|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America withdrew from Somalia.
(b) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(c) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(d) America air raided Somalia.
2. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
3. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) Crashed into the South Tower.
(c) Crashed into the North Tower.
(d) Crashed into the Pentagon.
4. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
5. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) President Clinton.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) President Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
2. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
3. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
4. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)