|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was al-Qaeda formed?
2. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
3. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
4. What is CENTCOM?
(a) A computer profiling system.
(b) An al-Qaeda training camp.
(c) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
(d) Central Command.
5. What is INS?
(a) Immigrant and Natural Selection.
(b) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(c) Information for National Security.
(d) Inter-American Nations Security.
6. __________ is a uniquely implacable ideology that cannot be reasoned with and it must be destroyed and is subscribed to by only a small percentage of Muslims.
7. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
8. Which country possess nuclear weapons and has come frighteningly close to war with nuclear-armed India over the disputed territory of Kashmir?
9. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(b) Cold War.
(d) Desert Storm.
10. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(a) Cell phone.
11. Who was the mayor of New York city in 2001?
(a) Michael Bloomberg.
(b) Rudolph Giuliani.
(c) George H. W. Bush.
(d) David N. Dinkins.
12. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
13. Which country was the incubator for al-Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
14. The "Enduring Greedom" plan had ______ phases.
15. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
(a) The BEA.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The FAA.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
2. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
3. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
4. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
5. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)