|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his time before the board, it was thought that Mark's awkwardness allowed him to escape _____________.
2. Mark decided that the original name of his project would be _____________.
3. What is the name of the river where the twins used to practice for their crew matches?
4. Who did Mark talk to when he wanted to know who Divya and Tyler were, after receiving the email?
5. The ________ began to publish articles that talked about the future of sites like the one that Mark had created.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Winklevoss twins look like, as described in the first part of this section?
2. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
3. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
4. What was the program that Mark created for Harvard that caused him to be seen as a computer genius?
5. What did Mark have to do when he went before the ad board at Harvard?
6. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
7. What was the news that Divya brought to the brothers in relation to their new and secret project?
8. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
9. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
10. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Facebook seems to be popular because of it connects people who already know each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Facebook is so popular today?
Part 2: What are your impressions of Facebook and how it connects you to others?
Part 3: Do you think Facebook is something that helps society as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Sean Parker is a genius, but he also caused a lot of problems in his own company building.
Part 1: Why do you think Sean has had so many troubles in the past with his businesses?
Part 2: Do you think that Sean is someone that Mark should use as an ally?
Part 3: How do you think Sean's influence could hurt Facebook?
Essay Topic 3
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)