|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
2. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) President Clinton.
(b) President Bush.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
3. What does NEADS stand for?
(a) North Equator Air Defense Sector.
(b) Northeast Air Defense Sector.
(c) New England Air Defense Sector.
(d) Northeast Air Defense Squad.
4. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By gunmen.
(b) By truck bombs.
(c) By WMD's.
(d) By hijacked aircraft.
5. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
2. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
3. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
4. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
5. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)