|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) President Bush.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) President Clinton.
2. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
3. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
4. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
5. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
6. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
7. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Airlines Association.
(b) Federal Aviation Administration.
(c) Federal Aviation Association.
(d) Federal Airlines Administration.
8. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
(b) Abu Nidal Organization.
(d) Armed Islamic Group.
9. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(b) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(c) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(d) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
10. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
11. What does ISID stand for?
(a) Immigration Service for Intelligence Directorate.
(b) Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate.
(c) Inter-Security Intelligence Department.
(d) International Security Immigration Department.
12. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
13. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
(a) Saddam Hussein.
(b) Al-Qaeda operatives.
(c) U.S. Marines.
(d) The Taliban.
14. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(a) The moon.
(c) Increased military support.
15. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
(a) The 4 jihadist from Turkey.
(b) The 4 jihadist from Germany.
(c) The 4 jihadist from Russia.
(d) The 4 jihadist from Yemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the CIA created?
2. What is EMPTA?
3. What is CAPPS?
4. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
5. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)