|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
2. Which U.S. department now has the lead responsibility for problems such as protecting borders, securing transportation and other parts of our critical infrastructure, organizing emergency assistance, and working with the private sector to assess vulnerabilities?
3. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
4. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
5. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the creation of the CIA. How did the Watergate and Pike and Church Committee investigations have a profound effect on the CIA's culture?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the statement, "We have planes"? Who said this? How did this statement set the scene of the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Richard Clarke? Describe his obsession with Osama bin Laden. Was his obsession beneficial and useful to the U.S?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)