|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the club where Divya, Tyler, and Cameron met in order to talk about Mark's lack of progress?
2. Who did Mark talk to when he wanted to know who Divya and Tyler were, after receiving the email?
3. What color were the eyes of the twins that were featured prominently in the story?
4. The twins and Divya described their site idea as an online ______________ where Harvard students could connect.
5. What did Mark tell Eduardo he did when he met with the Winklevoss twins to talk about their idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the estimated payout for the twins in the settlement and what did the twins feel about this?
2. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
3. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
4. What was wrong with the spread of Facemash, according to Mark's view?
5. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
6. What did Mark say in an email that he sent to Eduardo during the first part of this chapter?
7. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
8. What did Sean think about the name of Mark's new site - thefacebook?
9. What happened after the crew competition in England which showed the twins just how powerful thefacebook had become?
10. What was the program that Mark created for Harvard that caused him to be seen as a computer genius?
Essay Topic 1
Mark doesn't seem to have any interest in monetizing the website, even though Eduardo says that it needs to be happen.
Part 1: What are the benefits of monetizing the Facebook site?
Part 2: What might be some of the reasons why Mark isn't interested in monetizing the website?
Part 3: Do you think that making money from the site is a good idea at the start?
Essay Topic 2
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
Essay Topic 3
Because of the money that Eduardo invests in Facebook from the start, he feels he has a right to be involved in decision making.
Part 1: Do you think that being an investor makes a person immediately involved in decision making?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark doesn't seem to care about the money Eduardo has invested?
Part 3: What rights do you think an investor has when they invest in a company? Do they have a say in what happens?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)