|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
(a) He beats Nicharus with one of his straps.
(b) He slaps Nicharus.
(c) He pokes Nicharus' eyes.
(d) He trips Nicharus.
2. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
3. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(b) The Ambassador.
4. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
(a) To eat the dinner he prepared earlier.
(b) Dinner with the Priest of Dionysus.
(c) Clean up the mess from his cooking.
(d) He wants to take a nap.
5. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) Stones laid on the ground,
(b) Sticks laid on the ground.
(c) A line drawn in the sand.
(d) A grassy patch off to the side.
6. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) The Megeran daughters.
(b) Some pottery.
(c) An informer.
(d) The crier.
7. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
(a) Playing music on the lute.
(b) Singing bawdy songs.
(c) Drinking with dancing girls.
(d) Dancing with his daughters.
8. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
(a) Hides it in his cellar.
(b) Makes an offering to Dionysus.
(c) Shares it with everybody.
(d) Buries it in the ground.
9. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
10. According to Socrates, why does a gnat make a humming noise?
(a) The speed of its wings produce a sound.
(b) Wind goes straight through its intestinal passage. It's a gnat fart.
(c) That's just the sound it makes.
(d) It's a mating call.
11. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
(b) The Acharnians.
12. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
13. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
14. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(a) The Acharnians.
(b) The Crier.
15. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
(a) Cook for everyone else.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Continue selling in his market.
(d) Share his peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
2. The Third Messenger announces what?
3. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
4. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
5. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)