|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
(b) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(c) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(d) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
2. When the crier re-enters in Part 4 of The Acharnians to announce the trumpet signal to drink wine, what is Dikaiopolis doing?
3. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
(a) Prepare a statement.
(b) Hire an attorney.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Acquire a bribe.
4. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
(c) He sneaks off the block.
(d) He runs for the coals.
5. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Stone the winner.
(b) Hail to the champion.
(c) Fear strike the last to finish.
(d) Hurry all you others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
2. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
3. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
4. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
5. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the attitude of the Chorus of Old Women change toward the Chorus of Old Men after the Spartan Herald leaves?
2. Before they begin the formal debate, what are some of the things Right and Wrong bicker about?
3. How do the Choruses react to the scene between Cinesias and Myrrhine?
4. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
5. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
6. How does Dikaiopolis set up his shop?
7. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
8. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
9. What happens to the Chorus of Archanians when Diakaiopolis finishes his defense?
10. Now that all the men have gathered, what is their condition before meeting Lysistrata?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)