|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
2. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
3. What does NORAD stand for?
4. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
5. What is the name of the Indonesian terrorist group that accepted Bin Laden's offer of an alliance with the purpose of waging war against Christians and Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
2. Where did President Bush address the nation after the 9/11 attacks? What did he tell the world during this address?
3. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
4. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
5. What was the "Hamburg Group" instructed by Bin Laden to do? What did the "Hamburg Group" end up doing instead? Why did the "Hamburg Group" not do what Bin Laden instructed them to do?
6. In the spring of 2001, there was a sudden spike in intelligence indicating a heightened risk of a Muslim terrorist attack against U.S. interest. Give an example of what one report stated.
7. Describe the bombing attempt on the USS The Sullivans in January 2000.
8. Who established the "Islamic Army Shura"? Where was the "Islamic Army Shura" established and what was it to serve?
9. From 1998-1999, what scandal was President Clinton embroiled in? What did President Clinton do that seemed to divert attention from this scandal?
10. Who was President Bush's Vice President? What did the Vice President do on September 14, 2001?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does one's culture and experience influence a person's perception of a place or region? Give an example from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "wall" that was placed between the FBI and the CIA before 9/11/2001. How was this "wall" created? How did the "wall" ultimately contribute to the execution of the 9/11 attacks? Has the "wall" since been torn down between the two agencies? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the importance of the 9/11 hijackers use of cross-country flights. Where did the hijackers regularly fly to? How were these destinations useful to the terrorist plot they were planning to execute?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)