|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(b) Stage right, like an actor.
(c) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(d) From the trap door, like a sneak.
2. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
(a) Try and go to sleep.
(b) Open a rival market.
(c) Start a riot.
(d) Play loud music.
3. Dikaiopolis tells his daughter to have what kind of look on her face when she is carrying the basket?
4. How does Dikaiopolis make peace?
(a) He signs several treaties.
(b) He gives his life in service to the Spartians.
(c) He sends his son as an ambassador.
(d) He pours some wine on the ground.
5. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
(d) The Acharnians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
2. When Strepsiades arrives at the school with Pheidippides, what does Strepsiades do?
3. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
4. What is Socrates major complaint with Strepsiades when he is finally turned away from the school?
5. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)