|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
(b) The Ambassador.
2. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
(a) A few poorly equipped soldiers.
(b) A second King's Eye.
3. What is wrong with Strepsiades's bed when he tries to go to sleep?
(a) It is too big.
(b) It is too soft.
(c) It is full of bugs.
(d) It smells too good.
4. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(b) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(c) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(d) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
5. Lamachus is faced with a surprise skirmish and needs peace, but Dikaiopolis has other plans. What are they?
(a) Clean up the mess from his cooking.
(b) He wants to take a nap.
(c) Dinner with the Priest of Dionysus.
(d) To eat the dinner he prepared earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
2. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
3. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
4. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
5. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)