|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Gestapo"?
2. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
3. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
4. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
5. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. In early August 1999, the FAA's Civil Aviation Security Intelligence office summarized the Bin Laden hijacking threat. Why did the FAA analysts judge such an operation unlikely?
2. From 1998-1999, what scandal was President Clinton embroiled in? What did President Clinton do that seemed to divert attention from this scandal?
3. Why was Bin Laden convinced that America was a "paper tiger" similar to the Soviet Union?
4. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
5. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
6. What is the President of the United States required by law to ensure to the Intelligence Committees?
7. What is FISA and what does it regulate?
8. When was the last time the FAA ordered a nation-wide grounding of all aircraft?
9. What is the TTIC? When was it created, where is it based, who makes up the TTIC, and who do they report to?
10. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the statement, "We have planes"? Who said this? How did this statement set the scene of the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "wall" that was placed between the FBI and the CIA before 9/11/2001. How was this "wall" created? How did the "wall" ultimately contribute to the execution of the 9/11 attacks? Has the "wall" since been torn down between the two agencies? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the events of United Airlines Flight 175. Where did the plane crash? What were the names of the hijackers on board the aircraft? How did the passengers and flight crew react to the hijacking?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)