|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
(a) The FBI.
(b) President Clinton.
(c) President Bush.
(d) The CIA.
2. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should reform its decadent culture.
(b) It should abandon the Middle East.
(c) It should convert to Islam.
(d) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
3. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
4. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(b) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(c) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
(d) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
5. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Huachuca Farms.
(b) Tarnak Farms.
(c) Pohakuloa Training Area.
(d) Camp Navajo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
2. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
3. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
4. Any order to shoot down a passenger aircraft had to come from the President or who?
5. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)