|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
(a) The good old days when people were decent.
(b) There's no need to discipline children.
(c) Children should be allowed to speak their mind.
(d) Young boys should eat expensive fish.
2. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
(a) Unable to communicate.
(b) A boring little baby.
(c) Liked by too many people.
(d) Smarter than everyone.
3. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
(b) Sing during a feast.
(c) Shout for Zeus from the market.
(d) Dance during a debate.
4. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
(a) Hitting his father.
(b) Spending more money on horses.
(c) Not performing his chores.
(d) Paying back his father's debt.
5. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(c) Tie her up.
(d) Banish her.
6. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) The men started to smoke out the women.
(b) She went on her own free will.
(c) The men took a crowbar to the door.
(d) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
7. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
(a) Same age, fatter than the first.
(b) An older, but healthy man.
(c) A younger, strapping lad.
(d) A younger, bruised man.
8. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Sit at home.
(b) Wear giant slippers.
(c) Look pretty.
(d) Speak for herself.
9. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
(a) The coals blow away.
(b) The coals fell out of their pots on the way.
(c) Smoke blows in their faces, twice.
(d) The coals went out.
10. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) Skills in knot-tying.
(c) A defined forearm.
(d) A hairy bottom.
11. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(b) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(c) A robust solder from Sparta.
(d) An adolescent with a rooster.
12. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
(d) Physical form.
13. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
(a) The Chorus of Old Men.
(c) The Chorus of Old Women.
14. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
15. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
2. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
3. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
4. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
5. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)