|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ISID stand for?
(a) Inter-Security Intelligence Department.
(b) Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate.
(c) Immigration Service for Intelligence Directorate.
(d) International Security Immigration Department.
2. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
(c) The U.S.
3. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) FAA & CBI.
(b) FAA & NORAD.
(c) NORAD & CAPPS.
(d) CTC & NCTC.
4. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
5. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
(a) 1 week after 9/11.
(b) 1 week before 9/11.
(c) 1 month before 9/11.
(d) 1 year before 9/11.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who maintained that al-Qaeda represented "point of the spear of radical Islam"?
2. Afghanistan dropped from the U.S radar after the withdrawal of the ______ ______.
3. The first two hijackers flew into the U.S. from what country?
4. The end of which war created vacuums that bred new and unexpected scenarios of instability, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia?
5. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)