|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "The Foundation of the New Terrorism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should convert to Islam.
(b) It should reform its decadent culture.
(c) It should abandon the Middle East.
(d) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
2. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Airlines Association.
(b) Federal Aviation Administration.
(c) Federal Aviation Association.
(d) Federal Airlines Administration.
3. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(a) Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
2. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
3. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
4. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
5. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)