The Acharnians, Part 1
• The Acharnians, Part 1.
• Dikaiopolis waits outside the assembly in Athens to discuss peace.
• Two ambassadors come. Both draw on generous allowances from the government, much to Dikaiopolis's disapproval.
• Dikaiopolis, tired of the corruption, contracts Amphitheus to make peace for his family with Sparta. Amphitheus returns but followed by the angry Chorus of Acharnians.
The Acharnians, Part 2
• The Acharnians, Part 2.
• The Chorus of Acharnians finds Dikaiopolis making his peace sacrifice and want to stone him for treason.
• Dikaiopolis pleads his case in a costume borrowed from Euripides to gain sympathy.
• Dikaiopolis explains that the war is as much the Megarians fault as Sparta, which splits the Chorus of Acharnians in two.
The Acharnians, Part 3
• The Acharnians, Part 3.
• With his newly acquired peace, Dikaiopolis sets up a market so he may trade with others.
• Dikaiopolis buys two girls from a Megarian in exchange for some salt and...
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)