|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Uneducated, lower.
(b) Educated, upper.
(c) Educated, middle.
(d) Educated, lower.
2. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(c) Desert Storm.
(d) Cold War.
3. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
4. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The President.
(d) The CIA.
5. When was the U.S.S. Cole bombed?
(a) October 2001.
(b) October 1999.
(c) October 1976.
(d) October 2000.
Short Answer Questions
1. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
2. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
3. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
4. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
5. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)