|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
2. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
(a) To see his wife.
(b) To go home. He loves it there now this his wife is gone.
(c) To flee Athens.
(d) To help the women.
3. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) Spartian music.
(b) The Gods.
(c) Reckless Athenian Women.
(d) Powerful Athenian Warriors.
4. Lysistrata comes out from the Acropolis and meets Stratyllis, how does she act?
(a) She is happy and victorious.
(b) She is aggitated and paces.
(c) She is thoughtful and smirking.
(d) She sings and dances.
5. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
6. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
(b) The Chorus of Old Women.
(c) The Chorus of Old Men.
7. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(a) Women, but the men are more powerful.
(b) Men, but the women are smarter.
8. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
(b) The Chorus Leader.
9. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
(a) Occupy The Acropolis.
(b) Steal money from the temple to bribe the women.
(c) Hold the women hostage.
(d) Go on a starvation strike.
10. Who throws off a cloak at the end of the debate between Right and Wrong, running out into the audience wearing female clothing?
11. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
(a) Given their sons and daughters.
(b) Handled local government while the soldiers are gone.
(c) Supplied the armies with homemade meals.
(d) Repaired the torn uniforms of the soldiers.
12. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(b) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(c) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
(d) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
13. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
(b) Do you miss your husband?
(c) Are you tired of war?
(d) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
14. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(d) Wine skin.
15. What does Lysistrata suggest the Magistrate and all the men do?
(a) Stay in charge. Keep the status quo.
(b) Listen to the women, but do what they think is best.
(c) Listen to the women but put in their opinions, too.
(d) Listen to the women and keep quiet, as they used to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
2. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
3. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
4. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
5. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)