|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
2. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
3. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(a) Armed conflict.
(b) World war.
(d) Civil war.
4. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
5. What is CAPPS?
(a) Passenger pre-screening system.
(b) No fly list.
(c) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
(d) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
2. Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) earned a college degree in what subject?
3. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
4. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
5. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)