|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The U.S.
(d) The U.N.
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) First Class.
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 120 minutes.
4. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
(b) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
(c) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(d) Ali Atwa.
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
2. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
3. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
4. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
5. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did President Clinton not mention Bin Laden or al-Qaeda by name when he spoke to the public about the looming threat of terrorism and WMD's?
2. What are the three (3) basic problems the U.S. has had in its relationship with Pakistan?
3. Describe the Minneapolis FBI investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui. Was the FBI able to connect Moussaoui to al-Qaeda?
4. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
5. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
6. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
7. Why did the 9/11 hijackers travel extensively cross-country in the Spring/Summer of 2001?
8. How did the State Department plan to end the Afghan Civil War?
9. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
10. Where was President Bush when the first aircraft crashed on 9/11/2001? Why was President Bush at this location?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)