|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
2. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
3. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
4. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S" state?
2. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
3. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
4. What is NCTC? What problems would this agency solve?
5. What was the confusion around American Airlines Flight 77?
6. Describe the bombing attempt on the USS The Sullivans in January 2000.
7. What was the standard protocol for a passenger that sets off the metal detectors passing through the screening checkpoints inside the airport prior to 9/11/2001?
8. What is the USA PATRIOT Act? When was it created?
9. As the year 2000 approached, what were the U.S. citizens concerned with?
10. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can the U.S use the resources and the people it has readily available to achieve unity within the government and their agencies?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of the 9/11 hijackers use of cross-country flights. Where did the hijackers regularly fly to? How were these destinations useful to the terrorist plot they were planning to execute?
Essay Topic 3
What is FISA? How did the FISA requirements cause confusion between U.S government agencies? How could these confusions be avoided in the future?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)