|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "The Foundation of the New Terrorism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
2. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
(a) Soviet Union.
3. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Outside the United States.
(b) Inside the United States.
(c) Inside Mexico.
(d) Inside Canada.
4. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
5. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) FAA & NORAD.
(b) FAA & CBI.
(c) CTC & NCTC.
(d) NORAD & CAPPS.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
2. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
3. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
4. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
5. What does NEADS stand for?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)