|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things a business needs for real growth?
2. The _________ money coming into thefacebook at this time was not enough to keep up with the growth at the company.
3. The overall value of Facebook at this point was estimated to be around _________ after only fourteen months of operation.
4. The lecturer said that __________ was the future of the computing world, which made Mark perk up.
5. Facebook was now on its way to having ________ million members.
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Eduardo receive as a result of the investment from Peter Thiel?
2. Who was to blame for throwing Sean Parker out of Plaxo, something that would eventually be used for revenge?
3. What eventually happened to Napster, according to the book's version of events?
4. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
5. What were the ownership totals after the company was registered as an LLC in Florida?
6. What was the goal of Napster when it was first created, according to the book's description?
7. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
8. What happened after Eduardo's first day at his internship at the investment banking firm?
9. What was Mark's attitude about the legal issue between himself and Eduardo?
10. What did Mark do in order to defend himself against the claims the twins brought up against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Facebook seems to be popular because of it connects people who already know each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Facebook is so popular today?
Part 2: What are your impressions of Facebook and how it connects you to others?
Part 3: Do you think Facebook is something that helps society as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Sean Parker is a genius, but he also caused a lot of problems in his own company building.
Part 1: Why do you think Sean has had so many troubles in the past with his businesses?
Part 2: Do you think that Sean is someone that Mark should use as an ally?
Part 3: How do you think Sean's influence could hurt Facebook?
Essay Topic 3
Mark is thought to possibly have gotten into the dorms in order to hack the facebooks.
Part 1: Do you think Mark would have had the courage to go into the other dorms?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark wanted to hack into the facebooks?
Part 3: What would you do if you learned that someone else hacked into your Facebook account?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)