|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
(b) Her saffron robe is ripped.
(c) Her husband is too attentive.
(d) She can't get to sleep.
2. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(a) The Chorus of Clouds.
3. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
(a) Supplied the armies with homemade meals.
(b) Handled local government while the soldiers are gone.
(c) Given their sons and daughters.
(d) Repaired the torn uniforms of the soldiers.
4. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
(a) Making a peace offering.
(b) Pouring a drink.
(c) Carrying loot from his spoils.
(d) Being carried by two soldiers.
5. In Lysistrata, what are the women going to do with the money in the temple?
(a) Buy new husbands that aren't soldiers.
(b) Spend it on clothes.
(c) Give it to other cities to end the war.
(d) Take care of it, run the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
2. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
3. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
4. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
5. As The Chorus of Old Men slowly get their fires going, who runs to the scene?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)