|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) The Gods.
(b) Reckless Athenian Women.
(c) Powerful Athenian Warriors.
(d) Spartian music.
2. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(b) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(c) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
(d) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
3. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
(a) He has grown slightly taller.
(b) He has become very tan.
(c) He has become slightly fatter.
(d) He has become much more pale.
4. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
(b) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(c) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(d) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
5. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
(a) The Spartians.
(b) The Megarians.
(c) The Clouds.
(d) The Acharnians.
6. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
(a) Cut themselves in two.
(b) Sell everything they own.
(c) Walk through fire.
(d) Renounce sex.
7. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
8. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
9. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
(a) Win the war.
(b) Kiss Stratyllis.
(c) Fit in his robes.
(d) Enter the temple.
10. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Sit at home.
(b) Speak for herself.
(c) Look pretty.
(d) Wear giant slippers.
11. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
12. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(c) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
13. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
14. The Women tell a story of Timon to the Men. According to the women, Timon hated men. What didn't Timon hate?
15. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(b) Wine and beer.
(d) Rain and crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
2. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
3. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
4. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
5. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)