|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
(b) Women who want peace.
(c) The children of the city.
(d) Firey old men.
2. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(b) Cleon accused him of treason.
(c) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(d) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
3. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
(a) Cook for everyone else.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Share his peace.
(d) Continue selling in his market.
4. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
5. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
(a) On a catapult, ready to launch.
(b) In a headlock.
(c) With his head over a block.
6. How does Dikaiopolis help Dercetes?
(a) He gives him food.
(b) He gives him wine.
(c) He shares the peace.
(d) He doesn't.
7. What did Dercetes lose?
(a) His job.
(b) His wife.
(c) His oxen.
(d) His slaves.
8. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(d) The Leader.
9. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
(a) Girls, not pigs.
10. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
(a) A doormat.
(b) A basket.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A pot.
11. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
(a) He and his daughters are very fat.
(b) He and his daughters are dressed inappropriately.
(c) He and his daughters are without identification.
(d) He and his daughters are very thin.
12. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
(a) He gives his life in service to the Spartians.
(b) He signs several treaties.
(c) He sends his son as an ambassador.
(d) He pours some wine on the ground.
13. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
(a) The Leader.
(c) The slaves.
14. At the end of The Acharnians, The Chorus of Acharnians decides to follow who offstage, thereby symbolically giving support to which way of life?
(b) The Third Messanger.
(d) Nobody, they go their own way.
15. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
(a) He doesn't even try it.
(b) He tastes it, but doesn't like it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He likes it, but tries another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
2. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
3. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
4. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
5. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)