|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 "How to Do It".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
(a) Soviet Union.
(b) Census Bureau.
(c) United Nations.
(d) Refugee Resettlement.
2. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
(a) January 1st.
(b) October 31st.
(c) December 25th.
(d) July 4th.
3. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(a) Increased military support.
(d) The moon.
4. Reports show that al-Qaeda has tried to acquire or make nuclear weapons for at least ________ years.
5. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By gunmen.
(b) By WMD's.
(c) By hijacked aircraft.
(d) By truck bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the small worldwide agency that combines duties assigned in the U.S. government to the Terrorist Threat Integration Center, the CIA, the FBI, and the Department of Homeland Security?
2. When was al-Qaeda formed?
3. What was the "Predator"?
4. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
5. Before 9/11, the ________ was the lead agency confronting al-Qaeda.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)