|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
(a) The ten year peace.
(b) The thirty year peace.
(c) The five year peace.
(d) The fifteen year peace.
2. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
(b) Yes, but not the eels.
(d) Yes, but at twice the price.
3. Who does Dikaiopolis meet after he leaves the assembly for home?
(a) The assembly.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians .
4. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
5. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
(b) The Chorus of the Clouds.
(d) The Student.
6. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
(a) Cake and soup.
(c) Cheese and olives.
7. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
(a) Strepsiades doesn't want to learn.
(b) Strepsiades is too high maintenance.
(c) Strepsiades cannot remember anything he was taught.
(d) Strepsiades eats too much.
8. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) It is time to drink wine.
(b) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(c) The war is over.
(d) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
9. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(b) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(c) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
(d) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
10. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(b) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
(c) A second King's Eye.
11. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
(a) Burn him at the stake.
(b) Offer a sacrifice.
(c) Watch the sacrifice.
(d) Stone him.
12. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
(a) Sleep in a bed full of bugs.
(b) Trick his son into learning rhetoric.
(c) Make interest back.
(d) Avoid paying interest.
13. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
14. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
(a) A pot.
(b) A doormat.
(c) A basket.
(d) A bottle of wine.
15. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He refuses to go and returns home.
(b) He enters ready to learn.
(c) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(d) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
2. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
3. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
4. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
5. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)