|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
(a) They work into the night.
(b) They see several more ambassadors, and close.
(c) They close after the second ambassador.
(d) They see one more ambassador, then close.
2. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
(a) Be brougut back to battle.
(b) Be taken to the doctor.
(c) To share a drink with Dikaiopolis.
(d) Be carried home.
3. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
(a) He tastes it, but doesn't like it.
(b) He likes it, but tries another.
(c) He doesn't even try it.
(d) He loves it.
4. How does Dikaiopolis help Dercetes?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He gives him food.
(c) He gives him wine.
(d) He shares the peace.
5. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
6. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
(b) The Chorus of the Clouds.
(c) The Student.
7. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
8. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians.
(b) The assembly.
9. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
10. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
(a) Milk and peaches.
(b) Pepper and cheese.
(c) Salt and garlic.
(d) Wine and olives
11. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
(a) Start a riot.
(b) Play loud music.
(c) Try and go to sleep.
(d) Open a rival market.
12. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
13. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
(c) The Graces.
(d) Young Eros.
14. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
(a) It is too soft.
(b) It is full of bugs.
(c) It smells too good.
(d) It is too big.
15. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He offends the guests.
(b) He gets drunk and passes out.
(c) He gets drunk and violent.
(d) He eats all the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ismenias and the slaves pack Nicharus?
2. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
3. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
4. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
5. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)