|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
2. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Before American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
(b) After American Airlines Flight 77 crashed.
(c) After United Airlines Flight 93 crashed.
(d) After American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
3. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By gunmen.
(b) By hijacked aircraft.
(c) By WMD's.
(d) By truck bombs.
4. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(a) Judicial branch.
(d) U.S. military.
5. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 120 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
2. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
3. What does NORAD stand for?
4. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
5. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)