|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
(a) Buries it in the ground.
(b) Hides it in his cellar.
(c) Makes an offering to Dionysus.
(d) Shares it with everybody.
2. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is half-asleep.
(c) He wants to help Strepsiades.
(d) He secretly loves philosophy.
3. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) Stage right, like an actor.
(b) From the trap door, like a sneak.
(c) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(d) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
4. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(b) The Crier.
(d) The Acharnians.
5. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(d) The Leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
2. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
3. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
4. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
5. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)