|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stated, "We're at war"?
(a) Richard Cheney.
(b) President Bush.
(c) Richard Clarke.
(d) Rudolph Giuliani.
2. Which U.S. department now has the lead responsibility for problems such as protecting borders, securing transportation and other parts of our critical infrastructure, organizing emergency assistance, and working with the private sector to assess vulnerabilities?
(a) Secret Service.
(b) Director of National Intelligence.
(c) Homeland Security.
(d) Defense Security Service.
3. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
4. What is CENTCOM?
(a) An al-Qaeda training camp.
(b) A computer profiling system.
(c) Central Command.
(d) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
5. The "Enduring Greedom" plan had ______ phases.
6. The FDNY initial response began within _____ seconds of the first crash.
7. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
(a) The military.
(b) The fire department.
(c) The emergency medical service.
(d) The police department.
8. What is another name for the analysis from the enemy's perspective?
(a) "Orange Team" analysis.
(b) "Red Team" analysis.
(c) "Blue Team" analysis.
(d) "Black Team" analysis.
9. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
(a) Rudolph Giuliani.
(b) Jacob Radcliff.
(c) Thomas Willett.
(d) George W. Bush.
10. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(b) Czech Republic.
(c) The U.S.
11. Which organization has made Afghanistan a test of the Alliance's ability to adapt to current security challenges of the future?
12. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(a) Jemaah Islamiya.
(c) Muslim Brotherhood.
13. Who was the mayor of New York city in 2001?
(a) George H. W. Bush.
(b) Rudolph Giuliani.
(c) Michael Bloomberg.
(d) David N. Dinkins.
14. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
(a) The President's Sensitive Intelligence Meeting.
(b) The President's Daily News.
(c) The Sensitive Intelligence Meeting for the President.
(d) The President's Daily Brief.
15. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
2. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
3. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
4. Who maintained that al-Qaeda represented "point of the spear of radical Islam"?
5. __________ is a uniquely implacable ideology that cannot be reasoned with and it must be destroyed and is subscribed to by only a small percentage of Muslims.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)