|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(c) Bin Laden.
(d) Hani Hanjour.
2. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The U.S Army.
(b) The U.S. Air Force.
(c) The Secretary of Defense.
(d) The Vice President.
3. What is EMPTA?
(a) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(b) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(c) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(d) Pakistani intelligence department.
4. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(b) U.S. military.
(d) Judicial branch.
5. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
Short Answer Questions
1. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
2. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
3. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
4. What is "Gestapo"?
5. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)