|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) Rear of the aircraft.
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(c) First Class.
2. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
(a) President Bill Clinton.
(b) President Ronald Reagan.
(c) President George H. W. Bush.
(d) President George W. Bush.
3. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Airlines Administration.
(b) Federal Airlines Association.
(c) Federal Aviation Association.
(d) Federal Aviation Administration.
4. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
5. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
2. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
3. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
4. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
5. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)