|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
2. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
3. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
4. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
5. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
2. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
3. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
4. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
5. Who is Mohammed Salameh and how did he get caught by the FBI?
6. What is the Proliferation Security Initiative? Who announced the PSI?
7. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
8. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
9. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, how did the FBI operate?
10. What did Bin Laden do after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who declares, "This is a new type of war"? What is this statement in reference to? What is the significance of this statement?
Essay Topic 2
Describe al-Qaeda. What are the objectives of al-Qaeda? Who funds the group? Who leads the group? What are some of al-Qaeda's strengths and weaknesses? How can the U.S. exploit these weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the creation of the CIA. How did the Watergate and Pike and Church Committee investigations have a profound effect on the CIA's culture?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)