|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Inside Mexico.
(b) Inside Canada.
(c) Inside the United States.
(d) Outside the United States.
2. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(b) New England Air Defense Sector.
(c) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
(d) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
3. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(b) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(c) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(d) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
4. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) FAA & NORAD.
(b) NORAD & CAPPS.
(c) FAA & CBI.
(d) CTC & NCTC.
5. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The INS.
(d) The FAA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is EMPTA?
2. What is CAPPS?
3. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
4. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
5. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
2. Before 9/11, how was the performance of the FBI measured?
3. What is the Proliferation Security Initiative? Who announced the PSI?
4. Why was Bin Laden convinced that America was a "paper tiger" similar to the Soviet Union?
5. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
6. What is the USA PATRIOT Act? When was it created?
7. When did the Boston Center air traffic controller realize there was a problem with American Airlines Flight 11?
8. Describe the training most of the hijackers received in Afghanistan. Who oversaw these trainings? What techniques did the hijackers learn?
9. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
10. After the Twin Towers were hit, people inside the Towers began calling 9-1-1. What did the 9-1-1 operators advise those inside the buildings to do?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)