|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one talent that Junior is proud of in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Designing buildings.
(b) Drawing cartoons.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Making music.
2. What is the name of the reservation where Junior's family lives?
(a) The Spokane Indian Reservation.
(b) The Alturas Rancheria.
(c) The Acoma Pueblo and Off-Reservation Trust Land.
(d) The Karuk Indian Reservation.
3. What does Mr. P say Mary dreamed of being when she was in school in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An actress.
(d) A musician.
4. Who wrote A Tale of Two Cities?
(a) Alexander Pope.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Percy Shelley.
5. What was the score last year when Junior's school went to play Reardan in flag football, according to Junior in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is repeated on the image of the flying horse in the clouds in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
2. What is the name of the school that Junior attends on the reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
3. What fast food restaurant does Junior describe his parents getting chicken from in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
4. Mr. P tells Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope," "That's how we were taught to teach you. We were supposed to kill the Indian to save" what?
5. What is described as Junior's grandmother's best dish in the illustration of her in Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)