|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
2. Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) earned a college degree in what subject?
(b) Computer science.
(d) Mechanical engineering.
3. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
4. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
5. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
6. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Airlines Association.
(b) Federal Aviation Administration.
(c) Federal Airlines Administration.
(d) Federal Aviation Association.
7. What is the name of the Indonesian terrorist group that accepted Bin Laden's offer of an alliance with the purpose of waging war against Christians and Jews?
(a) Muslim Brotherhood.
(b) Islamic Army of Aden.
(c) Jemaah Islamiah.
(d) Baader-Meinhof Group.
8. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(b) Soviet Union.
9. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into the North Tower.
(b) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(c) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(d) Crashed into the South Tower.
10. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
11. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
(a) The 4 jihadist from Germany.
(b) The 4 jihadist from Turkey.
(c) The 4 jihadist from Russia.
(d) The 4 jihadist from Yemen.
12. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
13. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
(a) October 1976.
(b) October 2001.
(c) October 2000.
(d) October 1999.
14. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
15. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
2. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
3. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
4. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
5. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)