|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sent in to meet up with an investment company, though he would get them all worked up and then walk out?
2. The estimated member count of thefacebook before the next school year was anticipated to be ___________.
3. How much was Thiel willing to invest in thefacebook in order to help it stay afloat?
4. What would happen if Eduardo wasn't successful in getting investors to sign on to Facebook?
5. Facebook was now on its way to having ________ million members.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
2. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
3. What did Mark say in an email that he sent to Eduardo during the first part of this chapter?
4. What would Mark need if he were faced with a lawsuit against the twins, even though Sean thought it was baseless?
5. Who was to blame for throwing Sean Parker out of Plaxo, something that would eventually be used for revenge?
6. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
7. Why had Eduardo's shares gone up to 34% in the new legal documents he was asked to sign?
8. What happened after Eduardo's first day at his internship at the investment banking firm?
9. What eventually happened to Napster, according to the book's version of events?
10. What was the genius of thefacebook when it was first introduced to the student population?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark doesn't seem to have any interest in monetizing the website, even though Eduardo says that it needs to be happen.
Part 1: What are the benefits of monetizing the Facebook site?
Part 2: What might be some of the reasons why Mark isn't interested in monetizing the website?
Part 3: Do you think that making money from the site is a good idea at the start?
Essay Topic 2
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
Essay Topic 3
Facebook seems to be popular because of it connects people who already know each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Facebook is so popular today?
Part 2: What are your impressions of Facebook and how it connects you to others?
Part 3: Do you think Facebook is something that helps society as a whole?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)