|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Bride's Slave makes a final plea for some peace from Dikaiopolis. What is her reason?
(a) The Bride wants to enjoy the honeymoon with the Groom.
(b) The Bride cannot harvest the farm without the Groom.
(c) The Bride is tired of polishing the groom's shield.
(d) The Bride needs the Groom to fix the roof.
2. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(c) "The Great King's Eye."
3. What hobby will probably bankrupt Strepsiades?
4. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
(a) The Spartians cutting down Athenian vines.
(b) A few drunk Athenian men kidnapped a woman.
(c) A difference in religion with the Megarians.
(d) Pericles sent out thunder and lightning.
5. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(b) Stage right, like an actor.
(c) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(d) From the trap door, like a sneak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lamachus after he leaves Dikaiopolis to go fight?
2. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
3. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
4. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
5. What does the champion of Pitcher Day win?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)