|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ increasingly became the province of non-sate actors during the 1980s and 1990s?
(a) Civil war.
(b) World war.
(c) Armed conflict.
2. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
3. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
(b) First Class.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
4. Where did American Airlines Flight 11 crash?
(a) Into the South Tower.
(b) In a field in Pennsylvania.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) Into the North Tower.
5. What is "Gestapo"?
(a) Secret police.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Secret army.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
2. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
3. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
4. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
5. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)