|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
(a) Offers some wine to Amphitheus.
(b) Talks to the Acharnians about their differences in opinion.
(c) Takes the wine into his house to celebrate.
(d) Pledges to share the peace wine with everyone.
2. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
(a) Share his peace.
(b) Continue selling in his market.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Cook for everyone else.
3. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
(a) Salt and garlic.
(b) Pepper and cheese.
(c) Wine and olives
(d) Milk and peaches.
4. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Stone the winner.
(b) Hurry all you others.
(c) Fear strike the last to finish.
(d) Hail to the champion.
5. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He is caught by the enemy.
(b) He deserts the Athenian army.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He earns glory for Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
2. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
3. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
4. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
5. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
2. How does the Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after the Megaran leaves?
3. What can the Thebian use the Informer for?
4. How does Dikaiopolis set up his shop?
5. What is Pheidippides immediate opinion of Socrates's school?
6. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
7. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
8. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
9. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
10. Describe what and how the students study at Socrates's school.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)