|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(b) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(c) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
(d) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
2. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) From the trap door, like a sneak.
(b) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(c) Stage right, like an actor.
(d) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
3. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
(b) The Leader.
4. In Part 1, Calonice tells Lysistrata that Athenians can always be relied on to be what?
5. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
(b) The Crier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
2. When the crier re-enters in Part 4 of The Acharnians to announce the trumpet signal to drink wine, what is Dikaiopolis doing?
3. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
4. The Athenian women of Lysistrata are impressed with Lampito's what?
5. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)