|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
(a) They are all split on the side.
(b) They are all blue.
(c) They are all red.
(d) They button up the back.
2. Why is Myrrhine late for Lysistrata's meeting?
(a) She had trouble finding her waistband in the dark.
(b) She had to make breakfast.
(c) She had to bathe and feed the baby.
(d) She slept in.
3. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(c) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
4. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(a) Wine skin.
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
6. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
7. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
(d) Foot Massage.
8. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(a) The Chours of Clouds
(b) The Student.
9. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) Skills in knot-tying.
(c) A defined forearm.
(d) A hairy bottom.
10. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
(c) Physical form.
11. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
(a) Renounce sex.
(b) Cut themselves in two.
(c) Walk through fire.
(d) Sell everything they own.
12. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
13. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Look pretty.
(b) Speak for herself.
(c) Wear giant slippers.
(d) Sit at home.
14. When the Choruses of Old Men and Old Women confront each other after the temporary defeat, the Old Men tell a tale of a man named what?
15. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
(a) Love and Hate.
(b) Right and Wrong.
(c) Light and Dark.
(d) War and Peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
2. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
3. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
4. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
5. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)