Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tentative name of the project the twins and Divya were working on? The Harvard __________.
2. What was the major of Mark Zuckerberg when he was going to Harvard during the time this book covers?
3. The ________ class program was established with the goal of developing well-rounded scholars at Harvard.
4. What were the names of the school's databases that Mark found stagnant and uninteresting?
5. Eduardo was stunned that Mark didn't seem to care about ________, which made him want to get to know him better.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mark decide to remove Sean from Facebook's staff?
2. What was Mark's attitude about the legal issue between himself and Eduardo?
3. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
4. What did the new stock authorization papers have to say about the percentages of ownership in the company?
5. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
6. Why had Eduardo's shares gone up to 34% in the new legal documents he was asked to sign?
7. What did the lawyer tell Eduardo about how he was going to be related to Facebook?
8. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
9. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
10. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
Mark doesn't seem to have any interest in monetizing the website, even though Eduardo says that it needs to be happen.
Part 1: What are the benefits of monetizing the Facebook site?
Part 2: What might be some of the reasons why Mark isn't interested in monetizing the website?
Part 3: Do you think that making money from the site is a good idea at the start?
Sean Parker is a genius, but he also caused a lot of problems in his own company building.
Part 1: Why do you think Sean has had so many troubles in the past with his businesses?
Part 2: Do you think that Sean is someone that Mark should use as an ally?
Part 3: How do you think Sean's influence could hurt Facebook?
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)