|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was al-Qaeda formed?
2. The U.N. has rightly equated "literacy as ________."
3. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
(a) The President's Sensitive Intelligence Meeting.
(b) The President's Daily Brief.
(c) The Sensitive Intelligence Meeting for the President.
(d) The President's Daily News.
4. What is another name for the analysis from the enemy's perspective?
(a) "Black Team" analysis.
(b) "Blue Team" analysis.
(c) "Red Team" analysis.
(d) "Orange Team" analysis.
5. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
6. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
7. What is INS?
(a) Information for National Security.
(b) Immigrant and Natural Selection.
(c) Inter-American Nations Security.
(d) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
8. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
9. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
10. Which country possess nuclear weapons and has come frighteningly close to war with nuclear-armed India over the disputed territory of Kashmir?
11. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Lincoln Memorial.
(d) The Washington Monument.
12. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
13. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
14. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
(a) Jacob Radcliff.
(b) Rudolph Giuliani.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) Thomas Willett.
15. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
Short Answer Questions
1. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
2. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
3. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
4. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
5. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)