|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The Secretary of Defense.
(b) The U.S. Air Force.
(c) The Vice President.
(d) The U.S Army.
2. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
(a) October 2001.
(b) October 2000.
(c) October 1976.
(d) October 1999.
3. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
4. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The White House.
5. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
(a) Domestic intelligence.
(b) International dispute.
(c) International intelligence.
(d) Domestic dispute.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
2. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
3. What does ISID stand for?
4. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
5. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
2. What type of support did the Afghan resistance and Bin Laden receive?
3. What event gave people inside the WTC the impression that rooftop rescues were part of the WTC evacuation plan?
4. What is NCTC? What problems would this agency solve?
5. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
6. What was the standard protocol for a passenger that sets off the metal detectors passing through the screening checkpoints inside the airport prior to 9/11/2001?
7. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
8. Who is Mohammed Salameh and how did he get caught by the FBI?
9. From 1998-1999, what scandal was President Clinton embroiled in? What did President Clinton do that seemed to divert attention from this scandal?
10. In early August 1999, the FAA's Civil Aviation Security Intelligence office summarized the Bin Laden hijacking threat. Why did the FAA analysts judge such an operation unlikely?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)