|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dikaiopolis tells his daughter to have what kind of look on her face when she is carrying the basket?
2. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
3. What is Lysistrata going to do to enforce her ban in Athens?
(a) Hold the women hostage.
(b) Occupy The Acropolis.
(c) Steal money from the temple to bribe the women.
(d) Go on a starvation strike.
4. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
(a) Offers some wine to Amphitheus.
(b) Pledges to share the peace wine with everyone.
(c) Talks to the Acharnians about their differences in opinion.
(d) Takes the wine into his house to celebrate.
5. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(b) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(c) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(d) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
2. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
3. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
4. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
5. Where does the council invite the Great King's Eye to dinner?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)