|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many investors were hinting at ________-figure investments, but no one had given a concrete offer yet.
2. Who cut the credit line and the funding for thefacebook at this point of the story?
3. Where would Sean eventually get big money from when the lawsuit was settled?
4. _________ was to be paid according to the success of his efforts to secure investments in New York.
5. What was the name of the race the twins competed in while they were in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark do in order to defend himself against the claims the twins brought up against him?
2. What did Eduardo do when he felt that Mark was continuing to ignore him and his concerns?
3. What happened after Eduardo's first day at his internship at the investment banking firm?
4. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
5. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
6. What did Sean think about the name of Mark's new site - thefacebook?
7. What happened after the crew competition in England which showed the twins just how powerful thefacebook had become?
8. What did Mark say in an email that he sent to Eduardo during the first part of this chapter?
9. What would Mark need if he were faced with a lawsuit against the twins, even though Sean thought it was baseless?
10. Why had Eduardo's shares gone up to 34% in the new legal documents he was asked to sign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark feels inspired by the words that Bill Gates shares at the lecture at Harvard, especially about dropping out of college and about AI.
Part 1: Do you think it's necessary to have a high class education to succeed in life?
Part 2: Why do you think Bill Gates inspires Mark?
Part 3: What person would inspire you to do more with your life?
Essay Topic 2
Eduardo, as a part of his initiation, has to carry around a chicken and keep it alive.
Part 1: Do you think carrying around a chicken shows that a person is group material?
Part 2: Why do you think sororities and other groups make students do such strange things?
Part 3: How do you think you would have cared for the chicken?
Essay Topic 3
Because of the money that Eduardo invests in Facebook from the start, he feels he has a right to be involved in decision making.
Part 1: Do you think that being an investor makes a person immediately involved in decision making?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark doesn't seem to care about the money Eduardo has invested?
Part 3: What rights do you think an investor has when they invest in a company? Do they have a say in what happens?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)