|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the mayor of New York city in 2001?
(a) David N. Dinkins.
(b) Rudolph Giuliani.
(c) Michael Bloomberg.
(d) George H. W. Bush.
2. Which country is the front of much of the ideology and funding of Islamist terrorism?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
3. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(a) Jemaah Islamiya.
(b) Muslim Brotherhood.
4. What is a WMD?
(a) Washington Military Department.
(b) White House Military Defense.
(c) Weapons of Mass Destruction.
(d) The name of an unmanned drone.
5. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Laughlin Air Force Base.
(c) Offutt Air Force Base.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
2. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
3. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
4. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
5. Which country was the incubator for al-Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)