|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
(a) They are all red.
(b) They button up the back.
(c) They are all blue.
(d) They are all split on the side.
2. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
(b) The men took a crowbar to the door.
(c) The men started to smoke out the women.
(d) She went on her own free will.
3. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
(a) Love and Hate.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Right and Wrong.
(d) Light and Dark.
4. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
(a) Smarter than everyone.
(b) A boring little baby.
(c) Unable to communicate.
(d) Liked by too many people.
5. What do the women do to the Magistrate, just before they make demands?
(a) Cut his hair.
(b) Dress him like a woman.
(c) Make him sit down in a throne.
(d) Give him wine.
6. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
(a) A younger, bruised man.
(b) A younger, strapping lad.
(c) Same age, fatter than the first.
(d) An older, but healthy man.
7. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Look pretty.
(b) Wear giant slippers.
(c) Speak for herself.
(d) Sit at home.
8. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Dance during a debate.
(b) Shout for Zeus from the market.
(c) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
(d) Sing during a feast.
9. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
(b) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(c) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
10. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
(b) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(c) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
(d) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
11. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(b) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
(c) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(d) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
12. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
(a) Given their sons and daughters.
(b) Repaired the torn uniforms of the soldiers.
(c) Handled local government while the soldiers are gone.
(d) Supplied the armies with homemade meals.
13. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
(b) Physical form.
14. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades talks himself out of the debt.
(b) The Second Creditor gives up.
(c) Strepsiades pays his debt.
(d) Strepsiades assults the Second Creditor.
15. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
(c) The Choruses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
2. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
3. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
4. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
5. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)