|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
(a) Donald Rumsfeld.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) Condoleezza Rice.
(d) Colin Powell.
2. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
(a) Western Alliance.
(b) Eastern Alliance.
(c) Northern Alliance.
(d) Southern Alliance.
3. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
(a) Gamal Abdel Nasser.
(b) Mohammed Haydar Zammar.
(c) Hamid Karzai.
(d) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
4. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
5. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(a) The moon.
(b) Increased military support.
6. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
(a) U.S. Marines.
(b) The Taliban.
(c) Saddam Hussein.
(d) Al-Qaeda operatives.
7. What is the name of the Indonesian terrorist group that accepted Bin Laden's offer of an alliance with the purpose of waging war against Christians and Jews?
(a) Baader-Meinhof Group.
(b) Jemaah Islamiah.
(c) Islamic Army of Aden.
(d) Muslim Brotherhood.
8. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Bojinka Plot".
(b) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(c) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
(d) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
9. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(c) The Soviet Union.
10. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(b) New England Air Defense Sector.
(c) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
(d) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
11. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) The Southern Alliance.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
(c) The Northern Alliance.
(d) The U.N.
12. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Atomic bomb.
(b) Secret police.
(c) Secret army.
13. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Uneducated, lower.
(b) Educated, lower.
(c) Educated, middle.
(d) Educated, upper.
14. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
15. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
Short Answer Questions
1. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
2. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
3. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
4. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
5. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)