|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
2. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
3. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
4. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should convert to Islam.
(b) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
(c) It should reform its decadent culture.
(d) It should abandon the Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
2. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
3. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
4. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
5. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
2. What is the President of the United States required by law to ensure to the Intelligence Committees?
3. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
4. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
5. What was the standard protocol for a passenger that sets off the metal detectors passing through the screening checkpoints inside the airport prior to 9/11/2001?
6. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
7. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
8. When did the Boston Center air traffic controller realize there was a problem with American Airlines Flight 11?
9. What three factors worked against successful communication among FDNY personnel?
10. What happened in 1996 at two different U.S. embassies in Africa?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)