|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
2. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) The Northern Alliance.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
(c) The Southern Alliance.
(d) The U.N.
3. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
2. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
3. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
4. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
5. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)