|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Junior's dog that becomes ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
2. In the illustration of the White vs. Indian boy in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters," the white boy is depicted wearing what kinds of shoes?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) The latest Air Jordans.
(c) Canvas tennis shoes from Safeway.
(d) Birkenstock sandals.
3. When does Junior's tribe hold their annual powwow celebration at the reservation?
(a) Memorial Day weekend.
(c) Labor Day weekend.
(d) New Year's Eve.
4. Mr. P tells Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope," "That's how we were taught to teach you. We were supposed to kill the Indian to save" what?
(c) The child.
(d) The White Man.
5. Whom does Junior confess to about his love for the beautiful Indian girl in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Junior's father give him for lunch money when he drops him off at school in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
2. What does Rowdy do when Junior reaches out to touch him on the shoulder in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
3. Junior says in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," that "if God hadn't wanted us to masturbate, then God wouldn't have given us" what?
4. What is the date of Mary's email in Chapter 13: "My Sister Sends Me an E-mail"?
5. Junior says of Mary in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go" that she is running away to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes Junior to his first day at the new school in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"? What conversation do they have as Junior departs?
2. How does Junior justify Rowdy's reaction to his announcement in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
3. How do Junior's parents respond to Junior's decision about school in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go"? What warning do they impart on him?
4. What advice does Mr. P give to Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"? Why?
5. What birth defect does Junior describe having been born with in Chapter 1: "The Black Eye of the Month Club"?
6. How does Junior describe his sister in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"? How does Junior feel about his sister?
7. What leads up to Junior throwing the textbook in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
8. How does Junior describe the character of Dawn in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
9. Why does Junior say he is a member of "The Black Eye of the Month Club"? How does this status affect Junior's actions?
10. What confusion ensues because of Junior's name at school in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)