|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The FDNY initial response began within _____ seconds of the first crash.
2. Who is Afghanistan's President?
3. Who was arrested on August 16, 2001, on immigration charges?
4. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
5. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe al-Qaeda. What are the objectives of al-Qaeda? Who funds the group? Who leads the group? What are some of al-Qaeda's strengths and weaknesses? How can the U.S. exploit these weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
How has the internet and the World Wide Web helped terrorists execute terrorist plots? How has the internet helped U.S. agencies keep track of such terrorist plots?
Essay Topic 3
How has Osama bin Laden taken advantage of using the mass media to communicate his demands to the U.S? In which ways has he used the mass media in the past? Give specific details.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)