|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Acharnians opens with a soliloquy by which character?
(b) The Crier.
(c) The Acharnians.
2. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) A line drawn in the sand.
(b) Stones laid on the ground,
(c) A grassy patch off to the side.
(d) Sticks laid on the ground.
3. According to the Chorus of Acharnians, who can cure all strife?
(a) The Graces.
(b) Young Eros.
4. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) He is actually a spy.
(b) His food will poison the people.
(c) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
(d) His doormats will fall apart.
5. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He is caught by the enemy.
(c) He deserts the Athenian army.
(d) He earns glory for Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3 of The Acharnians, an informer denounces the Megarian girls as what?
2. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
3. Who is chasing Amphitheus?
4. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
5. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)