|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
2. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(a) Jemaah Islamiya.
(d) Muslim Brotherhood.
3. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
4. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
(a) United Nations.
(b) Census Bureau.
(c) Soviet Union.
(d) Refugee Resettlement.
5. What is the name of the CSGs foreign emergency response teams?
6. A systematic approach to investigating possible surprise attacks has existed within the intelligence community since the ______ ______ attack of 1941.
(a) Cold War.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) U.S.S. Cole.
(d) African Embassy.
7. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
(c) New York.
8. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
9. Who is Afghanistan's President?
(a) Hamid Karzai.
(b) Ismail Omar Guelleh.
(c) Ilham Aliyev.
(d) Mikheil Saakashvili.
10. Who was never fully engaged in countering al-Qaeda before 9/11?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(c) The Department of Defense.
(d) The FAA.
11. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(b) Desert Storm.
(d) Cold War.
12. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Majed Moqed.
(c) Ahmed al Nami.
(d) Nawaf al Hazmi.
13. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(c) Cell phone.
14. What is CENTCOM?
(a) Central Command.
(b) A computer profiling system.
(c) An al-Qaeda training camp.
(d) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
15. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "Enduring Greedom" plan had ______ phases.
2. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
3. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
4. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
5. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)