|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(d) The Chorus of Clouds.
2. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(b) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(c) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(d) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
3. Dikaiopolis tells his daughter to have what kind of look on her face when she is carrying the basket?
4. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
5. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
(a) Think of one on his problems.
(b) Clear his mind.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Dream of philosophy.
6. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
(a) Be brougut back to battle.
(b) To share a drink with Dikaiopolis.
(c) Be taken to the doctor.
(d) Be carried home.
7. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He earns glory for Athens.
(b) He is caught by the enemy.
(c) He deserts the Athenian army.
(d) He is wounded.
8. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
(b) Floppy hat, rim falling off.
(c) Drinking cup, chipped at the rim.
(d) Wicker basket, burnt by a lamp.
9. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
(a) The Thinkery.
(b) The Thinkerator.
(c) The Ruminator.
(d) The Thoughtery.
10. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He gets drunk and violent.
(b) He gets drunk and passes out.
(c) He offends the guests.
(d) He eats all the food.
11. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
12. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(b) Cleon accused him of treason.
(c) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(d) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
13. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) His food will poison the people.
(b) His doormats will fall apart.
(c) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
(d) He is actually a spy.
14. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
(a) Dancing with his daughters.
(b) Singing bawdy songs.
(c) Playing music on the lute.
(d) Drinking with dancing girls.
15. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) A grassy patch off to the side.
(b) Stones laid on the ground,
(c) Sticks laid on the ground.
(d) A line drawn in the sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
2. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
3. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
4. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
5. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)