|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
(a) By WMD's.
(b) By gunmen.
(c) By truck bombs.
(d) By hijacked aircraft.
2. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
3. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
4. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
5. What does NORAD stand for?
(a) Northeast Organization for Response to Aircraft Demands.
(b) National Office for Rescue of Aircraft Department.
(c) National Office of Required Aerospace Defense.
(d) North American Aerospace Defense Command.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
2. What does ISID stand for?
3. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
4. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
5. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)