|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
2. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
3. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
4. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
5. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was President Bush's Vice President? What did the Vice President do on September 14, 2001?
2. What is the USA PATRIOT Act? When was it created?
3. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
4. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
5. What is NCTC? What problems would this agency solve?
6. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
7. What is the Proliferation Security Initiative? Who announced the PSI?
8. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
9. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
10. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Richard Clarke? Describe his obsession with Osama bin Laden. Was his obsession beneficial and useful to the U.S?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in great detail who KSM is and he's involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Is KSM alive today? If so, where is he? If not, how did he die?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the arrest of Ahmed Ressam in the late 1999. What information was learned through his arrest? Was this information valuable to understanding the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)