|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this point of the book, how many new members were being adding to the site everyday?
2. ________ was on the edge of investing $13 million in Facebook at this time of their development.
3. Whose VIP room was Eduardo sitting in after the graduation ceremony at Harvard?
4. How many students were signed up for Mark's site at the start of this chapter?
5. Whose lawyers were already trying to sue Mark for his actions with Facebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the ownership totals after the company was registered as an LLC in Florida?
2. What happened after Eduardo's first day at his internship at the investment banking firm?
3. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
4. What was the goal of Napster when it was first created, according to the book's description?
5. Why had Eduardo's shares gone up to 34% in the new legal documents he was asked to sign?
6. What was the genius of thefacebook when it was first introduced to the student population?
7. What would Mark need if he were faced with a lawsuit against the twins, even though Sean thought it was baseless?
8. What did Mark say in an email that he sent to Eduardo during the first part of this chapter?
9. What would Eduardo receive as a result of the investment from Peter Thiel?
10. What did Eduardo think about the cease and desist letter that Mark received from the Winklevoss twins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
Essay Topic 2
Mark feels inspired by the words that Bill Gates shares at the lecture at Harvard, especially about dropping out of college and about AI.
Part 1: Do you think it's necessary to have a high class education to succeed in life?
Part 2: Why do you think Bill Gates inspires Mark?
Part 3: What person would inspire you to do more with your life?
Essay Topic 3
Mark writes a blog about creating a website that compares the female students to farm animals as a result of being rejected by a girl one night at a bar.
Part 1: Do you think Mark is a good person?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark wants to take out his anger on someone else?
Part 3: What would you do if you were rejected by a person that you were attracted to?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)