|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dikaiopolis meet after he leaves the assembly for home?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians .
(c) The assembly.
2. What did Dercetes lose?
(a) His slaves.
(b) His job.
(c) His wife.
(d) His oxen.
3. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(b) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(c) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(d) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
4. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(b) The war is over.
(c) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(d) It is time to drink wine.
5. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
(a) He trips Nicharus.
(b) He slaps Nicharus.
(c) He pokes Nicharus' eyes.
(d) He beats Nicharus with one of his straps.
6. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(a) A second King's Eye.
(b) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
7. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(b) He enters ready to learn.
(c) He refuses to go and returns home.
(d) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
8. When the crier re-enters in Part 4 of The Acharnians to announce the trumpet signal to drink wine, what is Dikaiopolis doing?
9. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
(a) Try and go to sleep.
(b) Play loud music.
(c) Start a riot.
(d) Open a rival market.
10. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
(a) A harp.
(b) A lute.
(c) Wild flowers.
11. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Stone the winner.
(b) Hail to the champion.
(c) Hurry all you others.
(d) Fear strike the last to finish.
12. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He eats all the food.
(b) He offends the guests.
(c) He gets drunk and passes out.
(d) He gets drunk and violent.
13. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(b) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(c) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(d) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
14. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
(a) The Thinkery.
(b) The City Mansion.
(c) The Temple of Athena.
15. According to Socrates, why does a gnat make a humming noise?
(a) The speed of its wings produce a sound.
(b) It's a mating call.
(c) Wind goes straight through its intestinal passage. It's a gnat fart.
(d) That's just the sound it makes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
2. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
3. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
4. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
5. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)