|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
(a) A pot.
(b) A doormat.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A basket.
2. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
(b) The Graces.
(d) Young Eros.
3. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
(a) Poking him.
(b) Shaking him.
(c) Kicking him.
(d) Patting his head.
4. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(b) It is time to drink wine.
(c) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(d) The war is over.
5. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
(a) Two drachmas.
(b) Ten drachmas.
(c) Four dracmas.
(d) One drachma.
6. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(b) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(c) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(d) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
7. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
(a) Readies his horse.
(b) Packs him food to take with him.
(c) Helps him dress.
(d) Makes fun of him.
8. Who does Dikaiopolis meet after he leaves the assembly for home?
(a) The assembly.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians .
9. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) He is actually a spy.
(b) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
(c) His food will poison the people.
(d) His doormats will fall apart.
10. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
(a) The assembly.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians.
11. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
12. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(b) He enters ready to learn.
(c) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
(d) He refuses to go and returns home.
13. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
(b) He sneaks off the block.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
(d) He runs for the coals.
14. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
(a) Continue selling in his market.
(b) Share his peace.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Cook for everyone else.
15. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) From the trap door, like a sneak.
(b) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(c) Stage right, like an actor.
(d) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis take as tax from the Thebian?
2. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
3. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
4. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
5. What does Socrates try to teach Strepsiades?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)