|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lysistrata suggest the Magistrate and all the men do?
(a) Listen to the women and keep quiet, as they used to do.
(b) Listen to the women, but do what they think is best.
(c) Stay in charge. Keep the status quo.
(d) Listen to the women but put in their opinions, too.
2. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Past and Present Day.
(b) Dark and Light Day.
(c) Night and Day Day.
(d) Old and New Day.
3. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(b) The Student.
(d) The Chours of Clouds
4. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
(a) There's no need to discipline children.
(b) The good old days when people were decent.
(c) Children should be allowed to speak their mind.
(d) Young boys should eat expensive fish.
5. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
(b) Foot Massage.
6. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
(a) The Chorus of Women.
(b) The Chorus of Old Men.
7. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(b) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(c) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(d) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
8. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
(a) Hold the women hostage.
(b) Occupy The Acropolis.
(c) Steal money from the temple to bribe the women.
(d) Go on a starvation strike.
9. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
(a) The Megarians.
(b) The Acharnians.
(c) The Clouds.
(d) The Spartians.
10. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
(a) To help the women.
(b) To go home. He loves it there now this his wife is gone.
(c) To see his wife.
(d) To flee Athens.
11. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you miss your husband?
(b) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
(c) Are you tired of war?
(d) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
12. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
13. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
(a) They are all blue.
(b) They button up the back.
(c) They are all red.
(d) They are all split on the side.
14. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
15. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(b) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(c) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(d) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
2. According to Lysistrata, as she speaks to Stratylis, what are the women doing that upsets her so much?
3. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
4. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
5. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)