|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(a) U.S. military.
(b) Judicial branch.
2. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Inside Mexico.
(b) Outside the United States.
(c) Inside the United States.
(d) Inside Canada.
3. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) Into the South Tower.
(b) Into the North Tower.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) In a field in Pennsylvania.
4. What is CAPPS?
(a) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
(b) Passenger pre-screening system.
(c) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
(d) No fly list.
5. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
2. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
3. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
4. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
5. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)