|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
2. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
3. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) Crashed into the North Tower.
(c) Crashed into the South Tower.
(d) Crashed into the Pentagon.
4. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(c) Soviet Union.
5. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The Defense Department.
(b) The Justice Department.
(c) The State Department.
(d) The Vice President.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
2. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
3. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
4. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
5. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)