|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(b) The Soviet Union.
2. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
3. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
2. What is "Gestapo"?
3. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
4. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)