|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
2. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(b) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(c) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(d) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
3. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
4. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
5. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
2. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
3. What was the "Predator"?
4. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
5. What is the name of the Indonesian terrorist group that accepted Bin Laden's offer of an alliance with the purpose of waging war against Christians and Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
2. When was the last time the FAA ordered a nation-wide grounding of all aircraft?
3. Before 9/11, how was the performance of the FBI measured?
4. From 1998-1999, what scandal was President Clinton embroiled in? What did President Clinton do that seemed to divert attention from this scandal?
5. When and why was the Counterterrorist Center established?
6. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
7. What was the "Hamburg Group" instructed by Bin Laden to do? What did the "Hamburg Group" end up doing instead? Why did the "Hamburg Group" not do what Bin Laden instructed them to do?
8. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
9. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
10. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)