|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
2. A systematic approach to investigating possible surprise attacks has existed within the intelligence community since the ______ ______ attack of 1941.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Cold War.
(c) U.S.S. Cole.
(d) African Embassy.
3. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
(a) Chief Information Officers Council.
(b) War council.
(c) Inter-American Foundation.
(d) Chief Acquisition Officers Council.
4. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The President.
(d) The CIA.
5. Who stated, "We're at war"?
(a) Rudolph Giuliani.
(b) President Bush.
(c) Richard Clarke.
(d) Richard Cheney.
6. When was al-Qaeda formed?
7. Threat reports mentioning aircraft were passed to who?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The FBI.
(d) The FCC.
8. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
9. What is INS?
(a) Inter-American Nations Security.
(b) Information for National Security.
(c) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(d) Immigrant and Natural Selection.
10. The "Enduring Greedom" plan had ______ phases.
11. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) The Statue of Liberty.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Empire State Building.
12. What is the name of the CSGs foreign emergency response teams?
13. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
14. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
15. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
Short Answer Questions
1. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
2. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
3. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
4. What is a WMD?
5. What is now the most important security objective of the U.S.?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)