|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the women took the Acropolis, the Magistrate had trouble with women. What did the last woman do to upset the Magistrate?
(a) Dance during a debate.
(b) Shout for Zeus from the market.
(c) Sing during a feast.
(d) Cry for Adonis on the roof.
2. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They grease up.
(b) They take their clothes off.
(c) They stretch and warm-up.
(d) They assemble weapons.
3. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians are indifferent to Dikaiopolis.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians are angry with Dikaiopolis.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians don't say how they feel.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians praises Dikaiopolis.
4. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(b) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(c) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(d) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
5. How does one woman pretend to be pregnant in order to go home in Part 4 of Lysistrata?
(a) She uses treasures from the temple.
(b) She is actually pregnant.
(c) She uses a helmet.
(d) She uses wool, full of moths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
2. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
3. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
4. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
5. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)