|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The U.S Army.
(b) The Secretary of Defense.
(c) The U.S. Air Force.
(d) The Vice President.
2. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
3. What was the "Predator"?
(a) A U.S. Air Force Jet used to attack Afghanistan.
(b) A U.S. satellite.
(c) A U.S. missile used to attack Afghanistan.
(d) An unmanned drone with video surveillance capabilities.
4. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Navy.
(b) U.S. Army.
(c) Law Enforcement.
(d) U.S. Marines.
5. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
2. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
3. Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) earned a college degree in what subject?
4. What does NORAD stand for?
5. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)