|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(a) The Crier.
(b) The Acharnians.
2. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He is half-asleep.
(b) He secretly loves philosophy.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to help Strepsiades.
3. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
(a) Salt and garlic.
(b) Milk and peaches.
(c) Wine and olives
(d) Pepper and cheese.
4. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
(a) Being carried by two soldiers.
(b) Pouring a drink.
(c) Carrying loot from his spoils.
(d) Making a peace offering.
5. When Strepsiades arrives at the school with Pheidippides, what does Strepsiades do?
(a) Since Pheidippides goes, Strepsiades goes also.
(b) Since Pheidippides doesn't go, Strepsiades doesn't either.
(c) Since Pheidippides goes, Strepsiades goes home.
(d) Since Pheidippides doesn't go, Strepsiades does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
2. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
3. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
4. How much does the first Ambassador make in a day?
5. How much longer after the second ambassador does the assembly stay open?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)