|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Junior describes his Indian Reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France" as being "one million miles north of" what?
2. Who is the pretty blonde girl that introduces herself to Junior in his homeroom class in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"?
3. What is Junior's grandmother's reply when he asks her "What does it mean?" regarding the boy at school who did not punch him back in Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice"?
(a) I think it's because he is a coward.
(b) I think it means he respects you.
(c) I think he's going to kill you in your sleep.
(d) I think it means he will die.
4. What is described as Junior's grandmother's best dish in the illustration of her in Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice"?
(a) Salmon mush.
(b) Potato salad.
(c) Fry bread.
5. What animal does Junior compare Rowdy to in Chapter 3: "Revenge Is My Middle Name"?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) A tiger.
6. What does Mary say she did yesterday for the first time in her email to Junior in Chapter 13: "My Sister Sends Me an E-mail"?
(a) She rode a horse.
(b) She smoked a cigarette.
(c) She drove a truck.
(d) She waited tables.
7. Who wrote A Tale of Two Cities?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Alexander Pope.
(d) Percy Shelley.
8. What name is printed in the geometry book that Junior receives in class in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
(a) Penelope Smith.
(b) Agnes Adams.
(c) Gordan Anders.
(d) Mary Spirit.
9. Where does Mary say she spent her honeymoon in Chapter 13: "My Sister Sends Me an E-mail"?
(a) Klamath River.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) Flathead Lake.
10. Who stands by Junior's assertion about petrified wood in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
11. What does Junior go dressed as at school in Chapter 11: "Halloween"?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A homeless person.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A tribal shaman.
12. How many teeth does Junior say he developed in Chapter 1: "The Black Eye of the Month Club"?
13. How many times does Junior say he's had to walk the entire way from school to his home in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
14. How much money does Junior's father give him on Halloween night in Chapter 11: "Halloween"?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Five dollars.
15. In the illustration of the White vs. Indian boy in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters," the white boy is depicted wearing what kinds of shoes?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) Canvas tennis shoes from Safeway.
(c) The latest Air Jordans.
(d) Birkenstock sandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fast food restaurant does Junior describe his parents getting chicken from in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
2. Who is Junior's geology teacher at Reardan?
3. What are the three boys dressed up as that rob Junior in Chapter 11: "Halloween"?
4. What is the name of Junior's dog that becomes ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
5. What color bandana does Junior's grandmother wear whenever she visits friends?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)