|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
2. Who stated, "We're at war"?
(a) President Bush.
(b) Richard Cheney.
(c) Rudolph Giuliani.
(d) Richard Clarke.
3. What is CENTCOM?
(a) A computer profiling system.
(b) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
(c) Central Command.
(d) An al-Qaeda training camp.
4. The FDNY initial response began within _____ seconds of the first crash.
5. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
6. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
(a) The police department.
(b) The fire department.
(c) The emergency medical service.
(d) The military.
7. What is INS?
(a) Inter-American Nations Security.
(b) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(c) Information for National Security.
(d) Immigrant and Natural Selection.
8. What is now the most important security objective of the U.S.?
(a) Satellite surveillance.
(b) Countering terrorism.
(c) Border patrol.
(d) Drug smuggling.
9. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
10. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
(a) Jacob Radcliff.
(b) George W. Bush.
(c) Thomas Willett.
(d) Rudolph Giuliani.
11. Who maintained that al-Qaeda represented "point of the spear of radical Islam"?
(a) Richard Clarke.
(b) Colin Powell.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) President Bush.
12. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
(a) July 4th.
(b) October 31st.
(c) January 1st.
(d) December 25th.
13. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
14. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
(a) Majed Moqed.
(b) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(c) Ahmed al Nami.
(d) Nawaf al Hazmi.
15. What is a WMD?
(a) Washington Military Department.
(b) The name of an unmanned drone.
(c) Weapons of Mass Destruction.
(d) White House Military Defense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Afghanistan's President?
2. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
3. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
4. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
5. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)