|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the person who decided to handle the publicity and outreach for the new site?
2. Who came to pick up the twins from school, according to this section of the book?
3. What money did Mark use in order to keep the company afloat during this part of the story?
4. What did Eduardo secure for thefacebook after leaving his internship position?
5. What would happen if Eduardo wasn't successful in getting investors to sign on to Facebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eduardo do during his time at Facebook that Mark resented?
2. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
3. What did Mark say in an email that he sent to Eduardo during the first part of this chapter?
4. What did Sean say might have destroyed the company, which helped talk Mark into pushing Eduardo out of thefacebook?
5. What would Eduardo receive as a result of the investment from Peter Thiel?
6. What did Sean think about the name of Mark's new site - thefacebook?
7. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
8. What did Eduardo think about the cease and desist letter that Mark received from the Winklevoss twins?
9. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
10. What did Eduardo do when he felt that Mark was continuing to ignore him and his concerns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Winklevoss twins have an idea to create a new site, and they want Mark to be a part of history with them.
Part 1: Do you think that Harvard Connection is the original Facebook?
Part 2: Why didn't the twins take more agressive action against Mark earlier?
Part 3: How do you think you would respond if it seemed like someone stole your ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
Essay Topic 3
Part of the appeal of thefacebook is that it would have an undercurrent of sex, with the posting of one's relationship status.
Part 1: Do you think college focuses a lot on getting in and getting out of relationships?
Part 2: Do you think sites like Facebook are a good way to meet people to date?
Part 3: Would you post your relationship status on your Facebook profile?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)