|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25: "In Like a Lion".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one talent that Junior is proud of in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Designing buildings.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Making music.
(d) Drawing cartoons.
2. Junior says in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," that "if God hadn't wanted us to masturbate, then God wouldn't have given us" what?
3. How does Junior portray himself and Rowdy in the cartoon that he draws in Chapter 14: "Thanksgiving"?
(a) As superheroes.
(b) As white kids.
(c) As werewolves.
(d) As vampires.
4. Where does Junior say his sister spends twenty-three hours a day in the beginning of the novel?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) At church.
(d) In the attic.
5. How is Rowdy's father described in the novel?
(a) He is a quiet artist.
(b) He is an abusive alcoholic.
(c) He is an outgoing football coach.
(d) He is a wealthy banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. P tell Junior he has to do in order to find happiness and hope in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
2. How was Eugene killed, according to Junior in Chapter 24: "Valentine Heart"?
3. Where has Mary moved after marrying in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
4. How tall is Mr. P described in the drawing of him in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
5. What does Junior claim petrified wood actually is in his geology class in Chapter 12: "Slouching Toward Thanksgiving"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)