|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
(a) Western Alliance.
(b) Eastern Alliance.
(c) Northern Alliance.
(d) Southern Alliance.
2. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Bin Laden.
(c) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(d) Hani Hanjour.
3. How many buildings made up the WTC complex?
4. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(a) Cold War.
(d) Desert Storm.
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
(b) It should reform its decadent culture.
(c) It should convert to Islam.
(d) It should abandon the Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. The FBI conducted approximately ________ full field investigations related to Bin Laden in 2001.
2. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
3. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
4. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
5. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)