|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Navy.
(b) U.S. Marines.
(c) U.S. Army.
(d) Law Enforcement.
2. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
(a) President Bill Clinton.
(b) President George W. Bush.
(c) President George H. W. Bush.
(d) President Ronald Reagan.
3. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(a) Armed conflict.
(b) World war.
(d) Civil war.
4. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Educated, upper.
(b) Educated, middle.
(c) Educated, lower.
(d) Uneducated, lower.
5. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
2. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
3. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
4. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
5. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)