|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
(a) He and his daughters are dressed inappropriately.
(b) He and his daughters are very fat.
(c) He and his daughters are without identification.
(d) He and his daughters are very thin.
2. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
3. How does Dikaiopolis help Dercetes?
(a) He gives him wine.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) He shares the peace.
(d) He gives him food.
4. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
5. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
(a) He slaps Nicharus.
(b) He beats Nicharus with one of his straps.
(c) He trips Nicharus.
(d) He pokes Nicharus' eyes.
6. How do Ismenias and the slaves pack Nicharus?
(a) In leaves.
(b) In shavings.
(c) In rags.
(d) In olives.
7. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He enters ready to learn.
(b) He refuses to go and returns home.
(c) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
(d) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
8. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
9. What did Dercetes lose?
(a) His job.
(b) His slaves.
(c) His wife.
(d) His oxen.
10. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(b) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(c) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(d) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
11. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He is half-asleep.
(b) He secretly loves philosophy.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to help Strepsiades.
12. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
13. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
(a) Patting his head.
(b) Shaking him.
(c) Kicking him.
(d) Poking him.
14. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
15. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(b) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(c) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(d) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
2. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
3. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
4. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
5. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)