|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(b) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(c) From the trap door, like a sneak.
(d) Stage right, like an actor.
2. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
(a) He runs for the coals.
(b) He sneaks off the block.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians pick up their stones.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians splits in half.
3. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
4. What does The Chorus of Acharnians cry when the first pitcher is finished?
(a) Fear strike the last to finish.
(b) Hurry all you others.
(c) Stone the winner.
(d) Hail to the champion.
5. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of treason.
(b) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(c) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
(d) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
2. Who eats Dikaiopolis's lunch?
3. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
4. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
5. How does Dikaiopolis help Dercetes?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)