|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
(c) The U.S.
2. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) Law Enforcement.
(b) U.S. Marines.
(c) U.S. Navy.
(d) U.S. Army.
3. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) Paul Wolfowitz.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) George Tenet.
(d) President Bush.
4. How many members of the Hamburg group received a U.S. visa?
5. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(a) Military aircrafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
2. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
3. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
4. The FDNY initial response began within _____ seconds of the first crash.
5. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)