|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
2. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
(a) After American Airlines Flight 77 crashed.
(b) After United Airlines Flight 93 crashed.
(c) Before American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
(d) After American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
3. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
4. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
5. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By WMD's.
(b) By hijacked aircraft.
(c) By gunmen.
(d) By truck bombs.
6. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should abandon the Middle East.
(b) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
(c) It should convert to Islam.
(d) It should reform its decadent culture.
7. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
8. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
(a) The 4 jihadist from Russia.
(b) The 4 jihadist from Germany.
(c) The 4 jihadist from Yemen.
(d) The 4 jihadist from Turkey.
9. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(b) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(c) New England Air Defense Sector.
(d) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
10. What is "Gestapo"?
(b) Secret police.
(c) Secret army.
(d) Atomic bomb.
11. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
(b) Ali Atwa.
(c) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
(d) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
12. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
13. What was the "Predator"?
(a) A U.S. missile used to attack Afghanistan.
(b) An unmanned drone with video surveillance capabilities.
(c) A U.S. Air Force Jet used to attack Afghanistan.
(d) A U.S. satellite.
14. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
15. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
2. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
3. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
4. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
5. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)