|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
2. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
3. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
4. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
5. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the last time the FAA ordered a nation-wide grounding of all aircraft?
2. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
3. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
4. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
5. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
6. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
7. What was the confusion around American Airlines Flight 77?
8. Describe the bombing attempt on the USS The Sullivans in January 2000.
9. As the year 2000 approached, what were the U.S. citizens concerned with?
10. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in great detail the major flaws in the emergency response system. How were the first responders ill-prepared for the 9/11 attacks? What changes can be made to help prepare the first responders organize and create a safe rescue for future events?
Essay Topic 2
Detail the indecisiveness and bureaucratic inertia of both the Clinton and Bush Administration. Are both administrations equally responsible for the 9/11 attacks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the events of United Airlines Flight 175. Where did the plane crash? What were the names of the hijackers on board the aircraft? How did the passengers and flight crew react to the hijacking?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)