|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(c) Military aircrafts.
2. What is EMPTA?
(a) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(b) Pakistani intelligence department.
(c) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(d) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
3. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
(b) It should convert to Islam.
(c) It should reform its decadent culture.
(d) It should abandon the Middle East.
4. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(d) Soviet Union.
5. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
2. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
3. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
4. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
5. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)