|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ismenias and the slaves pack Nicharus?
(a) In rags.
(b) In olives.
(c) In leaves.
(d) In shavings.
2. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
(a) The assembly.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians.
3. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
(a) Avoid paying interest.
(b) Sleep in a bed full of bugs.
(c) Make interest back.
(d) Trick his son into learning rhetoric.
4. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(a) The Chorus of Clouds.
5. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
(a) Floppy hat, rim falling off.
(b) Wicker basket, burnt by a lamp.
(c) Drinking cup, chipped at the rim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
2. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
3. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
4. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
5. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
2. Describe the Megarans. How are they depicted?
3. Describe the second meeting of the Choruses in Lysistrata.
4. Now that all the men have gathered, what is their condition before meeting Lysistrata?
5. How does Lysistrata rally the women?
6. Describe Lysistrata.
7. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
8. What is gained by Reconciliation's use in the close of the play, Lysistrata?
9. How does the Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after the Megaran leaves?
10. How is Euripidies depicted in The Acharnians?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)