|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(c) Soviet Union.
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) Rear of the aircraft.
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(d) First Class.
3. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(a) Armed conflict.
(b) Civil war.
(d) World war.
4. Who was arrested on August 16, 2001, on immigration charges?
(a) Mohamed Atta.
(b) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(c) Ahmed al Ghamdi.
(d) Zacarious Moussaoui.
5. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The President.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FAA.
Short Answer Questions
1. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
2. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
3. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
4. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
5. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)