|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
2. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) The U.N.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
(c) The Northern Alliance.
(d) The Southern Alliance.
3. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
4. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Hani Hanjour.
(b) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(c) Bin Laden.
(d) Omar Abdel Rahman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
2. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
3. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
4. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
5. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)