|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
(a) With his head over a block.
(b) In a headlock.
(d) On a catapult, ready to launch.
2. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians are indifferent to Dikaiopolis.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians are angry with Dikaiopolis.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians don't say how they feel.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians praises Dikaiopolis.
3. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
4. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
(a) The fifteen year peace.
(b) The thirty year peace.
(c) The five year peace.
(d) The ten year peace.
5. Who poses as the eunuchs?
(a) Wrong and Right.
(b) Two dancing girls.
(c) Cleisthenes and Strato.
(d) Nobody, they are really eunuchs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
2. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
3. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
4. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
5. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail what has caused Strepsiades to accumulate so much debt.
2. Describe Dikaiopolis in the beginning of The Acharnians.
3. Dikaiopolis and Lamachus meet again just after Dikaiopolis shared a few drops of peace with the bride. What is notable about how their situations have changed since the beginning of the play?
4. What is Pheidippides immediate opinion of Socrates's school?
5. Why is Strepsiades so fretful he can't even sleep in the beginning of The Clouds?
6. Describe the outfit Dikaiopolis assembles for his defense.
7. In The Acharnians, what do you think the playwright is saying about the way of war and the way of peace as his overall message?
8. What is Dikaiopolis'S strategy in choosing the Peace?
9. Describe "The Great King's Eye."
10. What kind of student is Strepsiades?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)