|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) President Bush.
(b) Paul Wolfowitz.
(c) Richard Clarke.
(d) George Tenet.
2. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
(a) Ahmed al Nami.
(b) Majed Moqed.
(c) Nawaf al Hazmi.
(d) Khalid al Mihdhar.
3. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The State Department.
(b) The Vice President.
(c) The Defense Department.
(d) The Justice Department.
4. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(c) Military aircrafts.
5. The FBI conducted approximately ________ full field investigations related to Bin Laden in 2001.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
2. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
3. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
4. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
5. What is INS?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)