|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark told the twins and Divya that he was up to his ears in ___________, and while they thought he meant school, that's not what he meant.
2. Apparently the site Mark created was so popular that it bogged down the __________ at the university.
3. Who was angry after being rejected by a girl at a party and after having too much to drink?
4. _________ volunteered to help the computer experts at Harvard create a better computer system.
5. What was the major of Mark Zuckerberg when he was going to Harvard during the time this book covers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
2. What was the limitation of other sites that were focused only on dating, which is not what thefacebook focused on, though it was a tool for that too?
3. What would Mark need if he were faced with a lawsuit against the twins, even though Sean thought it was baseless?
4. At the beginning, what would be the exclusivity of thefacebook?
5. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
6. What was the plan for the summer when Eduardo would be heading off for an internship?
7. What happened after the crew competition in England which showed the twins just how powerful thefacebook had become?
8. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
9. What did Eduardo do during his time at Facebook that Mark resented?
10. What was the genius of thefacebook when it was first introduced to the student population?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Mark settles with the twins and with Eduardo, though the settlement amounts are not published.
Part 1: Do you agree that the settlement was a good idea?
Part 2: Why do you think Eduardo's name is back on the masthead of Facebook?
Part 3: How do you think Facebook has been changed by the legal proceedings?
Essay Topic 3
Because of the money that Eduardo invests in Facebook from the start, he feels he has a right to be involved in decision making.
Part 1: Do you think that being an investor makes a person immediately involved in decision making?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark doesn't seem to care about the money Eduardo has invested?
Part 3: What rights do you think an investor has when they invest in a company? Do they have a say in what happens?
This section contains 1,901 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)