|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the article in the Crimson identify as being the one who financed the site?
(a) No one.
2. What is the name of a boat that someone on a crew team might use for practice?
3. What was the name of the restaurant that Mark and Eduardo met at?
(c) Cambridge 1.
(d) No Man's Land.
4. What is the nationality of the person who identified Eduardo for the Phoenix, as described in the book?
5. Mark wanted to move a person's entire ____________ online, which made his idea unique.
(a) School drama.
(b) Social network.
(d) Bar moves.
6. The ________ began to publish articles that talked about the future of sites like the one that Mark had created.
(c) Wall Street Journal.
(d) Washington Post.
7. What would users of Mark's site be able to do to other members in order to show interest in them?
8. What did Mark tell Eduardo he did when he met with the Winklevoss twins to talk about their idea?
(a) Accepted their offer.
(b) He didn't Eduardo about it.
(d) Turned them down.
9. The site that Mark had made offended many _________ groups, even though Mark didn't seem to understand why.
10. How long did it take Mark to complete his site, according to the article in the Crimson?
(a) A day.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
11. In what state did Mark grow up, according to the first section of the book?
(a) New York.
12. In just under _______ hours, Mark's site had logged over 23,000 hottest chick votes.
13. Who did Mark talk to when he wanted to know who Divya and Tyler were, after receiving the email?
(b) No one.
(c) His mom.
14. Why did Mark email the link to his site to a few friends after he was done creating it?
(a) No reason.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) To spread it around.
(d) To get feedback.
15. Mark told a reporter that his social networking site was just a __________ that he worked on in his spare time.
(a) Boring project.
(b) Fun game.
(d) Side project.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mark do once he realized that his site was getting to be so popular among others at campus?
2. What was the name of the dorm building where Mark was a resident?
3. Mark was insistent that he exposed the lack of _________ to the computer experts at the university.
4. _________ volunteered to help the computer experts at Harvard create a better computer system.
5. Just as in the rest of college life, Mark's site would have an undercurrent of ________, as that's what students were interested in.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)