Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 "Al-Qaeda Aims at the American Homeland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
2. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
3. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
(c) The U.S.
5. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(a) Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
2. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
3. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
4. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
5. Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) earned a college degree in what subject?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)