|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The site that Mark had made offended many _________ groups, even though Mark didn't seem to understand why.
2. In just under _______ hours, Mark's site had logged over 23,000 hottest chick votes.
3. What were the names of the school's databases that Mark found stagnant and uninteresting?
4. Whose work would Mark have access to as a result of working on the project with the twins and Divya?
5. What did Mark need from Eduardo in order to get his social networking site up and running?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
2. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
3. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
4. What is the thing that would set Mark's site apart from other friend and community sites already created?
5. What was wrong with the spread of Facemash, according to Mark's view?
6. At the beginning, what would be the exclusivity of thefacebook?
7. What did Mark have to do when he went before the ad board at Harvard?
8. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
9. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
10. How did Eduardo and his brother make the $300,000 that they made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark is thought to possibly have gotten into the dorms in order to hack the facebooks.
Part 1: Do you think Mark would have had the courage to go into the other dorms?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark wanted to hack into the facebooks?
Part 3: What would you do if you learned that someone else hacked into your Facebook account?
Essay Topic 2
Mark doesn't take meetings with the investors very seriously, and it shows when he and Eduardo begin to meet with them.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mark isn't interested in investors?
Part 2: How would you behave if you were in an investor meeting?
Part 3: Do you think that Mark needs to grow up in order to make Facebook interesting to investors?
Essay Topic 3
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)