|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
2. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
3. What is the name of the Indonesian terrorist group that accepted Bin Laden's offer of an alliance with the purpose of waging war against Christians and Jews?
4. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
5. What does ISID stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
2. Describe the training most of the hijackers received in Afghanistan. Who oversaw these trainings? What techniques did the hijackers learn?
3. What is the President of the United States required by law to ensure to the Intelligence Committees?
4. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
5. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
6. Where did President Bush address the nation after the 9/11 attacks? What did he tell the world during this address?
7. What did Bin Laden do after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990?
8. How did the State Department plan to end the Afghan Civil War?
9. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
10. What three factors worked against successful communication among FDNY personnel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the statement, "We have planes"? Who said this? How did this statement set the scene of the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe al-Qaeda. What are the objectives of al-Qaeda? Who funds the group? Who leads the group? What are some of al-Qaeda's strengths and weaknesses? How can the U.S. exploit these weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
How can the U.S use the resources and the people it has readily available to achieve unity within the government and their agencies?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)