|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
2. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
(b) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(c) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(d) Wine, honey, and olives.
3. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) A robust soldier from a distant land.
(b) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(c) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(d) An adolescent with a hen.
4. In The Clouds, what does the First Creditor look like?
(a) He is very thin.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He is very fat.
(d) He is very pale.
5. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
(a) A tangled skein of wool.
(b) A day-old loaf of bread.
(c) A field of flowers in spring.
(d) A skin of wine, not yet aged.
6. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Past and Present Day.
(b) Night and Day Day.
(c) Dark and Light Day.
(d) Old and New Day.
7. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
(b) The Chorus of Old Men.
(c) The Chorus of Women.
8. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
(c) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
9. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(b) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(c) An adolescent with a rooster.
(d) A robust solder from Sparta.
10. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
11. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Spend it on clothes.
(b) Take care of it, run the city.
(c) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(d) Give it to other cities to end the war.
12. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
(a) Defend his father from the creditors.
(b) Go to school with him.
(c) Get him certified insane or contact the undertaker.
(d) Buy his father a horse.
13. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(a) Women, but the men are more powerful.
(c) Men, but the women are smarter.
14. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(d) Wine skin.
15. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
2. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
3. Why is Myrrhine late for Lysistrata's meeting?
4. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
5. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)