|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) Law Enforcement.
(b) U.S. Marines.
(c) U.S. Army.
(d) U.S. Navy.
2. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(b) Crashed into the North Tower.
(c) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(d) Crashed into the South Tower.
3. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should convert to Islam.
(b) It should abandon the Middle East.
(c) It should reform its decadent culture.
(d) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
4. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
(a) The Vice President.
(b) The Secretary of Defense.
(c) The U.S. Air Force.
(d) The U.S Army.
5. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
2. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
3. What is CAPPS?
4. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
5. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)