|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
(a) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Muslim Brotherhood.
2. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) CTC & NCTC.
(b) FAA & CBI.
(c) NORAD & CAPPS.
(d) FAA & NORAD.
3. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(b) Bin Laden.
(c) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(d) Hani Hanjour.
4. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 120 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The INS.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
2. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
3. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
4. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
5. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)