|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eduardo felt uncomfortable with the involvement of ___________ in thefacebook.
2. What was the name of the online business card system that Sean and some friends created next?
3. Where did Eduardo get an internship for the summer, so he decided to go there?
4. What was the name of the person who decided to handle the publicity and outreach for the new site?
5. What was the name of the website that Sean Parker and Sean Fanning created?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
2. What happened after the crew competition in England which showed the twins just how powerful thefacebook had become?
3. What did Mark do in order to defend himself against the claims the twins brought up against him?
4. What did Eduardo do during his time at Facebook that Mark resented?
5. What would Mark need if he were faced with a lawsuit against the twins, even though Sean thought it was baseless?
6. What did Eduardo do when he felt that Mark was continuing to ignore him and his concerns?
7. What did Sean say might have destroyed the company, which helped talk Mark into pushing Eduardo out of thefacebook?
8. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
9. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
10. What did Sean think about the name of Mark's new site - thefacebook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark feels inspired by the words that Bill Gates shares at the lecture at Harvard, especially about dropping out of college and about AI.
Part 1: Do you think it's necessary to have a high class education to succeed in life?
Part 2: Why do you think Bill Gates inspires Mark?
Part 3: What person would inspire you to do more with your life?
Essay Topic 2
Part of the appeal of thefacebook is that it would have an undercurrent of sex, with the posting of one's relationship status.
Part 1: Do you think college focuses a lot on getting in and getting out of relationships?
Part 2: Do you think sites like Facebook are a good way to meet people to date?
Part 3: Would you post your relationship status on your Facebook profile?
Essay Topic 3
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)