Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(a) The Leader.
2. Who poses as the eunuchs?
(a) Cleisthenes and Strato.
(b) Two dancing girls.
(c) Wrong and Right.
(d) Nobody, they are really eunuchs.
3. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
(a) Pledges to share the peace wine with everyone.
(b) Offers some wine to Amphitheus.
(c) Takes the wine into his house to celebrate.
(d) Talks to the Acharnians about their differences in opinion.
4. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(c) The Chorus of Clouds.
5. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dikaiopolis tells his daughter to have what kind of look on her face when she is carrying the basket?
2. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
3. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
4. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
5. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
2. How are the women reacting to the sex strike? What does this say about the women?
3. How does The Clouds end?
4. Who is Lampito? Describe how she is treated by the Athenian women.
5. Describe how Strepsiades finally gets Pheidippides to attend The Thinkery.
6. After his education, what does Pheidippides consider acceptable in regard to his relationships with his parents?
7. Outline Right's argument in the formal debate.
8. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
9. Now that all the men have gathered, what is their condition before meeting Lysistrata?
10. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)