|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
(b) Fatah al-Islam.
(c) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Armed Islamic Group.
2. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) CTC & NCTC.
(b) FAA & NORAD.
(c) FAA & CBI.
(d) NORAD & CAPPS.
3. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(b) Judicial branch.
(c) U.S. military.
4. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
5. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By hijacked aircraft.
(b) By truck bombs.
(c) By WMD's.
(d) By gunmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
2. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
3. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
4. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
5. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
2. Why was at least one (1) plan for invading Afghanistan with ground troops prior to 9/11 banned?
3. What did the PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S" state?
4. In the spring of 2001, there was a sudden spike in intelligence indicating a heightened risk of a Muslim terrorist attack against U.S. interest. Give an example of what one report stated.
5. What was the confusion around American Airlines Flight 77?
6. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
7. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
8. In Chapter 5, we get a background of the "Hamburg Group" as well as four other jihad extremists. Give a brief synopsis of one of the jihad extremists. What education/course of study did the jihad extremists possess?
9. What were the seven (7) steps the U.S. wanted Pakistan to take in helping the U.S. fight terrorism?
10. How did the State Department plan to end the Afghan Civil War?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)