|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
(a) He signs several treaties.
(b) He gives his life in service to the Spartians.
(c) He pours some wine on the ground.
(d) He sends his son as an ambassador.
2. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
(a) Pheidippides is ready to argue.
(b) Pheidippides needs more time.
(c) Pheidippides refused to learn anything.
(d) Pheidippides may go, but he won't win all of the arguments.
3. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
4. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
(a) He doesn't even try it.
(b) He tastes it, but doesn't like it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He likes it, but tries another.
5. What have the women done for the war effort, up to the play?
(a) Given their sons and daughters.
(b) Handled local government while the soldiers are gone.
(c) Supplied the armies with homemade meals.
(d) Repaired the torn uniforms of the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
2. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
3. What object does Lysistrata use as a metaphor to show how they will solve Greece's problems?
4. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
5. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)