|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(d) The Soviet Union.
2. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
(a) International dispute.
(b) Domestic intelligence.
(c) International intelligence.
(d) Domestic dispute.
3. What is EMPTA?
(a) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(b) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(c) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(d) Pakistani intelligence department.
4. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
5. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Ali Atwa.
(b) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(c) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
(d) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
2. What is CAPPS?
3. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
4. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
5. What is "Gestapo"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mohammed Salameh and how did he get caught by the FBI?
2. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
3. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
4. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
5. Why was Bin Laden convinced that America was a "paper tiger" similar to the Soviet Union?
6. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
7. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
8. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud? How did they succeed in killing Massoud?
9. What did Bin Laden do after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990?
10. What was the confusion around American Airlines Flight 77?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)