|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
(d) Girls, not pigs.
2. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) Stones laid on the ground,
(b) Sticks laid on the ground.
(c) A grassy patch off to the side.
(d) A line drawn in the sand.
3. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(b) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(c) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
(d) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
4. How do Ismenias and the slaves pack Nicharus?
(a) In shavings.
(b) In rags.
(c) In leaves.
(d) In olives.
5. What does Dikaiopolis take as tax from the Thebian?
(a) A plant.
(c) A doorman.
6. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(a) A second King's Eye.
(c) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
7. Aristophanes describes all the students in The Clouds as what?
8. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
(a) It smells too good.
(b) It is too soft.
(c) It is full of bugs.
(d) It is too big.
9. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
10. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
(a) The Thoughtery.
(b) The Thinkerator.
(c) The Thinkery.
(d) The Ruminator.
11. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
12. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
13. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He offends the guests.
(b) He gets drunk and passes out.
(c) He eats all the food.
(d) He gets drunk and violent.
14. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) Some pottery.
(b) The Megeran daughters.
(c) The crier.
(d) An informer.
15. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
(a) Packs him food to take with him.
(b) Helps him dress.
(c) Readies his horse.
(d) Makes fun of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
2. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
3. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
4. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
5. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)