|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(c) The Soviet Union.
2. In what country did Bin Laden and Zawahiri published a Fatwa in an Arabic newspaper?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
3. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Airlines Association.
(b) Federal Airlines Administration.
(c) Federal Aviation Association.
(d) Federal Aviation Administration.
4. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
5. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
2. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
3. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
4. Who was said to have visibly winced when he was informed of the desire of the U.S. to capture Bin Laden alive?
5. The hijackers where reported to have all of the following weapons except:
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)