|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
2. Who does The Chorus of Clouds tell Strepsiades to send to the school in his stead?
3. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(b) The Leader.
4. What does the champion of Pitcher Day win?
(a) Many dancing girls.
(b) A basket of food.
(c) A full wine-skin.
5. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
(b) Cake and soup.
(d) Cheese and olives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
2. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
3. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
4. At the end of The Acharnians, The Chorus of Acharnians decides to follow who offstage, thereby symbolically giving support to which way of life?
5. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the entourage that enters with the Thebian, Dikaiopolis' second customer.
2. What is Pheidippides immediate opinion of Socrates's school?
3. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
4. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
5. Describe the army sent from Thrace brought by Theorus.
6. Describe "The Great King's Eye."
7. Describe what and how the students study at Socrates's school.
8. What kind of teacher is Socrates in The Clouds?
9. The playwright highlights Dikaiopolis's character arc by juxtaposing Lamachus getting ready for battle with Dikaiopolis getting ready to go feast. How has the character of Dikaiopolis changed?
10. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)