|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
2. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Inside Canada.
(b) Inside the United States.
(c) Outside the United States.
(d) Inside Mexico.
3. When was the CIA created?
(a) After WWI.
(b) After the Cold War.
(c) After the Gulf War.
(d) After WWII.
4. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 120 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
5. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) The FAA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
2. What does NEADS stand for?
3. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
4. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
5. What is CAPPS?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)