|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(a) Judicial branch.
(b) U.S. military.
2. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(b) New England Air Defense Sector.
(c) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
(d) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
3. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
4. In mid-July 2001, new reports indicated that Bin Laden's plans encountered delays of up to ________ months.
5. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
(a) Western Alliance.
(b) Southern Alliance.
(c) Eastern Alliance.
(d) Northern Alliance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
2. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
3. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
4. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
5. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)