|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The U.S. Air Force.
(b) The U.S Army.
(c) The Vice President.
(d) The Secretary of Defense.
2. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
(a) Mohammed Haydar Zammar.
(b) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
(c) Hamid Karzai.
(d) Gamal Abdel Nasser.
3. In 1998-1999, President Clinton was preparing the government for possible war against which country?
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) FAA & NORAD.
(b) FAA & CBI.
(c) CTC & NCTC.
(d) NORAD & CAPPS.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last updated national estimate on the terrorism danger completed before 9/11?
2. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
3. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
4. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
5. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)