|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By hijacked aircraft.
(b) By gunmen.
(c) By truck bombs.
(d) By WMD's.
2. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
3. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
4. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The Secretary of Defense.
(b) The Vice President.
(c) The U.S Army.
(d) The U.S. Air Force.
5. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
(a) President George W. Bush.
(b) President George H. W. Bush.
(c) President Bill Clinton.
(d) President Ronald Reagan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
2. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
3. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
4. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
5. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)