|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country possess nuclear weapons and has come frighteningly close to war with nuclear-armed India over the disputed territory of Kashmir?
2. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
(a) Hudson Corridor.
(b) Boston Post Corridor.
(c) New York Airspace Czar.
(d) Hudson Post.
3. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
4. What is another name for the analysis from the enemy's perspective?
(a) "Orange Team" analysis.
(b) "Red Team" analysis.
(c) "Blue Team" analysis.
(d) "Black Team" analysis.
5. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(a) Desert Storm.
(c) Cold War.
6. What is now the most important security objective of the U.S.?
(a) Drug smuggling.
(b) Border patrol.
(c) Countering terrorism.
(d) Satellite surveillance.
7. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
(a) July 4th.
(b) January 1st.
(c) October 31st.
(d) December 25th.
8. Which organization has made Afghanistan a test of the Alliance's ability to adapt to current security challenges of the future?
9. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
(a) United States.
10. The FBI conducted approximately ________ full field investigations related to Bin Laden in 2001.
11. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The BEA.
(d) The FBI.
12. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
(c) New York.
13. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
14. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
(a) Offutt Air Force Base.
(b) New York.
(c) Laughlin Air Force Base.
(d) Washington, DC.
15. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
(a) The fire department.
(b) The military.
(c) The emergency medical service.
(d) The police department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
2. A systematic approach to investigating possible surprise attacks has existed within the intelligence community since the ______ ______ attack of 1941.
3. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
4. Which country is the front of much of the ideology and funding of Islamist terrorism?
5. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)