|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
(a) Clean up the mess from his cooking.
(b) To eat the dinner he prepared earlier.
(c) He wants to take a nap.
(d) Dinner with the Priest of Dionysus.
2. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
(a) The Thinkery.
(b) The Ruminator.
(c) The Thoughtery.
(d) The Thinkerator.
3. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
4. In The Clouds, what does the Second Creditor look like?
(a) A younger, strapping lad.
(b) A younger, bruised man.
(c) Same age, fatter than the first.
(d) An older, but healthy man.
5. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
(a) It is too soft.
(b) It smells too good.
(c) It is full of bugs.
(d) It is too big.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
2. What did Dercetes lose?
3. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
4. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
5. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)