|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ismenias and the slaves pack Nicharus?
(a) In olives.
(b) In leaves.
(c) In shavings.
(d) In rags.
2. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He gets drunk and passes out.
(b) He offends the guests.
(c) He gets drunk and violent.
(d) He eats all the food.
3. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) His doormats will fall apart.
(b) His food will poison the people.
(c) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
(d) He is actually a spy.
4. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He is caught by the enemy.
(b) He deserts the Athenian army.
(c) He earns glory for Athens.
(d) He is wounded.
5. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
(a) The Ruminator.
(b) The Thinkery.
(c) The Thoughtery.
(d) The Thinkerator.
6. What does the champion of Pitcher Day win?
(a) A basket of food.
(b) Many dancing girls.
(c) A full wine-skin.
7. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
(a) Patting his head.
(b) Poking him.
(c) Kicking him.
(d) Shaking him.
8. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
9. What does Socrates try to teach Strepsiades?
(a) Chemistry, music, and politics.
(b) Physics, dance, and culture.
(c) Geometry, language, and gender.
(d) Algebra, logic, and religion.
10. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
(b) With his head over a block.
(c) In a headlock.
(d) On a catapult, ready to launch.
11. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
(a) Buries it in the ground.
(b) Shares it with everybody.
(c) Makes an offering to Dionysus.
(d) Hides it in his cellar.
12. When the crier re-enters in Part 4 of The Acharnians to announce the trumpet signal to drink wine, what is Dikaiopolis doing?
13. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
14. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
(a) Lamp wicks.
15. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
(a) Watch the sacrifice.
(b) Burn him at the stake.
(c) Stone him.
(d) Offer a sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Third Messenger announces what?
2. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
3. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
4. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
5. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)