|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
2. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(b) Cleon accused him of treason.
(c) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(d) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
3. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
(a) Burn him at the stake.
(b) Stone him.
(c) Watch the sacrifice.
(d) Offer a sacrifice.
4. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
5. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(b) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(c) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(d) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
6. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
(a) Avoid paying interest.
(b) Make interest back.
(c) Trick his son into learning rhetoric.
(d) Sleep in a bed full of bugs.
7. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
8. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
(a) Start a riot.
(b) Play loud music.
(c) Try and go to sleep.
(d) Open a rival market.
9. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(c) The Chorus of Clouds.
10. How does Dikaiopolis help Dercetes?
(a) He gives him wine.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) He gives him food.
(d) He shares the peace.
11. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
12. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
13. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
(a) Wine and olives
(b) Salt and garlic.
(c) Pepper and cheese.
(d) Milk and peaches.
14. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(c) "The Great King's Eye."
15. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Ambrosia and nectar.
(b) Clove and spice.
(c) Pepper and chocolate.
(d) Fruit and lumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Third Messenger announces what?
2. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
3. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
4. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
5. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)