|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
2. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(a) Judicial branch.
(b) U.S. military.
3. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
2. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
3. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
4. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
5. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)