|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was never fully engaged in countering al-Qaeda before 9/11?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Department of Defense.
2. Threat reports mentioning aircraft were passed to who?
(a) The FCC.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The FAA.
3. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
(a) Saeed al Ghamdi.
(b) Mohamed Atta.
(c) Zacarias Moussaoui.
(d) Khalid al Mihdhar.
4. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(a) Cell phone.
5. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) The Capitol.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Empire State Building.
6. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Ahmed al Nami.
(c) Majed Moqed.
(d) Nawaf al Hazmi.
7. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
8. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
9. How much time elapsed between the collapse of the first building and the collapse of the second building?
(a) 29 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
10. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The President.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The FAA.
11. Which country possess nuclear weapons and has come frighteningly close to war with nuclear-armed India over the disputed territory of Kashmir?
12. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
(d) New York.
13. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
14. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
15. What is the name of the CSGs foreign emergency response teams?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
2. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
3. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
4. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
5. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)