|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ volunteered to help the computer experts at Harvard create a better computer system.
2. What was the name of the new site that Mark created in a few days, which compared female students to each other?
3. During his time before the board, it was thought that Mark's awkwardness allowed him to escape _____________.
4. What year of school was Mark in when Eduardo saw him at the Jewish Epsilon Pi party?
5. What was in the crate that Eduardo carried with him into the class during this section of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
2. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
3. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
4. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
5. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
6. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
7. What were Mark's ideas that he shared with Eduardo in relation to creating a social networking site?
8. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
9. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
10. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark seems to be avoiding the twins when he is creating his own version of a campus connection website.
Part 1: Do you think that Mark intentionally stole the idea from the twins?
Part 2: How do you think you would feel if you were in the twins' position?
Part 3: What would you have done if you didn't want to work on a project with someone anymore?
Essay Topic 2
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
Essay Topic 3
Mark admits that he led the twins on, but that he didn't sign anything, so he doesn't take the cease and desist letter seriously.
Part 1: Do you think you would have reacted differently if you'd received a cease and desist letter?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark decided to be less affected by the letter?
Part 3: How do you think a person needs to respond to a letter like this?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)