|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mr. P injured after Junior accidentally hits him with his geometry book?
(a) His jaw is broken.
(b) He is blinded in one eye.
(c) He loses hearing in one ear.
(d) His nose is broken.
2. Who stands by Junior's assertion about petrified wood in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
3. Junior says in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," that "if God hadn't wanted us to masturbate, then God wouldn't have given us" what?
4. What does Rowdy do when Junior waves at him in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
(a) Rowdy starts screaming.
(b) Rowdy flips Junior off.
(c) Rowdy starts to cry.
(d) Rowdy waves back.
5. What was the score when the Wellpinit Junior High Academic Bowl played against Reardan Junior High School the previous year, according to Junior in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Junior says of Mary in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go" that she is running away to do what?
2. What is the name of the Indian girl that Junior describes falling in love with in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
3. What disorder does Junior discover that Penelope suffers from in Chapter 15: "Hunger Pains"?
4. What does Mary say she did yesterday for the first time in her email to Junior in Chapter 13: "My Sister Sends Me an E-mail"?
5. Whom does Junior wish he could ask for advice about Penelope in Chapter 11: "Halloween"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Junior compare his and Oscar's family' circumstances in Chapter 3: "Revenge Is My Middle Name"?
2. Why does Junior say he is a member of "The Black Eye of the Month Club"? How does this status affect Junior's actions?
3. What prediction does Junior's grandmother make in Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice"?
4. What do Junior's parents initially think when he tells them of his plans in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go"?
5. What advice does Mr. P give to Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"? Why?
6. What is Penelope's goal with her costume in Chapter 11: "Halloween"? How does this inspire Junior?
7. How does Junior discover Penelope's eating disorder in Chapter 15: "Hunger Pains"?
8. Why does Mr. P tell Junior that he forgives him in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
9. How does Junior describe his feelings about his sister's marriage in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
10. What confusion ensues because of Junior's name at school in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)