|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
2. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
3. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
4. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(b) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(c) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
(d) New England Air Defense Sector.
5. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) Into the North Tower.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(d) Into the South Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
2. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
3. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
4. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
5. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of the "Political-Military Plan Delenda" and who created it?
2. What three aspects of the anti-terrorist effort were strengthened by January 2000?
3. Give three (3) reasons why there needs to be joint action of intelligent agencies.
4. What is the U.S. VISIT?
5. Describe the training most of the hijackers received in Afghanistan. Who oversaw these trainings? What techniques did the hijackers learn?
6. Describe the bombing attempt on the USS The Sullivans in January 2000.
7. From 1998-1999, what scandal was President Clinton embroiled in? What did President Clinton do that seemed to divert attention from this scandal?
8. What did Bin Laden do after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990?
9. What is NCTC? What problems would this agency solve?
10. Describe the National Intelligence estimate that was distributed in July 1995. What did it warn against?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)