|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
2. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
3. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should abandon the Middle East.
(b) It should convert to Islam.
(c) It should reform its decadent culture.
(d) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
4. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
5. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
2. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
3. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
4. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
5. What does FAA stand for?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)