|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FAA stand for?
2. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
3. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
4. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
5. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
2. What was the purpose of the "Political-Military Plan Delenda" and who created it?
3. Who is Lieutenant General William Boykin and what did he tell the Commission in regards to why opportunities were missed to kill Bin Laden?
4. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
5. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
6. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
7. What happened in 1996 at two different U.S. embassies in Africa?
8. When and why was the Counterterrorist Center established?
9. Who was President Bush's Vice President? What did the Vice President do on September 14, 2001?
10. After the Twin Towers were hit, people inside the Towers began calling 9-1-1. What did the 9-1-1 operators advise those inside the buildings to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the actions of both Hazmi and Mihdar from their arrival in the United States until 9/11/2001. Was there any point in their stay in the U.S that they could have been captured by the U.S.?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the arrest of Ahmed Ressam in the late 1999. What information was learned through his arrest? Was this information valuable to understanding the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 3
What is a sleeper cell? What are the characteristics of a sleeper cell? Could any of the 9/11 hijackers be classified as a sleeper cell? Explain.
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)