|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was angry after being rejected by a girl at a party and after having too much to drink?
2. What did Mark tell Eduardo he did when he met with the Winklevoss twins to talk about their idea?
3. _________ volunteered to help the computer experts at Harvard create a better computer system.
4. What did Mark do once he realized that his site was getting to be so popular among others at campus?
5. Who often rejected Mark, though one night made him more upset than other nights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
2. What were some of the core classes that the Harvard students had to take, even though no one wanted to?
3. What did the Winklevoss twins look like, as described in the first part of this section?
4. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
5. What was the news that Divya brought to the brothers in relation to their new and secret project?
6. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
7. What were Mark's ideas that he shared with Eduardo in relation to creating a social networking site?
8. What did Eduardo get recognized for when he was at the first Phoenix gathering at the start of the book?
9. What is the thing that would set Mark's site apart from other friend and community sites already created?
10. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
Essay Topic 2
The twins find out that Mark is launching another site and they are furious with him.
Part 1: Do you think the twins have a right to be angry?
Part 2: Do you think that their idea was intellectual property or just a fun idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark didn't let the twins know about his other project?
Essay Topic 3
Part of the appeal of thefacebook is that it would have an undercurrent of sex, with the posting of one's relationship status.
Part 1: Do you think college focuses a lot on getting in and getting out of relationships?
Part 2: Do you think sites like Facebook are a good way to meet people to date?
Part 3: Would you post your relationship status on your Facebook profile?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)