|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
2. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
3. Which WTC building fell first?
4. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
5. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the statement, "We have planes"? Who said this? How did this statement set the scene of the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 2
Detail the indecisiveness and bureaucratic inertia of both the Clinton and Bush Administration. Are both administrations equally responsible for the 9/11 attacks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in great detail the major flaws in the emergency response system. How were the first responders ill-prepared for the 9/11 attacks? What changes can be made to help prepare the first responders organize and create a safe rescue for future events?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)