|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the company would Thiel get in exchange for his new investment?
2. What kind of sandals did Mark seem to wear everywhere when he was first meeting investors?
3. Where were Mark and the other members of thefacebook planning on spending their summer?
4. Even though Mark's site had only recently been launched, Sean saw that it already had almost __________ members, when he found it.
5. The lecturer said that __________ was the future of the computing world, which made Mark perk up.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
2. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
3. Why had Eduardo's shares gone up to 34% in the new legal documents he was asked to sign?
4. What did Eduardo do during his time at Facebook that Mark resented?
5. What did the lawyer tell Eduardo about how he was going to be related to Facebook?
6. What was the plan for the summer when Eduardo would be heading off for an internship?
7. What would Eduardo receive as a result of the investment from Peter Thiel?
8. Who was to blame for throwing Sean Parker out of Plaxo, something that would eventually be used for revenge?
9. What were the future plans about opening up Facebook, according to Sean and Mark?
10. What eventually happened to Napster, according to the book's version of events?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part of the appeal of thefacebook is that it would have an undercurrent of sex, with the posting of one's relationship status.
Part 1: Do you think college focuses a lot on getting in and getting out of relationships?
Part 2: Do you think sites like Facebook are a good way to meet people to date?
Part 3: Would you post your relationship status on your Facebook profile?
Essay Topic 2
Even though Mark Zuckerberg might not have been socially graceful, he still creates Facebook, a social networking site.
Part 1: Do you consider yourself to be a socially comfortable person?
Part 2: How do you think Mark was able to see things that needed to be done in social networking that others didn't see?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark was so socially awkward?
Essay Topic 3
The twins find out that Mark is launching another site and they are furious with him.
Part 1: Do you think the twins have a right to be angry?
Part 2: Do you think that their idea was intellectual property or just a fun idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark didn't let the twins know about his other project?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)