|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Counterterrorism Evolves".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
2. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(b) America withdrew from Somalia.
(c) America air raided Somalia.
(d) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
3. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should convert to Islam.
(b) It should abandon the Middle East.
(c) It should reform its decadent culture.
(d) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
4. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Secret police.
(b) Secret army.
(d) Atomic bomb.
5. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(b) New England Air Defense Sector.
(c) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(d) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
2. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
3. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
4. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
5. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)