|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By gunmen.
(b) By truck bombs.
(c) By hijacked aircraft.
(d) By WMD's.
2. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(b) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(c) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(d) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
3. Where were the World Trade Center parking garage bombing and subsequent "landmarks" plot developed?
4. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should abandon the Middle East.
(b) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
(c) It should convert to Islam.
(d) It should reform its decadent culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
2. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
3. In the late __________ NORAD carried out exercises for a scenario in which terrorists would hijack and use commercial airliners as weapons.
4. When was the CIA created?
5. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)