|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(d) The Saudis.
2. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
3. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(b) Armed conflict.
(c) World war.
(d) Civil war.
4. A systematic approach to investigating possible surprise attacks has existed within the intelligence community since the ______ ______ attack of 1941.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Cold War.
(c) African Embassy.
(d) U.S.S. Cole.
5. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
(a) Northern Alliance.
(b) Eastern Alliance.
(c) Western Alliance.
(d) Southern Alliance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
2. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
3. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
4. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
5. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)