|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ felt that Mark had stolen their idea and he wanted to do something about it.
2. What did Mark need from Eduardo in order to get his social networking site up and running?
3. What was Eduardo accused of feeding his new 'pet' and was thus accused of animal abuse?
4. What is the name of a boat that someone on a crew team might use for practice?
5. What is the name of the house where the twins went to eat breakfast after hours of practicing for crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
2. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
3. How did Eduardo and his brother make the $300,000 that they made?
4. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
5. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
6. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
7. At the beginning, what would be the exclusivity of thefacebook?
8. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
9. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
10. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
Essay Topic 2
Mark admits that he led the twins on, but that he didn't sign anything, so he doesn't take the cease and desist letter seriously.
Part 1: Do you think you would have reacted differently if you'd received a cease and desist letter?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark decided to be less affected by the letter?
Part 3: How do you think a person needs to respond to a letter like this?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Mark settles with the twins and with Eduardo, though the settlement amounts are not published.
Part 1: Do you agree that the settlement was a good idea?
Part 2: Why do you think Eduardo's name is back on the masthead of Facebook?
Part 3: How do you think Facebook has been changed by the legal proceedings?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)