|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(b) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(c) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
(d) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
2. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
3. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
4. As The Chorus of Old Men slowly get their fires going, who runs to the scene?
(a) The Chorus of Young Women.
(b) The Chorus of Old Women.
5. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
(a) He has become slightly fatter.
(b) He has become much more pale.
(c) He has become very tan.
(d) He has grown slightly taller.
6. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides needs more time.
(b) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
(c) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(d) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
7. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
(d) The Chorus Leader.
8. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(a) Men, but the women are smarter.
(b) Women, but the men are more powerful.
9. Why is Myrrhine late for Lysistrata's meeting?
(a) She had to bathe and feed the baby.
(b) She slept in.
(c) She had to make breakfast.
(d) She had trouble finding her waistband in the dark.
10. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
(a) To see his wife.
(b) To flee Athens.
(c) To help the women.
(d) To go home. He loves it there now this his wife is gone.
11. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
(a) The Acharnians.
(b) The Clouds.
(c) The Megarians.
(d) The Spartians.
12. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
(a) Spending more money on horses.
(b) Paying back his father's debt.
(c) Not performing his chores.
(d) Hitting his father.
13. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
(b) The Chorus of Women.
(d) The Chorus of Old Men.
14. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
(a) The coals went out.
(b) The coals fell out of their pots on the way.
(c) Smoke blows in their faces, twice.
(d) The coals blow away.
15. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
(a) A younger, strapping lad.
(b) A younger, bruised man.
(c) An older, but healthy man.
(d) Same age, fatter than the first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
2. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
3. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
4. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
5. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)