|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eduardo felt uncomfortable with the involvement of ___________ in thefacebook.
2. Where did Eduardo get an internship for the summer, so he decided to go there?
3. What was the name of the company that kicked Sean Parker out of his Plaxo company?
4. What did the Winklevoss twins now threaten Mark and thefacebook with in this section of the story?
5. What was the name of the person who decided to handle the publicity and outreach for the new site?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
2. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
3. What was the financial status of thefacebook at this point of the book?
4. What was the goal of Napster when it was first created, according to the book's description?
5. What was the plan for the summer when Eduardo would be heading off for an internship?
6. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
7. What eventually happened to Napster, according to the book's version of events?
8. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
9. What did Mark do in order to defend himself against the claims the twins brought up against him?
10. What did Eduardo think about the cease and desist letter that Mark received from the Winklevoss twins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
Essay Topic 2
Mark doesn't understand why the feminist groups and female students were mad at him about his website.
Part 1: Why would the female population be upset about the site that compares the animals to students?
Part 2: Do you think Mark really does understand and doesn't want to admit it?
Part 3: How would you feel if you were a female student?
Essay Topic 3
Even though Mark Zuckerberg might not have been socially graceful, he still creates Facebook, a social networking site.
Part 1: Do you consider yourself to be a socially comfortable person?
Part 2: How do you think Mark was able to see things that needed to be done in social networking that others didn't see?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark was so socially awkward?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)