|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Bin Laden.
(b) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(c) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(d) Hani Hanjour.
2. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
(b) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(c) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
(d) Ali Atwa.
3. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
4. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
(c) Armed Islamic Group.
(d) Abu Nidal Organization.
5. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(a) Armed conflict.
(b) Civil war.
(d) World war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
2. What does FAA stand for?
3. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
4. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
5. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the standard protocol for a passenger that sets off the metal detectors passing through the screening checkpoints inside the airport prior to 9/11/2001?
2. Describe the bombing attempt on the USS The Sullivans in January 2000.
3. The Commission's investigation showed that there were two systemic weaknesses that came together in our border system's inability to contribute to an effective defense against the 9/11 attacks. Describe these weaknesses.
4. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
5. What is NCTC? What problems would this agency solve?
6. What were the four (4) kinds of failure exposed by the 9/11 attacks?
7. What did Bin Laden do after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990?
8. In Chapter 5, we get a background of the "Hamburg Group" as well as four other jihad extremists. Give a brief synopsis of one of the jihad extremists. What education/course of study did the jihad extremists possess?
9. Give an example of why the existing FAA / NORAD protocol of an aircraft hijacking was unsuited for the events of 9/11/2001.
10. What was the original 9/11 plot made by KSM?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)