|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws off a cloak at the end of the debate between Right and Wrong, running out into the audience wearing female clothing?
2. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) A defined forearm.
(c) Skills in knot-tying.
(d) A hairy bottom.
3. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
(a) Buy his father a horse.
(b) Get him certified insane or contact the undertaker.
(c) Go to school with him.
(d) Defend his father from the creditors.
4. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Wine, honey, and olives.
(b) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(c) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(d) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
5. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(a) Women, but the men are more powerful.
(b) Men, but the women are smarter.
6. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
(d) Physical form.
7. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
(c) The Chorus of Old Women.
(d) The Chorus of Old Men.
8. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) Her saffron robe is ripped.
(b) Her husband is too attentive.
(c) She can't get to sleep.
(d) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
9. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(b) Pheidippides needs more time.
(c) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
(d) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
10. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
(b) The Magistrate.
(c) The First Old Woman.
11. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(b) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(c) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(d) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
12. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(b) Rain and crops.
(d) Wine and beer.
13. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades pays his debt.
(b) Strepsiades assults the Second Creditor.
(c) The Second Creditor gives up.
(d) Strepsiades talks himself out of the debt.
14. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
(b) Are you tired of war?
(c) Do you miss your husband?
(d) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
15. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) A robust solder from Sparta.
(b) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(c) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(d) An adolescent with a rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Women tell a story of Timon to the Men. According to the women, Timon hated men. What didn't Timon hate?
2. What does Lysistrata suggest the Magistrate and all the men do?
3. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
4. What do the women do to the Magistrate, just before they make demands?
5. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)