|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
2. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
3. KSM stated that his hatred of the U.S. stemmed not from his experience there as a student, but from his disagreement with U.S. policy towards the ___________.
4. What is EMPTA?
5. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
2. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
3. What is the President of the United States required by law to ensure to the Intelligence Committees?
4. What three factors worked against successful communication among FDNY personnel?
5. What is the USA PATRIOT Act? When was it created?
6. Describe the bombing attempt on the USS The Sullivans in January 2000.
7. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
8. What is the Proliferation Security Initiative? Who announced the PSI?
9. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
10. Where did President Bush address the nation after the 9/11 attacks? What did he tell the world during this address?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has the internet and the World Wide Web helped terrorists execute terrorist plots? How has the internet helped U.S. agencies keep track of such terrorist plots?
Essay Topic 2
What is a sleeper cell? What are the characteristics of a sleeper cell? Could any of the 9/11 hijackers be classified as a sleeper cell? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the events of United Airlines Flight 175. Where did the plane crash? What were the names of the hijackers on board the aircraft? How did the passengers and flight crew react to the hijacking?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)