|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
2. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He wants to help Strepsiades.
(b) He secretly loves philosophy.
(c) He is half-asleep.
(d) He is bored.
3. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He gets drunk and violent.
(b) He eats all the food.
(c) He offends the guests.
(d) He gets drunk and passes out.
4. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
(b) Yes, but not the eels.
(c) Yes, but at twice the price.
5. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He is caught by the enemy.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He deserts the Athenian army.
(d) He earns glory for Athens.
6. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Clove and spice.
(b) Ambrosia and nectar.
(c) Pepper and chocolate.
(d) Fruit and lumber.
7. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
(a) With his head over a block.
(c) On a catapult, ready to launch.
(d) In a headlock.
8. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) It is time to drink wine.
(b) The war is over.
(c) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(d) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
9. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
(b) Drinking cup, chipped at the rim.
(c) Floppy hat, rim falling off.
(d) Wicker basket, burnt by a lamp.
10. When the crier re-enters in Part 4 of The Acharnians to announce the trumpet signal to drink wine, what is Dikaiopolis doing?
11. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
(b) He threatens to kill a baby.
(c) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
(d) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
12. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(c) "The Great King's Eye."
13. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
(b) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(c) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(d) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
14. Who does The Chorus of Clouds tell Strepsiades to send to the school in his stead?
15. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
(a) Two drachmas.
(b) One drachma.
(c) Ten drachmas.
(d) Four dracmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
2. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
3. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
4. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
5. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)