|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Clouds, what does the First Creditor look like?
(a) He is very pale.
(b) He is very fat.
(c) He is very handsome.
(d) He is very thin.
2. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
(a) Paying back his father's debt.
(b) Not performing his chores.
(c) Spending more money on horses.
(d) Hitting his father.
3. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
(a) The coals fell out of their pots on the way.
(b) The coals blow away.
(c) Smoke blows in their faces, twice.
(d) The coals went out.
4. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(b) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(c) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(d) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
5. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) The Gods.
(b) Powerful Athenian Warriors.
(c) Reckless Athenian Women.
(d) Spartian music.
6. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
(b) Foot Massage.
7. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Look pretty.
(b) Speak for herself.
(c) Wear giant slippers.
(d) Sit at home.
8. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
9. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
(a) Enter the temple.
(b) Fit in his robes.
(c) Win the war.
(d) Kiss Stratyllis.
10. What do the women do to the Magistrate, just before they make demands?
(a) Give him wine.
(b) Dress him like a woman.
(c) Make him sit down in a throne.
(d) Cut his hair.
11. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(b) Burn her at the stake.
(c) Banish her.
(d) Tie her up.
12. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
(c) The Choruses.
13. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
(a) Go to school with him.
(b) Defend his father from the creditors.
(c) Get him certified insane or contact the undertaker.
(d) Buy his father a horse.
14. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
(a) The Second Creditor gives up.
(b) Strepsiades talks himself out of the debt.
(c) Strepsiades pays his debt.
(d) Strepsiades assults the Second Creditor.
15. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(b) Wine, honey, and olives.
(c) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(d) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
2. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
3. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
4. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
5. Why is Myrrhine late for Lysistrata's meeting?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)