|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Junior's parents respond when he tells them he wants to transfer to Reardan in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go"?
(a) They tell him he must move away to attend school there.
(b) They begrudgingly agree, but only on the condition that he plays basketball.
(c) They agree to help him transfer.
(d) They refuse to help him transfer.
2. Junior describes his Indian Reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France" as being "one million miles north of" what?
3. How old was Junior when he began wearing eyeglasses?
4. At what hospital were both Junior and Rowdy born?
(a) Kings County Hospital.
(b) Sacred Heart Hospital.
(c) St. Agnes Hospital.
(d) White Horse Hospital.
5. Who wrote A Tale of Two Cities?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Alexander Pope.
(d) Walt Whitman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. P tells Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope," "That's how we were taught to teach you. We were supposed to kill the Indian to save" what?
2. In Junior's illustration of himself in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go," he is buried in sand with only his head exposed. What creatures are crawling on Junior's face in the drawing?
3. What is the response of Junior's parents when he asks them in Chapter 6: "Go Means Go," "Who has the most hope?"
4. How old is Junior when the novel begins?
5. What does Junior's father do when Junior's dog becomes seriously ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)