|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women do to the Magistrate, just before they make demands?
(a) Cut his hair.
(b) Dress him like a woman.
(c) Make him sit down in a throne.
(d) Give him wine.
2. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They take their clothes off.
(b) They stretch and warm-up.
(c) They assemble weapons.
(d) They grease up.
3. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
4. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(b) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
(c) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(d) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
5. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(b) A robust solder from Sparta.
(c) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(d) An adolescent with a rooster.
6. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
(b) The Magistrate.
(d) The First Old Woman.
7. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
(a) Jugs of wine.
(b) Pitchers of water.
(c) Cups of sugar.
(d) Bowls of flour.
8. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Tie her up.
(c) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(d) Banish her.
9. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
(c) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
10. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) Athenian Women.
(b) Athenian Warriors.
(c) The Gods.
(d) Athenian Food.
11. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
(a) To help the women.
(b) To flee Athens.
(c) To go home. He loves it there now this his wife is gone.
(d) To see his wife.
12. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
(a) She uses a helmet.
(b) She uses wool, full of moths.
(c) She is actually pregnant.
(d) She uses treasures from the temple.
13. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
(a) An older, but healthy man.
(b) A younger, strapping lad.
(c) Same age, fatter than the first.
(d) A younger, bruised man.
14. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
15. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
(a) The Chorus Leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
2. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
3. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
4. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
5. What does Lysistrata suggest the Magistrate and all the men do?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)