Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twins thought that Mark would have the ability to __________ himself after the debacle with his site.
2. What year of school was Mark in when Eduardo saw him at the Jewish Epsilon Pi party?
3. What color were the eyes of the twins that were featured prominently in the story?
4. How long did it take Mark to complete his site, according to the article in the Crimson?
5. _________ volunteered to help the computer experts at Harvard create a better computer system.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
2. Why did Mark decide to remove Sean from Facebook's staff?
3. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
4. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
5. What did Mark do in order to defend himself against the claims the twins brought up against him?
6. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
7. What did Eduardo think about the cease and desist letter that Mark received from the Winklevoss twins?
8. What was the program that Mark created for Harvard that caused him to be seen as a computer genius?
9. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
10. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
Essay Topic 1
Mark admits that he led the twins on, but that he didn't sign anything, so he doesn't take the cease and desist letter seriously.
Part 1: Do you think you would have reacted differently if you'd received a cease and desist letter?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark decided to be less affected by the letter?
Part 3: How do you think a person needs to respond to a letter like this?
Essay Topic 2
Mark doesn't understand why the feminist groups and female students were mad at him about his website.
Part 1: Why would the female population be upset about the site that compares the animals to students?
Part 2: Do you think Mark really does understand and doesn't want to admit it?
Part 3: How would you feel if you were a female student?
Essay Topic 3
Mark seems to be avoiding the twins when he is creating his own version of a campus connection website.
Part 1: Do you think that Mark intentionally stole the idea from the twins?
Part 2: How do you think you would feel if you were in the twins' position?
Part 3: What would you have done if you didn't want to work on a project with someone anymore?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)