|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(b) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(c) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(d) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
2. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
3. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
(a) October 1976.
(b) October 1999.
(c) October 2000.
(d) October 2001.
4. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) President Clinton.
(b) The FBI.
(c) President Bush.
(d) The CIA.
5. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
(a) Gamal Abdel Nasser.
(b) Mohammed Haydar Zammar.
(c) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
(d) Hamid Karzai.
Short Answer Questions
1. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
2. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
3. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
4. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
5. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)