|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
2. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(c) Military aircrafts.
3. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
4. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Bin Laden.
(c) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(d) Hani Hanjour.
5. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
6. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
7. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
(b) It should convert to Islam.
(c) It should abandon the Middle East.
(d) It should reform its decadent culture.
8. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
9. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) NORAD & CAPPS.
(b) FAA & CBI.
(c) FAA & NORAD.
(d) CTC & NCTC.
10. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
11. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(b) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(c) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
(d) The "Bojinka Plot".
12. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
(c) The U.S.
13. What is EMPTA?
(a) Pakistani intelligence department.
(b) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(c) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(d) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
14. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Secret army.
(b) Secret police.
(c) Atomic bomb.
15. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FAA stand for?
2. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
3. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
4. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)