|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is EMPTA?
2. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
3. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
4. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
5. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the seven (7) steps the U.S. wanted Pakistan to take in helping the U.S. fight terrorism?
2. Who is Lieutenant General William Boykin and what did he tell the Commission in regards to why opportunities were missed to kill Bin Laden?
3. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
4. Where did President Bush address the nation after the 9/11 attacks? What did he tell the world during this address?
5. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
6. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
7. As the year 2000 approached, what were the U.S. citizens concerned with?
8. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud? How did they succeed in killing Massoud?
9. When and why was the Counterterrorist Center established?
10. Before 9/11, how was the performance of the FBI measured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the arrest of Ahmed Ressam in the late 1999. What information was learned through his arrest? Was this information valuable to understanding the 9/11 attacks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the events of United Airlines Flight 175. Where did the plane crash? What were the names of the hijackers on board the aircraft? How did the passengers and flight crew react to the hijacking?
Essay Topic 3
What is FISA? How did the FISA requirements cause confusion between U.S government agencies? How could these confusions be avoided in the future?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)