|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23: "Wake".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disorder does Junior discover that Penelope suffers from in Chapter 15: "Hunger Pains"?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
2. The object that the billionaire white collector presents in Chapter 23: "Wake" is probably of what origin, according to Junior's mother?
(a) Navajo or Klamath.
(b) Cherokee or Paiute.
(c) Sioux or Oglala.
(d) Caddo or Cherokee.
3. In the illustration of the White vs. Indian boy in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters," the white boy is depicted wearing what kinds of shoes?
(a) Canvas tennis shoes from Safeway.
(b) Birkenstock sandals.
(c) The latest Air Jordans.
(d) Cowboy boots.
4. Junior says in Chapter 23: "Wake" that "When it comes to death, [Indians] know that" what "are pretty much the same thing"?
(a) Laughter and tears.
(b) Tears and burial.
(c) Brutality and ignorance.
(d) Loss and Living.
5. What does Penelope say she wants to study in college?
(a) American history.
(d) English literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the rich white guy present to the mourners at the funeral, saying that he believes it belonged to Junior's grandmother in Chapter 23: "Wake"?
2. What is Junior's history class studying in the beginning of Chapter 15: "Hunger Pains"?
3. What is the mascot of Reardan High School?
4. What is the name of the school secretary that greets Junior at Reardan in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"?
5. Who is the pretty blonde girl that introduces herself to Junior in his homeroom class in Chapter 8: "How to Fight Monsters"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)