|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is CAPPS?
(a) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
(b) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
(c) No fly list.
(d) Passenger pre-screening system.
2. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
3. What does FAA stand for?
(a) Federal Aviation Administration.
(b) Federal Airlines Association.
(c) Federal Aviation Association.
(d) Federal Airlines Administration.
4. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
5. Where did the majority of the hijackers sit in the airplane?
(a) First Class.
(c) Rear of the aircraft.
(d) In the jump seats of the aircraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
2. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
3. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
4. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
5. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)