|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(b) Soviet Union.
2. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
3. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(d) The Soviet Union.
4. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
5. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The Defense Department.
(b) The State Department.
(c) The Vice President.
(d) The Justice Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
2. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
3. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
4. What is CAPPS?
5. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)