|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On 9/11 the number of NORAD alert sites had ____ fighter aircraft on alert.
2. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
3. What happened to United Airlines Flight 93?
(a) Crashed into the Pentagon.
(b) Crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
(c) Crashed into the North Tower.
(d) Crashed into the South Tower.
4. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(d) Military aircrafts.
5. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
(a) The U.S.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The U.N.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
2. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
3. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
4. What does NEADS stand for?
5. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)