|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the CIA created?
(a) After WWII.
(b) After WWI.
(c) After the Gulf War.
(d) After the Cold War.
2. Which two principal government agencies were involved in the defense of the U.S. airspace on 9/11/2001?
(a) CTC & NCTC.
(b) FAA & CBI.
(c) FAA & NORAD.
(d) NORAD & CAPPS.
3. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into the North Tower.
(b) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(c) Crashed into the South Tower.
(d) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
4. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(b) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(c) America air raided Somalia.
(d) America withdrew from Somalia.
5. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
Short Answer Questions
1. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
2. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
3. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
4. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
5. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)