|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CIA.
(c) President Clinton.
(d) President Bush.
2. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
(a) Mawlawi Abdul Kabir.
(b) Amir Khan Muttaqi.
(c) Mullah Mohammad Rabbani.
(d) Mullah Omar.
3. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Huachuca Farms.
(b) Pohakuloa Training Area.
(c) Camp Navajo.
(d) Tarnak Farms.
4. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(c) Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
2. What is CAPPS?
3. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
4. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
5. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)