|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where Junior's family lives?
(a) The Spokane Indian Reservation.
(b) The Karuk Indian Reservation.
(c) The Alturas Rancheria.
(d) The Acoma Pueblo and Off-Reservation Trust Land.
2. What offensive name does the girl that Junior falls in love with call him in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
(a) Four-eyed dork.
(c) Junior High Honky.
(d) Basketball Beaver.
3. What does Junior's father do when Junior's dog becomes seriously ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
(a) He takes the dog to a tribal elder.
(b) He gives the dog to a neighbor.
(c) He has the dog euthanized at the vet.
(d) He shoots the dog.
4. What is the date of Mary's email in Chapter 13: "My Sister Sends Me an E-mail"?
(a) November 16, 2006.
(b) July 12, 2002.
(c) March 16, 2009.
(d) September 12, 2013.
5. What name is printed in the geometry book that Junior receives in class in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
(a) Gordan Anders.
(b) Agnes Adams.
(c) Mary Spirit.
(d) Penelope Smith.
6. What is the name of Junior's dog that becomes ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
7. What does Junior say his best friend has become at the end of Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
(a) His dog.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His worst enemy.
8. How old is Junior when he describes falling in love with the beautiful Indian girl in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
9. What does Junior go dressed as at school in Chapter 11: "Halloween"?
(a) A tribal shaman.
(b) A homeless person.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A vampire.
10. Where does Junior see Rowdy as he leaves Rowdy's house in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
(a) In an upstairs window.
(b) Leaving church.
(c) Across the street at the playground.
(d) In his backyard.
11. What does Junior claim petrified wood actually is in his geology class in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
12. Whom does Junior confess to about his love for the beautiful Indian girl in Chapter 10: "Tears of a Clown"?
13. In the illustration of the White vs. Indian boy in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters," the white boy is depicted wearing what kinds of shoes?
(a) Canvas tennis shoes from Safeway.
(b) The latest Air Jordans.
(c) Birkenstock sandals.
(d) Cowboy boots.
14. Junior says in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," that "if God hadn't wanted us to masturbate, then God wouldn't have given us" what?
15. In Junior's illustration of himself in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go," he is buried in sand with only his head exposed. What creatures are crawling on Junior's face in the drawing?
(a) Baby birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color bandana does Junior's grandmother wear whenever she goes to powwows?
2. How many times does Junior say he's had to walk the entire way from school to his home in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
3. How far is Reardan from the reservation where Junior lives?
4. What word is repeated on the image of the flying horse in the clouds in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
5. What is the response of Junior's parents when he asks them in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go," "Who has the most hope?"
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)