Acharnians's attitude toward Dikaiopolis and Lamachus at the end of the play?
2. Describe the Megarans. How are they depicted?
3. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
4. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
5. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
6. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
7. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
8. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
9. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
10. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)