|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Junior says in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," that "if God hadn't wanted us to masturbate, then God wouldn't have given us" what?
2. How does Junior portray himself and Rowdy in the cartoon that he draws in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
(a) As white kids.
(b) As vampires.
(c) As werewolves.
(d) As superheroes.
3. What offensive name does the girl that Junior falls in love with call him in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
(a) Basketball Beaver.
(b) Four-eyed dork.
(d) Junior High Honky.
4. When was the Spokane Indian Reservation founded?
5. Where has Mary moved after marrying in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where Junior's family lives?
2. What does Mr. P say Mary dreamed of being when she was in school in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
3. In Junior's drawing of his sister Mary in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," he compares Mary's appearance to what celebrity?
4. What is the condition that Junior says he was born with in Chapter 1: "The Black Eye of the Month Club"?
5. What is the name of the school that Junior attends on the reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Penelope's goal with her costume in Chapter 11: "Halloween"? How does this inspire Junior?
2. What do Junior's parents initially think when he tells them of his plans in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go"?
3. How does Arnold Spirit, Sr. handle the situation with Oscar in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"? How does Junior respond to the situation?
4. What exchange takes place between Junior and Rowdy in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"? How does Junior feel about this encounter?
5. Why does Junior say he is a member of "The Black Eye of the Month Club"? How does this status affect Junior's actions?
6. How does Junior justify Rowdy's reaction to his announcement in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
7. How does Junior describe his feelings about his sister's marriage in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
8. How does Junior describe the changes in how he's perceived around Penelope in Chapter 15: "Hunger Pains"?
9. What confusion ensues because of Junior's name at school in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"?
10. How does Junior describe his feelings about "community" in the beginning of Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)