|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
(a) He gives his life in service to the Spartians.
(b) He sends his son as an ambassador.
(c) He pours some wine on the ground.
(d) He signs several treaties.
2. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
(a) The Leader.
(d) The slaves.
3. What did Dercetes lose?
(a) His wife.
(b) His slaves.
(c) His oxen.
(d) His job.
4. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
(a) He and his daughters are very thin.
(b) He and his daughters are dressed inappropriately.
(c) He and his daughters are very fat.
(d) He and his daughters are without identification.
5. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
(a) Ten drachmas.
(b) One drachma.
(c) Four dracmas.
(d) Two drachmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
2. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
3. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
4. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
5. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Chorus of Acharnians angry as they make their first appearance in The Acharnians?
2. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
3. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
4. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
5. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
6. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
7. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
8. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
9. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
10. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)