|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) Women who want peace.
(b) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
(c) The children of the city.
(d) Firey old men.
2. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) Stones laid on the ground,
(b) A grassy patch off to the side.
(c) Sticks laid on the ground.
(d) A line drawn in the sand.
3. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
(a) Buries it in the ground.
(b) Hides it in his cellar.
(c) Makes an offering to Dionysus.
(d) Shares it with everybody.
4. Socrates checks on a not-sleeping Strepsiades by doing what?
(a) Kicking him.
(b) Shaking him.
(c) Poking him.
(d) Patting his head.
5. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) He runs for the coals.
(b) He sneaks off the block.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
2. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
3. Who does Dikaiopolis meet after he leaves the assembly for home?
4. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
5. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)