|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
2. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) Stage right, like an actor.
(b) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(c) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(d) From the trap door, like a sneak.
3. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
4. According to Socrates, why does a gnat make a humming noise?
(a) The speed of its wings produce a sound.
(b) Wind goes straight through its intestinal passage. It's a gnat fart.
(c) It's a mating call.
(d) That's just the sound it makes.
5. What does Socrates try to teach Strepsiades?
(a) Algebra, logic, and religion.
(b) Geometry, language, and gender.
(c) Physics, dance, and culture.
(d) Chemistry, music, and politics.
6. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) Women who want peace.
(b) The children of the city.
(c) Firey old men.
(d) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
7. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) The war is over.
(b) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(c) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(d) It is time to drink wine.
8. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
(a) A window.
(b) The altar.
(c) The yard.
(d) The roof.
9. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
(c) The Crier.
10. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(b) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
(c) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(d) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
11. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
(a) Being carried by two soldiers.
(b) Making a peace offering.
(c) Pouring a drink.
(d) Carrying loot from his spoils.
12. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
(a) Hides it in his cellar.
(b) Makes an offering to Dionysus.
(c) Buries it in the ground.
(d) Shares it with everybody.
13. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
(a) Drinking with dancing girls.
(b) Playing music on the lute.
(c) Dancing with his daughters.
(d) Singing bawdy songs.
14. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
(a) He pokes Nicharus' eyes.
(b) He beats Nicharus with one of his straps.
(c) He trips Nicharus.
(d) He slaps Nicharus.
15. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
2. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
3. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
4. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
5. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)