Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
4. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
2. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
3. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
4. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
5. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
6. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
7. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
8. How did the State Department plan to end the Afghan Civil War?
9. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
10. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in great detail who KSM is and he's involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Is KSM alive today? If so, where is he? If not, how did he die?
Essay Topic 2
Detail the actions of both Hazmi and Mihdar from their arrival in the United States until 9/11/2001. Was there any point in their stay in the U.S that they could have been captured by the U.S.?
Essay Topic 3
Describe al-Qaeda. What are the objectives of al-Qaeda? Who funds the group? Who leads the group? What are some of al-Qaeda's strengths and weaknesses? How can the U.S. exploit these weaknesses?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)