|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades will be broken-hearted.
(b) Strepsiades will be very proud of his son.
(c) Strepsiades will get out of all of his debt.
(d) Strepsiades will come into some money.
2. Socrates and Strepsiades brainstorm ways that Strepsiades can what?
(a) Make interest back.
(b) Trick his son into learning rhetoric.
(c) Sleep in a bed full of bugs.
(d) Avoid paying interest.
3. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Clove and spice.
(b) Fruit and lumber.
(c) Ambrosia and nectar.
(d) Pepper and chocolate.
4. Who does Strepsiades complain to while he is supposed to be sleeping?
(b) The Chorus of Clouds.
5. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He earns glory for Athens.
(c) He is caught by the enemy.
(d) He deserts the Athenian army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
2. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
3. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
4. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
5. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)