|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) She can't get to sleep.
(b) Her husband is too attentive.
(c) Her saffron robe is ripped.
(d) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
2. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(b) An adolescent with a rooster.
(c) A robust solder from Sparta.
(d) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
3. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(b) A hairy bottom.
(c) A defined forearm.
(d) Skills in knot-tying.
4. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(b) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(c) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(d) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
5. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Night and Day Day.
(b) Past and Present Day.
(c) Old and New Day.
(d) Dark and Light Day.
6. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
(a) Spending more money on horses.
(b) Hitting his father.
(c) Paying back his father's debt.
(d) Not performing his chores.
7. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
(a) They are all blue.
(b) They are all red.
(c) They button up the back.
(d) They are all split on the side.
8. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Speak for herself.
(b) Wear giant slippers.
(c) Look pretty.
(d) Sit at home.
9. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(a) The Student.
(b) The Chours of Clouds
10. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
(a) Completely valid.
(b) In the best interest of Lysistrata.
(c) In the best interest of Greece.
11. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
12. Lysistrata comes out from the Acropolis and meets Stratyllis, how does she act?
(a) She sings and dances.
(b) She is aggitated and paces.
(c) She is happy and victorious.
(d) She is thoughtful and smirking.
13. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
(a) Sell everything they own.
(b) Renounce sex.
(c) Walk through fire.
(d) Cut themselves in two.
14. What does Lysistrata suggest the Magistrate and all the men do?
(a) Listen to the women, but do what they think is best.
(b) Listen to the women and keep quiet, as they used to do.
(c) Listen to the women but put in their opinions, too.
(d) Stay in charge. Keep the status quo.
15. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
(a) Enter the temple.
(b) Win the war.
(c) Fit in his robes.
(d) Kiss Stratyllis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
2. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
3. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
4. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
5. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)