|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
2. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
3. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
4. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Aviation Association.
(b) Federal Aviation Administration.
(c) Federal Airlines Administration.
(d) Federal Airlines Association.
5. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
Short Answer Questions
1. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
2. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
3. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
4. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
5. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who established the "Islamic Army Shura"? Where was the "Islamic Army Shura" established and what was it to serve?
2. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
3. In Chapter 5, we get a background of the "Hamburg Group" as well as four other jihad extremists. Give a brief synopsis of one of the jihad extremists. What education/course of study did the jihad extremists possess?
4. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
5. Describe the training most of the hijackers received in Afghanistan. Who oversaw these trainings? What techniques did the hijackers learn?
6. What was the "Hamburg Group" instructed by Bin Laden to do? What did the "Hamburg Group" end up doing instead? Why did the "Hamburg Group" not do what Bin Laden instructed them to do?
7. When was the last time the FAA ordered a nation-wide grounding of all aircraft?
8. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
9. What is NCTC? What problems would this agency solve?
10. Who was President Bush's Vice President? What did the Vice President do on September 14, 2001?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)