|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark technically didn't have the right to access the _________ of other dormitories at Harvard.
2. Who often rejected Mark, though one night made him more upset than other nights?
3. The twins and Divya described their site idea as an online ______________ where Harvard students could connect.
4. Which computer giant allegedly offered Mark a position at their company?
5. How long did it take Mark to complete his site, according to the article in the Crimson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the core classes that the Harvard students had to take, even though no one wanted to?
2. What did Mark learn about Divya and Tyler when he showed the email to Eduardo?
3. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
4. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
5. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
6. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
7. What did the Winklevoss twins look like, as described in the first part of this section?
8. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
9. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
10. How did Eduardo and his brother make the $300,000 that they made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark feels inspired by the words that Bill Gates shares at the lecture at Harvard, especially about dropping out of college and about AI.
Part 1: Do you think it's necessary to have a high class education to succeed in life?
Part 2: Why do you think Bill Gates inspires Mark?
Part 3: What person would inspire you to do more with your life?
Essay Topic 2
Facebook seems to be popular because of it connects people who already know each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Facebook is so popular today?
Part 2: What are your impressions of Facebook and how it connects you to others?
Part 3: Do you think Facebook is something that helps society as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
The twins find out that Mark is launching another site and they are furious with him.
Part 1: Do you think the twins have a right to be angry?
Part 2: Do you think that their idea was intellectual property or just a fun idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark didn't let the twins know about his other project?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)