|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
2. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Hail to the champion.
(b) Hurry all you others.
(c) Fear strike the last to finish.
(d) Stone the winner.
3. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
(a) Ten drachmas.
(b) Two drachmas.
(c) One drachma.
(d) Four dracmas.
4. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(b) The Leader.
5. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(a) The Chorus of Clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
2. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
3. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
4. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
5. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chorus of Acharnians look like?
2. How does Dikaiopolis react when Dercetes asks him to share some of the peace?
3. Dikaiopolis refuses business only to one slave. Why is that?
4. The playwright highlights Dikaiopolis's character arc by juxtaposing Lamachus getting ready for battle with Dikaiopolis getting ready to go feast. How has the character of Dikaiopolis changed?
5. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
6. Describe the Megarans. How are they depicted?
7. What is Diakaiopolis's argument to the Chorus of Acharnians in his defense?
8. How do the visiting Ambassadors appear to Dikaiopolis?
9. What does the sacrifice Dikaiopolis makes with the peace look like?
10. Describe "The Great King's Eye."
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)