|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
(b) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(c) The "Bojinka Plot".
(d) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
2. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
3. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
4. What is "Gestapo"?
(b) Secret army.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Secret police.
5. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(b) The Northern Alliance.
(c) The U.N.
(d) The Southern Alliance.
6. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
(a) President Bill Clinton.
(b) President Ronald Reagan.
(c) President George H. W. Bush.
(d) President George W. Bush.
7. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
8. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
9. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
10. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) Into the North Tower.
(c) Into the South Tower.
(d) The Pentagon.
11. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) Rear of the aircraft.
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(c) First Class.
12. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
13. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The Vice President.
(b) The Defense Department.
(c) The Justice Department.
(d) The State Department.
14. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(a) Soviet Union.
15. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(a) The Saudis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
2. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
3. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
4. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
5. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)