|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
2. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
3. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
4. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
5. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
Essay Topic 1
Detail the indecisiveness and bureaucratic inertia of both the Clinton and Bush Administration. Are both administrations equally responsible for the 9/11 attacks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe al-Qaeda. What are the objectives of al-Qaeda? Who funds the group? Who leads the group? What are some of al-Qaeda's strengths and weaknesses? How can the U.S. exploit these weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
How has Osama bin Laden taken advantage of using the mass media to communicate his demands to the U.S? In which ways has he used the mass media in the past? Give specific details.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)