|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
2. What is "Gestapo"?
(b) Secret army.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Secret police.
3. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The White House.
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The State Department.
(b) The Defense Department.
(c) The Vice President.
(d) The Justice Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
2. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
3. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
4. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
5. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)