|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
2. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(b) Men, but the women are smarter.
(d) Women, but the men are more powerful.
3. Lysistrata comes out from the Acropolis and meets Stratyllis, how does she act?
(a) She is thoughtful and smirking.
(b) She is aggitated and paces.
(c) She is happy and victorious.
(d) She sings and dances.
4. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
(d) The Choruses.
5. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
(a) The chariot.
(b) The ash-colored horse.
(c) The stable fees.
(d) The pony.
6. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Tie her up.
(c) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(d) Banish her.
7. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(b) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
(c) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
(d) Pheidippides needs more time.
8. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
(b) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(c) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
(d) He is pulling a cart by himself.
9. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
(a) The Acharnians.
(b) The Megarians.
(c) The Clouds.
(d) The Spartians.
10. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Sit at home.
(b) Wear giant slippers.
(c) Speak for herself.
(d) Look pretty.
11. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
(a) Smoke blows in their faces, twice.
(b) The coals went out.
(c) The coals blow away.
(d) The coals fell out of their pots on the way.
12. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
(b) The Chorus of Old Women.
(c) The Chorus of Old Men.
13. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Take care of it, run the city.
(b) Spend it on clothes.
(c) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(d) Give it to other cities to end the war.
14. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
(b) The First Old Woman.
(c) The Magistrate.
15. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
(a) He has become slightly fatter.
(b) He has become very tan.
(c) He has grown slightly taller.
(d) He has become much more pale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
2. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
3. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
4. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
5. In Lysistrata, where is Ismenia from?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)