|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Clouds, what does the First Creditor look like?
(a) He is very pale.
(b) He is very thin.
(c) He is very handsome.
(d) He is very fat.
2. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
3. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
(b) The Chorus Leader.
4. As The Chorus of Old Men slowly get their fires going, who runs to the scene?
(b) The Chorus of Old Women.
(c) The Chorus of Young Women.
5. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(b) Wine skin.
6. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades pays his debt.
(b) Strepsiades talks himself out of the debt.
(c) The Second Creditor gives up.
(d) Strepsiades assults the Second Creditor.
7. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
(b) Are you tired of war?
(c) Do you miss your husband?
(d) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
8. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Dark and Light Day.
(b) Night and Day Day.
(c) Past and Present Day.
(d) Old and New Day.
9. In the debate, Right advocates what activity over chattering at the market?
10. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(a) Rain and crops.
(b) Wine and beer.
11. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
(d) The Choruses.
12. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
(a) Right and Wrong.
(b) Light and Dark.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Love and Hate.
13. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
14. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
(b) Foot Massage.
15. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
(a) The Magistrate.
(d) The First Old Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
2. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
3. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
4. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
5. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)