|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
2. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
3. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
4. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
5. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
2. As the year 2000 approached, what were the U.S. citizens concerned with?
3. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
4. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
5. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
6. Give three (3) reasons why there needs to be joint action of intelligent agencies.
7. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
8. What is the President of the United States required by law to ensure to the Intelligence Committees?
9. What did the PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S" state?
10. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in great detail who KSM is and he's involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Is KSM alive today? If so, where is he? If not, how did he die?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the arrest of Ahmed Ressam in the late 1999. What information was learned through his arrest? Was this information valuable to understanding the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in great detail the major flaws in the emergency response system. How were the first responders ill-prepared for the 9/11 attacks? What changes can be made to help prepare the first responders organize and create a safe rescue for future events?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)