|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Laughlin Air Force Base.
(c) Offutt Air Force Base.
(d) New York.
2. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
3. What is INS?
(a) Information for National Security.
(b) Inter-American Nations Security.
(c) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(d) Immigrant and Natural Selection.
4. Who was the lead agency dealing with al-Qaeda?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The Department of Defense.
(c) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(d) The CIA.
5. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
6. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
(b) Czech Republic.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
(d) The U.S.
7. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The President.
(d) The CIA.
8. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
9. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
10. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
11. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The Capitol.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
12. What is a WMD?
(a) Weapons of Mass Destruction.
(b) Washington Military Department.
(c) White House Military Defense.
(d) The name of an unmanned drone.
13. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) Paul Wolfowitz.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) President Bush.
(d) George Tenet.
14. The FBI conducted approximately ________ full field investigations related to Bin Laden in 2001.
15. Which country has been a problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
2. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
3. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
4. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
5. Which country possess nuclear weapons and has come frighteningly close to war with nuclear-armed India over the disputed territory of Kashmir?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)