|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
(a) Refugee Resettlement.
(b) Census Bureau.
(c) United Nations.
(d) Soviet Union.
2. Who was never fully engaged in countering al-Qaeda before 9/11?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(c) The Department of Defense.
(d) The FAA.
3. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
4. Which country was the incubator for al-Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
5. What is a WMD?
(a) Weapons of Mass Destruction.
(b) White House Military Defense.
(c) Washington Military Department.
(d) The name of an unmanned drone.
6. Who stated, "We're at war"?
(a) President Bush.
(b) Rudolph Giuliani.
(c) Richard Cheney.
(d) Richard Clarke.
7. Which country is the front of much of the ideology and funding of Islamist terrorism?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
8. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
9. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
(c) New York.
10. As of 2001, how long had Iraq been an enemy of the U.S?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 25 years.
11. The FBI conducted approximately ________ full field investigations related to Bin Laden in 2001.
12. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(b) Desert Storm.
(c) Cold War.
13. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
14. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The Washington Monument.
(d) The White House.
15. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
2. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
3. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
4. Which organization has made Afghanistan a test of the Alliance's ability to adapt to current security challenges of the future?
5. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)