|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "The Foundation of the New Terrorism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The U.S Army.
(b) The Secretary of Defense.
(c) The U.S. Air Force.
(d) The Vice President.
2. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Aviation Administration.
(b) Federal Airlines Administration.
(c) Federal Airlines Association.
(d) Federal Aviation Association.
3. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
4. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By hijacked aircraft.
(b) By gunmen.
(c) By truck bombs.
(d) By WMD's.
5. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) First Class.
(b) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
2. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
3. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
4. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
5. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)