|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
2. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
(b) He threatens to kill a baby.
(c) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
(d) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
3. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(b) He enters ready to learn.
(c) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
(d) He refuses to go and returns home.
4. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
(a) Cheese and olives.
(c) Cake and soup.
5. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item do the Leader and Dikaiopolis pretend Nicharus is, as they pack him up?
2. How does The Chorus of Acharnians feel about Dikaiopolis after all of his trading?
3. What day does Strepsiades tell Pheidippides he owes the creditors money?
4. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
5. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)