|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was eventually thrown out of the online business card system since he butted heads with an investor?
2. Eduardo created a job hunting website during his time, called _____________.
3. At this point of the book, how many new members were being adding to the site everyday?
4. Who didn't even have to go to class in his last weeks of school? All he had to do was to pass his finals.
5. Where was the female student located who took pictures of the crew competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sean say might have destroyed the company, which helped talk Mark into pushing Eduardo out of thefacebook?
2. What happened after the crew competition in England which showed the twins just how powerful thefacebook had become?
3. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
4. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
5. What did Eduardo do during his time at Facebook that Mark resented?
6. What was the goal of Napster when it was first created, according to the book's description?
7. What was Mark's attitude about the legal issue between himself and Eduardo?
8. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
9. What would Eduardo receive as a result of the investment from Peter Thiel?
10. Who was to blame for throwing Sean Parker out of Plaxo, something that would eventually be used for revenge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark is thought to possibly have gotten into the dorms in order to hack the facebooks.
Part 1: Do you think Mark would have had the courage to go into the other dorms?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark wanted to hack into the facebooks?
Part 3: What would you do if you learned that someone else hacked into your Facebook account?
Essay Topic 2
Facebook seems to be popular because of it connects people who already know each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Facebook is so popular today?
Part 2: What are your impressions of Facebook and how it connects you to others?
Part 3: Do you think Facebook is something that helps society as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)