|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
(b) He refuses to go and returns home.
(c) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(d) He enters ready to learn.
2. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
3. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
4. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He is half-asleep.
(b) He secretly loves philosophy.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to help Strepsiades.
5. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
(a) They see one more ambassador, then close.
(b) They work into the night.
(c) They see several more ambassadors, and close.
(d) They close after the second ambassador.
6. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(b) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(c) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(d) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
7. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) Some pottery.
(b) The Megeran daughters.
(c) An informer.
(d) The crier.
8. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Clove and spice.
(b) Ambrosia and nectar.
(c) Fruit and lumber.
(d) Pepper and chocolate.
9. Aristophanes describes all the students in The Clouds as what?
10. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A basket.
(c) A pot.
(d) A doormat.
11. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
(a) The Thinkery.
(c) The Temple of Athena.
(d) The City Mansion.
12. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
(a) Dream of philosophy.
(b) Think of one on his problems.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Clear his mind.
13. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
(b) The Leader.
(c) The slaves.
14. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians.
(c) The assembly.
15. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
(a) Young Eros.
(d) The Graces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis take as tax from the Thebian?
2. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
3. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
4. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
5. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)