|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
2. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Huachuca Farms.
(b) Camp Navajo.
(c) Tarnak Farms.
(d) Pohakuloa Training Area.
3. What is EMPTA?
(a) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(b) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(c) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(d) Pakistani intelligence department.
4. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
5. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
2. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
3. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
4. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
5. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)