|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The U.S.
(d) The U.N.
2. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
(b) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Muslim Brotherhood.
3. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(b) First Class.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
(d) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
4. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The Defense Department.
(b) The State Department.
(c) The Justice Department.
(d) The Vice President.
5. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) Into the North Tower.
(d) Into the South Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
2. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
3. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
4. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
5. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)