|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Right dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
(a) An unhealthy young man who smirks.
(b) An old man in dated but luxurious clothing.
(c) An adolescent with a hen.
(d) A robust soldier from a distant land.
2. In The Clouds, who is "the bravest man that has performed the greatest number of labors"?
3. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
(b) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(c) It is time to drink wine.
(d) The war is over.
4. In Lysistrata, after the women douse the men with water, who enters?
(c) The First Old Woman.
(d) The Magistrate.
5. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
(c) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(d) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lamachus doing when he sees Dikaiopolis at the end of The Acharnians?
2. As the Choruses exchange words in Lysistrata upon their first meeting, Stratyllis offers to give the Men's Leader a what?
3. What does the Bridegroom's Slave offer Dikaiopolis for just one ladle of peace?
4. After The Chorus of Old Men get to the Acropolis, they blow on their coals. What happens?
5. When the crier re-enters in Part 4 of The Acharnians to announce the trumpet signal to drink wine, what is Dikaiopolis doing?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)