|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
(a) Packs him food to take with him.
(b) Makes fun of him.
(c) Readies his horse.
(d) Helps him dress.
2. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
3. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
4. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(b) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
(c) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(d) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
5. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(b) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(c) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
(d) Cleon accused him of treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the champion of Pitcher Day win?
2. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
3. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
4. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
5. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)