|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The company was registered as a LLC in ___________, because that's where Eduardo registered it.
2. Who received his Harvard degree during the graduation ceremony?
3. Who met Eduardo as soon as he arrived at the Facebook offices?
4. The estimated member count of thefacebook before the next school year was anticipated to be ___________.
5. What kind of papers were given to Eduardo to sign when he arrived at the Facebook office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Eduardo's first day at his internship at the investment banking firm?
2. Who was to blame for throwing Sean Parker out of Plaxo, something that would eventually be used for revenge?
3. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
4. What was the plan for the summer when Eduardo would be heading off for an internship?
5. What would Eduardo receive as a result of the investment from Peter Thiel?
6. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
7. What did the lawyer tell Eduardo about how he was going to be related to Facebook?
8. What did Sean say might have destroyed the company, which helped talk Mark into pushing Eduardo out of thefacebook?
9. What did Eduardo do when he felt that Mark was continuing to ignore him and his concerns?
10. What eventually happened to Napster, according to the book's version of events?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though Mark Zuckerberg might not have been socially graceful, he still creates Facebook, a social networking site.
Part 1: Do you consider yourself to be a socially comfortable person?
Part 2: How do you think Mark was able to see things that needed to be done in social networking that others didn't see?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark was so socially awkward?
Essay Topic 2
Mark doesn't understand why the feminist groups and female students were mad at him about his website.
Part 1: Why would the female population be upset about the site that compares the animals to students?
Part 2: Do you think Mark really does understand and doesn't want to admit it?
Part 3: How would you feel if you were a female student?
Essay Topic 3
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)