|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "The Foundation of the New Terrorism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
2. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 120 minutes.
3. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(b) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(c) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(d) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
4. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into the North Tower.
(b) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(c) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(d) Crashed into the South Tower.
5. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(d) Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
2. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
3. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
4. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
5. What does FAA stand for?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)