|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
(a) Takes the wine into his house to celebrate.
(b) Pledges to share the peace wine with everyone.
(c) Offers some wine to Amphitheus.
(d) Talks to the Acharnians about their differences in opinion.
2. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
3. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) The children of the city.
(b) Women who want peace.
(c) Firey old men.
(d) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
4. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
5. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
(a) Prepare a statement.
(b) Hire an attorney.
(c) Acquire a bribe.
(d) Change clothes.
6. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
(a) Shares it with everybody.
(b) Hides it in his cellar.
(c) Buries it in the ground.
(d) Makes an offering to Dionysus.
7. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
(a) Yes, but at twice the price.
(c) Yes, but not the eels.
8. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
(a) They see one more ambassador, then close.
(b) They work into the night.
(c) They see several more ambassadors, and close.
(d) They close after the second ambassador.
9. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
10. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) His food will poison the people.
(b) His doormats will fall apart.
(c) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
(d) He is actually a spy.
11. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Dream of philosophy.
(c) Clear his mind.
(d) Think of one on his problems.
12. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
(d) The Crier.
13. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
(a) Cook for everyone else.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Continue selling in his market.
(d) Share his peace.
14. Who is the second ambassador in the assembly to speak?
15. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
(a) The thirty year peace.
(b) The fifteen year peace.
(c) The five year peace.
(d) The ten year peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
2. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
3. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
4. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
5. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)