|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Greek writer and philosopher does Gordy quote regarding grief in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
2. How does Mary describe her new house in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
(a) A pitiful dump but better than nothing.
(b) A tenement on the outskirts of town.
(c) The most gorgeous place in the world.
(d) The most depressing place in the world.
3. How old was Junior's father when he met Junior's mother for the first time?
4. Why does Junior apologize to Rowdy in Chapter 26: "Rowdy and I Have a Serious Discussion about Basketball"?
(a) He apologizes for attending Reardan.
(b) He apologizes for calling Rowdy a name.
(c) He apologizes for punching Rowdy.
(d) He apologizes for beating Rowdy's basketball team.
5. What do Junior and Rowdy exchange in their encounter in Chapter 26: "Rowdy and I Have a Serious Discussion about Basketball"?
(c) Old memories.
6. What does Mary say she has begun to do in her spare time in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
(a) She's begun taking college classes.
(b) She's begun studying acting.
(c) She's begun writing her life story.
(d) She's begun taking guitar lessons.
7. What does Gordy do when Junior asks him for advice on how to gain the love of a white girl in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love"?
(a) He conducts internet research.
(b) He asks his father.
(c) He asks his older brother.
(d) He asks his sister.
8. What teacher insults Junior and causes the class to walk out in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
(a) Mr. Grant.
(b) Mr. Dodge.
(c) Mr. Sheridan.
(d) Mrs. Jeremy.
9. In Junior's drawing from Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter," he compares his sister's new home to what?
(a) A tree house.
(b) A TV dinner tray.
(c) A beaver dam.
(d) A castle.
10. How was Eugene killed, according to Junior in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
(a) He drove into a tree.
(b) He was hit by a drunk driver.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was shot.
11. When Junior sends Rowdy a picture of his smiling face, what does Rowdy respond with a picture of in Chapter 18: "Don't Trust Your Computer"?
(a) His smiling face.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) Him flipping the bird.
(d) His bare bottom.
12. How many games in a row does the Reardan High School basketball team win after losing their first game to Wellpinit in Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion"?
13. In Chapter 18: "Don't Trust Your Computer," Junior describes Rowdy as being the opposite of what?
14. Junior says in Chapter 29: "Remembering," "I realized that I might be a lonely Indian boy, but I was not alone in my loneliness. There were millions of other Americans who had left their birthplaces in search of" what?
(a) A dream.
(c) An identity.
(d) A culture.
15. Who is said to be responsible for Eugene's death in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
(c) Arnold Spirit, Sr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Junior to tell everyone when she closes her letter in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
2. How many years older is Junior's mother than Junior's father?
3. What is the name of the white girl that Gordy describes disappearing in Mexico last summer in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love"?
4. What diner does Junior go to with his friends from Reardan in Chapter 17: "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
5. Who is the "Russian dude" that Gordy gives Junior a book by in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)