|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "The Foundation of the New Terrorism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By gunmen.
(b) By WMD's.
(c) By hijacked aircraft.
(d) By truck bombs.
2. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
3. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
4. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) NORAD & CAPPS.
(b) FAA & CBI.
(c) CTC & NCTC.
(d) FAA & NORAD.
5. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
2. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
3. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
4. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
5. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)