|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is a uniquely implacable ideology that cannot be reasoned with and it must be destroyed and is subscribed to by only a small percentage of Muslims.
2. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
3. Who was arrested on August 16, 2001, on immigration charges?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Mohamed Atta.
(c) Zacarious Moussaoui.
(d) Ahmed al Ghamdi.
4. When was al-Qaeda formed?
5. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
6. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Lincoln Memorial.
(d) The Washington Monument.
7. What is CENTCOM?
(a) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
(b) A computer profiling system.
(c) An al-Qaeda training camp.
(d) Central Command.
8. Who stated, "We're at war"?
(a) President Bush.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) Rudolph Giuliani.
(d) Richard Cheney.
9. Which U.S. department now has the lead responsibility for problems such as protecting borders, securing transportation and other parts of our critical infrastructure, organizing emergency assistance, and working with the private sector to assess vulnerabilities?
(a) Director of National Intelligence.
(b) Defense Security Service.
(c) Secret Service.
(d) Homeland Security.
10. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
(a) Southeast Asia.
11. Who created the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management?
(a) Jacob Radcliff.
(b) George W. Bush.
(c) Thomas Willett.
(d) Rudolph Giuliani.
12. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
(a) Nawaf al Hazmi.
(b) Ahmed al Nami.
(c) Majed Moqed.
(d) Khalid al Mihdhar.
13. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
14. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The President.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FAA.
15. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(b) Muslim Brotherhood.
(c) Jemaah Islamiya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country is the front of much of the ideology and funding of Islamist terrorism?
2. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
3. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
4. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
5. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)