|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(b) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(c) America air raided Somalia.
(d) America withdrew from Somalia.
2. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
3. What does ISID stand for?
(a) International Security Immigration Department.
(b) Inter-Security Intelligence Department.
(c) Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate.
(d) Immigration Service for Intelligence Directorate.
4. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
5. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(a) Armed conflict.
(b) World war.
(c) Civil war.
6. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(d) The Saudis.
7. When was the CIA created?
(a) After WWI.
(b) After the Cold War.
(c) After the Gulf War.
(d) After WWII.
8. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
9. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
10. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) Into the North Tower.
(d) Into the South Tower.
11. KSM stated that his hatred of the U.S. stemmed not from his experience there as a student, but from his disagreement with U.S. policy towards the ___________.
12. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Inside the United States.
(b) Inside Mexico.
(c) Outside the United States.
(d) Inside Canada.
13. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By gunmen.
(b) By truck bombs.
(c) By hijacked aircraft.
(d) By WMD's.
14. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
15. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
2. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
3. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
4. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
5. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)