|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Afghanistan's President?
2. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
3. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
4. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
5. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who declares, "This is a new type of war"? What is this statement in reference to? What is the significance of this statement?
Essay Topic 2
Detail the actions of both Hazmi and Mihdar from their arrival in the United States until 9/11/2001. Was there any point in their stay in the U.S that they could have been captured by the U.S.?
Essay Topic 3
Describe al-Qaeda. What are the objectives of al-Qaeda? Who funds the group? Who leads the group? What are some of al-Qaeda's strengths and weaknesses? How can the U.S. exploit these weaknesses?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)