|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Night and Day Day.
(b) Dark and Light Day.
(c) Old and New Day.
(d) Past and Present Day.
2. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
(a) Shares it with everybody.
(b) Buries it in the ground.
(c) Hides it in his cellar.
(d) Makes an offering to Dionysus.
3. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
(a) Playing music on the lute.
(b) Singing bawdy songs.
(c) Dancing with his daughters.
(d) Drinking with dancing girls.
4. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Ambrosia and nectar.
(b) Clove and spice.
(c) Fruit and lumber.
(d) Pepper and chocolate.
5. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) Stones laid on the ground,
(b) Sticks laid on the ground.
(c) A line drawn in the sand.
(d) A grassy patch off to the side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
2. In Lysistrata, where is Ismenia from?
3. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
4. Who poses as the eunuchs?
5. What does Socrates tell Strepsiades about Pheidippides's progress?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)