|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. KSM stated that his hatred of the U.S. stemmed not from his experience there as a student, but from his disagreement with U.S. policy towards the ___________.
2. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
3. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
(a) Abu Nidal Organization.
(b) Armed Islamic Group.
4. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
5. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
2. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
3. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
4. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
5. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
Short Essay Questions
1. What three factors worked against successful communication among FDNY personnel?
2. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, how did the FBI operate?
3. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
4. Why did President Clinton visit Pakistan on March 25, 2000? What did President Clinton want from the Pakistani President?
5. Who was President Bush's Vice President? What did the Vice President do on September 14, 2001?
6. What did Bin Laden do after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990?
7. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
8. As the year 2000 approached, what were the U.S. citizens concerned with?
9. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
10. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud? How did they succeed in killing Massoud?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)