|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(d) The Soviet Union.
2. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
(a) Western Alliance.
(b) Southern Alliance.
(c) Eastern Alliance.
(d) Northern Alliance.
3. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(a) The moon.
(c) Increased military support.
4. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
5. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(b) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(c) Crashed into the South Tower.
(d) Crashed into the North Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
2. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
3. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
4. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
5. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)