|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students were already signed up for the new social networking site after it was up for four days?
2. What was the name of the programmer who was out of the project the twins and Divya were working on?
3. What was the name of the other social networking site that was similar to Mark's idea, but not very popular?
4. What were the names of the school's databases that Mark found stagnant and uninteresting?
5. Eduardo was stunned that Mark didn't seem to care about ________, which made him want to get to know him better.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark have to do when he went before the ad board at Harvard?
2. What did the Winklevoss twins look like, as described in the first part of this section?
3. What did Mark tell the reporter at the Crimson about the new site that he created and how long it took him to complete?
4. What was the one thing that was listed on every page of the site so that everyone knew this fact?
5. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
6. What was the program that Mark created for Harvard that caused him to be seen as a computer genius?
7. What was wrong with the spread of Facemash, according to Mark's view?
8. What did Mark learn about Divya and Tyler when he showed the email to Eduardo?
9. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
10. At the beginning, what would be the exclusivity of thefacebook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The twins find out that Mark is launching another site and they are furious with him.
Part 1: Do you think the twins have a right to be angry?
Part 2: Do you think that their idea was intellectual property or just a fun idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark didn't let the twins know about his other project?
Essay Topic 2
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
Essay Topic 3
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)