|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that Mark did while he was creating his new social networking site?
2. During his time before the board, it was thought that Mark's awkwardness allowed him to escape _____________.
3. What year of school was Mark in when Eduardo saw him at the Jewish Epsilon Pi party?
4. Tyler told Divya to talk to Mark to see if he wanted to be a part of _________, according to the book.
5. What is the name of the group that disciplined Mark for the site that he created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eduardo get recognized for when he was at the first Phoenix gathering at the start of the book?
2. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
3. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
4. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
5. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
6. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
7. What was the one thing that was listed on every page of the site so that everyone knew this fact?
8. What were some of the core classes that the Harvard students had to take, even though no one wanted to?
9. What is the thing that would set Mark's site apart from other friend and community sites already created?
10. What did Mark have to do when he went before the ad board at Harvard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
Essay Topic 2
The Winklevoss twins have an idea to create a new site, and they want Mark to be a part of history with them.
Part 1: Do you think that Harvard Connection is the original Facebook?
Part 2: Why didn't the twins take more agressive action against Mark earlier?
Part 3: How do you think you would respond if it seemed like someone stole your ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Mark doesn't understand why the feminist groups and female students were mad at him about his website.
Part 1: Why would the female population be upset about the site that compares the animals to students?
Part 2: Do you think Mark really does understand and doesn't want to admit it?
Part 3: How would you feel if you were a female student?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)