|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Junior's mother when she met Junior's father?
2. When Junior sends Rowdy a picture of his smiling face, what does Rowdy respond with a picture of in Chapter 18: "Don't Trust Your Computer"?
(a) His smiling face.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His bare bottom.
(d) Him flipping the bird.
3. How does Junior contact Rowdy after the end of basketball season in Chapter 26: "Rowdy and I Have a Serious Discussion about Basketball"?
(a) He texts him.
(b) He calls him.
(c) He visits him.
(d) He emails him.
4. What diner does Junior go to with his friends from Reardan in Chapter 17: "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
(a) Tom's Diner.
(b) Waffle House.
(c) J. J.'s Diner.
5. Almost how many people attend Junior's grandmother's funeral in Chapter 23: "Wake"?
6. Why does Junior say that the people in Reardan assume the Indians from the reservation have plenty of money, in Chapter 17: "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
(a) Because they dress well.
(b) Because they have a casino.
(c) Because they have large homes.
(d) Because they have nice cars.
7. When does Junior's father disappear to get drunk during the holidays in Chapter 21: "And a Partridge in a Pear Tree"?
(a) On Christmas Day.
(b) On New Year's Day.
(c) On New Year's Eve.
(d) On Christmas Eve.
8. Who is compared to Joel Wetzel on Junior's basketball team in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
9. What is the name of the rich white guy that speaks at Junior's grandmother's wake?
10. What did Junior's mother help Junior's father do when they first met?
(a) Find his mother.
(b) Start a car engine.
(c) Get a drink from a water fountain.
(d) Find his father.
11. What role does Junior say epileptics once held in Indian tribes in Chapter 22: "Red Versus White"?
(a) The role of women.
(b) The role of servant.
(c) The role of shaman.
(d) The role of caretaker.
12. What musical instrument does Arnold Spirit, Sr. take with him when his family goes to spend the day at the cemetery in Chapter 29: "Remembering"?
(a) His drums.
(b) His saxophone.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His flute.
13. When Junior emails Rowdy for advice about Penelope in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love," Rowdy replies, "I'm sick of Indian guys who treat white women like" what?
(a) Bowling trophies.
(c) They're better.
14. How old was Junior's father when he met Junior's mother for the first time?
15. How does Mary describe her new house in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
(a) The most gorgeous place in the world.
(b) A pitiful dump but better than nothing.
(c) The most depressing place in the world.
(d) A tenement on the outskirts of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary say she has begun to do in her spare time in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
2. How old is Junior when he describes he and Rowdy climbing the tree by Turtle Lake in Chapter 30: "Talking About Turtles"?
3. Who is the "Russian dude" that Gordy gives Junior a book by in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
4. Why does Mary say she is struggling to find a job in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
5. Whose suit does Junior wear to the Winter Formal in Chapter 17: "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)