|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mark need from Eduardo in order to get his social networking site up and running?
2. Why did Mark email the link to his site to a few friends after he was done creating it?
3. Mark created a program that allowed Harvard students the opportunity to see what __________ other students were taking.
4. What did Mark have to write in order to access some of the photos of other houses at Harvard?
5. _________ volunteered to help the computer experts at Harvard create a better computer system.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eduardo get recognized for when he was at the first Phoenix gathering at the start of the book?
2. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
3. What did Mark have to do when he went before the ad board at Harvard?
4. What is the thing that would set Mark's site apart from other friend and community sites already created?
5. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
6. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
7. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
8. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
9. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
10. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though Mark Zuckerberg might not have been socially graceful, he still creates Facebook, a social networking site.
Part 1: Do you consider yourself to be a socially comfortable person?
Part 2: How do you think Mark was able to see things that needed to be done in social networking that others didn't see?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark was so socially awkward?
Essay Topic 2
Mark doesn't seem to have any interest in monetizing the website, even though Eduardo says that it needs to be happen.
Part 1: What are the benefits of monetizing the Facebook site?
Part 2: What might be some of the reasons why Mark isn't interested in monetizing the website?
Part 3: Do you think that making money from the site is a good idea at the start?
Essay Topic 3
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)