|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the site that the twins and Divya eventually created?
2. Eduardo had an internship at a/an _______________ firm, but he quit the first day.
3. Who cut the credit line and the funding for thefacebook at this point of the story?
4. Facebook had the potential to be as big as _______ and Microsoft, according to this section of the book.
5. Mark created the idea of a _______ on Facebook where people could have open communications with each other.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark do in order to defend himself against the claims the twins brought up against him?
2. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
3. What did Eduardo do during his time at Facebook that Mark resented?
4. What was the financial status of thefacebook at this point of the book?
5. Why did Mark decide to remove Sean from Facebook's staff?
6. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
7. What was the plan for the summer when Eduardo would be heading off for an internship?
8. What would Mark need if he were faced with a lawsuit against the twins, even though Sean thought it was baseless?
9. What did Sean say might have destroyed the company, which helped talk Mark into pushing Eduardo out of thefacebook?
10. What was Mark's attitude about the legal issue between himself and Eduardo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
Essay Topic 2
Mark doesn't understand why the feminist groups and female students were mad at him about his website.
Part 1: Why would the female population be upset about the site that compares the animals to students?
Part 2: Do you think Mark really does understand and doesn't want to admit it?
Part 3: How would you feel if you were a female student?
Essay Topic 3
Because of the money that Eduardo invests in Facebook from the start, he feels he has a right to be involved in decision making.
Part 1: Do you think that being an investor makes a person immediately involved in decision making?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark doesn't seem to care about the money Eduardo has invested?
Part 3: What rights do you think an investor has when they invest in a company? Do they have a say in what happens?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)