|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
(c) Southeast Asia.
2. Which country is the front of much of the ideology and funding of Islamist terrorism?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. __________ is a uniquely implacable ideology that cannot be reasoned with and it must be destroyed and is subscribed to by only a small percentage of Muslims.
4. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
5. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
6. What is the name of the CSGs foreign emergency response teams?
7. How much time elapsed between the collapse of the first building and the collapse of the second building?
(a) 29 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
8. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The Statue of Liberty.
(c) The Capitol.
(d) The White House.
9. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
(a) Soviet Union.
(b) Refugee Resettlement.
(c) United Nations.
(d) Census Bureau.
10. Which WTC building fell first?
(a) Building 2.
(b) Building 1.
(c) Building 7.
(d) Building 3.
11. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
12. Who was arrested on August 16, 2001, on immigration charges?
(a) Mohamed Atta.
(b) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(c) Zacarious Moussaoui.
(d) Ahmed al Ghamdi.
13. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) Richard Clarke.
(b) President Bush.
(c) George Tenet.
(d) Paul Wolfowitz.
14. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
(a) Inter-American Foundation.
(b) War council.
(c) Chief Information Officers Council.
(d) Chief Acquisition Officers Council.
15. What is another name for the analysis from the enemy's perspective?
(a) "Orange Team" analysis.
(b) "Black Team" analysis.
(c) "Blue Team" analysis.
(d) "Red Team" analysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
2. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
3. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
4. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
5. Who maintained that al-Qaeda represented "point of the spear of radical Islam"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)