|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
2. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
(a) The Chorus of Old Men.
(b) The Chorus of Women.
3. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(b) Take care of it, run the city.
(c) Give it to other cities to end the war.
(d) Spend it on clothes.
4. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(b) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(c) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
(d) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
5. The Women tell a story of Timon to the Men. According to the women, Timon hated men. What didn't Timon hate?
6. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
(a) A boring little baby.
(b) Unable to communicate.
(c) Smarter than everyone.
(d) Liked by too many people.
7. What does Lysistrata suggest the Magistrate and all the men do?
(a) Stay in charge. Keep the status quo.
(b) Listen to the women, but do what they think is best.
(c) Listen to the women but put in their opinions, too.
(d) Listen to the women and keep quiet, as they used to do.
8. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(b) Wine skin.
9. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(a) The Chours of Clouds
(d) The Student.
10. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
11. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
(a) Cut themselves in two.
(b) Walk through fire.
(c) Renounce sex.
(d) Sell everything they own.
12. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
(a) Pitchers of water.
(b) Bowls of flour.
(c) Jugs of wine.
(d) Cups of sugar.
13. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(c) Men, but the women are smarter.
(d) Women, but the men are more powerful.
14. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) She went on her own free will.
(b) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
(c) The men started to smoke out the women.
(d) The men took a crowbar to the door.
15. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
(a) Smoke blows in their faces, twice.
(b) The coals went out.
(c) The coals fell out of their pots on the way.
(d) The coals blow away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
2. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
3. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
4. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
5. As The Chorus of Old Men slowly get their fires going, who runs to the scene?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)