|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade has Junior earned in Geometry in Chapter 28: "My Final Freshman Year Report Card"?
2. Who is said to be responsible for Eugene's death in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
(a) Arnold Spirit, Sr.
3. What is the worst character trait of Arnold Spirit, Sr., in the novel?
(a) He is physically abusive.
(b) He is a cocaine addict.
(c) He is a womanizer.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
4. Almost how many people attend Junior's grandmother's funeral in Chapter 23: "Wake"?
5. Who does Junior see in the stands that gives him the courage to play against Wellpinit in the first basketball game of the season in Chapter 20: "Reindeer Games"?
(a) Penelope and Earl.
(c) Rowdy and his girlfriend.
(d) His parents and grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team knocks Reardan High's basketball team out of the playoffs in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
2. How many funerals does Junior say he's been to in his life in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
3. The object that the billionaire white collector presents in Chapter 23: "Wake" is probably of what origin, according to Junior's mother?
4. How old was Junior's mother when she met Junior's father?
5. What symbols surround Junior's illustration of his report card in Chapter 28: "My Final Freshman Year Report Card"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exchange takes place between Junior and the television reporter in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
2. Describe the drawing that comprises Chapter 28: "My Final Freshman Year Report Card." What imagery appears in the illustration?
3. How does Mary describe her circumstances in her letter to Junior in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
4. How does Junior analyze the exchange that he and Rowdy have shared in Chapter 26: "Rowdy and I Have a Serious Discussion about Basketball"?
5. What news does Junior receive from the school counselor in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
6. How does Junior feel after the winning game in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
7. What exchange takes place between Junior and Rowdy in Chapter 26: "Rowdy and I Have a Serious Discussion about Basketball"?
8. Where does Junior go with his family in Chapter 29: "Remembering"? How does Junior describe the day?
9. What is an example of irony employed by the author in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
10. What does Junior say about the virtue of tolerance in Chapter 22: "Red Versus White"?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)