|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Hani Hanjour.
(c) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(d) Bin Laden.
2. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
(a) Mohammed Haydar Zammar.
(b) Hamid Karzai.
(c) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
(d) Gamal Abdel Nasser.
3. What was the "Predator"?
(a) A U.S. Air Force Jet used to attack Afghanistan.
(b) A U.S. missile used to attack Afghanistan.
(c) A U.S. satellite.
(d) An unmanned drone with video surveillance capabilities.
4. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
5. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(d) The Saudis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
2. Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) earned a college degree in what subject?
3. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
4. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)