|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Outside the United States.
(b) Inside Mexico.
(c) Inside the United States.
(d) Inside Canada.
2. What is EMPTA?
(a) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(b) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(c) Pakistani intelligence department.
(d) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
3. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By hijacked aircraft.
(b) By gunmen.
(c) By truck bombs.
(d) By WMD's.
4. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(b) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(c) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(d) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
5. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
Short Answer Questions
1. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
2. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
3. When was the CIA created?
4. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
5. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
Short Essay Questions
1. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
2. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
3. What three factors worked against successful communication among FDNY personnel?
4. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
5. Who is Mohammed Salameh and how did he get caught by the FBI?
6. Who established the "Islamic Army Shura"? Where was the "Islamic Army Shura" established and what was it to serve?
7. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
8. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
9. What is the U.S. VISIT?
10. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)