|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ was on the edge of investing $13 million in Facebook at this time of their development.
2. Mark decided that ________ had to go because the arrest was going to hurt Facebook.
3. What was the initial investment that Eduardo made in the company, which he used partially to pay for a trip to New York to meet investors?
4. How much of the company would Thiel get in exchange for his new investment?
5. Cameron sent Mark a _________ letter that demanded that he pull down his website.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the crew competition in England which showed the twins just how powerful thefacebook had become?
2. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
3. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
4. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
5. What did Eduardo do when he felt that Mark was continuing to ignore him and his concerns?
6. What was the genius of thefacebook when it was first introduced to the student population?
7. What happened after Eduardo's first day at his internship at the investment banking firm?
8. What did Sean think about the name of Mark's new site - thefacebook?
9. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
10. What did Eduardo think about the cease and desist letter that Mark received from the Winklevoss twins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though Mark Zuckerberg might not have been socially graceful, he still creates Facebook, a social networking site.
Part 1: Do you consider yourself to be a socially comfortable person?
Part 2: How do you think Mark was able to see things that needed to be done in social networking that others didn't see?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark was so socially awkward?
Essay Topic 2
Facebook seems to be popular because of it connects people who already know each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Facebook is so popular today?
Part 2: What are your impressions of Facebook and how it connects you to others?
Part 3: Do you think Facebook is something that helps society as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)