|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the lead agency dealing with al-Qaeda?
(a) The Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
(b) The Department of Defense.
(c) The FAA.
(d) The CIA.
2. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(a) Judicial branch.
(d) U.S. military.
3. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
4. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(c) Muslim Brotherhood.
(d) Jemaah Islamiya.
5. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
2. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
3. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
4. What is CENTCOM?
5. What does NORAD stand for?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)