|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
2. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
3. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
(a) The police department.
(b) The military.
(c) The emergency medical service.
(d) The fire department.
4. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
(a) Rudolph Giuliani.
(b) Jacob Radcliff.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) Thomas Willett.
5. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
(a) Hudson Corridor.
(b) New York Airspace Czar.
(c) Boston Post Corridor.
(d) Hudson Post.
6. How much time elapsed between the collapse of the first building and the collapse of the second building?
(a) 29 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
7. Who is Afghanistan's President?
(a) Ilham Aliyev.
(b) Mikheil Saakashvili.
(c) Ismail Omar Guelleh.
(d) Hamid Karzai.
8. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(b) Jemaah Islamiya.
(d) Muslim Brotherhood.
9. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
10. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) Richard Clarke.
(b) President Bush.
(c) Paul Wolfowitz.
(d) George Tenet.
11. Which organization has made Afghanistan a test of the Alliance's ability to adapt to current security challenges of the future?
12. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Empire State Building.
13. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
(a) Majed Moqed.
(b) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(c) Nawaf al Hazmi.
(d) Ahmed al Nami.
14. Which WTC building fell first?
(a) Building 2.
(b) Building 3.
(c) Building 1.
(d) Building 7.
15. A systematic approach to investigating possible surprise attacks has existed within the intelligence community since the ______ ______ attack of 1941.
(a) Cold War.
(b) African Embassy.
(c) U.S.S. Cole.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
2. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
3. What is CENTCOM?
4. Who was never fully engaged in countering al-Qaeda before 9/11?
5. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)