|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
(a) Yes, but at twice the price.
(b) Yes, but not the eels.
2. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians are indifferent to Dikaiopolis.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians don't say how they feel.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians are angry with Dikaiopolis.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians praises Dikaiopolis.
3. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
(a) Salt and garlic.
(b) Pepper and cheese.
(c) Wine and olives
(d) Milk and peaches.
4. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
(a) On a catapult, ready to launch.
(c) With his head over a block.
(d) In a headlock.
5. Aristophanes describes all the students in The Clouds as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
2. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
3. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
4. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
5. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Chorus of Acharnians angry as they make their first appearance in The Acharnians?
2. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
3. The Leader of The Chorus of The Clouds directly addresses the audience just after Strepsiades enters The Thinkery. Summarize their direct appeal.
4. How does Dikaiopolis set up his shop?
5. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
6. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
7. How does the Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after the Megaran leaves?
8. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
9. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
10. The playwright highlights Dikaiopolis's character arc by juxtaposing Lamachus getting ready for battle with Dikaiopolis getting ready to go feast. How has the character of Dikaiopolis changed?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)