|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
2. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
3. What is "Gestapo"?
(b) Atomic bomb.
(c) Secret police.
(d) Secret army.
4. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
5. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
2. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
3. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
4. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
5. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)