|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The U.S.
(d) The U.N.
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) First Class.
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 120 minutes.
4. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
(b) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
(c) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(d) Ali Atwa.
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
6. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
7. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Hani Hanjour.
(b) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(c) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(d) Bin Laden.
8. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
9. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
10. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(b) America withdrew from Somalia.
(c) America air raided Somalia.
(d) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
11. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
(b) The U.S.
12. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(b) New England Air Defense Sector.
(c) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
(d) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
13. What is EMPTA?
(a) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(b) Pakistani intelligence department.
(c) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(d) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
14. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
15. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
2. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
3. What does FAA stand for?
4. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
5. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)