Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
2. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
3. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
4. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
5. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S" state?
2. Describe the bombing attempt on the USS The Sullivans in January 2000.
3. In the spring of 2001, there was a sudden spike in intelligence indicating a heightened risk of a Muslim terrorist attack against U.S. interest. Give an example of what one report stated.
4. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
5. When and why was the Counterterrorist Center established?
6. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
7. What was the "Hamburg Group" instructed by Bin Laden to do? What did the "Hamburg Group" end up doing instead? Why did the "Hamburg Group" not do what Bin Laden instructed them to do?
8. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
9. Who established the "Islamic Army Shura"? Where was the "Islamic Army Shura" established and what was it to serve?
10. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
Who declares, "This is a new type of war"? What is this statement in reference to? What is the significance of this statement?
Describe in great detail who KSM is and he's involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Is KSM alive today? If so, where is he? If not, how did he die?
Describe in detail the arrest of Ahmed Ressam in the late 1999. What information was learned through his arrest? Was this information valuable to understanding the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)