|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(a) The moon.
(d) Increased military support.
2. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Zacarias Moussaoui.
(c) Mohamed Atta.
(d) Saeed al Ghamdi.
3. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Offutt Air Force Base.
(c) Laughlin Air Force Base.
(d) New York.
4. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
5. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
2. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
3. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
4. The FBI conducted approximately ________ full field investigations related to Bin Laden in 2001.
5. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)