|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
2. Strepsiades goes back to The Thinkery to check and see if Pheidippides is ready. Who answers the door?
(a) The Student.
(d) The Chours of Clouds
3. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(b) The Acharnians.
(c) The Crier.
4. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(d) The Leader.
5. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
(a) Avoid paying interest.
(b) Trick his son into learning rhetoric.
(c) Make interest back.
(d) Sleep in a bed full of bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the debate, Right advocates what activity over chattering at the market?
2. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
3. According to Socrates, why does a gnat make a humming noise?
4. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
5. Who does The Chorus of Clouds tell Strepsiades to send to the school in his stead?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)