|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) A robust solder from Sparta.
(b) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(c) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(d) An adolescent with a rooster.
2. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
(d) Physical form.
3. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(a) Women, but the men are more powerful.
(c) Men, but the women are smarter.
4. Who throws off a cloak at the end of the debate between Right and Wrong, running out into the audience wearing female clothing?
5. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
(a) He has become much more pale.
(b) He has become very tan.
(c) He has become slightly fatter.
(d) He has grown slightly taller.
6. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) Athenian Women.
(b) The Gods.
(c) Athenian Food.
(d) Athenian Warriors.
7. Why is Myrrhine late for Lysistrata's meeting?
(a) She had to bathe and feed the baby.
(b) She had to make breakfast.
(c) She had trouble finding her waistband in the dark.
(d) She slept in.
8. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades will get out of all of his debt.
(b) Strepsiades will be broken-hearted.
(c) Strepsiades will come into some money.
(d) Strepsiades will be very proud of his son.
9. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Banish her.
(b) Burn her at the stake.
(c) Tie her up.
(d) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
10. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
(a) To see his wife.
(b) To flee Athens.
(c) To help the women.
(d) To go home. He loves it there now this his wife is gone.
11. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(b) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
(c) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(d) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
12. Lysistrata comes out from the Acropolis and meets Stratyllis, how does she act?
(a) She sings and dances.
(b) She is thoughtful and smirking.
(c) She is aggitated and paces.
(d) She is happy and victorious.
13. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(b) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
(c) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(d) Wine, honey, and olives.
14. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Spend it on clothes.
(b) Give it to other cities to end the war.
(c) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(d) Take care of it, run the city.
15. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
(a) Go to school with him.
(b) Buy his father a horse.
(c) Defend his father from the creditors.
(d) Get him certified insane or contact the undertaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
2. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
3. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
4. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
5. According to Lysistrata, as she speaks to Stratylis, what are the women doing that upsets her so much?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)