|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ couldn't figure out why the cops had been called to a party, as it was a typical party.
2. The Facebook team was thinking about adding a feature: a live _________, which would help members see what was happening.
3. Many investors were hinting at ________-figure investments, but no one had given a concrete offer yet.
4. Who was Mark very excited about meeting, even though he didn't like meeting with investors?
5. Who was the speaker at the Harvard ceremony where one of the Facebook founders graduated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark say in an email that he sent to Eduardo during the first part of this chapter?
2. Who was to blame for throwing Sean Parker out of Plaxo, something that would eventually be used for revenge?
3. What was the goal of Napster when it was first created, according to the book's description?
4. What would Eduardo receive as a result of the investment from Peter Thiel?
5. What happened after the crew competition in England which showed the twins just how powerful thefacebook had become?
6. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
7. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
8. What happened after Eduardo's first day at his internship at the investment banking firm?
9. What did Sean say might have destroyed the company, which helped talk Mark into pushing Eduardo out of thefacebook?
10. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark doesn't understand why the feminist groups and female students were mad at him about his website.
Part 1: Why would the female population be upset about the site that compares the animals to students?
Part 2: Do you think Mark really does understand and doesn't want to admit it?
Part 3: How would you feel if you were a female student?
Essay Topic 2
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
Essay Topic 3
The twins find out that Mark is launching another site and they are furious with him.
Part 1: Do you think the twins have a right to be angry?
Part 2: Do you think that their idea was intellectual property or just a fun idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark didn't let the twins know about his other project?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)