Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Ambassador from Persia bring back to the Assembly?
(d) "The Great King's Eye."
2. When Strepsiades arrives at the school with Pheidippides, what does Strepsiades do?
(a) Since Pheidippides goes, Strepsiades goes also.
(b) Since Pheidippides doesn't go, Strepsiades does.
(c) Since Pheidippides doesn't go, Strepsiades doesn't either.
(d) Since Pheidippides goes, Strepsiades goes home.
3. Who or what are the Chorus of Acharnians looking for when they make their first appearance?
4. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) Stage right, like an actor.
(b) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(c) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(d) From the trap door, like a sneak.
5. What is not a part of the costume Dikaiopolis assembles?
(b) Floppy hat, rim falling off.
(c) Drinking cup, chipped at the rim.
(d) Wicker basket, burnt by a lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
2. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
3. Does Dikaiopolis sell to the slave?
4. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
5. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)