|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(b) America withdrew from Somalia.
(c) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(d) America air raided Somalia.
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) Rear of the aircraft.
(c) First Class.
(d) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
3. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
(a) President Ronald Reagan.
(b) President George H. W. Bush.
(c) President George W. Bush.
(d) President Bill Clinton.
4. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Marines.
(b) U.S. Army.
(c) U.S. Navy.
(d) Law Enforcement.
5. What is CAPPS?
(a) No fly list.
(b) Passenger pre-screening system.
(c) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
(d) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
2. What does ISID stand for?
3. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
4. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)