|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the group that disciplined Mark for the site that he created?
2. Which computer giant allegedly offered Mark a position at their company?
3. Mark was placed on probation for _______ years as a result of creating the site that offended so many.
4. In just under _______ hours, Mark's site had logged over 23,000 hottest chick votes.
5. Who often rejected Mark, though one night made him more upset than other nights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
2. What did Eduardo get recognized for when he was at the first Phoenix gathering at the start of the book?
3. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
4. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
5. What is the thing that would set Mark's site apart from other friend and community sites already created?
6. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
7. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
8. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
9. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
10. How did Eduardo and his brother make the $300,000 that they made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark is thought to possibly have gotten into the dorms in order to hack the facebooks.
Part 1: Do you think Mark would have had the courage to go into the other dorms?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark wanted to hack into the facebooks?
Part 3: What would you do if you learned that someone else hacked into your Facebook account?
Essay Topic 2
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
Essay Topic 3
Mark admits that he led the twins on, but that he didn't sign anything, so he doesn't take the cease and desist letter seriously.
Part 1: Do you think you would have reacted differently if you'd received a cease and desist letter?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark decided to be less affected by the letter?
Part 3: How do you think a person needs to respond to a letter like this?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)