|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
(a) Singing bawdy songs.
(b) Dancing with his daughters.
(c) Playing music on the lute.
(d) Drinking with dancing girls.
2. How does Dikaiopolis agree to speak his side to the Chorus of Acharnians?
(a) With his head over a block.
(b) On a catapult, ready to launch.
(c) In a headlock.
3. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(b) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(c) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(d) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
4. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
(b) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
(c) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
(d) He threatens to kill a baby.
5. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
(a) The Gods.
(b) Reckless Athenian Women.
(c) Spartian music.
(d) Powerful Athenian Warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calonice's first conversation with Lysistrata, which of the following are not part of what a woman can do?
2. When Strepsiades arrives at the school with Pheidippides, what does Strepsiades do?
3. Pheidippides uses his education from The Thinkery to rationalize what?
4. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
5. Which peace does Dikaiopolis choose?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)