|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata sees a man in the distance by the shrine of Chloe. What is vexing him?
(a) He is pulling a cart by himself.
(b) He is pushing a giant rock uphill.
(c) He is following a spool of thread that winds and unwinds.
(d) He is driven mad by Aphrodite's powers.
2. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) Her saffron robe is ripped.
(b) She can't get to sleep.
(c) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
(d) Her husband is too attentive.
3. Strepsiades tells the First Creditor he would make a very good what?
(a) Wine skin.
4. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
(a) The stable fees.
(b) The pony.
(c) The ash-colored horse.
(d) The chariot.
5. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(d) "The Great King's Eye."
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
2. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
3. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
4. What does the Herald reveal to Cinesias about the condition of the Spartans?
5. What does Cinesias understand from the Herald's report?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)