|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mr. P injured after Junior accidentally hits him with his geometry book?
(a) His nose is broken.
(b) He loses hearing in one ear.
(c) He is blinded in one eye.
(d) His jaw is broken.
2. What color bandana does Junior's grandmother wear whenever she goes to powwows?
3. About how much money does Junior say the thugs take from him in Chapter 11: "Halloween"?
4. How old was Junior when he began wearing eyeglasses?
5. In Junior's drawing of his sister Mary in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," he compares Mary's appearance to what celebrity?
(a) Jessica Lange.
(b) Halle Berry.
(c) Jennifer Lawrence.
(d) Jennifer Lopez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Junior describes his Indian Reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France" as being "one million miles north of" what?
2. Who answers the door when Junior goes to Rowdy's house in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
3. What offensive name does the girl that Junior falls in love with call him in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
4. What is the response of Junior's parents when he asks them in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go," "Who has the most hope?"
5. Where does Junior say his sister spends twenty-three hours a day in the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to Junior throwing the textbook in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
2. What advice does Mr. P give to Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"? Why?
3. How does Junior describe his sister in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"? How does Junior feel about his sister?
4. How does Junior describe his feelings about his sister's marriage in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
5. How does Junior describe the character of Dawn in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
6. What do Junior's parents initially think when he tells them of his plans in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go"?
7. Why does Junior say he is a member of "The Black Eye of the Month Club"? How does this status affect Junior's actions?
8. What is Penelope's goal with her costume in Chapter 11: "Halloween"? How does this inspire Junior?
9. What action does Junior take toward reconciliation with Rowdy in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
10. How are Junior and Penelope dressed for Halloween in Chapter 11: "Halloween"?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)