Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 "Responses to al-Qaeda's Initial Assaults".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately what fraction of the hijackers set off the metal detectors or otherwise aroused the suspicion of airport security?
2. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
(a) The U.S.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The FAA.
(d) The U.N.
3. When was President Bush informed of the 9/11 attacks?
(a) After United Airlines Flight 93 crashed.
(b) After American Airlines Flight 77 crashed.
(c) After American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
(d) Before American Airlines Flight 11 crashed.
4. How many total terrorists hijacked the planes on 9/11?
5. Bin Laden stated that America can remedy the situation by all of the following ways except:
(a) It should reform its decadent culture.
(b) It should give Al-Qaeda $2.5 billion.
(c) It should abandon the Middle East.
(d) It should convert to Islam.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
2. Where did NORAD assumed that hijacked airline terrorist threats would originate?
3. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
4. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
5. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)