|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark told a reporter that his social networking site was just a __________ that he worked on in his spare time.
2. What is the name of a boat that someone on a crew team might use for practice?
3. What had been completed at the start of this chapter on the new site that Mark was developing?
4. What is the name of the club where Divya, Tyler, and Cameron met in order to talk about Mark's lack of progress?
5. Mark came up with the idea to compare pictures of students with _____________ online.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
2. Who was to blame for throwing Sean Parker out of Plaxo, something that would eventually be used for revenge?
3. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
4. Why was Eduardo so tired during the first section of this part of the book?
5. Why had Eduardo's shares gone up to 34% in the new legal documents he was asked to sign?
6. How might Mark have connected to the house facebooks if he was to get into the building?
7. Why did the twins think they were at a serious disadvantage when launching their site - ConnectU?
8. What did Mark have to do when he went before the ad board at Harvard?
9. What were some of Eduardo's concerns about thefacebook as the summer dragged on?
10. What was the genius of thefacebook when it was first introduced to the student population?
Essay Topic 1
Mark wants to create Facebook, at first, to redeem himself from the Facemash debacle.
Part 1: Do you think Mark's reputation will be forever damaged by the Facemash site?
Part 2: How would you feel about a friend who created a site that compared people's looks?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark wants to redeem himself?
Essay Topic 2
Mark admits that he led the twins on, but that he didn't sign anything, so he doesn't take the cease and desist letter seriously.
Part 1: Do you think you would have reacted differently if you'd received a cease and desist letter?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark decided to be less affected by the letter?
Part 3: How do you think a person needs to respond to a letter like this?
Essay Topic 3
Part of the appeal of thefacebook is that it would have an undercurrent of sex, with the posting of one's relationship status.
Part 1: Do you think college focuses a lot on getting in and getting out of relationships?
Part 2: Do you think sites like Facebook are a good way to meet people to date?
Part 3: Would you post your relationship status on your Facebook profile?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)