|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different trees does Junior say he's probably climbed in his lifetime in Chapter 30: "Talking About Turtles"?
2. What does Gordy do when Junior asks him for advice on how to gain the love of a white girl in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love"?
(a) He asks his father.
(b) He asks his sister.
(c) He conducts internet research.
(d) He asks his older brother.
3. What Greek writer and philosopher does Gordy quote regarding grief in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
4. Why does Mary say she is struggling to find a job in Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter"?
(a) She is from a different tribe.
(b) She has no education.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She has no experience.
5. What does Rowdy say he's going to have in every room of his house when he becomes rich and famous in Chapter 30: "Talking About Turtles"?
(a) A giant chandelier.
(b) An air conditioner.
(c) A fireplace.
(d) A grand piano.
6. What class is Junior called out of by the school counselor in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
7. What grade has Junior earned in English in Chapter 28: "My Final Freshman Year Report Card"?
8. What grade has Junior earned in "Let's-Make-Birdhouses Wood Shop" in Chapter 28: "My Final Freshman Year Report Card"?
9. What musical instrument does Arnold Spirit, Sr. take with him when his family goes to spend the day at the cemetery in Chapter 29: "Remembering"?
(a) His flute.
(b) His saxophone.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His drums.
10. How many Mexican girls does Gordy say disappeared in the same area of Mexico as the white girl in the last three years, but that there was no news of them, in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love"?
(a) Over 20.
(b) Over 50.
(c) Over 200.
(d) Over 300.
11. In Chapter 18: "Don't Trust Your Computer," Junior describes Rowdy as being the opposite of what?
12. Whose suit does Junior wear to the Winter Formal in Chapter 17: "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
(a) His brother's.
(d) His father's.
13. What is the name of the white girl that Gordy describes disappearing in Mexico last summer in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love"?
(d) Anne Marie.
14. How tall does Junior say the tree is that "sits beside the highway to West End, past Turtle Lake" in Chapter 30: "Talking About Turtles"?
(a) Over 200 feet tall.
(b) About 60 feet tall.
(c) About 50 feet tall.
(d) Over 100 feet tall.
15. In Junior's drawing from Chapter 19: "My Sister Sends Me a Letter," he compares his sister's new home to what?
(a) A castle.
(b) A TV dinner tray.
(c) A beaver dam.
(d) A tree house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team is Penelope playing against in the volleyball match in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love"?
2. What do Junior and Rowdy exchange in their encounter in Chapter 26: "Rowdy and I Have a Serious Discussion about Basketball"?
3. Who is the "Russian dude" that Gordy gives Junior a book by in Chapter 27: "Because Russian Guys Are Not Always Geniuses"?
4. What did Junior's mother help Junior's father do when they first met?
5. When Junior emails Rowdy for advice about Penelope in Chapter 16: "Rowdy Gives Me Advice About Love," Rowdy replies, "I'm sick of Indian guys who treat white women like" what?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)