|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Secret police.
(b) Secret army.
(c) Atomic bomb.
2. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
3. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Navy.
(b) Law Enforcement.
(c) U.S. Marines.
(d) U.S. Army.
4. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
5. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) FAA & CBI.
(b) FAA & NORAD.
(c) CTC & NCTC.
(d) NORAD & CAPPS.
Short Answer Questions
1. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
2. What is CAPPS?
3. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
4. What does NEADS stand for?
5. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)