|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
2. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
3. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
4. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Aviation Association.
(b) Federal Airlines Association.
(c) Federal Aviation Administration.
(d) Federal Airlines Administration.
5. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(c) First Class.
(d) Rear of the aircraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
2. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
3. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
4. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
5. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)