|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) The Northern Alliance.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
(c) The U.N.
(d) The Southern Alliance.
2. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(b) The Saudis.
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 120 minutes.
4. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
5. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The FAA.
(d) The White House.
6. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(b) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
(c) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
(d) Ali Atwa.
7. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
8. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
9. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Uneducated, lower.
(b) Educated, upper.
(c) Educated, middle.
(d) Educated, lower.
10. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
11. What does ISID stand for?
(a) International Security Immigration Department.
(b) Inter-Security Intelligence Department.
(c) Immigration Service for Intelligence Directorate.
(d) Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate.
12. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into the South Tower.
(b) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(c) Crashed into the North Tower.
(d) Crashed into the Pentagon.
13. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) Into the North Tower.
(c) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(d) Into the South Tower.
14. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
15. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
2. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
3. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
4. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
5. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)