|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Heroism and Horror".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
2. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
3. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The U.S Army.
(b) The U.S. Air Force.
(c) The Secretary of Defense.
(d) The Vice President.
4. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
(a) Mullah Mohammad Rabbani.
(b) Amir Khan Muttaqi.
(c) Mullah Omar.
(d) Mawlawi Abdul Kabir.
5. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
2. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
3. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
4. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
5. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)