|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
(a) Be taken to the doctor.
(b) To share a drink with Dikaiopolis.
(c) Be brougut back to battle.
(d) Be carried home.
2. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(d) "The Great King's Eye."
3. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He refuses to go and returns home.
(b) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
(c) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(d) He enters ready to learn.
4. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) He runs for the coals.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
(d) He sneaks off the block.
5. What does Dikaiopolis want to do before his trial?
(a) Prepare a statement.
(b) Acquire a bribe.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Hire an attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dikaiopolis meet after he leaves the assembly for home?
2. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
3. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
4. Aristophanes describes all the students in The Clouds as what?
5. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)