Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
4. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
2. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
3. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
4. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
5. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
6. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
7. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
8. How did the State Department plan to end the Afghan Civil War?
9. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
10. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in great detail who KSM is and he's involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Is KSM alive today? If so, where is he? If not, how did he die?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Richard Clarke? Describe his obsession with Osama bin Laden. Was his obsession beneficial and useful to the U.S?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the arrest of Ahmed Ressam in the late 1999. What information was learned through his arrest? Was this information valuable to understanding the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)