|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
2. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Bojinka Plot".
(b) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(c) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(d) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
3. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
4. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
5. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Secret police.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Secret army.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
2. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
3. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
4. What does NORAD stand for?
5. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
2. Why was Bin Laden convinced that America was a "paper tiger" similar to the Soviet Union?
3. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
4. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
5. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud? How did they succeed in killing Massoud?
6. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
7. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
8. What is FISA and what does it regulate?
9. What did the PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S" state?
10. What is NCTC? What problems would this agency solve?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)