|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Acharnians, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) An informer.
(b) The crier.
(c) Some pottery.
(d) The Megeran daughters.
2. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
(a) His food will poison the people.
(b) His doormats will fall apart.
(c) His lampwicks may set fire to the Docks.
(d) He is actually a spy.
3. How does Dikaiopolis designate the free trade area?
(a) A grassy patch off to the side.
(b) A line drawn in the sand.
(c) Sticks laid on the ground.
(d) Stones laid on the ground,
4. How does Dikaiopolis like the first peace?
(a) He tastes it, but doesn't like it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He doesn't even try it.
(d) He likes it, but tries another.
5. After Dikaiopolis removes the informer and goes into his house, a Thebian stops outside with his entourage. What do they do?
(a) Play loud music.
(b) Try and go to sleep.
(c) Open a rival market.
(d) Start a riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
2. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
3. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
4. What does Dikaiopolis forget before returning to his trial?
5. How many members of the Chorus of Acharnians have been elected to serve as an ambassador?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)