|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization has made Afghanistan a test of the Alliance's ability to adapt to current security challenges of the future?
2. What is now the most important security objective of the U.S.?
3. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
4. Threat reports mentioning aircraft were passed to who?
5. __________ is a uniquely implacable ideology that cannot be reasoned with and it must be destroyed and is subscribed to by only a small percentage of Muslims.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the indecisiveness and bureaucratic inertia of both the Clinton and Bush Administration. Are both administrations equally responsible for the 9/11 attacks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the events of United Airlines Flight 175. Where did the plane crash? What were the names of the hijackers on board the aircraft? How did the passengers and flight crew react to the hijacking?
Essay Topic 3
How does one's culture and experience influence a person's perception of a place or region? Give an example from the text.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)