|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Junior's tribe hold their annual powwow celebration at the reservation?
(b) Memorial Day weekend.
(c) Labor Day weekend.
(d) New Year's Eve.
2. What is the name of Junior's dog that becomes ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
3. What is the condition that Junior says he was born with in Chapter 1: "The Black Eye of the Month Club"?
(a) Water on the brain.
(b) A club foot.
(d) A heart defect.
4. What does Mr. P tell Junior he has to do in order to find happiness and hope in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
(a) He has to get married.
(b) He has to leave the reservation.
(c) He has to stay on the reservation.
(d) He has to talk to the elders.
5. Where does Junior say his sister spends twenty-three hours a day in the beginning of the novel?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fast food restaurant does Junior describe his parents getting chicken from in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
2. In Junior's drawing from Chapter 3: "Revenge Is My Middle Name," he compares the powwow dancer to what animal?
3. What animal does Junior compare Rowdy to in Chapter 3: "Revenge Is My Middle Name"?
4. What name is printed in the geometry book that Junior receives in class in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
5. At what hospital were both Junior and Rowdy born?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)