|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(c) The Soviet Union.
2. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) NORAD & CAPPS.
(b) FAA & NORAD.
(c) CTC & NCTC.
(d) FAA & CBI.
3. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
4. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Army.
(b) U.S. Marines.
(c) U.S. Navy.
(d) Law Enforcement.
5. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
6. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The Vice President.
(b) The U.S. Air Force.
(c) The Secretary of Defense.
(d) The U.S Army.
7. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
8. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The State Department.
(b) The Vice President.
(c) The Justice Department.
(d) The Defense Department.
9. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(b) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(c) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
(d) The "Bojinka Plot".
10. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
11. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
12. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) Crashed into the North Tower.
(c) Crashed into the South Tower.
(d) Crashed into the Pentagon.
13. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
14. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(b) Soviet Union.
15. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Airlines Administration.
(b) Federal Airlines Association.
(c) Federal Aviation Association.
(d) Federal Aviation Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does NEADS stand for?
2. What does ISID stand for?
3. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
4. When was the CIA created?
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)