|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agreed with Sean about the way that they handled one of the investors?
2. Where was the female student located who took pictures of the crew competition?
3. Mark's first priority in life, according to this section of the book was?
4. Who was the person/investor who decided to sink another $18,000 in the company in order to help the summer work?
5. Who met Eduardo as soon as he arrived at the Facebook offices?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eduardo do during his time at Facebook that Mark resented?
2. What was the plan for the summer when Eduardo would be heading off for an internship?
3. Who was to blame for throwing Sean Parker out of Plaxo, something that would eventually be used for revenge?
4. What was the genius of thefacebook when it was first introduced to the student population?
5. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
6. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
7. What were the ownership totals after the company was registered as an LLC in Florida?
8. What would Eduardo receive as a result of the investment from Peter Thiel?
9. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
10. What did Sean say might have destroyed the company, which helped talk Mark into pushing Eduardo out of thefacebook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sean Parker is a genius, but he also caused a lot of problems in his own company building.
Part 1: Why do you think Sean has had so many troubles in the past with his businesses?
Part 2: Do you think that Sean is someone that Mark should use as an ally?
Part 3: How do you think Sean's influence could hurt Facebook?
Essay Topic 2
Because of the money that Eduardo invests in Facebook from the start, he feels he has a right to be involved in decision making.
Part 1: Do you think that being an investor makes a person immediately involved in decision making?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark doesn't seem to care about the money Eduardo has invested?
Part 3: What rights do you think an investor has when they invest in a company? Do they have a say in what happens?
Essay Topic 3
Part of the appeal of thefacebook is that it would have an undercurrent of sex, with the posting of one's relationship status.
Part 1: Do you think college focuses a lot on getting in and getting out of relationships?
Part 2: Do you think sites like Facebook are a good way to meet people to date?
Part 3: Would you post your relationship status on your Facebook profile?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)