|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
(b) Cheese and olives.
(c) Cake and soup.
2. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
(b) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(c) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(d) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
3. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
4. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
(a) Being carried by two soldiers.
(b) Pouring a drink.
(c) Making a peace offering.
(d) Carrying loot from his spoils.
5. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
(a) Play loud music.
(b) Open a rival market.
(c) Start a riot.
(d) Try and go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
2. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
3. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
4. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
5. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)