|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(d) The Soviet Union.
2. What was the "Predator"?
(a) A U.S. missile used to attack Afghanistan.
(b) A U.S. Air Force Jet used to attack Afghanistan.
(c) An unmanned drone with video surveillance capabilities.
(d) A U.S. satellite.
3. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(b) New England Air Defense Sector.
(c) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(d) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
4. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
5. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
(b) Cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
2. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
3. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
4. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
5. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)