|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
2. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
3. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
(a) Hamid Karzai.
(b) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
(c) Mohammed Haydar Zammar.
(d) Gamal Abdel Nasser.
4. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
5. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
2. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
3. When was the CIA created?
4. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
5. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)