|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twins and Divya described their site idea as an online ______________ where Harvard students could connect.
2. Who did Mark talk to when he wanted to know who Divya and Tyler were, after receiving the email?
3. Who told the twins about the new site that Mark had launched, which was simlar to the one that twins had designed?
4. What was the name of the dorm building where Mark was a resident?
5. Mark was insistent that he exposed the lack of _________ to the computer experts at the university.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
2. What is surprising about the time that Mark took in creating the site, Facemash?
3. What did Eduardo think happened between the twins and Mark?
4. At the beginning, what would be the exclusivity of thefacebook?
5. Why was Mark's actions in downloading the facebooks of other dorms not technically legal?
6. What is the thing that would set Mark's site apart from other friend and community sites already created?
7. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
8. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
9. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
10. What did the Winklevoss twins look like, as described in the first part of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Winklevoss twins have an idea to create a new site, and they want Mark to be a part of history with them.
Part 1: Do you think that Harvard Connection is the original Facebook?
Part 2: Why didn't the twins take more agressive action against Mark earlier?
Part 3: How do you think you would respond if it seemed like someone stole your ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Because of the money that Eduardo invests in Facebook from the start, he feels he has a right to be involved in decision making.
Part 1: Do you think that being an investor makes a person immediately involved in decision making?
Part 2: Why do you think that Mark doesn't seem to care about the money Eduardo has invested?
Part 3: What rights do you think an investor has when they invest in a company? Do they have a say in what happens?
Essay Topic 3
Mark admits that he led the twins on, but that he didn't sign anything, so he doesn't take the cease and desist letter seriously.
Part 1: Do you think you would have reacted differently if you'd received a cease and desist letter?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark decided to be less affected by the letter?
Part 3: How do you think a person needs to respond to a letter like this?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)