|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Pheidippides is to attend?
(a) The Thinkerator.
(b) The Thinkery.
(c) The Ruminator.
(d) The Thoughtery.
2. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
(a) Women who want peace.
(b) The children of the city.
(c) Firey old men.
(d) Men and women who are sympathetic to Dikaiopolis.
3. Who can Socrates just not teach in The Clouds?
4. How does Socrates appear for the first time in The Clouds?
(a) From the audience, like a level-headed philosopher.
(b) Stage right, like an actor.
(c) From the trap door, like a sneak.
(d) Airborne, like a god in tradegy.
5. How does Dikaiopolis finally get the Chorus of Acharnians to listen to his side of the story?
(a) He holds the Chorus of Acharnians at knifepoint.
(b) He makes his wife throw stones from the roof.
(c) He threatens to kill a basket of coals.
(d) He threatens to kill a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Dikaiopolis finishes his defense?
2. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
3. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
4. What has changed about Pheidippides's appearance since he entered The Thinkery?
5. When Strepsiades and Pheidippides arrive at the school for the first time together, who answers the door?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)