|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 "Heroism and Horror".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
2. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(c) Soviet Union.
3. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Camp Navajo.
(b) Pohakuloa Training Area.
(c) Tarnak Farms.
(d) Huachuca Farms.
4. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
5. What was the "Predator"?
(a) A U.S. satellite.
(b) A U.S. missile used to attack Afghanistan.
(c) An unmanned drone with video surveillance capabilities.
(d) A U.S. Air Force Jet used to attack Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which WTC building fell first?
2. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
3. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
4. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
5. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)