|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
(b) From the trap door, like a sneak.
(c) Stage right, like an actor.
(d) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
2. Now that Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes all of the fascinating things learned in the school, how does Pheidippdes feel about learning?
(a) Pheidippdes still thinks the school is foolish.
(b) Pheidippdes rethinks his original feelings about the school.
(c) Pheidippdes gets excited about the school also.
(d) Pheidippdes is anxious he isn't smart enough to learn.
3. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
(a) The crier.
(b) The Megeran daughters.
(c) Some pottery.
(d) An informer.
4. How many samples of peace does Dikaioplois have to choose from?
5. Why is Lysistrata angry in the beginning of the play?
(a) Her saffron robe is ripped.
(b) Her husband is too attentive.
(c) She can't get to sleep.
(d) None of the women have arrived at the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries Nicharchus as the Thebian entourage leaves?
2. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
3. The Chorus of Old Men primarily condemn what, as they struggle to the Acropolis?
4. What does The Chorus of The Clouds predict about Strepsiades after this encounter with the Second Creditor?
5. In the end of The Acharnians, Dikaiopolis claims he is keen to do what?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)