|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles do Junior and Rowdy walk to get to the powwow grounds in Chapter 3: "Revenge Is My Middle Name"?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 5 miles.
2. When was the Spokane Indian Reservation founded?
3. How does Junior portray himself and Rowdy in the cartoon that he draws in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
(a) As white kids.
(b) As werewolves.
(c) As vampires.
(d) As superheroes.
4. What color bandana does Junior's grandmother wear whenever she goes to powwows?
5. What word is repeated on the image of the flying horse in the clouds in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
6. What does Penelope say she's going to ask for instead of candy when she goes trick-or-treating in Chapter 11: "Halloween"?
(b) Toys for children.
(c) Canned food.
(d) Spare change.
7. What does Junior's father do when Junior's dog becomes seriously ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
(a) He gives the dog to a neighbor.
(b) He has the dog euthanized at the vet.
(c) He shoots the dog.
(d) He takes the dog to a tribal elder.
8. What does Junior claim petrified wood actually is in his geology class in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
9. How do Junior's parents respond when he tells them he wants to transfer to Reardan in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go"?
(a) They begrudgingly agree, but only on the condition that he plays basketball.
(b) They refuse to help him transfer.
(c) They agree to help him transfer.
(d) They tell him he must move away to attend school there.
10. What is the name of the Indian girl that Junior describes falling in love with in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
11. How many times does Junior say he's had to walk the entire way from school to his home in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
12. Where does Penelope tell Junior she wants to go to college in Chapter 15: "Hunger Pains"?
13. Who is the pretty blonde girl that introduces herself to Junior in his homeroom class in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"?
14. Where does Junior see Rowdy as he leaves Rowdy's house in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
(a) Across the street at the playground.
(b) In an upstairs window.
(c) In his backyard.
(d) Leaving church.
15. Junior describes his Indian Reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France" as being "one million miles north of" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Junior's parents when he asks them in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go," "Who has the most hope?"
2. What does Mary say she did yesterday for the first time in her email to Junior in Chapter 13: "My Sister Sends Me an E-mail"?
3. At what hospital were both Junior and Rowdy born?
4. What offensive name does the girl that Junior falls in love with call him in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
5. What does Rowdy do when Junior reaches out to touch him on the shoulder in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)