|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
2. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
3. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
4. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Ahmed al Nami.
(c) Majed Moqed.
(d) Nawaf al Hazmi.
5. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
6. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
(b) Southeast Asia.
7. Threat reports mentioning aircraft were passed to who?
(b) The FCC.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The FAA.
8. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
9. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
10. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
(a) The President's Daily News.
(b) The President's Daily Brief.
(c) The President's Sensitive Intelligence Meeting.
(d) The Sensitive Intelligence Meeting for the President.
11. What is another name for the analysis from the enemy's perspective?
(a) "Red Team" analysis.
(b) "Orange Team" analysis.
(c) "Black Team" analysis.
(d) "Blue Team" analysis.
12. What is the name of the CSGs foreign emergency response teams?
13. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
14. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
15. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country was the incubator for al-Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks?
2. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
3. Who was the lead agency dealing with al-Qaeda?
4. Who stated, "We're at war"?
5. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)