|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country is the front of much of the ideology and funding of Islamist terrorism?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
(a) The President's Sensitive Intelligence Meeting.
(b) The President's Daily Brief.
(c) The Sensitive Intelligence Meeting for the President.
(d) The President's Daily News.
3. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
4. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
5. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
6. What is another name for the analysis from the enemy's perspective?
(a) "Blue Team" analysis.
(b) "Black Team" analysis.
(c) "Red Team" analysis.
(d) "Orange Team" analysis.
7. What is now the most important security objective of the U.S.?
(a) Countering terrorism.
(b) Drug smuggling.
(c) Satellite surveillance.
(d) Border patrol.
8. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(a) Jemaah Islamiya.
(b) Muslim Brotherhood.
9. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
10. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
11. Who stated, "We're at war"?
(a) Richard Cheney.
(b) President Bush.
(c) Richard Clarke.
(d) Rudolph Giuliani.
12. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
13. What is a WMD?
(a) The name of an unmanned drone.
(b) Washington Military Department.
(c) White House Military Defense.
(d) Weapons of Mass Destruction.
14. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
15. Who was never fully engaged in countering al-Qaeda before 9/11?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(c) The Department of Defense.
(d) The CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country was the incubator for al-Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks?
2. What is INS?
3. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
4. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
5. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)