|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
2. Who was the lead agency dealing with al-Qaeda?
(a) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FAA.
(d) The Department of Defense.
3. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) Laughlin Air Force Base.
(d) Offutt Air Force Base.
4. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
5. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
6. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
(a) The police department.
(b) The military.
(c) The emergency medical service.
(d) The fire department.
7. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
8. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(d) Cell phone.
9. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
10. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
11. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
12. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
13. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The BEA.
(d) The FBI.
14. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
15. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
(a) Hudson Corridor.
(b) New York Airspace Czar.
(c) Hudson Post.
(d) Boston Post Corridor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Afghanistan's President?
2. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
3. Who stated, "We're at war"?
4. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
5. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)