|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "The Foundation of the New Terrorism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The U.S. Air Force.
(b) The Vice President.
(c) The U.S Army.
(d) The Secretary of Defense.
2. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
3. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) FAA & CBI.
(b) NORAD & CAPPS.
(c) FAA & NORAD.
(d) CTC & NCTC.
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(b) Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
2. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
3. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
4. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)