|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which U.S. department now has the lead responsibility for problems such as protecting borders, securing transportation and other parts of our critical infrastructure, organizing emergency assistance, and working with the private sector to assess vulnerabilities?
(a) Defense Security Service.
(b) Director of National Intelligence.
(c) Secret Service.
(d) Homeland Security.
2. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
(a) January 1st.
(b) July 4th.
(c) October 31st.
(d) December 25th.
3. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
4. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
(a) The Washington Monument.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Lincoln Memorial.
(d) The Empire State Building.
5. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The President.
(d) The CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
2. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
3. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
4. When was al-Qaeda formed?
5. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)