|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
2. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
(a) Amir Khan Muttaqi.
(b) Mullah Omar.
(c) Mawlawi Abdul Kabir.
(d) Mullah Mohammad Rabbani.
3. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
(a) Colin Powell.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) Donald Rumsfeld.
(d) Condoleezza Rice.
4. Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) earned a college degree in what subject?
(a) Mechanical engineering.
(d) Computer science.
5. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
Short Answer Questions
1. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
2. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
3. What is "Gestapo"?
4. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was at least one (1) plan for invading Afghanistan with ground troops prior to 9/11 banned?
2. What is the U.S. VISIT?
3. What is FISA and what does it regulate?
4. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
5. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
6. What three factors worked against successful communication among FDNY personnel?
7. What was Bin Laden's appeal to the Islamic world based on?
8. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
9. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud? How did they succeed in killing Massoud?
10. After the Twin Towers were hit, people inside the Towers began calling 9-1-1. What did the 9-1-1 operators advise those inside the buildings to do?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)