|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(a) Wine skin.
2. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) Skills in knot-tying.
(b) A hairy bottom.
(d) A defined forearm.
3. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(b) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(c) Wine, honey, and olives.
(d) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
4. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(b) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(c) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
(d) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
5. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
(a) She uses treasures from the temple.
(b) She uses wool, full of moths.
(c) She uses a helmet.
(d) She is actually pregnant.
6. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
(a) A day-old loaf of bread.
(b) A tangled skein of wool.
(c) A field of flowers in spring.
(d) A skin of wine, not yet aged.
7. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(a) Men, but the women are smarter.
(d) Women, but the men are more powerful.
8. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(b) Wine and beer.
(c) Rain and crops.
9. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Give it to other cities to end the war.
(b) Take care of it, run the city.
(c) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(d) Spend it on clothes.
10. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Wear giant slippers.
(b) Look pretty.
(c) Speak for herself.
(d) Sit at home.
11. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
12. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
13. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
(a) Bowls of flour.
(b) Pitchers of water.
(c) Cups of sugar.
(d) Jugs of wine.
14. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
(a) The chariot.
(b) The stable fees.
(c) The ash-colored horse.
(d) The pony.
15. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades will be very proud of his son.
(b) Strepsiades will be broken-hearted.
(c) Strepsiades will get out of all of his debt.
(d) Strepsiades will come into some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
2. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
3. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
4. Who did Lysistrata expect to be at her meeting first?
5. The Chorus of Old Men primarily praise what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)