|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
(a) After United Airlines Flight 93 crashed.
(b) After American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
(c) Before American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
(d) After American Airlines Flight 77 crashed.
2. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(c) Bin Laden.
(d) Hani Hanjour.
3. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
4. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
5. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(b) Judicial branch.
(d) U.S. military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is CAPPS?
2. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
3. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
4. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
5. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)