|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(b) The Ambassador.
2. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
3. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(b) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(c) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(d) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
4. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(d) "The Great King's Eye."
5. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
(b) The Chorus of the Clouds.
(d) The Student.
6. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
(a) He and his daughters are very fat.
(b) He and his daughters are very thin.
(c) He and his daughters are without identification.
(d) He and his daughters are dressed inappropriately.
7. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
(a) A pot.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A basket.
(d) A doormat.
8. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He offends the guests.
(b) He eats all the food.
(c) He gets drunk and passes out.
(d) He gets drunk and violent.
9. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
(c) The Graces.
(d) Young Eros.
10. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
(a) He pokes Nicharus' eyes.
(b) He slaps Nicharus.
(c) He beats Nicharus with one of his straps.
(d) He trips Nicharus.
11. How do Ismenias and the slaves pack Nicharus?
(a) In shavings.
(b) In olives.
(c) In leaves.
(d) In rags.
12. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
(d) Lamp wicks.
13. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
(c) The slaves.
(d) The Leader.
14. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Fear strike the last to finish.
(b) Stone the winner.
(c) Hail to the champion.
(d) Hurry all you others.
15. Who poses as the eunuchs?
(a) Cleisthenes and Strato.
(b) Wrong and Right.
(c) Two dancing girls.
(d) Nobody, they are really eunuchs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Third Messenger announces what?
2. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
3. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
4. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
5. When Strepsiades arrives at the school with Pheidippides, what does Strepsiades do?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)