|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Tarnak Farms.
(b) Pohakuloa Training Area.
(c) Camp Navajo.
(d) Huachuca Farms.
2. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Army.
(b) Law Enforcement.
(c) U.S. Marines.
(d) U.S. Navy.
3. When was the CIA created?
(a) After the Cold War.
(b) After the Gulf War.
(c) After WWI.
(d) After WWII.
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
(a) International dispute.
(b) Domestic dispute.
(c) Domestic intelligence.
(d) International intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
2. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
3. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
4. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
5. What does NORAD stand for?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)