|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Aviation Association.
(b) Federal Aviation Administration.
(c) Federal Airlines Administration.
(d) Federal Airlines Association.
2. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
3. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(d) Military aircrafts.
4. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
(a) Gamal Abdel Nasser.
(b) Mohammed Haydar Zammar.
(c) Hamid Karzai.
(d) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
5. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(b) Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
2. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
3. What is CAPPS?
4. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
5. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
Short Essay Questions
1. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
2. What is the USA PATRIOT Act? When was it created?
3. What is the U.S. VISIT?
4. When and why was the Counterterrorist Center established?
5. Describe the bombing attempt on the USS The Sullivans in January 2000.
6. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
7. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
8. What were the seven (7) steps the U.S. wanted Pakistan to take in helping the U.S. fight terrorism?
9. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
10. In the spring of 2001, there was a sudden spike in intelligence indicating a heightened risk of a Muslim terrorist attack against U.S. interest. Give an example of what one report stated.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)