|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(b) Soviet Union.
2. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
3. What was the name of KSM's plot to blow up several American airliners over the Pacific ocean?
(a) The "Bojinka Plot".
(b) The "Dirty Bomb Plot".
(c) The "Lackawanna Six Plot".
(d) The Shoe Bomber Operation".
4. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
5. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(b) America air raided Somalia.
(c) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(d) America withdrew from Somalia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
2. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
3. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
4. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
5. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)