|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is CAPPS?
2. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
3. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
4. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
5. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
2. What is the USA PATRIOT Act? When was it created?
3. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
4. In the spring of 2001, there was a sudden spike in intelligence indicating a heightened risk of a Muslim terrorist attack against U.S. interest. Give an example of what one report stated.
5. What was the purpose of the "Political-Military Plan Delenda" and who created it?
6. Who established the "Islamic Army Shura"? Where was the "Islamic Army Shura" established and what was it to serve?
7. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
8. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
9. What did the PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S" state?
10. When and why was the Counterterrorist Center established?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the statement, "We have planes"? Who said this? How did this statement set the scene of the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the creation of the CIA. How did the Watergate and Pike and Church Committee investigations have a profound effect on the CIA's culture?
Essay Topic 3
How does one's culture and experience influence a person's perception of a place or region? Give an example from the text.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)