|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(c) The Acharnians.
(d) The Crier.
2. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
(a) The coals fell out of their pots on the way.
(b) The coals went out.
(c) Smoke blows in their faces, twice.
(d) The coals blow away.
3. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians don't say how they feel.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians are indifferent to Dikaiopolis.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians are angry with Dikaiopolis.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians praises Dikaiopolis.
4. What is the plan to get out the women occupying the Acropolis, according to the Men's Leader?
(a) Ask them to leave, or smoke them out.
(b) Aske them to leave, or burn all their gowns and robes at home.
(c) Ask them to leave, or set their homes on fire.
(d) Ask them to leave, or go on a sex strike.
5. The man spotted by Lysistrata in Part 4 is actually a husband, belonging to one of the women present. Whose husband is he?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
2. At the very end of the play, what do the women have for the men in the Acropolis?
3. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
4. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
5. What does Socrates try to teach Strepsiades?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)