|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what library did Tyler, Cameron, and Divya all meet?
2. Who did Mark talk to when he wanted to know who Divya and Tyler were, after receiving the email?
3. Who often rejected Mark, though one night made him more upset than other nights?
4. What would have matched up correctly if Mark had gone to other houses at Harvard to complete his program?
5. What was the tentative name of the project the twins and Divya were working on? The Harvard __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the one thing that was listed on every page of the site so that everyone knew this fact?
2. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
3. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
4. What are some of the things that people could do when they were using thefacebook?
5. At the beginning, what would be the exclusivity of thefacebook?
6. How did Facemash become a viral sensation at Harvard, according to the book?
7. What was the subject matter of the blog that Mark wrote after being rejected by another girl?
8. What did the Winklevoss twins look like, as described in the first part of this section?
9. What was wrong with the spread of Facemash, according to Mark's view?
10. What were Mark's ideas that he shared with Eduardo in relation to creating a social networking site?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eduardo is approached by another person to be a part of the Phoenix, as he is known for being a part of a hedge fund family.
Part 1: Should wealth give someone an increased advantage in terms of getting into a club?
Part 2: Do you think that money plays a part in whether a person gets to be in a club or not?
Part 3: How do you think your wealth affects your life?
Essay Topic 2
Mark doesn't understand why the feminist groups and female students were mad at him about his website.
Part 1: Why would the female population be upset about the site that compares the animals to students?
Part 2: Do you think Mark really does understand and doesn't want to admit it?
Part 3: How would you feel if you were a female student?
Essay Topic 3
The twins find out that Mark is launching another site and they are furious with him.
Part 1: Do you think the twins have a right to be angry?
Part 2: Do you think that their idea was intellectual property or just a fun idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark didn't let the twins know about his other project?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)