|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eduardo first sent the link to the new site to the members of ____________.
2. In just under _______ hours, Mark's site had logged over 23,000 hottest chick votes.
3. What did Mark have to write in order to access some of the photos of other houses at Harvard?
4. Who was very hung over at a restaurant when Mark walked into the location?
5. How many students were already signed up for the new social networking site after it was up for four days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
2. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
3. What was wrong with the spread of Facemash, according to Mark's view?
4. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
5. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
6. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
7. What did Eduardo get recognized for when he was at the first Phoenix gathering at the start of the book?
8. What were some of the core classes that the Harvard students had to take, even though no one wanted to?
9. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
10. What was the news that Divya brought to the brothers in relation to their new and secret project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark writes a blog about creating a website that compares the female students to farm animals as a result of being rejected by a girl one night at a bar.
Part 1: Do you think Mark is a good person?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark wants to take out his anger on someone else?
Part 3: What would you do if you were rejected by a person that you were attracted to?
Essay Topic 2
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
Essay Topic 3
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)