|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skills were the twins and Divya lacking so they needed to get outside help with their project idea?
2. Mark was insistent that he exposed the lack of _________ to the computer experts at the university.
3. During his time before the board, it was thought that Mark's awkwardness allowed him to escape _____________.
4. At what library did Tyler, Cameron, and Divya all meet?
5. Tyler told Divya to talk to Mark to see if he wanted to be a part of _________, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Winklevoss twins look like, as described in the first part of this section?
2. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
3. What was the program that Mark created for Harvard that caused him to be seen as a computer genius?
4. What did Mark learn about Divya and Tyler when he showed the email to Eduardo?
5. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
6. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
7. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
8. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
9. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
10. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though Mark Zuckerberg might not have been socially graceful, he still creates Facebook, a social networking site.
Part 1: Do you consider yourself to be a socially comfortable person?
Part 2: How do you think Mark was able to see things that needed to be done in social networking that others didn't see?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark was so socially awkward?
Essay Topic 2
Mark admits that he led the twins on, but that he didn't sign anything, so he doesn't take the cease and desist letter seriously.
Part 1: Do you think you would have reacted differently if you'd received a cease and desist letter?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark decided to be less affected by the letter?
Part 3: How do you think a person needs to respond to a letter like this?
Essay Topic 3
Sean Parker is a genius, but he also caused a lot of problems in his own company building.
Part 1: Why do you think Sean has had so many troubles in the past with his businesses?
Part 2: Do you think that Sean is someone that Mark should use as an ally?
Part 3: How do you think Sean's influence could hurt Facebook?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)