|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
(a) 1 month before 9/11.
(b) 1 week after 9/11.
(c) 1 year before 9/11.
(d) 1 week before 9/11.
2. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
3. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(b) First Class.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
4. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Tarnak Farms.
(b) Pohakuloa Training Area.
(c) Huachuca Farms.
(d) Camp Navajo.
5. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) Into the North Tower.
(b) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) Into the South Tower.
6. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
7. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(b) The moon.
(c) Increased military support.
8. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(b) Civil war.
(c) Armed conflict.
(d) World war.
9. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
10. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 120 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
11. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America air raided Somalia.
(b) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(c) America withdrew from Somalia.
(d) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
12. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Secret army.
(b) Atomic bomb.
(c) Secret police.
13. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
(a) The 4 jihadist from Yemen.
(b) The 4 jihadist from Turkey.
(c) The 4 jihadist from Germany.
(d) The 4 jihadist from Russia.
14. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
(a) Abu Nidal Organization.
(c) Armed Islamic Group.
15. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
2. What does ISID stand for?
3. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
4. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
5. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)