|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Old and New Day.
(b) Past and Present Day.
(c) Dark and Light Day.
(d) Night and Day Day.
2. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
(a) They are all blue.
(b) They are all red.
(c) They are all split on the side.
(d) They button up the back.
3. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
4. As The Chorus of Old Men slowly get their fires going, who runs to the scene?
(c) The Chorus of Young Women.
(d) The Chorus of Old Women.
5. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(b) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
(c) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
(d) Pheidippides needs more time.
6. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Banish her.
(b) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(c) Tie her up.
(d) Burn her at the stake.
7. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(b) Give it to other cities to end the war.
(c) Spend it on clothes.
(d) Take care of it, run the city.
8. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) Her saffron robe is ripped.
(b) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
(c) Her husband is too attentive.
(d) She can't get to sleep.
9. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
(a) He has grown slightly taller.
(b) He has become much more pale.
(c) He has become slightly fatter.
(d) He has become very tan.
10. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
(a) Steal money from the temple to bribe the women.
(b) Go on a starvation strike.
(c) Occupy The Acropolis.
(d) Hold the women hostage.
11. When the Choruses of Old Men and Old Women confront each other after the temporary defeat, the Old Men tell a tale of a man named what?
12. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
(a) There's no need to discipline children.
(b) Children should be allowed to speak their mind.
(c) Young boys should eat expensive fish.
(d) The good old days when people were decent.
13. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(b) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(c) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(d) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
14. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
(a) In the best interest of Greece.
(c) In the best interest of Lysistrata.
(d) Completely valid.
15. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
2. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
3. What do the women do to the Magistrate, just before they make demands?
4. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
5. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)