|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
(a) The Student.
(b) The Chorus of the Clouds.
2. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
3. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(a) A second King's Eye.
(b) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
4. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(b) Cleon accused him of treason.
(c) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
(d) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
5. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
(a) They see several more ambassadors, and close.
(b) They work into the night.
(c) They see one more ambassador, then close.
(d) They close after the second ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
2. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
3. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
4. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
5. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Euripidies depicted in The Acharnians?
2. How does Dikaiopolis set up his shop?
3. The playwright highlights Dikaiopolis's character arc by juxtaposing Lamachus getting ready for battle with Dikaiopolis getting ready to go feast. How has the character of Dikaiopolis changed?
4. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
5. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
6. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
7. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
8. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
9. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
10. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)