|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(b) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(c) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(d) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
2. What does the Herald reveal to Cinesias about the condition of the Spartans?
(a) The men didn't even notice the women were gone.
(b) They are all equally pained by their torture from Aphrodite.
(c) The men are actually thrilled the women are gone.
(d) The men are surprisingly not bothered by absent women.
3. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(b) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(c) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(d) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
4. How do Stratyllis and the Men's Leader and their followers get ready to fight?
(a) They assemble weapons.
(b) They stretch and warm-up.
(c) They grease up.
(d) They take their clothes off.
5. In Lysistrata, what are the men going to do with the first woman to exit the temple?
(a) Banish her.
(b) Burn her at the stake.
(c) Offer her as sacrifice for occupying the temple.
(d) Tie her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Women tell a story of Timon to the Men. According to the women, Timon hated men. What didn't Timon hate?
2. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
3. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
4. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
5. Who is the first woman to join Lysistrata?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)