Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twins thought that Mark would have the ability to __________ himself after the debacle with his site.
2. What year of school was Mark in when Eduardo saw him at the Jewish Epsilon Pi party?
3. What color were the eyes of the twins that were featured prominently in the story?
4. How long did it take Mark to complete his site, according to the article in the Crimson?
5. _________ volunteered to help the computer experts at Harvard create a better computer system.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
2. Why did Mark decide to remove Sean from Facebook's staff?
3. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
4. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
5. What did Mark do in order to defend himself against the claims the twins brought up against him?
6. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
7. What did Eduardo think about the cease and desist letter that Mark received from the Winklevoss twins?
8. What was the program that Mark created for Harvard that caused him to be seen as a computer genius?
9. Why was Eduardo having an easier time at Harvard at the beginning of this section of the book?
10. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
Essay Topic 1
Part of the appeal of thefacebook is that it would have an undercurrent of sex, with the posting of one's relationship status.
Part 1: Do you think college focuses a lot on getting in and getting out of relationships?
Part 2: Do you think sites like Facebook are a good way to meet people to date?
Part 3: Would you post your relationship status on your Facebook profile?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Mark settles with the twins and with Eduardo, though the settlement amounts are not published.
Part 1: Do you agree that the settlement was a good idea?
Part 2: Why do you think Eduardo's name is back on the masthead of Facebook?
Part 3: How do you think Facebook has been changed by the legal proceedings?
Essay Topic 3
The twins find out that Mark is launching another site and they are furious with him.
Part 1: Do you think the twins have a right to be angry?
Part 2: Do you think that their idea was intellectual property or just a fun idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark didn't let the twins know about his other project?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)