|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year of school was Mark in when Eduardo saw him at the Jewish Epsilon Pi party?
2. Mark was placed on probation for _______ years as a result of creating the site that offended so many.
3. _________ felt that Mark had stolen their idea and he wanted to do something about it.
4. What was the title that Eduardo would take on as result of his investment in the company?
5. The site that Mark had made offended many _________ groups, even though Mark didn't seem to understand why.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
2. What did Eduardo know about Mark Zuckerberg at the start of this story?
3. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
4. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
5. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
6. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
7. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
8. What did Mark have to do when he went before the ad board at Harvard?
9. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
10. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, Mark settles with the twins and with Eduardo, though the settlement amounts are not published.
Part 1: Do you agree that the settlement was a good idea?
Part 2: Why do you think Eduardo's name is back on the masthead of Facebook?
Part 3: How do you think Facebook has been changed by the legal proceedings?
Essay Topic 2
Even though Mark Zuckerberg might not have been socially graceful, he still creates Facebook, a social networking site.
Part 1: Do you consider yourself to be a socially comfortable person?
Part 2: How do you think Mark was able to see things that needed to be done in social networking that others didn't see?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark was so socially awkward?
Essay Topic 3
Sean Parker is a genius, but he also caused a lot of problems in his own company building.
Part 1: Why do you think Sean has had so many troubles in the past with his businesses?
Part 2: Do you think that Sean is someone that Mark should use as an ally?
Part 3: How do you think Sean's influence could hurt Facebook?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)