|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
2. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
3. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
4. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
5. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
2. From 1998-1999, what scandal was President Clinton embroiled in? What did President Clinton do that seemed to divert attention from this scandal?
3. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
4. Describe the training most of the hijackers received in Afghanistan. Who oversaw these trainings? What techniques did the hijackers learn?
5. What happened in 1996 at two different U.S. embassies in Africa?
6. What was the "Hamburg Group" instructed by Bin Laden to do? What did the "Hamburg Group" end up doing instead? Why did the "Hamburg Group" not do what Bin Laden instructed them to do?
7. What was the standard protocol for a passenger that sets off the metal detectors passing through the screening checkpoints inside the airport prior to 9/11/2001?
8. Give three (3) reasons why there needs to be joint action of intelligent agencies.
9. Who is Lieutenant General William Boykin and what did he tell the Commission in regards to why opportunities were missed to kill Bin Laden?
10. Before 9/11, how was the performance of the FBI measured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the events of United Airlines Flight 175. Where did the plane crash? What were the names of the hijackers on board the aircraft? How did the passengers and flight crew react to the hijacking?
Essay Topic 2
The Commission states that they do not know for certain why Hazmi and Mihdhar came to California, why do you suppose they chose California? What could California supply Hazmi and Mihdhar with that another U.S. state could not?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Richard Clarke? Describe his obsession with Osama bin Laden. Was his obsession beneficial and useful to the U.S?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)