|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Sing during a feast.
(b) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
(c) Shout for Zeus from the market.
(d) Dance during a debate.
2. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
(a) Buy his father a horse.
(b) Defend his father from the creditors.
(c) Go to school with him.
(d) Get him certified insane or contact the undertaker.
3. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
(a) Foot Massage.
4. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
(a) The Chorus of Old Men.
(d) The Chorus of Old Women.
5. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) The Gods.
(b) Athenian Women.
(c) Athenian Warriors.
(d) Athenian Food.
6. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(b) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
(c) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(d) Wine, honey, and olives.
7. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
(a) The Chorus of Women.
(b) The Chorus of Old Men.
8. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
(a) Handled local government while the soldiers are gone.
(b) Repaired the torn uniforms of the soldiers.
(c) Given their sons and daughters.
(d) Supplied the armies with homemade meals.
9. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
(d) Physical form.
10. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
(a) Young boys should eat expensive fish.
(b) The good old days when people were decent.
(c) There's no need to discipline children.
(d) Children should be allowed to speak their mind.
11. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
(a) Completely valid.
(b) In the best interest of Lysistrata.
(c) In the best interest of Greece.
12. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
(a) Go on a starvation strike.
(b) Steal money from the temple to bribe the women.
(c) Occupy The Acropolis.
(d) Hold the women hostage.
13. According to Lysistrata, as she speaks to Stratylis, what are the women doing that upsets her so much?
(b) Eating too much.
(c) Looting the temple.
(d) Going on a hunger-strike.
14. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(b) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(c) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
15. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
2. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
3. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
4. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
5. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)