|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
2. How many planes where hijacked on 9/11/2001?
3. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
(a) Ramzi Yousef.
(b) Mullah Omar.
(c) Bin Laden.
(d) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
4. What is EMPTA?
(a) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(b) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(c) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(d) Pakistani intelligence department.
5. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
(b) Armed Islamic Group.
(d) Abu Nidal Organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
2. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
3. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
4. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)