|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
2. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(d) Soviet Union.
3. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Secret army.
(b) Atomic bomb.
(d) Secret police.
4. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
(a) October 2000.
(b) October 1999.
(c) October 2001.
(d) October 1976.
6. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
(a) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(b) Muslim Brotherhood.
7. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
8. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) The CIA.
(b) President Clinton.
(c) President Bush.
(d) The FBI.
9. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The Justice Department.
(b) The Vice President.
(c) The State Department.
(d) The Defense Department.
10. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
11. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
12. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The Secretary of Defense.
(b) The U.S Army.
(c) The Vice President.
(d) The U.S. Air Force.
13. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
(a) Mullah Mohammad Rabbani.
(b) Mullah Omar.
(c) Amir Khan Muttaqi.
(d) Mawlawi Abdul Kabir.
14. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
(a) Ramzi Yousef.
(b) Mullah Omar.
(c) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(d) Bin Laden.
15. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
(a) Domestic dispute.
(b) International intelligence.
(c) Domestic intelligence.
(d) International dispute.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
2. What does NEADS stand for?
3. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
4. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
5. When was the CIA created?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)