|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
2. How much time elapsed between the collapse of the first building and the collapse of the second building?
(a) 29 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
3. __________ is a uniquely implacable ideology that cannot be reasoned with and it must be destroyed and is subscribed to by only a small percentage of Muslims.
4. Which country possess nuclear weapons and has come frighteningly close to war with nuclear-armed India over the disputed territory of Kashmir?
5. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
(a) October 31st.
(b) January 1st.
(c) July 4th.
(d) December 25th.
6. What is CENTCOM?
(a) Central Command.
(b) An al-Qaeda training camp.
(c) A computer profiling system.
(d) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
7. Who maintained that al-Qaeda represented "point of the spear of radical Islam"?
(a) Colin Powell.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) President Bush.
(d) Al Gore.
8. The U.N. has rightly equated "literacy as ________."
9. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
10. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(a) Cell phone.
11. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
12. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
(b) New York.
13. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
14. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
(a) United States.
15. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(c) Jemaah Islamiya.
(d) Muslim Brotherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
2. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
3. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
4. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
5. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)