|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
2. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
3. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
(a) Acquire a bribe.
(b) Change clothes.
(c) Prepare a statement.
(d) Hire an attorney.
4. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He offends the guests.
(b) He eats all the food.
(c) He gets drunk and violent.
(d) He gets drunk and passes out.
5. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A basket.
(c) A doormat.
(d) A pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
2. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
3. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
4. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
5. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sacrifice Dikaiopolis makes with the peace look like?
2. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
3. Describe "The Great King's Eye."
4. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
5. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
6. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
7. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
8. What is the Chorus of Acharnians's attitude toward Dikaiopolis and Lamachus at the end of the play?
9. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
10. What do all the bugs in The Thinkery suggest?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)