|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "Grandmother Gives Me Some Advice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the score when the Wellpinit Junior High Academic Bowl played against Reardan Junior High School the previous year, according to Junior in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
2. What is the one talent that Junior is proud of in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Designing buildings.
(b) Making music.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Drawing cartoons.
3. Why does Mr. P say he deserved to be hit with the book in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
(a) Because he killed his father.
(b) Because he killed his wife.
(c) Because of what he did to the Indians.
(d) Because he was a traitor in the war.
4. What does Mr. P say Mary dreamed of being when she was in school in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An actress.
(c) A writer.
(d) A musician.
5. What is the name of Junior's dog that becomes ill in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Mr. P described in the drawing of him in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France"?
2. Junior says that the only paper route on the reservation is owned by a tribal elder named what, in Chapter 2: "Why Chicken Means So Much to Me"?
3. Junior says in Chapter 4: "Because Geometry Is Not a Country Somewhere Near France," that "if God hadn't wanted us to masturbate, then God wouldn't have given us" what?
4. What does Rowdy do when Junior reaches out to touch him on the shoulder in Chapter 7: "Rowdy Sings the Blues"?
5. Mr. P tells Junior in Chapter 5: "Hope Against Hope," "That's how we were taught to teach you. We were supposed to kill the Indian to save" what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)