|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should reform its decadent culture.
(b) It should convert to Islam.
(c) It should abandon the Middle East.
(d) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
2. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
3. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
4. When was the CIA created?
(a) After the Cold War.
(b) After the Gulf War.
(c) After WWI.
(d) After WWII.
5. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FAA stand for?
2. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
3. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
4. What is the name of the Indonesian terrorist group that accepted Bin Laden's offer of an alliance with the purpose of waging war against Christians and Jews?
5. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)