|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(c) The Saudis.
2. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) FAA & NORAD.
(b) CTC & NCTC.
(c) FAA & CBI.
(d) NORAD & CAPPS.
3. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
4. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(a) Civil war.
(b) World war.
(d) Armed conflict.
5. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
2. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
3. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
4. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
2. Describe the training most of the hijackers received in Afghanistan. Who oversaw these trainings? What techniques did the hijackers learn?
3. What is the U.S. VISIT?
4. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
5. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
6. What were the seven (7) steps the U.S. wanted Pakistan to take in helping the U.S. fight terrorism?
7. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
8. What is the Proliferation Security Initiative? Who announced the PSI?
9. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
10. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)