|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pheidippides gets to school, what does he do?
(a) He refuses to go and returns home.
(b) He enters ready to learn.
(c) He enters but doesn't learn anything.
(d) He feels nervous and goes back the next day.
2. Whose monologue opens The Clouds?
3. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(b) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(c) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(d) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
4. How does Dikaiopolis overpower Nicarchus?
(a) He beats Nicharus with one of his straps.
(b) He trips Nicharus.
(c) He slaps Nicharus.
(d) He pokes Nicharus' eyes.
5. What word best describes the way Socrates speaks to Strepsiades?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2 of The Acharnians, who is the Chorus composed of?
2. What does Dikaiopolis swap with the Thebian?
3. The Chorus of The Clouds assures Strepsiades that although his studies may be bizarre, he will come into good fortune. After that, they take a break to make an interjection glorifying a particular playwright. Who do they praise and defend?
4. What is Strepsiades ordered to do as he lays in bed?
5. Aristophanes describes all the students in The Clouds as what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)