|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 120 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
2. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
3. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Navy.
(b) U.S. Marines.
(c) Law Enforcement.
(d) U.S. Army.
4. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(a) The Saudis.
5. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Outside the United States.
(b) Inside the United States.
(c) Inside Mexico.
(d) Inside Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
2. NORAD existed to counter threats from the __________.
3. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
4. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
5. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)