|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(a) The Student.
(d) The Chours of Clouds
2. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
(a) Handled local government while the soldiers are gone.
(b) Repaired the torn uniforms of the soldiers.
(c) Given their sons and daughters.
(d) Supplied the armies with homemade meals.
3. Lysistrata comes out from the Acropolis and meets Stratyllis, how does she act?
(a) She is happy and victorious.
(b) She sings and dances.
(c) She is thoughtful and smirking.
(d) She is aggitated and paces.
4. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
5. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
(d) The Chorus Leader.
6. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An adolescent with a hen.
(b) A robust soldier from a distant land.
(c) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(d) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
7. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(b) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(c) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(d) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
8. What do the women do to the Magistrate, just before they make demands?
(a) Give him wine.
(b) Dress him like a woman.
(c) Make him sit down in a throne.
(d) Cut his hair.
9. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
10. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
(a) There's no need to discipline children.
(b) The good old days when people were decent.
(c) Children should be allowed to speak their mind.
(d) Young boys should eat expensive fish.
11. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
(a) Walk through fire.
(b) Sell everything they own.
(c) Renounce sex.
(d) Cut themselves in two.
12. Who throws off a cloak at the end of the debate between Right and Wrong, running out into the audience wearing female clothing?
13. As The Chorus of Old Men slowly get their fires going, who runs to the scene?
(b) The Chorus of Old Women.
(d) The Chorus of Young Women.
14. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(b) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(c) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
(d) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
15. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
(a) Pitchers of water.
(b) Jugs of wine.
(c) Cups of sugar.
(d) Bowls of flour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
2. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
3. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
4. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
5. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)