|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) First Class.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
(d) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
2. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Aviation Association.
(b) Federal Airlines Association.
(c) Federal Airlines Administration.
(d) Federal Aviation Administration.
3. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
4. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(a) Increased military support.
(c) The moon.
5. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
2. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
3. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
4. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
5. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the three basic functions of the OEM?
2. What was the standard protocol for a passenger that sets off the metal detectors passing through the screening checkpoints inside the airport prior to 9/11/2001?
3. What three factors worked against successful communication among FDNY personnel?
4. Before 9/11, how was the performance of the FBI measured?
5. How would creating an office of National Intelligence Director help the FBI?
6. When did the U.S. government become aware of Bin Laden's involvement in financing terrorist attacks against the U.S interests? What did the State Department detect in his financing?
7. In Chapter 5, we get a background of the "Hamburg Group" as well as four other jihad extremists. Give a brief synopsis of one of the jihad extremists. What education/course of study did the jihad extremists possess?
8. Why did an agent at the FBI's Phoenix office sent a memo to FBI headquarters? What did this memo speculate? Did top officials act on this memo?
9. What were the two classifications of the 9/11 hijackers?
10. Who is considered the mastermind of 9/11/01 and when did he start calling for attacks against America?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)