|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(b) Crashed into the South Tower.
(c) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(d) Crashed into the North Tower.
2. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By WMD's.
(b) By truck bombs.
(c) By hijacked aircraft.
(d) By gunmen.
3. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
4. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The Vice President.
(b) The Defense Department.
(c) The State Department.
(d) The Justice Department.
5. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Bojinka Plot".
(b) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
(c) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(d) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
Short Answer Questions
1. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
2. What is EMPTA?
3. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
4. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
5. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)