|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This isn't the first time Dikaiopolis got in trouble with the government. What was his past offense?
(a) Cleon accused him of swindeling people in the market.
(b) Cleon accused him of slandering Athens in front of foreigners.
(c) Cleon accused him of plagirism.
(d) Cleon accused him of treason.
2. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
(a) Old and New Day.
(b) Past and Present Day.
(c) Dark and Light Day.
(d) Night and Day Day.
3. In The Clouds, what is the First Creditor collecting for?
(a) The ash-colored horse.
(b) The stable fees.
(c) The chariot.
(d) The pony.
4. Why does Pheidippides agree to go to learn rhetoric?
(a) He is half-asleep.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He secretly loves philosophy.
(d) He wants to help Strepsiades.
5. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He threatens to kill a baby.
(b) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
(c) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
(d) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diakiopolis do with the peace after he takes it home?
2. When the Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis, what do they want to do to him?
3. Why does Nicarchus denounce the Thebian?
4. Who comes in after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
5. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)