|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was al-Qaeda formed?
2. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
(a) Boston Post Corridor.
(b) Hudson Post.
(c) Hudson Corridor.
(d) New York Airspace Czar.
3. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
4. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The President.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
5. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
6. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) Paul Wolfowitz.
(b) George Tenet.
(c) President Bush.
(d) Richard Clarke.
7. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(c) Cell phone.
8. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
9. Who is Afghanistan's President?
(a) Hamid Karzai.
(b) Mikheil Saakashvili.
(c) Ilham Aliyev.
(d) Ismail Omar Guelleh.
10. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
(a) December 25th.
(b) January 1st.
(c) July 4th.
(d) October 31st.
11. A systematic approach to investigating possible surprise attacks has existed within the intelligence community since the ______ ______ attack of 1941.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) African Embassy.
(c) Cold War.
(d) U.S.S. Cole.
12. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
13. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
14. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
(a) The fire department.
(b) The military.
(c) The police department.
(d) The emergency medical service.
15. What is a WMD?
(a) Washington Military Department.
(b) Weapons of Mass Destruction.
(c) The name of an unmanned drone.
(d) White House Military Defense.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
2. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
3. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
4. The U.N. has rightly equated "literacy as ________."
5. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)