|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
2. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(a) Wine and beer.
(c) Rain and crops.
3. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Love and Hate.
(d) Right and Wrong.
4. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Wine, honey, and olives.
(b) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(c) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(d) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
5. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(b) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(c) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(d) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
6. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
(a) Walk through fire.
(b) Renounce sex.
(c) Sell everything they own.
(d) Cut themselves in two.
7. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) The men took a crowbar to the door.
(b) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
(c) She went on her own free will.
(d) The men started to smoke out the women.
8. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
9. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(a) Wine skin.
10. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Wear giant slippers.
(b) Look pretty.
(c) Speak for herself.
(d) Sit at home.
11. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
12. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
13. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades will get out of all of his debt.
(b) Strepsiades will be broken-hearted.
(c) Strepsiades will come into some money.
(d) Strepsiades will be very proud of his son.
14. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(b) Take care of it, run the city.
(c) Give it to other cities to end the war.
(d) Spend it on clothes.
15. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Shout for Zeus from the market.
(b) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
(c) Sing during a feast.
(d) Dance during a debate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
2. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
3. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
4. As The Chorus of Old Men slowly get their fires going, who runs to the scene?
5. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)