|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lysistrata suggest the Magistrate and all the men do?
(a) Listen to the women, but do what they think is best.
(b) Stay in charge. Keep the status quo.
(c) Listen to the women and keep quiet, as they used to do.
(d) Listen to the women but put in their opinions, too.
2. Who throws off a cloak at the end of the debate between Right and Wrong, running out into the audience wearing female clothing?
3. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They stretch and warm-up.
(b) They take their clothes off.
(c) They assemble weapons.
(d) They grease up.
4. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
(a) A younger, bruised man.
(b) Same age, fatter than the first.
(c) A younger, strapping lad.
(d) An older, but healthy man.
5. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(b) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(c) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(d) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
6. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
(a) Liked by too many people.
(b) Unable to communicate.
(c) Smarter than everyone.
(d) A boring little baby.
7. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(b) Banish her.
(c) Tie her up.
(d) Burn her at the stake.
8. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) A hairy bottom.
(b) A defined forearm.
(d) Skills in knot-tying.
9. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) Reckless Athenian Women.
(b) The Gods.
(c) Powerful Athenian Warriors.
(d) Spartian music.
10. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
(b) Her husband is too attentive.
(c) She can't get to sleep.
(d) Her saffron robe is ripped.
11. The Women tell a story of Timon to the Men. According to the women, Timon hated men. What didn't Timon hate?
12. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
(d) The Chorus Leader.
13. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
14. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades pays his debt.
(b) Strepsiades assults the Second Creditor.
(c) The Second Creditor gives up.
(d) Strepsiades talks himself out of the debt.
15. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
(a) He has become much more pale.
(b) He has grown slightly taller.
(c) He has become very tan.
(d) He has become slightly fatter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
2. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
3. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
4. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
5. When the Choruses of Old Men and Old Women confront each other after the temporary defeat, the Old Men tell a tale of a man named what?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)