|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Heroism and Horror".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
2. How many people were estimated to occupy the towers on any given day?
3. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
(a) Al-Qaeda operatives.
(b) The Taliban.
(c) U.S. Marines.
(d) Saddam Hussein.
4. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
5. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(a) U.S. military.
(c) Judicial branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does NORAD stand for?
2. Which WTC building fell first?
3. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
4. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)