|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(b) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(c) A robust soldier from a distant land.
(d) An adolescent with a hen.
2. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
(a) To go home. He loves it there now this his wife is gone.
(b) To see his wife.
(c) To flee Athens.
(d) To help the women.
3. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
(a) Right and Wrong.
(b) Light and Dark.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Love and Hate.
4. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
(a) She uses treasures from the temple.
(b) She is actually pregnant.
(c) She uses wool, full of moths.
(d) She uses a helmet.
5. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
6. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
(a) A field of flowers in spring.
(b) A day-old loaf of bread.
(c) A skin of wine, not yet aged.
(d) A tangled skein of wool.
7. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
(b) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
(c) Do you miss your husband?
(d) Are you tired of war?
8. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
(a) Unable to communicate.
(b) Smarter than everyone.
(c) A boring little baby.
(d) Liked by too many people.
9. In the debate, Right advocates what activity over chattering at the market?
10. In Lysistrata, a sure sign of courage is, according to the Men, what?
(a) A hairy bottom.
(c) Skills in knot-tying.
(d) A defined forearm.
11. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, what moves the first woman to exit the temple and face the Magistrate to do so?
(a) The men took a crowbar to the door.
(b) She went on her own free will.
(c) The men started to smoke out the women.
(d) The men told her the gods would strike her down.
12. The Women tell a story of Timon to the Men. According to the women, Timon hated men. What didn't Timon hate?
13. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(b) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(c) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(d) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
14. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
15. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(c) The Chours of Clouds
(d) The Student.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Choruses of Old Men and Old Women confront each other after the temporary defeat, the Old Men tell a tale of a man named what?
2. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
3. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
4. Why is Myrrhine late for Lysistrata's meeting?
5. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)