|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(a) The Soviet Union.
2. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
3. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
(a) Western Alliance.
(b) Northern Alliance.
(c) Southern Alliance.
(d) Eastern Alliance.
4. KSM stated that his hatred of the U.S. stemmed not from his experience there as a student, but from his disagreement with U.S. policy towards the ___________.
5. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(c) Increased military support.
(d) The moon.
6. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
(a) U.S. Marines.
(b) The Taliban.
(c) Al-Qaeda operatives.
(d) Saddam Hussein.
7. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
8. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should reform its decadent culture.
(b) It should abandon the Middle East.
(c) It should convert to Islam.
(d) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
9. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The State Department.
(b) The Justice Department.
(c) The Defense Department.
(d) The Vice President.
10. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(b) The "Bojinka Plot".
(c) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(d) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
11. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
12. What was the "Predator"?
(a) A U.S. missile used to attack Afghanistan.
(b) A U.S. Air Force Jet used to attack Afghanistan.
(c) A U.S. satellite.
(d) An unmanned drone with video surveillance capabilities.
13. When was the CIA created?
(a) After the Gulf War.
(b) After WWII.
(c) After WWI.
(d) After the Cold War.
14. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
(b) The U.S.
15. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(a) The Saudis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
2. What is "Gestapo"?
3. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
4. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
5. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)