|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
2. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
3. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
4. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
5. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The BEA.
(d) The FAA.
6. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
(b) Southeast Asia.
7. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
(a) Chief Acquisition Officers Council.
(b) Chief Information Officers Council.
(c) Inter-American Foundation.
(d) War council.
8. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
9. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
10. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
11. Which country was the incubator for al-Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
12. A systematic approach to investigating possible surprise attacks has existed within the intelligence community since the ______ ______ attack of 1941.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) African Embassy.
(c) Cold War.
(d) U.S.S. Cole.
13. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(b) Cell phone.
14. Which WTC building fell first?
(a) Building 3.
(b) Building 1.
(c) Building 7.
(d) Building 2.
15. As of 2001, how long had Iraq been an enemy of the U.S?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 100 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
2. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
3. When was al-Qaeda formed?
4. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
5. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)