|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "Enduring Greedom" plan had ______ phases.
2. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
3. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
(a) Jacob Radcliff.
(b) George W. Bush.
(c) Thomas Willett.
(d) Rudolph Giuliani.
4. What is CENTCOM?
(a) Central Command.
(b) A computer profiling system.
(c) An al-Qaeda training camp.
(d) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
5. When was al-Qaeda formed?
6. Who stated, "We're at war"?
(a) Rudolph Giuliani.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) President Bush.
(d) Richard Cheney.
7. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
8. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
(d) New York.
9. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
(a) Zacarias Moussaoui.
(b) Saeed al Ghamdi.
(c) Mohamed Atta.
(d) Khalid al Mihdhar.
10. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
11. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(a) Cold War.
(b) Desert Storm.
12. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
13. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
14. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
(a) July 4th.
(b) December 25th.
(c) October 31st.
(d) January 1st.
15. Which country possess nuclear weapons and has come frighteningly close to war with nuclear-armed India over the disputed territory of Kashmir?
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
2. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
3. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
4. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
5. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)