|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twins only had a _________ agreement with Mark about creating their site, so they were in a bind.
2. Mark told a reporter that his social networking site was just a __________ that he worked on in his spare time.
3. Mark wanted to move a person's entire ____________ online, which made his idea unique.
4. At first, Mark was very interested in making his site a place where __________ would be assured.
5. What is the nationality of the person who identified Eduardo for the Phoenix, as described in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eduardo know about Mark Zuckerberg at the start of this story?
2. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
3. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
4. What were some of the core classes that the Harvard students had to take, even though no one wanted to?
5. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
6. What did Mark learn about Divya and Tyler when he showed the email to Eduardo?
7. What was the one thing that was listed on every page of the site so that everyone knew this fact?
8. At the beginning, what would be the exclusivity of thefacebook?
9. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
10. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eduardo, as a part of his initiation, has to carry around a chicken and keep it alive.
Part 1: Do you think carrying around a chicken shows that a person is group material?
Part 2: Why do you think sororities and other groups make students do such strange things?
Part 3: How do you think you would have cared for the chicken?
Essay Topic 2
Because of the money that Eduardo invests in Facebook from the start, he feels he has a right to be involved in decision making.
Part 1: Do you think that being an investor makes a person immediately involved in decision making?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark doesn't seem to care about the money Eduardo has invested?
Part 3: What rights do you think an investor has when they invest in a company? Do they have a say in what happens?
Essay Topic 3
Mark writes a blog about creating a website that compares the female students to farm animals as a result of being rejected by a girl one night at a bar.
Part 1: Do you think Mark is a good person?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark wants to take out his anger on someone else?
Part 3: What would you do if you were rejected by a person that you were attracted to?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)