|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Heroism and Horror".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On September 11, the nation suffered the largest loss of life on its soil, losing __________ people.
2. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(a) Muslim Brotherhood.
(d) Jemaah Islamiya.
3. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By hijacked aircraft.
(b) By gunmen.
(c) By WMD's.
(d) By truck bombs.
4. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) Into the North Tower.
(d) Into the South Tower.
5. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
2. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
3. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
4. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
5. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)