|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the twins and Divya want to move their software program to if things went well at Harvard?
2. Who told the twins about the new site that Mark had launched, which was simlar to the one that twins had designed?
3. What is the nationality of the person who identified Eduardo for the Phoenix, as described in the book?
4. What would have matched up correctly if Mark had gone to other houses at Harvard to complete his program?
5. What color were the eyes of the twins that were featured prominently in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
2. What was the news that Divya brought to the brothers in relation to their new and secret project?
3. What is the thing that would set Mark's site apart from other friend and community sites already created?
4. What was the program that Mark created for Harvard that caused him to be seen as a computer genius?
5. What did Eduardo get recognized for when he was at the first Phoenix gathering at the start of the book?
6. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
7. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
8. How did Eduardo and his brother make the $300,000 that they made?
9. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
10. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark seems to be avoiding the twins when he is creating his own version of a campus connection website.
Part 1: Do you think that Mark intentionally stole the idea from the twins?
Part 2: How do you think you would feel if you were in the twins' position?
Part 3: What would you have done if you didn't want to work on a project with someone anymore?
Essay Topic 2
Because of the money that Eduardo invests in Facebook from the start, he feels he has a right to be involved in decision making.
Part 1: Do you think that being an investor makes a person immediately involved in decision making?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark doesn't seem to care about the money Eduardo has invested?
Part 3: What rights do you think an investor has when they invest in a company? Do they have a say in what happens?
Essay Topic 3
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)