|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Acharnians, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dikaiopolis doing when he sees Lamachus return from battle?
(a) Playing music on the lute.
(b) Drinking with dancing girls.
(c) Dancing with his daughters.
(d) Singing bawdy songs.
2. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(b) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(c) It is time to drink wine.
(d) The war is over.
3. A slave is sent to buy goods from Dikaiopolis on behalf of whom?
(b) The Acharnians.
4. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
(a) The Chorus of Acharnians are angry with Dikaiopolis.
(b) The Chorus of Acharnians are indifferent to Dikaiopolis.
(c) The Chorus of Acharnians don't say how they feel.
(d) The Chorus of Acharnians praises Dikaiopolis.
5. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
(a) A difference in religion with the Megarians.
(b) The Spartians cutting down Athenian vines.
(c) A few drunk Athenian men kidnapped a woman.
(d) Pericles sent out thunder and lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to drink a whole pitcher on Pitcher Day?
2. Lamachus requests what at the end of the play, The Acharnians?
3. What barnyard animal do the Megarian's daughters pose as?
4. What does Dikaiopolis do after he makes peace?
5. In the beginning of The Acharnians, who arrives late to the assembly and speaks to the crowd first?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)