|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(b) The Chorus of Clouds.
2. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
(d) Lamp wicks.
3. Aristophanes describes all the students in The Clouds as what?
4. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
(a) Be taken to the doctor.
(b) Be carried home.
(c) To share a drink with Dikaiopolis.
(d) Be brougut back to battle.
5. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
6. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Clove and spice.
(b) Fruit and lumber.
(c) Pepper and chocolate.
(d) Ambrosia and nectar.
7. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Share his peace.
(c) Continue selling in his market.
(d) Cook for everyone else.
8. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) Some pottery.
(b) An informer.
(c) The Megeran daughters.
(d) The crier.
9. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
10. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
(a) Stone him.
(b) Burn him at the stake.
(c) Watch the sacrifice.
(d) Offer a sacrifice.
11. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
(b) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(c) Cleon accused him of treason.
(d) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
12. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
13. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(a) The Acharnians.
(b) The Crier.
14. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
(a) Strepsiades is too high maintenance.
(b) Strepsiades doesn't want to learn.
(c) Strepsiades eats too much.
(d) Strepsiades cannot remember anything he was taught.
15. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
(a) Cake and soup.
(b) Cheese and olives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
2. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
3. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
4. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
5. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)