|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
(a) Richard Clarke.
(b) Donald Rumsfeld.
(c) Colin Powell.
(d) Condoleezza Rice.
2. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
(b) FISA court.
3. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
4. Who was the mayor of New York city in 2001?
(a) Rudolph Giuliani.
(b) David N. Dinkins.
(c) George H. W. Bush.
(d) Michael Bloomberg.
5. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
(a) Laughlin Air Force Base.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) New York.
(d) Offutt Air Force Base.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
2. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
3. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
4. When did the intelligence community first describe the al-Qaeda organization?
5. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)