|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(a) Military aircrafts.
2. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
(a) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
(b) Hamid Karzai.
(c) Mohammed Haydar Zammar.
(d) Gamal Abdel Nasser.
3. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
4. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The U.N.
(c) The FAA.
(d) The U.S.
5. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
6. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
(a) The 4 jihadist from Germany.
(b) The 4 jihadist from Yemen.
(c) The 4 jihadist from Turkey.
(d) The 4 jihadist from Russia.
7. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
8. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
9. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
(a) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(c) Muslim Brotherhood.
10. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
(a) Fatah al-Islam.
(b) Armed Islamic Group.
(c) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
11. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
12. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
13. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(b) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(c) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(d) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
14. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
15. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 120 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
2. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
3. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
4. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
5. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)