|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 2001, how long had Iraq been an enemy of the U.S?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. What is a WMD?
(a) Weapons of Mass Destruction.
(b) White House Military Defense.
(c) The name of an unmanned drone.
(d) Washington Military Department.
3. The "Enduring Greedom" plan had ______ phases.
4. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
5. How much time elapsed between the collapse of the first building and the collapse of the second building?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 29 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
6. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
(a) Ahmed al Nami.
(b) Nawaf al Hazmi.
(c) Majed Moqed.
(d) Khalid al Mihdhar.
7. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
(a) Mohamed Atta.
(b) Zacarias Moussaoui.
(c) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(d) Saeed al Ghamdi.
8. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
9. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
(a) The President's Daily Brief.
(b) The Sensitive Intelligence Meeting for the President.
(c) The President's Sensitive Intelligence Meeting.
(d) The President's Daily News.
10. Who was the lead agency dealing with al-Qaeda?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The Department of Defense.
(d) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
11. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(c) Cold War.
(d) Desert Storm.
12. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
13. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
(b) The U.S.
(c) Czech Republic.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
14. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
15. What is INS?
(a) Information for National Security.
(b) Immigrant and Natural Selection.
(c) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(d) Inter-American Nations Security.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mayor of New York city in 2001?
2. What is now the most important security objective of the U.S.?
3. What is another name for the analysis from the enemy's perspective?
4. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
5. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)