|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
(a) The Choruses.
2. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
(b) The men started to smoke out the women.
(c) She went on her own free will.
(d) The men took a crowbar to the door.
3. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They stretch and warm-up.
(b) They take their clothes off.
(c) They assemble weapons.
(d) They grease up.
4. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) A hairy bottom.
(c) Skills in knot-tying.
(d) A defined forearm.
5. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
(a) She uses treasures from the temple.
(b) She is actually pregnant.
(c) She uses a helmet.
(d) She uses wool, full of moths.
6. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
(a) Smarter than everyone.
(b) Liked by too many people.
(c) Unable to communicate.
(d) A boring little baby.
7. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
(a) Supplied the armies with homemade meals.
(b) Repaired the torn uniforms of the soldiers.
(c) Handled local government while the soldiers are gone.
(d) Given their sons and daughters.
8. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(a) Men, but the women are smarter.
(c) Women, but the men are more powerful.
9. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) Powerful Athenian Warriors.
(b) The Gods.
(c) Spartian music.
(d) Reckless Athenian Women.
10. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
(a) Jugs of wine.
(b) Bowls of flour.
(c) Pitchers of water.
(d) Cups of sugar.
11. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(a) Wine and beer.
(b) Rain and crops.
12. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
(a) Foot Massage.
13. In Lysistrata, where is Ismenia from?
14. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
(b) Dance during a debate.
(c) Sing during a feast.
(d) Shout for Zeus from the market.
15. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(b) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
(c) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(d) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
2. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
3. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
4. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
5. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)