|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
2. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(b) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(c) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(d) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
3. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(b) The Soviet Union.
4. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
5. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
(d) First Class.
6. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
7. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Educated, upper.
(b) Educated, lower.
(c) Educated, middle.
(d) Uneducated, lower.
8. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Hani Hanjour.
(c) Bin Laden.
(d) Omar Abdel Rahman.
9. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
(a) The 4 jihadist from Germany.
(b) The 4 jihadist from Turkey.
(c) The 4 jihadist from Yemen.
(d) The 4 jihadist from Russia.
10. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The Vice President.
(b) The Secretary of Defense.
(c) The U.S Army.
(d) The U.S. Air Force.
11. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
(a) Domestic dispute.
(b) International dispute.
(c) International intelligence.
(d) Domestic intelligence.
12. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
13. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(c) The moon.
(d) Increased military support.
14. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
15. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
2. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
3. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
4. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
5. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)