|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is EMPTA?
(a) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(b) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(c) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(d) Pakistani intelligence department.
2. What is CAPPS?
(a) Passenger pre-screening system.
(b) No fly list.
(c) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
(d) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
3. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
(d) Soviet Union.
4. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
(a) Mullah Omar.
(b) Mullah Mohammad Rabbani.
(c) Mawlawi Abdul Kabir.
(d) Amir Khan Muttaqi.
5. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
2. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
3. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
4. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
5. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)