|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Washington Monument.
2. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
(b) United States.
3. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
4. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
5. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who maintained that al-Qaeda represented "point of the spear of radical Islam"?
2. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
3. Which U.S. department now has the lead responsibility for problems such as protecting borders, securing transportation and other parts of our critical infrastructure, organizing emergency assistance, and working with the private sector to assess vulnerabilities?
4. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
5. As of 2001, how long had Iraq been an enemy of the U.S?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)