|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
2. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
3. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
4. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
5. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) Into the South Tower.
(b) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(c) Into the North Tower.
(d) The Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FAA stand for?
2. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
3. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
4. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
5. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)