|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
2. What is the first question Lysistrata poses the assembled women?
(a) Do you like to wear sheer robes?
(b) Are you tired of war?
(c) Do you like to care of the home by yourself?
(d) Do you miss your husband?
3. In Lysistrata, after the women swear the oath and go to the Acropolis, who enters the stage?
(a) The Chorus of Women.
(c) The Chorus of Old Men.
4. As quoted in Lysistrata, complete Euripides' statement. "There is no beast so shameless as a ____"?
5. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(b) Pheidippides needs more time.
(c) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
(d) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
6. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(a) Wine skin.
7. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) Powerful Athenian Warriors.
(b) The Gods.
(c) Spartian music.
(d) Reckless Athenian Women.
8. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
(a) Fit in his robes.
(b) Win the war.
(c) Enter the temple.
(d) Kiss Stratyllis.
9. In Lysistrata, after the Acropolis is opened, is it apparent that there are more men or women in the stand-off?
(a) Men, but the women are smarter.
(b) Women, but the men are more powerful.
10. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
(b) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(c) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
(d) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
11. Lysistrata comes out from the Acropolis and meets Stratyllis, how does she act?
(a) She is aggitated and paces.
(b) She sings and dances.
(c) She is happy and victorious.
(d) She is thoughtful and smirking.
12. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
(a) Paying back his father's debt.
(b) Not performing his chores.
(c) Hitting his father.
(d) Spending more money on horses.
13. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
14. Who throws off a cloak at the end of the debate between Right and Wrong, running out into the audience wearing female clothing?
15. In The Clouds, what does the First Creditor look like?
(a) He is very pale.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He is very fat.
(d) He is very thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of The Chorus of Old Women in Lysistrata?
2. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
3. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
4. Why is Myrrhine late for Lysistrata's meeting?
5. After the Magistrate runs off to "show his colleagues" what the women did to him, who comes out on stage?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)