|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(a) The Student.
(b) The Chours of Clouds
2. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) Athenian Food.
(b) Athenian Women.
(c) The Gods.
(d) Athenian Warriors.
3. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
4. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) A hairy bottom.
(b) A defined forearm.
(c) Skills in knot-tying.
5. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) The men started to smoke out the women.
(b) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
(c) She went on her own free will.
(d) The men took a crowbar to the door.
6. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(b) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(c) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(d) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
7. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
(b) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
(c) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(d) Pheidippides needs more time.
8. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Sing during a feast.
(b) Shout for Zeus from the market.
(c) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
(d) Dance during a debate.
9. In The Clouds, what does the First Creditor look like?
(a) He is very pale.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He is very fat.
(d) He is very thin.
10. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Give it to other cities to end the war.
(b) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(c) Take care of it, run the city.
(d) Spend it on clothes.
11. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
(a) Hold the women hostage.
(b) Steal money from the temple to bribe the women.
(c) Go on a starvation strike.
(d) Occupy The Acropolis.
12. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(b) Rain and crops.
(d) Wine and beer.
13. Lysistrata comes out from the Acropolis and meets Stratyllis, how does she act?
(a) She sings and dances.
(b) She is happy and victorious.
(c) She is aggitated and paces.
(d) She is thoughtful and smirking.
14. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Wear giant slippers.
(b) Speak for herself.
(c) Look pretty.
(d) Sit at home.
15. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
(a) Not performing his chores.
(b) Spending more money on horses.
(c) Paying back his father's debt.
(d) Hitting his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
2. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
3. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
4. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
5. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)