|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Junior when the novel begins?
2. Why does Mr. P say he deserved to be hit with the book in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
(a) Because he killed his father.
(b) Because he killed his wife.
(c) Because of what he did to the Indians.
(d) Because he was a traitor in the war.
3. What does Junior say his best friend has become at the end of Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His worst enemy.
(d) His dog.
4. What name is printed in the geometry book that Junior receives in class in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
(a) Gordan Anders.
(b) Penelope Smith.
(c) Mary Spirit.
(d) Agnes Adams.
5. How many miles do Junior and Rowdy walk to get to the powwow grounds in Chapter 3: "Revenge Is My Middle Name"?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Junior describes his Indian Reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France" as being "one million miles north of" what?
2. When does Junior's tribe hold their annual powwow celebration at the reservation?
3. What does Mr. P say Mary dreamed of being when she was in school in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
4. What is the one talent that Junior is proud of in the beginning of the novel?
5. Junior describes one week when he was little and his father was pulled over three times in Reardan for "DWI." What does Junior explain "DWI" as meaning?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)