|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
(b) United States.
3. What is the name of the CSGs foreign emergency response teams?
4. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
5. Who is Afghanistan's President?
(a) Ismail Omar Guelleh.
(b) Hamid Karzai.
(c) Ilham Aliyev.
(d) Mikheil Saakashvili.
6. When did construction begin on the WTC complex?
7. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) Paul Wolfowitz.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) George Tenet.
(d) President Bush.
8. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(b) Cold War.
(d) Desert Storm.
9. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
(a) Czech Republic.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
(d) The U.S.
10. Which WTC building fell first?
(a) Building 3.
(b) Building 1.
(c) Building 2.
(d) Building 7.
11. __________ is a uniquely implacable ideology that cannot be reasoned with and it must be destroyed and is subscribed to by only a small percentage of Muslims.
12. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
13. What is CENTCOM?
(a) A computer profiling system.
(b) Central Command.
(c) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
(d) An al-Qaeda training camp.
14. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
(c) Southeast Asia.
15. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
(a) Laughlin Air Force Base.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) Offutt Air Force Base.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization has made Afghanistan a test of the Alliance's ability to adapt to current security challenges of the future?
2. As of 2001, how long had Iraq been an enemy of the U.S?
3. Which country was the incubator for al-Qaeda and for the 9/11 attacks?
4. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
5. Who was the lead agency dealing with al-Qaeda?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)