|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one talent that Junior is proud of in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Drawing cartoons.
(c) Designing buildings.
(d) Making music.
2. Mr. P tells Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope," "That's how we were taught to teach you. We were supposed to kill the Indian to save" what?
(a) The child.
(b) The White Man.
3. Junior says of Mary in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go" that she is running away to do what?
(a) Find freedom.
(b) Find something.
(c) Get lost.
(d) Escape the past.
4. How many teeth does Junior say he developed in Chapter 1: "The Black Eye of the Month Club"?
5. How much money does Junior's father give him for lunch money when he drops him off at school in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
6. Who is Junior's geology teacher at Reardan?
(a) Mr. Dodge.
(b) Mr. Grant.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. P.
7. On what date were both Junior and Rowdy born?
(a) July 12, 1995.
(b) September 24, 1993.
(c) June 1, 1997.
(d) November 5, 1992.
8. Who stands by Junior's assertion about petrified wood in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
9. What is Junior's history class studying in the beginning of Chapter 15: "Hunger Pains"?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Louisiana Purchase.
(d) The U.S. Civil War.
10. What is the condition that Junior says he was born with in Chapter 1: "The Black Eye of the Month Club"?
(a) A club foot.
(b) Water on the brain.
(c) A heart defect.
11. In the illustration of the White vs. Indian boy in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters," the white boy is depicted wearing what kinds of shoes?
(a) Canvas tennis shoes from Safeway.
(b) The latest Air Jordans.
(c) Birkenstock sandals.
(d) Cowboy boots.
12. In Junior's drawing from Chapter 3: "Revenge Is My Middle Name," he compares the powwow dancer to what animal?
(a) A bear.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A snake.
(d) A chicken.
13. How old was Junior when he began wearing eyeglasses?
14. What is the name of the Indian girl that Junior describes falling in love with in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
15. What medicine does Junior say he was prescribed to prevent seizures as a child in Chapter 1: "The Black Eye of the Month Club"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offensive name does the girl that Junior falls in love with call him in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
2. What is the name of the school that Junior attends on the reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
3. What is the date of Mary's email in Chapter 13: "My Sister Sends Me an E-mail"?
4. What does Rowdy do when Junior reaches out to touch him on the shoulder in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
5. Junior says in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown" that he realized at a young age that he will always fall in love with what kind of women?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)