|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(b) Soviet Union.
2. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(b) America withdrew from Somalia.
(c) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(d) America air raided Somalia.
3. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
4. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The FAA.
5. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Secret army.
(b) Secret police.
(c) Atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
2. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
3. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
4. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
5. What does FAA stand for?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)