|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
2. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
3. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
4. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
5. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is FISA and what does it regulate?
2. Who was President Bush's Vice President? What did the Vice President do on September 14, 2001?
3. What is the U.S. VISIT?
4. Describe the training most of the hijackers received in Afghanistan. Who oversaw these trainings? What techniques did the hijackers learn?
5. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
6. Where did President Bush address the nation after the 9/11 attacks? What did he tell the world during this address?
7. What did the PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S" state?
8. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, how did the FBI operate?
9. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
10. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who declares, "This is a new type of war"? What is this statement in reference to? What is the significance of this statement?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the events of United Airlines Flight 175. Where did the plane crash? What were the names of the hijackers on board the aircraft? How did the passengers and flight crew react to the hijacking?
Essay Topic 3
Describe al-Qaeda. What are the objectives of al-Qaeda? Who funds the group? Who leads the group? What are some of al-Qaeda's strengths and weaknesses? How can the U.S. exploit these weaknesses?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)