|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
2. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
(b) The Chorus Leader.
3. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
(b) The men took a crowbar to the door.
(c) The men started to smoke out the women.
(d) She went on her own free will.
4. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(b) The Chours of Clouds
(d) The Student.
5. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
6. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(d) Wine skin.
7. When the Choruses of Old Men and Old Women confront each other after the temporary defeat, the Old Men tell a tale of a man named what?
8. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They grease up.
(b) They stretch and warm-up.
(c) They take their clothes off.
(d) They assemble weapons.
9. In Part 4 of Lysistrata, all of the women's excuses for wanting to leave the Acropolis are what?
(a) In the best interest of Lysistrata.
(b) In the best interest of Greece.
(c) Completely valid.
10. Why is Myrrhine late for Lysistrata's meeting?
(a) She slept in.
(b) She had to make breakfast.
(c) She had trouble finding her waistband in the dark.
(d) She had to bathe and feed the baby.
11. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(b) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(c) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
(d) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
12. According to Lysistrata, as she speaks to Stratylis, what are the women doing that upsets her so much?
(a) Looting the temple.
(b) Eating too much.
(d) Going on a hunger-strike.
13. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
(b) Are you tired of war?
(c) Do you miss your husband?
(d) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
14. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
15. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
(a) She uses treasures from the temple.
(b) She uses wool, full of moths.
(c) She is actually pregnant.
(d) She uses a helmet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
2. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
3. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
4. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
5. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)