|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
(a) Buries it in the ground.
(b) Shares it with everybody.
(c) Hides it in his cellar.
(d) Makes an offering to Dionysus.
2. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
(b) He runs for the coals.
(c) He sneaks off the block.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
3. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
(b) Firey old men.
(c) The children of the city.
(d) Women who want peace.
4. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A basket.
(c) A doormat.
(d) A pot.
5. According to Socrates, why does a gnat make a humming noise?
(a) That's just the sound it makes.
(b) The speed of its wings produce a sound.
(c) It's a mating call.
(d) Wind goes straight through its intestinal passage. It's a gnat fart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
2. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
3. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
4. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
5. As Lamachus gets ready for battle, Dikaiopolis does something else. What is it?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)