|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
2. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
3. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
4. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
5. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
2. In Chapter 5, we get a background of the "Hamburg Group" as well as four other jihad extremists. Give a brief synopsis of one of the jihad extremists. What education/course of study did the jihad extremists possess?
3. What is the TTIC? When was it created, where is it based, who makes up the TTIC, and who do they report to?
4. What happened in 1996 at two different U.S. embassies in Africa?
5. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
6. What is FISA and what does it regulate?
7. When and why was the Counterterrorist Center established?
8. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
9. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, how did the FBI operate?
10. What was the purpose of the "Political-Military Plan Delenda" and who created it?
Essay Topic 1
How does one's culture and experience influence a person's perception of a place or region? Give an example from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Who declares, "This is a new type of war"? What is this statement in reference to? What is the significance of this statement?
Essay Topic 3
The Commission states that they do not know for certain why Hazmi and Mihdhar came to California, why do you suppose they chose California? What could California supply Hazmi and Mihdhar with that another U.S. state could not?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)