|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
2. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
(c) Girls, not pigs.
3. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
4. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(c) The Leader.
5. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(a) A second King's Eye.
(d) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
6. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) An informer.
(b) The Megeran daughters.
(c) The crier.
(d) Some pottery.
7. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(b) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
(c) He refuses to go and returns home.
(d) He enters ready to learn.
8. At the end of The Acharnians, The Chorus of Acharnians decides to follow who offstage, thereby symbolically giving support to which way of life?
(c) The Third Messanger.
(d) Nobody, they go their own way.
9. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
(b) The Temple of Athena.
(c) The Thinkery.
(d) The City Mansion.
10. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
(c) Yes, but at twice the price.
(d) Yes, but not the eels.
11. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
(a) He pours some wine on the ground.
(b) He sends his son as an ambassador.
(c) He gives his life in service to the Spartians.
(d) He signs several treaties.
12. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
(a) He likes it, but tries another.
(b) He doesn't even try it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He tastes it, but doesn't like it.
13. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
(b) The Crier.
14. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
(c) Lamp wicks.
15. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(b) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(c) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(d) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
2. What does Dikaiopolis take as tax from the Thebian?
3. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
4. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
5. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)