|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(c) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
(d) A second King's Eye.
2. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) He is actually a spy.
(b) His doormats will fall apart.
(c) His food will poison the people.
(d) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
3. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
4. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
5. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Hurry all you others.
(b) Hail to the champion.
(c) Stone the winner.
(d) Fear strike the last to finish.
6. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(b) The Leader.
7. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
(a) The Thinkery.
(b) The City Mansion.
(c) The Temple of Athena.
8. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
(a) Pouring a drink.
(b) Making a peace offering.
(c) Carrying loot from his spoils.
(d) Being carried by two soldiers.
9. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He wants to help Strepsiades.
(b) He is half-asleep.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He secretly loves philosophy.
10. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
(a) Open a rival market.
(b) Play loud music.
(c) Try and go to sleep.
(d) Start a riot.
11. Who does The Chorus of Clouds tell Strepsiades to send to the school in his stead?
12. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
(a) Strepsiades doesn't want to learn.
(b) Strepsiades is too high maintenance.
(c) Strepsiades cannot remember anything he was taught.
(d) Strepsiades eats too much.
13. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
(a) Avoid paying interest.
(b) Trick his son into learning rhetoric.
(c) Make interest back.
(d) Sleep in a bed full of bugs.
14. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(b) The Ambassador.
15. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
(a) Cheese and olives.
(b) Cake and soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
2. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
3. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
4. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
5. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)