|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was never fully engaged in countering al-Qaeda before 9/11?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(d) The Department of Defense.
2. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
3. __________ is a uniquely implacable ideology that cannot be reasoned with and it must be destroyed and is subscribed to by only a small percentage of Muslims.
4. What is the name of the CSGs foreign emergency response teams?
5. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
6. What is another name for the analysis from the enemy's perspective?
(a) "Blue Team" analysis.
(b) "Orange Team" analysis.
(c) "Black Team" analysis.
(d) "Red Team" analysis.
7. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
(a) New York Airspace Czar.
(b) Hudson Post.
(c) Hudson Corridor.
(d) Boston Post Corridor.
8. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
9. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) George Tenet.
(b) Paul Wolfowitz.
(c) Richard Clarke.
(d) President Bush.
10. How many stories high were the Twin Towers?
11. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
12. Al-Qaeda exploited relatively lax internal security environments in Western countries, especially __________.
(d) United States.
13. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
14. How much time elapsed between the collapse of the first building and the collapse of the second building?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 29 minutes.
15. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(c) Desert Storm.
(d) Cold War.
Short Answer Questions
1. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
2. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
3. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
4. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
5. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)