|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Bin Laden.
(b) Hani Hanjour.
(c) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(d) Omar Abdel Rahman.
3. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(d) Military aircrafts.
4. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
5. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
2. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
3. Who was arrested on August 16, 2001, on immigration charges?
4. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
5. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)