|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lysistrata, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates feel about teaching Pheidippides?
(a) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be easy to teach.
(b) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be difficult to teach.
(c) Socrates refuses to take Pheidippides as a student in the school.
(d) Socrates thinks Pheidippides will be exciting to teach.
2. In the debate, Right advocates what activity over chattering at the market?
3. What pair enter from the school as Strepsiades instructs Socrates what to teach Pheidippides?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Right and Wrong.
(c) Love and Hate.
(d) War and Peace.
4. The Third Messenger announces what?
(a) Dikaiopolis is arrested.
(b) It is time to drink wine.
(c) The war is over.
(d) Lamachus wounded his ankle.
5. What do The Chorus of Old Men carry onto the stage in their first appearance in Lysistrata?
(a) Olive wood logs, torches, and live coals.
(b) Ambrosia, nectar, and apples.
(c) Thrushes, axes, and spears.
(d) Wine, honey, and olives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lysistrata, what do the women carry with them to meet the Chorus of Old Men?
2. When the crier re-enters in Part 4 of The Acharnians to announce the trumpet signal to drink wine, what is Dikaiopolis doing?
3. Dercetes comes to Dikaiopolis's home, begging for what?
4. How is Wrong dressed in Part 3 of The Clouds?
5. What does the champion of Pitcher Day win?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)