Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(a) The Leader.
2. Who poses as the eunuchs?
(a) Cleisthenes and Strato.
(b) Two dancing girls.
(c) Wrong and Right.
(d) Nobody, they are really eunuchs.
3. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
(a) Pledges to share the peace wine with everyone.
(b) Offers some wine to Amphitheus.
(c) Takes the wine into his house to celebrate.
(d) Talks to the Acharnians about their differences in opinion.
4. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(c) The Chorus of Clouds.
5. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
6. Dikaiopolis tells his daughter to have what kind of look on her face when she is carrying the basket?
7. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
(a) A harp.
(c) A lute.
(d) Wild flowers.
8. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(a) "The Great King's Eye."
9. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
10. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) He sneaks off the block.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
(c) He runs for the coals.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
11. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) Stage right, like an actor.
(b) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(c) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(d) From the trap door, like a sneak.
12. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Clove and spice.
(b) Pepper and chocolate.
(c) Ambrosia and nectar.
(d) Fruit and lumber.
13. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) The war is over.
(b) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(c) It is time to drink wine.
(d) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
14. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Continue selling in his market.
(c) Cook for everyone else.
(d) Share his peace.
15. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
2. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
3. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
4. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
5. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)