|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 "From Threat to Threat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(b) The Saudis.
2. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
3. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
4. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
(a) 1 month before 9/11.
(b) 1 week after 9/11.
(c) 1 year before 9/11.
(d) 1 week before 9/11.
5. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
2. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
3. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
4. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
5. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)