|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of Junior's parents when he asks them in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go," "Who has the most hope?"
(b) The elders.
(c) White people.
2. What does Rowdy do when Junior reaches out to touch him on the shoulder in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
(a) Rowdy punches Junior.
(b) Rowdy starts to sing.
(c) Rowdy runs away.
(d) Rowdy takes out a gun.
3. On what date were both Junior and Rowdy born?
(a) September 24, 1993.
(b) July 12, 1995.
(c) June 1, 1997.
(d) November 5, 1992.
4. Junior describes his Indian Reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France" as being "one million miles north of" what?
5. In Junior's drawing of his sister Mary in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," he compares Mary's appearance to what celebrity?
(a) Halle Berry.
(b) Jennifer Lawrence.
(c) Jessica Lange.
(d) Jennifer Lopez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the score when the Wellpinit Junior High Academic Bowl played against Reardan Junior High School the previous year, according to Junior in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
2. Junior says in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," that "if God hadn't wanted us to masturbate, then God wouldn't have given us" what?
3. Junior says in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown" that he realized at a young age that he will always fall in love with what kind of women?
4. What does Mr. P say Mary dreamed of being when she was in school in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
5. What does Rowdy do when Junior waves at him in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Mr. P give to Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"? Why?
2. What conversation do Eugene and Junior have when Eugene drops Junior off at school in Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice"?
3. What do Junior's parents initially think when he tells them of his plans in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go"?
4. What action does Junior take toward reconciliation with Rowdy in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
5. How does Junior justify Rowdy's reaction to his announcement in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
6. How does Mary describe her circumstances in her email to Junior in Chapter 13: "My Sister Sends Me an E-mail"?
7. Who takes Junior to his first day at the new school in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"? What conversation do they have as Junior departs?
8. How does Junior describe his sister in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"? How does Junior feel about his sister?
9. Why does Junior say he is a member of "The Black Eye of the Month Club"? How does this status affect Junior's actions?
10. How does Junior compare his and Oscar's family' circumstances in Chapter 3: "Revenge Is My Middle Name"?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)