|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Junior describes his Indian Reservation in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France" as being "one million miles north of" what?
2. What does Rowdy do when Junior reaches out to touch him on the shoulder in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
(a) Rowdy takes out a gun.
(b) Rowdy starts to sing.
(c) Rowdy runs away.
(d) Rowdy punches Junior.
3. What is the name of the reservation where Junior's family lives?
(a) The Spokane Indian Reservation.
(b) The Acoma Pueblo and Off-Reservation Trust Land.
(c) The Karuk Indian Reservation.
(d) The Alturas Rancheria.
4. What color bandana does Junior's grandmother wear whenever she goes to powwows?
5. What is described as Junior's grandmother's best dish in the illustration of her in Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice"?
(b) Fry bread.
(c) Potato salad.
(d) Salmon mush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is printed in the geometry book that Junior receives in class in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
2. Mr. P tells Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope," "That's how we were taught to teach you. We were supposed to kill the Indian to save" what?
3. What fast food restaurant does Junior describe his parents getting chicken from in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
4. What does Junior say his best friend has become at the end of Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
5. What does Mr. P say Mary dreamed of being when she was in school in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)