|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Atomic bomb.
(b) Secret army.
(d) Secret police.
2. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Camp Navajo.
(b) Huachuca Farms.
(c) Tarnak Farms.
(d) Pohakuloa Training Area.
3. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
4. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) President Clinton.
(b) President Bush.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
5. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
Short Answer Questions
1. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
2. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
3. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
4. What does NEADS stand for?
5. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
2. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
3. What is the Proliferation Security Initiative? Who announced the PSI?
4. Why was Bin Laden convinced that America was a "paper tiger" similar to the Soviet Union?
5. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
6. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
7. After the Twin Towers were hit, people inside the Towers began calling 9-1-1. What did the 9-1-1 operators advise those inside the buildings to do?
8. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
9. What were the seven (7) steps the U.S. wanted Pakistan to take in helping the U.S. fight terrorism?
10. What is the TTIC? When was it created, where is it based, who makes up the TTIC, and who do they report to?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)