|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
2. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(b) U.S. military.
(d) Judicial branch.
3. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(b) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(c) New England Air Defense Sector.
(d) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
4. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) CTC & NCTC.
(b) FAA & NORAD.
(c) FAA & CBI.
(d) NORAD & CAPPS.
5. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) Into the North Tower.
(c) Into the South Tower.
(d) In a field in Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
2. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
3. What is "Gestapo"?
4. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
5. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)