|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) The U.N.
(b) The Southern Alliance.
(c) The Northern Alliance.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) First Class.
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
3. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The Vice President.
(b) The U.S Army.
(c) The U.S. Air Force.
(d) The Secretary of Defense.
4. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
5. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
(a) The White House.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) The FAA.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
2. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
3. KSM stated that his hatred of the U.S. stemmed not from his experience there as a student, but from his disagreement with U.S. policy towards the ___________.
4. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
5. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did President Bush address the nation after the 9/11 attacks? What did he tell the world during this address?
2. In early August 1999, the FAA's Civil Aviation Security Intelligence office summarized the Bin Laden hijacking threat. Why did the FAA analysts judge such an operation unlikely?
3. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
4. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
5. What was the confusion around American Airlines Flight 77?
6. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
7. In the spring of 2001, there was a sudden spike in intelligence indicating a heightened risk of a Muslim terrorist attack against U.S. interest. Give an example of what one report stated.
8. When did the Boston Center air traffic controller realize there was a problem with American Airlines Flight 11?
9. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
10. What is the USA PATRIOT Act? When was it created?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)