|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark created a program that allowed Harvard students the opportunity to see what __________ other students were taking.
2. What would have matched up correctly if Mark had gone to other houses at Harvard to complete his program?
3. Mark loved the mathematical challenge of writing a program and creating the appropriate __________ for that program.
4. The twins and Divya described their site idea as an online ______________ where Harvard students could connect.
5. What did Mark have to write in order to access some of the photos of other houses at Harvard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
2. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
3. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
4. What were some of the core classes that the Harvard students had to take, even though no one wanted to?
5. What were Mark's ideas that he shared with Eduardo in relation to creating a social networking site?
6. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
7. What is the thing that would set Mark's site apart from other friend and community sites already created?
8. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
9. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
10. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part of the appeal of thefacebook is that it would have an undercurrent of sex, with the posting of one's relationship status.
Part 1: Do you think college focuses a lot on getting in and getting out of relationships?
Part 2: Do you think sites like Facebook are a good way to meet people to date?
Part 3: Would you post your relationship status on your Facebook profile?
Essay Topic 2
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
Essay Topic 3
Mark doesn't seem to have any interest in monetizing the website, even though Eduardo says that it needs to be happen.
Part 1: What are the benefits of monetizing the Facebook site?
Part 2: What might be some of the reasons why Mark isn't interested in monetizing the website?
Part 3: Do you think that making money from the site is a good idea at the start?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)