|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
2. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
3. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
4. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
5. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. From 1998-1999, what scandal was President Clinton embroiled in? What did President Clinton do that seemed to divert attention from this scandal?
2. As the year 2000 approached, what were the U.S. citizens concerned with?
3. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud? How did they succeed in killing Massoud?
4. Who was President Bush's Vice President? What did the Vice President do on September 14, 2001?
5. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
6. What is the President of the United States required by law to ensure to the Intelligence Committees?
7. Give three (3) reasons why there needs to be joint action of intelligent agencies.
8. What happened in 1996 at two different U.S. embassies in Africa?
9. What was the purpose of the "Political-Military Plan Delenda" and who created it?
10. What three factors worked against successful communication among FDNY personnel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Commission states that they do not know for certain why Hazmi and Mihdhar came to California, why do you suppose they chose California? What could California supply Hazmi and Mihdhar with that another U.S. state could not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in great detail who KSM is and he's involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Is KSM alive today? If so, where is he? If not, how did he die?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the statement, "We have planes"? Who said this? How did this statement set the scene of the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)