|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
2. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Before American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
(b) After American Airlines Flight 77 crashed.
(c) After American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
(d) After United Airlines Flight 93 crashed.
3. When was the CIA created?
(a) After the Cold War.
(b) After WWI.
(c) After WWII.
(d) After the Gulf War.
4. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
5. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Educated, upper.
(b) Uneducated, lower.
(c) Educated, middle.
(d) Educated, lower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Ahmed Shah Massoud?
2. What does NEADS stand for?
3. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
4. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
5. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)