|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Pohakuloa Training Area.
(b) Camp Navajo.
(c) Tarnak Farms.
(d) Huachuca Farms.
2. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(a) Armed conflict.
(c) Civil war.
(d) World war.
3. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(b) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(c) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(d) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
4. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
5. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
2. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
3. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
4. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
5. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)