|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
2. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
(b) FISA court.
3. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The INS.
4. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
(a) The 4 jihadist from Germany.
(b) The 4 jihadist from Russia.
(c) The 4 jihadist from Yemen.
(d) The 4 jihadist from Turkey.
5. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
2. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
3. What is EMPTA?
4. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
5. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)