|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was never fully engaged in countering al-Qaeda before 9/11?
(a) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FAA.
(d) The Department of Defense.
2. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(a) Desert Storm.
(b) Cold War.
3. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
4. What is the name of the CSGs foreign emergency response teams?
5. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
(a) New York Airspace Czar.
(b) Boston Post Corridor.
(c) Hudson Post.
(d) Hudson Corridor.
6. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
7. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
8. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
9. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
10. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
(a) The President's Daily Brief.
(b) The President's Sensitive Intelligence Meeting.
(c) The Sensitive Intelligence Meeting for the President.
(d) The President's Daily News.
11. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
12. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
(a) War council.
(b) Chief Information Officers Council.
(c) Inter-American Foundation.
(d) Chief Acquisition Officers Council.
13. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) George Tenet.
(b) President Bush.
(c) Paul Wolfowitz.
(d) Richard Clarke.
14. How much time elapsed between the collapse of the first building and the collapse of the second building?
(a) 29 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
15. Which country was the incubator for al-Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who maintained that al-Qaeda represented "point of the spear of radical Islam"?
2. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
3. Who stated, "We're at war"?
4. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
5. Who was the lead agency dealing with al-Qaeda?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)