|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one talent that Junior is proud of in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Making music.
(b) Drawing cartoons.
(c) Designing buildings.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. What color bandana does Junior's grandmother wear whenever she goes to powwows?
3. What does Junior's father do when Junior's dog becomes seriously ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
(a) He has the dog euthanized at the vet.
(b) He gives the dog to a neighbor.
(c) He shoots the dog.
(d) He takes the dog to a tribal elder.
4. Who wrote A Tale of Two Cities?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Alexander Pope.
(c) Percy Shelley.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. What is the name of the reservation where Junior's family lives?
(a) The Alturas Rancheria.
(b) The Spokane Indian Reservation.
(c) The Acoma Pueblo and Off-Reservation Trust Land.
(d) The Karuk Indian Reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as Junior's grandmother's best dish in the illustration of her in Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice"?
2. What does Mr. P tell Junior he has to do in order to find happiness and hope in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
3. In Junior's drawing of his sister Mary in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," he compares Mary's appearance to what celebrity?
4. Junior describes his Indian Reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France" as being "one million miles north of" what?
5. What is the name of the school that Junior attends on the reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)