|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He earns glory for Athens.
(c) He is caught by the enemy.
(d) He deserts the Athenian army.
2. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) The children of the city.
(b) Firey old men.
(c) Women who want peace.
(d) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
3. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) The crier.
(b) An informer.
(c) The Megeran daughters.
(d) Some pottery.
4. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
(a) A lute.
(b) A harp.
(c) Wild flowers.
5. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
(a) He slaps Nicharus.
(b) He trips Nicharus.
(c) He beats Nicharus with one of his straps.
(d) He pokes Nicharus' eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
2. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
3. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
4. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
5. Who does Dikaiopolis meet after he leaves the assembly for home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Chorus of Archanians when Diakaiopolis finishes his defense?
2. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
3. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
4. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
5. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
6. Describe Dikaiopolis in the beginning of The Acharnians.
7. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
8. Present the argument that finally wins a few drops of peace from Dikaiopolis.
9. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
10. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)