|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
2. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(c) Military aircrafts.
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 120 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
4. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should convert to Islam.
(b) It should reform its decadent culture.
(c) It should abandon the Middle East.
(d) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
2. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
3. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
4. KSM stated that his hatred of the U.S. stemmed not from his experience there as a student, but from his disagreement with U.S. policy towards the ___________.
5. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)