|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
2. Which country possess nuclear weapons and has come frighteningly close to war with nuclear-armed India over the disputed territory of Kashmir?
3. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
4. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
5. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the arrest of Ahmed Ressam in the late 1999. What information was learned through his arrest? Was this information valuable to understanding the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the creation of the CIA. How did the Watergate and Pike and Church Committee investigations have a profound effect on the CIA's culture?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the events of United Airlines Flight 175. Where did the plane crash? What were the names of the hijackers on board the aircraft? How did the passengers and flight crew react to the hijacking?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)