|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
(b) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
(c) He threatens to kill a baby.
(d) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
2. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(b) It is time to drink wine.
(c) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(d) The war is over.
3. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
(a) The ten year peace.
(b) The fifteen year peace.
(c) The thirty year peace.
(d) The five year peace.
4. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Clove and spice.
(b) Fruit and lumber.
(c) Pepper and chocolate.
(d) Ambrosia and nectar.
5. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
(a) A few drunk Athenian men kidnapped a woman.
(b) The Spartians cutting down Athenian vines.
(c) Pericles sent out thunder and lightning.
(d) A difference in religion with the Megarians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
2. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
3. What does Dikaiopolis take as tax from the Thebian?
4. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
5. Who poses as the eunuchs?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)