|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The U.S.
(d) The U.N.
2. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Educated, middle.
(b) Educated, lower.
(c) Educated, upper.
(d) Uneducated, lower.
3. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Airlines Association.
(b) Federal Airlines Administration.
(c) Federal Aviation Association.
(d) Federal Aviation Administration.
4. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Atomic bomb.
(b) Secret police.
(d) Secret army.
5. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
2. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
3. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
4. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
5. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
2. Who is Mohammed Salameh and how did he get caught by the FBI?
3. After the Twin Towers were hit, people inside the Towers began calling 9-1-1. What did the 9-1-1 operators advise those inside the buildings to do?
4. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
5. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
6. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
7. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
8. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
9. What is the TTIC? When was it created, where is it based, who makes up the TTIC, and who do they report to?
10. When did the Boston Center air traffic controller realize there was a problem with American Airlines Flight 11?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)