|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
(a) Western Alliance.
(b) Northern Alliance.
(c) Southern Alliance.
(d) Eastern Alliance.
2. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
3. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The U.N.
(d) The U.S.
4. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
5. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(b) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(c) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
(d) New England Air Defense Sector.
6. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) The CIA.
(b) President Bush.
(c) President Clinton.
(d) The FBI.
7. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
8. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(d) Soviet Union.
9. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
10. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(c) Crashed into the South Tower.
(d) Crashed into the North Tower.
11. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
(c) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Muslim Brotherhood.
12. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
13. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(c) Military aircrafts.
14. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(b) America air raided Somalia.
(c) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(d) America withdrew from Somalia.
15. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FAA stand for?
2. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
3. KSM stated that his hatred of the U.S. stemmed not from his experience there as a student, but from his disagreement with U.S. policy towards the ___________.
4. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
5. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)