|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
(b) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(c) He enters ready to learn.
(d) He refuses to go and returns home.
2. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(a) A second King's Eye.
(d) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
3. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
(b) He threatens to kill a baby.
(c) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
(d) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
4. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A pot.
(c) A basket.
(d) A doormat.
5. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) Stones laid on the ground,
(b) Sticks laid on the ground.
(c) A line drawn in the sand.
(d) A grassy patch off to the side.
6. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
(a) The Thinkerator.
(b) The Thinkery.
(c) The Thoughtery.
(d) The Ruminator.
7. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
(a) He doesn't even try it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He tastes it, but doesn't like it.
(d) He likes it, but tries another.
8. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(b) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
(c) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(d) Cleon accused him of treason.
9. Who poses as the eunuchs?
(a) Two dancing girls.
(b) Wrong and Right.
(c) Cleisthenes and Strato.
(d) Nobody, they are really eunuchs.
10. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(c) The Acharnians.
(d) The Crier.
11. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
(a) Floppy hat, rim falling off.
(b) Drinking cup, chipped at the rim.
(c) Wicker basket, burnt by a lamp.
12. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
(a) Young Eros.
(d) The Graces.
13. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
14. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
(a) He and his daughters are very fat.
(b) He and his daughters are dressed inappropriately.
(c) He and his daughters are very thin.
(d) He and his daughters are without identification.
15. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) His doormats will fall apart.
(b) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
(c) He is actually a spy.
(d) His food will poison the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
2. When Strepsiades arrives at the school with Pheidippides, what does Strepsiades do?
3. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
4. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
5. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)