|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He wants to help Strepsiades.
(b) He secretly loves philosophy.
(c) He is half-asleep.
(d) He is bored.
2. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) He sneaks off the block.
(b) He runs for the coals.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
3. Where does Dikaiopolis's wife watch the sacrifice from?
(a) A window.
(b) The roof.
(c) The yard.
(d) The altar.
4. The peace Dikaiopolis chooses has the scent of what?
(a) Fruit and lumber.
(b) Ambrosia and nectar.
(c) Clove and spice.
(d) Pepper and chocolate.
5. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(b) It is time to drink wine.
(c) The war is over.
(d) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
2. What does Dikaiopolis give the Megarian for the girls?
3. What does the second ambassador bring as a gift during the assembly?
4. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
5. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)