|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Junior says in Chapter 29: "Remembering," "I realized that I might be a lonely Indian boy, but I was not alone in my loneliness. There were millions of other Americans who had left their birthplaces in search of" what?
(b) A dream.
(c) An identity.
(d) A culture.
2. What does Gordy say happens to weird people, from primitive cultures to today, in Chapter 18: "Don't Trust Your Computer"?
(a) They are banished.
(b) They are worshiped.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are regaled.
3. What is the record of the Wellpinit Redskins when they face Reardan again in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
4. What month is it when Junior describes climbing the tree with Rowdy in Chapter 30: "Talking About Turtles"?
5. The object that the billionaire white collector presents in Chapter 23: "Wake" is probably of what origin, according to Junior's mother?
(a) Sioux or Oglala.
(b) Cherokee or Paiute.
(c) Navajo or Klamath.
(d) Caddo or Cherokee.
6. When Junior sends Rowdy a picture of his smiling face, what does Rowdy respond with a picture of in Chapter 18: "Don't Trust Your Computer"?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His smiling face.
(c) His bare bottom.
(d) Him flipping the bird.
7. How many different trees does Junior say he's probably climbed in his lifetime in Chapter 30: "Talking About Turtles"?
8. Who is said to be responsible for Eugene's death in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
(b) Arnold Spirit, Sr.
9. What diner does Junior go to with his friends from Reardan in Chapter 17: "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
(b) J. J.'s Diner.
(c) Waffle House.
(d) Tom's Diner.
10. What does Junior blame for 90 percent of the Spokane Indian deaths in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Lung disease.
11. What does Gordy do when Junior asks him for advice on how to gain the love of a white girl in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love"?
(a) He asks his sister.
(b) He conducts internet research.
(c) He asks his older brother.
(d) He asks his father.
12. Junior says in Chapter 22: "Red Versus White," "I've learned that white people, especially fathers, are good at" what?
(a) Hiding in plain sight.
(b) Extolling virtues on others.
(c) Telling lies.
(d) Making a lot of money.
13. What role does Junior say epileptics once held in Indian tribes in Chapter 22: "Red Versus White"?
(a) The role of shaman.
(b) The role of servant.
(c) The role of caretaker.
(d) The role of women.
14. Where do the cool kids decide to go to a diner after the Winter Formal in Chapter 17: "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
(b) Jersey City.
15. How many years older is Junior's mother than Junior's father?
(a) She is ten years older.
(b) She is three years older.
(c) She is four years older.
(d) She is eight years older.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Junior's father return after his bender during the holidays in Chapter 21: "And a Partridge in a Pear Tree"?
2. What derogatory term does Junior say that some people on the reservation call him in Chapter 18: "Don't Trust Your Computer"?
3. When does Junior's father disappear to get drunk during the holidays in Chapter 21: "And a Partridge in a Pear Tree"?
4. How many funerals does Junior say he's been to in his life in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
5. How much money does Junior have when he attends the Winter Formal in Chapter 17: "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)