|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Heroism and Horror".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following were first responders to the World Trade Center (WTC) except:
(a) The military.
(b) The emergency medical service.
(c) The fire department.
(d) The police department.
2. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) Into the South Tower.
(b) Into the North Tower.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) In a field in Pennsylvania.
3. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) The Northern Alliance.
(b) The Southern Alliance.
(c) The U.N.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
4. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The FAA.
(d) The White House.
5. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ minutes after the first plane hit the Twin Towers, it is believed that an order to evacuate the tower was issued over the building's intercom system.
2. The FBI conducted approximately ________ full field investigations related to Bin Laden in 2001.
3. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
4. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
5. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)