|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 "Foresight and Hindsight".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 2001, how long had Iraq been an enemy of the U.S?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
3. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The Justice Department.
(b) The State Department.
(c) The Defense Department.
(d) The Vice President.
4. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) Crashed into the South Tower.
(c) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(d) Crashed into the North Tower.
5. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
(a) Mullah Omar.
(b) Bin Laden.
(c) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(d) Ramzi Yousef.
Short Answer Questions
1. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
2. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
3. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
4. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
5. The FBI in Minneapolis sought a special warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to conduct a search on Moussaoui's ________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)