|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
2. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(b) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(c) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
(d) The "Bojinka Plot".
3. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
4. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
5. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
(a) Colin Powell.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) Donald Rumsfeld.
(d) Condoleezza Rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
2. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
3. What is CAPPS?
4. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
5. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
2. Why was at least one (1) plan for invading Afghanistan with ground troops prior to 9/11 banned?
3. Why was Bin Laden convinced that America was a "paper tiger" similar to the Soviet Union?
4. What was the confusion around American Airlines Flight 77?
5. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
6. Who established the "Islamic Army Shura"? Where was the "Islamic Army Shura" established and what was it to serve?
7. When and why was the Counterterrorist Center established?
8. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
9. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
10. What was the standard protocol for a passenger that sets off the metal detectors passing through the screening checkpoints inside the airport prior to 9/11/2001?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)