|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
2. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
3. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) A grassy patch off to the side.
(b) Stones laid on the ground,
(c) Sticks laid on the ground.
(d) A line drawn in the sand.
4. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
(b) Girls, not pigs.
5. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
6. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
(a) Dream of philosophy.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Think of one on his problems.
(d) Clear his mind.
7. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Fear strike the last to finish.
(b) Stone the winner.
(c) Hail to the champion.
(d) Hurry all you others.
8. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
(a) He and his daughters are without identification.
(b) He and his daughters are very thin.
(c) He and his daughters are dressed inappropriately.
(d) He and his daughters are very fat.
9. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(b) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(c) The war is over.
(d) It is time to drink wine.
10. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
11. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(d) The Leader.
12. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(d) "The Great King's Eye."
13. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
(a) Patting his head.
(b) Poking him.
(c) Kicking him.
(d) Shaking him.
14. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
15. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
(c) Yes, but not the eels.
(d) Yes, but at twice the price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
2. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
3. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
4. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
5. At the end of The Acharnians, The Chorus of Acharnians decides to follow who offstage, thereby symbolically giving support to which way of life?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)