Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
(b) The men took a crowbar to the door.
(c) She went on her own free will.
(d) The men started to smoke out the women.
2. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
(a) Right and Wrong.
(b) Love and Hate.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Light and Dark.
3. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(a) Wine and beer.
(b) Rain and crops.
4. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
(a) Win the war.
(b) Enter the temple.
(c) Fit in his robes.
(d) Kiss Stratyllis.
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
6. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Old and New Day.
(b) Past and Present Day.
(c) Night and Day Day.
(d) Dark and Light Day.
7. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades will get out of all of his debt.
(b) Strepsiades will come into some money.
(c) Strepsiades will be very proud of his son.
(d) Strepsiades will be broken-hearted.
8. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
(c) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
9. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
(b) The Chorus of Old Women.
(c) The Chorus of Old Men.
10. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
11. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They take their clothes off.
(b) They stretch and warm-up.
(c) They assemble weapons.
(d) They grease up.
12. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
13. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
14. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
15. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(a) The Chours of Clouds
(c) The Student.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
2. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
3. What does Pheidippdes want to do with his father before Strepsiades brings out the rooster and hen?
4. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
5. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)