|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
(b) Yes, but at twice the price.
(d) Yes, but not the eels.
2. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
3. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
4. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
(a) Be taken to the doctor.
(b) To share a drink with Dikaiopolis.
(c) Be carried home.
(d) Be brougut back to battle.
5. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(b) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(c) The war is over.
(d) It is time to drink wine.
6. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
(c) The Leader.
(d) The slaves.
7. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) Women who want peace.
(b) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
(c) Firey old men.
(d) The children of the city.
8. When Strepsiades arrives at the school with Pheidippides, what does Strepsiades do?
(a) Since Pheidippides goes, Strepsiades goes also.
(b) Since Pheidippides goes, Strepsiades goes home.
(c) Since Pheidippides doesn't go, Strepsiades does.
(d) Since Pheidippides doesn't go, Strepsiades doesn't either.
9. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He secretly loves philosophy.
(b) He is half-asleep.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to help Strepsiades.
10. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
(a) Patting his head.
(b) Poking him.
(c) Kicking him.
(d) Shaking him.
11. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
(b) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
(c) He threatens to kill a baby.
(d) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
12. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
(b) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(c) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(d) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
13. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
(a) The Thinkerator.
(b) The Thoughtery.
(c) The Thinkery.
(d) The Ruminator.
14. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
(a) Young Eros.
(b) The Graces.
15. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
(a) He pokes Nicharus' eyes.
(b) He beats Nicharus with one of his straps.
(c) He trips Nicharus.
(d) He slaps Nicharus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
2. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
3. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
4. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
5. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)