|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
(b) The Acharnians.
2. How do Ismenias and the slaves pack Nicharus?
(a) In olives.
(b) In leaves.
(c) In rags.
(d) In shavings.
3. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
(c) He runs for the coals.
(d) He sneaks off the block.
4. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
(b) The Leader.
(d) The slaves.
5. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
(a) With his head over a block.
(b) On a catapult, ready to launch.
(d) In a headlock.
6. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
(a) Offers some wine to Amphitheus.
(b) Takes the wine into his house to celebrate.
(c) Talks to the Acharnians about their differences in opinion.
(d) Pledges to share the peace wine with everyone.
7. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He is half-asleep.
(b) He secretly loves philosophy.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to help Strepsiades.
8. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
(a) Young Eros.
(b) The Graces.
9. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
10. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of treason.
(b) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
(c) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(d) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
11. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
(a) He and his daughters are very fat.
(b) He and his daughters are without identification.
(c) He and his daughters are dressed inappropriately.
(d) He and his daughters are very thin.
12. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
(d) Lamp wicks.
13. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) The children of the city.
(b) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
(c) Women who want peace.
(d) Firey old men.
14. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Ambrosia and nectar.
(b) Fruit and lumber.
(c) Pepper and chocolate.
(d) Clove and spice.
15. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He threatens to kill a baby.
(b) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
(c) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
(d) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
2. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
3. How does Dikaiopolis help Dercetes?
4. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
5. What did Dercetes lose?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)