|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
2. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(d) Military aircrafts.
3. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
(b) Cold War.
(d) Desert Storm.
4. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) Laughlin Air Force Base.
(d) Offutt Air Force Base.
5. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
2. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
3. When was al-Qaeda formed?
4. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
5. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)