|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(d) The Soviet Union.
2. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(a) Soviet Union.
3. What does ISID stand for?
(a) Immigration Service for Intelligence Directorate.
(b) Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate.
(c) International Security Immigration Department.
(d) Inter-Security Intelligence Department.
4. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
5. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
2. What does NORAD stand for?
3. What does NEADS stand for?
4. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
5. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)