|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
2. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
(b) Ali Atwa.
(c) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
(d) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
3. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
4. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(b) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(c) The "Bojinka Plot".
(d) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
5. What is CAPPS?
(a) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
(b) No fly list.
(c) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
(d) Passenger pre-screening system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
2. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
3. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
4. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
5. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
2. After the Twin Towers were hit, people inside the Towers began calling 9-1-1. What did the 9-1-1 operators advise those inside the buildings to do?
3. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
4. How did the State Department plan to end the Afghan Civil War?
5. What was Bin Laden's appeal to the Islamic world based on?
6. In the spring of 2001, there was a sudden spike in intelligence indicating a heightened risk of a Muslim terrorist attack against U.S. interest. Give an example of what one report stated.
7. Where did President Bush address the nation after the 9/11 attacks? What did he tell the world during this address?
8. What did Bin Laden do after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990?
9. What is the President of the United States required by law to ensure to the Intelligence Committees?
10. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)