|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
(b) New England Air Defense Sector.
(c) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(d) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
2. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
(d) The U.S.
3. What is EMPTA?
(a) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(b) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(c) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(d) Pakistani intelligence department.
4. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(b) First Class.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
5. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
2. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
3. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
4. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
5. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)