|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
4. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
2. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
3. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
4. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
5. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
6. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
7. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
8. How did the State Department plan to end the Afghan Civil War?
9. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
10. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the "wall" that was placed between the FBI and the CIA before 9/11/2001. How was this "wall" created? How did the "wall" ultimately contribute to the execution of the 9/11 attacks? Has the "wall" since been torn down between the two agencies? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How does one's culture and experience influence a person's perception of a place or region? Give an example from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in great detail the major flaws in the emergency response system. How were the first responders ill-prepared for the 9/11 attacks? What changes can be made to help prepare the first responders organize and create a safe rescue for future events?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)