|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
2. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(b) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
(c) Ali Atwa.
(d) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
3. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
(a) Muslim Brotherhood.
(b) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
4. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
5. What is EMPTA?
(a) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(b) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(c) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(d) Pakistani intelligence department.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
2. What does NORAD stand for?
3. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
4. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
5. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
2. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
3. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
4. What were the seven (7) steps the U.S. wanted Pakistan to take in helping the U.S. fight terrorism?
5. In Chapter 5, we get a background of the "Hamburg Group" as well as four other jihad extremists. Give a brief synopsis of one of the jihad extremists. What education/course of study did the jihad extremists possess?
6. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
7. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
8. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
9. What is the TTIC? When was it created, where is it based, who makes up the TTIC, and who do they report to?
10. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)