|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) The FBI.
(b) President Bush.
(c) President Clinton.
(d) The CIA.
2. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(a) The Soviet Union.
3. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(b) Rear of the aircraft.
(c) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(d) First Class.
4. When was the CIA created?
(a) After the Gulf War.
(b) After WWII.
(c) After the Cold War.
(d) After WWI.
5. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
(a) Inside Mexico.
(b) Inside Canada.
(c) Outside the United States.
(d) Inside the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
2. Federal law prohibits the ________ from gathering intelligence on U.S. citizens or other people within the U.S. except as specified by FISA requirements.
3. The entire attacks of 9/11/2001 took a little more than __________.
4. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
5. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)