|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wrong tells Pheidippides not to listen to Right because he will grow up and be what?
(a) Unable to communicate.
(b) Smarter than everyone.
(c) Liked by too many people.
(d) A boring little baby.
2. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(b) An adolescent with a hen.
(c) A robust soldier from a distant land.
(d) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
3. As they fighting goes on between the Choruses, who "accepts defeat for the time being"?
(a) The Chorus of Old Men.
(d) The Chorus of Old Women.
4. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Dark and Light Day.
(b) Old and New Day.
(c) Night and Day Day.
(d) Past and Present Day.
5. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides needs more time.
(b) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
(c) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(d) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
6. The Men's leader must give up onions in order to do what?
(a) Kiss Stratyllis.
(b) Win the war.
(c) Enter the temple.
(d) Fit in his robes.
7. The women assembled are all ready to do anything to end the war except what?
(a) Walk through fire.
(b) Sell everything they own.
(c) Renounce sex.
(d) Cut themselves in two.
8. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) Her saffron robe is ripped.
(b) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
(c) Her husband is too attentive.
(d) She can't get to sleep.
9. What is notable about the Spartan garments?
(a) They are all split on the side.
(b) They are all blue.
(c) They button up the back.
(d) They are all red.
10. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
(a) A skin of wine, not yet aged.
(b) A tangled skein of wool.
(c) A field of flowers in spring.
(d) A day-old loaf of bread.
11. What will The Chorus of Clouds do for the theatre judges for a favorable outcome?
(a) Rain and crops.
(d) Wine and beer.
12. What does Cinesias tell Lysistrata he wants?
(a) To help the women.
(b) To flee Athens.
(c) To go home. He loves it there now this his wife is gone.
(d) To see his wife.
13. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(c) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
14. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(b) A robust solder from Sparta.
(c) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(d) An adolescent with a rooster.
15. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
(a) Sit at home.
(b) Look pretty.
(c) Wear giant slippers.
(d) Speak for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
2. Who provides the rules for Right and Wrong's argument?
3. In Part 3 of Lysistrata, which woman is the first to exit the temple and face the Magistrate?
4. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
5. What does Right talk about in his big speech, debating with Wrong?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)