|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Indonesian terrorist group that accepted Bin Laden's offer of an alliance with the purpose of waging war against Christians and Jews?
2. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
3. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
4. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. What is EMPTA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the confusion around American Airlines Flight 77?
2. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
3. What was the "Hamburg Group" instructed by Bin Laden to do? What did the "Hamburg Group" end up doing instead? Why did the "Hamburg Group" not do what Bin Laden instructed them to do?
4. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
5. In early August 1999, the FAA's Civil Aviation Security Intelligence office summarized the Bin Laden hijacking threat. Why did the FAA analysts judge such an operation unlikely?
6. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud? How did they succeed in killing Massoud?
7. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
8. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
9. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
10. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can the U.S use the resources and the people it has readily available to achieve unity within the government and their agencies?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Richard Clarke? Describe his obsession with Osama bin Laden. Was his obsession beneficial and useful to the U.S?
Essay Topic 3
What is FISA? How did the FISA requirements cause confusion between U.S government agencies? How could these confusions be avoided in the future?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)