|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) Into the North Tower.
(b) Into the South Tower.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) In a field in Pennsylvania.
2. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 120 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
4. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Inside Mexico.
(b) Inside the United States.
(c) Outside the United States.
(d) Inside Canada.
5. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
6. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
7. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into the North Tower.
(b) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(c) Crashed into the South Tower.
(d) Crashed into the Pentagon.
8. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
9. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Uneducated, lower.
(b) Educated, upper.
(c) Educated, middle.
(d) Educated, lower.
10. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Bojinka Plot".
(b) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(c) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
(d) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
11. What was the "Predator"?
(a) An unmanned drone with video surveillance capabilities.
(b) A U.S. satellite.
(c) A U.S. missile used to attack Afghanistan.
(d) A U.S. Air Force Jet used to attack Afghanistan.
12. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(b) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(c) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(d) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
13. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
14. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
(a) Eastern Alliance.
(b) Southern Alliance.
(c) Northern Alliance.
(d) Western Alliance.
15. What is EMPTA?
(a) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(b) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(c) Pakistani intelligence department.
(d) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
2. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
3. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
4. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
5. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)