|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The overall value of Facebook at this point was estimated to be around _________ after only fourteen months of operation.
2. How much of the company would Thiel get in exchange for his new investment?
3. Cameron sent Mark a _________ letter that demanded that he pull down his website.
4. The first thing the new group of people needed to do, according to Mark, was to handle _________.
5. Whose lawyers were already trying to sue Mark for his actions with Facebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark do in order to defend himself against the claims the twins brought up against him?
2. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
3. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
4. Why did Mark decide to remove Sean from Facebook's staff?
5. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
6. What were the future plans about opening up Facebook, according to Sean and Mark?
7. What was the goal of Napster when it was first created, according to the book's description?
8. What was Mark's attitude about the legal issue between himself and Eduardo?
9. What did Mark say in an email that he sent to Eduardo during the first part of this chapter?
10. What was the plan for the summer when Eduardo would be heading off for an internship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sean Parker is a genius, but he also caused a lot of problems in his own company building.
Part 1: Why do you think Sean has had so many troubles in the past with his businesses?
Part 2: Do you think that Sean is someone that Mark should use as an ally?
Part 3: How do you think Sean's influence could hurt Facebook?
Essay Topic 2
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
Essay Topic 3
Mark doesn't understand why the feminist groups and female students were mad at him about his website.
Part 1: Why would the female population be upset about the site that compares the animals to students?
Part 2: Do you think Mark really does understand and doesn't want to admit it?
Part 3: How would you feel if you were a female student?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)