|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dikaiopolis, who or what started the war?
(a) Pericles sent out thunder and lightning.
(b) A few drunk Athenian men kidnapped a woman.
(c) The Spartians cutting down Athenian vines.
(d) A difference in religion with the Megarians.
2. Why doesn't the Chorus want War at his parties?
(a) He gets drunk and violent.
(b) He eats all the food.
(c) He offends the guests.
(d) He gets drunk and passes out.
3. How does Strepsiades eventually get rid of the Second Creditor?
(a) Strepsiades pays his debt.
(b) Strepsiades talks himself out of the debt.
(c) Strepsiades assults the Second Creditor.
(d) The Second Creditor gives up.
4. In The Clouds, who is the protagonist's son?
5. What is the least effective way Strepsiades comes up with evading his debt and the reason Socrates gives up?
(a) Strepsiades realizes if he's in another country they cannot find him.
(b) Strepsiades decides he will change his name.
(c) Strepsiades suggests he hang himself because if he is dead he cannot pay his debts.
(d) Strepsiades decides to steal the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates try to teach Strepsiades?
2. Diakiopolis's whole family gets involved with the peace ritual. What does the daughter bring to sacrifice?
3. What's wrong with the Megarian's appearance?
4. When Strepsiades returns home from the school, Strepsiades tells Pheidippdes someone doesn't exist. Who is that?
5. Who does Dikaiopolis enlist to help him before the trial?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)