|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
2. What does FAA stand for?
3. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
4. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
5. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give three (3) reasons why there needs to be joint action of intelligent agencies.
2. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
3. What was the purpose of the "Political-Military Plan Delenda" and who created it?
4. Who established the "Islamic Army Shura"? Where was the "Islamic Army Shura" established and what was it to serve?
5. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
6. What is the TTIC? When was it created, where is it based, who makes up the TTIC, and who do they report to?
7. How did the State Department plan to end the Afghan Civil War?
8. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
9. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
10. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Osama bin Laden taken advantage of using the mass media to communicate his demands to the U.S? In which ways has he used the mass media in the past? Give specific details.
Essay Topic 2
How can the U.S use the resources and the people it has readily available to achieve unity within the government and their agencies?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Richard Clarke? Describe his obsession with Osama bin Laden. Was his obsession beneficial and useful to the U.S?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)