|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which computer giant allegedly offered Mark a position at their company?
2. Why did Mark email the link to his site to a few friends after he was done creating it?
3. What were the names of the school's databases that Mark found stagnant and uninteresting?
4. What would users of Mark's site be able to do to other members in order to show interest in them?
5. Mark appeared before the board and had to explain his actions to ________ deans as well as other experts.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Winklevoss twins look like, as described in the first part of this section?
2. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
3. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
4. What was the one thing that was listed on every page of the site so that everyone knew this fact?
5. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
6. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
7. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
8. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
9. What was the news that Divya brought to the brothers in relation to their new and secret project?
10. What was the program that Mark created for Harvard that caused him to be seen as a computer genius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The president of Harvard is uninterested by the issues that the twins have with Mark and decides to tell them to handle the matter on their own time.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's actions should be a concern for Harvard?
Part 2: Why do you think the twins thought the president of the university would help them?
Part 3: Who would you go to if you were in the twins' position? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The twins find out that Mark is launching another site and they are furious with him.
Part 1: Do you think the twins have a right to be angry?
Part 2: Do you think that their idea was intellectual property or just a fun idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark didn't let the twins know about his other project?
Essay Topic 3
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)