|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
2. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(d) Soviet Union.
3. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
(a) The 4 jihadist from Yemen.
(b) The 4 jihadist from Turkey.
(c) The 4 jihadist from Germany.
(d) The 4 jihadist from Russia.
4. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
(a) October 2001.
(b) October 2000.
(c) October 1999.
(d) October 1976.
5. What does ISID stand for?
(a) Immigration Service for Intelligence Directorate.
(b) International Security Immigration Department.
(c) Inter-Security Intelligence Department.
(d) Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
2. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
3. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
4. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
5. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
2. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
3. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, how did the FBI operate?
4. Who is Mohammed Salameh and how did he get caught by the FBI?
5. What is FISA and what does it regulate?
6. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
7. Why was at least one (1) plan for invading Afghanistan with ground troops prior to 9/11 banned?
8. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
9. What was Bin Laden's appeal to the Islamic world based on?
10. Give three (3) reasons why there needs to be joint action of intelligent agencies.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)