|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(a) U.S. military.
(c) Judicial branch.
2. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
(a) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(c) Muslim Brotherhood.
3. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
(a) Colin Powell.
(b) Condoleezza Rice.
(c) Richard Clarke.
(d) Donald Rumsfeld.
4. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
(a) Al-Qaeda operatives.
(b) The Taliban.
(c) U.S. Marines.
(d) Saddam Hussein.
5. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FAA stand for?
2. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
3. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
4. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
5. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the training most of the hijackers received in Afghanistan. Who oversaw these trainings? What techniques did the hijackers learn?
2. What did Bin Laden do after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990?
3. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
4. What is the Proliferation Security Initiative? Who announced the PSI?
5. What is the USA PATRIOT Act? When was it created?
6. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
7. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, how did the FBI operate?
8. Who was President Bush's Vice President? What did the Vice President do on September 14, 2001?
9. Where did President Bush address the nation after the 9/11 attacks? What did he tell the world during this address?
10. When was the last time the FAA ordered a nation-wide grounding of all aircraft?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)