|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mark have to write in order to access some of the photos of other houses at Harvard?
2. Mark's idea for a social networking site involved the idea of _________, in which one person on the site would invite those they knew.
3. The twins only had a _________ agreement with Mark about creating their site, so they were in a bind.
4. What skills were the twins and Divya lacking so they needed to get outside help with their project idea?
5. What is the name of the club where Divya, Tyler, and Cameron met in order to talk about Mark's lack of progress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark have to say in response to the release of his website, as seen on his blog entry?
2. Why didn't Mark get a more severe punishment for his actions and for the creation of Facemash?
3. What did Mark learn about Divya and Tyler when he showed the email to Eduardo?
4. How did Eduardo and his brother make the $300,000 that they made?
5. What was the initial deal that Mark offered to Eduardo as they began their new site idea?
6. What was the original idea that the twins had with Divya that they were trying to bring to light?
7. What were Mark's ideas that he shared with Eduardo in relation to creating a social networking site?
8. At the beginning, what would be the exclusivity of thefacebook?
9. What is one of the speculations of others which might have led Mark to the facebooks of other dorms?
10. What did the twins offer to Mark in exchange for his programming skills and expertise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mark doesn't seem to have any interest in monetizing the website, even though Eduardo says that it needs to be happen.
Part 1: What are the benefits of monetizing the Facebook site?
Part 2: What might be some of the reasons why Mark isn't interested in monetizing the website?
Part 3: Do you think that making money from the site is a good idea at the start?
Essay Topic 2
Mark admits that he led the twins on, but that he didn't sign anything, so he doesn't take the cease and desist letter seriously.
Part 1: Do you think you would have reacted differently if you'd received a cease and desist letter?
Part 2: Why do you think Mark decided to be less affected by the letter?
Part 3: How do you think a person needs to respond to a letter like this?
Essay Topic 3
Even though Mark Zuckerberg might not have been socially graceful, he still creates Facebook, a social networking site.
Part 1: Do you consider yourself to be a socially comfortable person?
Part 2: How do you think Mark was able to see things that needed to be done in social networking that others didn't see?
Part 3: Why do you think Mark was so socially awkward?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)