|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
2. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(a) Cell phone.
3. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
4. Which U.S. department now has the lead responsibility for problems such as protecting borders, securing transportation and other parts of our critical infrastructure, organizing emergency assistance, and working with the private sector to assess vulnerabilities?
(a) Defense Security Service.
(b) Homeland Security.
(c) Secret Service.
(d) Director of National Intelligence.
5. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Washington Monument.
(d) The Empire State Building.
6. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
(a) The fire department.
(b) The police department.
(c) The emergency medical service.
(d) The military.
7. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(b) Muslim Brotherhood.
(d) Jemaah Islamiya.
8. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
9. Where did the first two hijackers arrive in the U.S.?
(d) New York.
10. As of 2001, how long had Iraq been an enemy of the U.S?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 100 years.
11. Who was the mayor of New York city in 2001?
(a) David N. Dinkins.
(b) Michael Bloomberg.
(c) George H. W. Bush.
(d) Rudolph Giuliani.
12. Who was never fully engaged in countering al-Qaeda before 9/11?
(a) The Department of Defense.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(d) The FAA.
13. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
14. Which organization has made Afghanistan a test of the Alliance's ability to adapt to current security challenges of the future?
15. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who maintained that al-Qaeda represented "point of the spear of radical Islam"?
2. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
3. What is a WMD?
4. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
5. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)