|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
(a) Prepare a statement.
(b) Acquire a bribe.
(c) Hire an attorney.
(d) Change clothes.
2. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
(a) It smells too good.
(b) It is too soft.
(c) It is full of bugs.
(d) It is too big.
3. At the end of The Acharnians, The Chorus of Acharnians decides to follow who offstage, thereby symbolically giving support to which way of life?
(a) Nobody, they go their own way.
(b) The Third Messanger.
4. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He deserts the Athenian army.
(b) He is caught by the enemy.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He earns glory for Athens.
5. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
6. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
(a) To eat the dinner he prepared earlier.
(b) Clean up the mess from his cooking.
(c) Dinner with the Priest of Dionysus.
(d) He wants to take a nap.
7. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
8. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
(a) Strepsiades cannot remember anything he was taught.
(b) Strepsiades is too high maintenance.
(c) Strepsiades doesn't want to learn.
(d) Strepsiades eats too much.
9. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(d) The Ambassador.
10. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
11. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians don't say how they feel.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians praises Dikaiopolis.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians are indifferent to Dikaiopolis.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians are angry with Dikaiopolis.
12. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
(a) Pledges to share the peace wine with everyone.
(b) Offers some wine to Amphitheus.
(c) Talks to the Acharnians about their differences in opinion.
(d) Takes the wine into his house to celebrate.
13. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
(d) The Crier.
14. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(b) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(c) Cleon accused him of treason.
(d) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
15. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Dream of philosophy.
(c) Think of one on his problems.
(d) Clear his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
2. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
3. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
4. What does Dikaiopolis take as tax from the Thebian?
5. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)