|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
2. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
3. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
4. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
5. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has the internet and the World Wide Web helped terrorists execute terrorist plots? How has the internet helped U.S. agencies keep track of such terrorist plots?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "wall" that was placed between the FBI and the CIA before 9/11/2001. How was this "wall" created? How did the "wall" ultimately contribute to the execution of the 9/11 attacks? Has the "wall" since been torn down between the two agencies? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in great detail the major flaws in the emergency response system. How were the first responders ill-prepared for the 9/11 attacks? What changes can be made to help prepare the first responders organize and create a safe rescue for future events?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)