|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
2. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
3. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
(a) The roof.
(b) The altar.
(c) The yard.
(d) A window.
4. What did Dercetes lose?
(a) His slaves.
(b) His wife.
(c) His job.
(d) His oxen.
5. Who poses as the eunuchs?
(a) Wrong and Right.
(b) Nobody, they are really eunuchs.
(c) Two dancing girls.
(d) Cleisthenes and Strato.
6. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
(a) He and his daughters are very fat.
(b) He and his daughters are without identification.
(c) He and his daughters are dressed inappropriately.
(d) He and his daughters are very thin.
7. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
(a) Two drachmas.
(b) Four dracmas.
(c) One drachma.
(d) Ten drachmas.
8. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(b) The Leader.
9. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
(a) The Student.
(b) The Chorus of the Clouds.
10. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(b) From the trap door, like a sneak.
(c) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(d) Stage right, like an actor.
11. According to Socrates, why does a gnat make a humming noise?
(a) The speed of its wings produce a sound.
(b) That's just the sound it makes.
(c) It's a mating call.
(d) Wind goes straight through its intestinal passage. It's a gnat fart.
12. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians don't say how they feel.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians are angry with Dikaiopolis.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians are indifferent to Dikaiopolis.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians praises Dikaiopolis.
13. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He secretly loves philosophy.
(b) He is half-asleep.
(c) He wants to help Strepsiades.
(d) He is bored.
14. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
(b) Women who want peace.
(c) The children of the city.
(d) Firey old men.
15. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
Short Answer Questions
1. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
2. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
3. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
4. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
5. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)