|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
2. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
3. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Before American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
(b) After American Airlines Flight 77 crashed.
(c) After United Airlines Flight 93 crashed.
(d) After American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
4. What is CAPPS?
(a) Passenger pre-screening system.
(b) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
(c) No fly list.
(d) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
5. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
(a) Domestic dispute.
(b) International intelligence.
(c) Domestic intelligence.
(d) International dispute.
Short Answer Questions
1. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
2. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
3. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
4. What does ISID stand for?
5. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)