|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as the point guard on the Reardan basketball team and compared to Little Larry Soliday in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
2. Who is the school guidance counselor that calls Junior out of class in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
(a) Mr. Sheridan.
(b) Mr. Dodge.
(c) Mrs. Jeremy.
(d) Miss Warren.
3. What does Junior describe as "the very best thing about my grandmother" in Chapter 22: "Red Versus White"?
(a) She was peaceful.
(b) She was tolerant.
(c) She was strong.
(d) She was enduring.
4. What does Junior say he does before every basketball game in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
(a) He drinks a beer.
(b) He calls his mother.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He prays.
5. What does Mary tell Junior to tell everyone when she closes her letter in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
(a) That she is having a baby.
(b) That she loves and misses them.
(c) That she's glad she left.
(d) That she hates them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the worst character trait of Arnold Spirit, Sr., in the novel?
2. How many games in a row does the Reardan High School basketball team win after losing their first game to Wellpinit in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
3. When Junior sends Rowdy a picture of his smiling face, what does Rowdy respond with a picture of in Chapter 18: "Don't Trust Your Computer"?
4. What team knocks Reardan High's basketball team out of the playoffs in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
5. In Junior's drawing from Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter," he compares his sister's new home to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the students to stand up and walk out of Junior's class in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
2. How are the deaths of Eugene and Bobby described in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
3. How would you describe Junior's circumstances during Christmas in Chapter 21: "And a Partridge in a Pear Tree"?
4. How would you describe Junior's outlook for the future in Chapter 29: "Remembering"?
5. Why has the billionaire named Ted come to Grandmother Spirit's wake in Chapter 23: "Wake"?
6. How does Junior describe his relationship with mortality in comparison with the students at Reardan in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
7. What exchange takes place between Junior and the television reporter in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
8. What story does Arnold Spirit, Sr. tell his son in encouraging him to try out for the basketball team in Chapter 20: "Reindeer Games"?
9. How has Junior's understanding of and connection with his sister evolved by the end of the novel?
10. How does Junior analyze the exchange that he and Rowdy have shared in Chapter 26: "Rowdy and I Have a Serious Discussion about Basketball"?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)