|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(b) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(c) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(d) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
2. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
3. What does the champion of Pitcher Day win?
(a) A basket of food.
(b) Many dancing girls.
(d) A full wine-skin.
4. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(d) The Chorus of Clouds.
5. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He wants to help Strepsiades.
(b) He is half-asleep.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He secretly loves philosophy.
6. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Clove and spice.
(b) Ambrosia and nectar.
(c) Pepper and chocolate.
(d) Fruit and lumber.
7. What does Socrates try to teach Strepsiades?
(a) Algebra, logic, and religion.
(b) Physics, dance, and culture.
(c) Geometry, language, and gender.
(d) Chemistry, music, and politics.
8. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
(a) Think of one on his problems.
(b) Dream of philosophy.
(c) Clear his mind.
(d) Go to sleep.
9. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
(a) Open a rival market.
(b) Play loud music.
(c) Try and go to sleep.
(d) Start a riot.
10. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
(a) Wild flowers.
(b) A lute.
(d) A harp.
11. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
12. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
(a) He signs several treaties.
(b) He gives his life in service to the Spartians.
(c) He sends his son as an ambassador.
(d) He pours some wine on the ground.
13. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(b) The Ambassador.
14. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He deserts the Athenian army.
(b) He earns glory for Athens.
(c) He is caught by the enemy.
(d) He is wounded.
15. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does The Chorus of Clouds tell Strepsiades to send to the school in his stead?
2. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
3. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
4. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
5. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)