|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
2. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
3. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) Law Enforcement.
(b) U.S. Army.
(c) U.S. Marines.
(d) U.S. Navy.
4. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) CTC & NCTC.
(b) NORAD & CAPPS.
(c) FAA & NORAD.
(d) FAA & CBI.
5. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(b) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(c) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
(d) The "Bojinka Plot".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
2. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
3. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
4. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
5. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)