|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The Vice President.
(b) The Defense Department.
(c) The Justice Department.
(d) The State Department.
2. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
(a) The President's Daily Brief.
(b) The Sensitive Intelligence Meeting for the President.
(c) The President's Sensitive Intelligence Meeting.
(d) The President's Daily News.
3. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) President Clinton.
(d) President Bush.
4. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
5. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
2. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
3. KSM stated that his hatred of the U.S. stemmed not from his experience there as a student, but from his disagreement with U.S. policy towards the ___________.
4. Threat reports mentioning aircraft were passed to who?
5. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)