|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
(a) The State Department.
(b) The Justice Department.
(c) The Defense Department.
(d) The Vice President.
2. Who offered to attack Bin Laden's Derunta training camp in December 1999?
(a) Abdul Rahman Yasin.
(b) Ali Atwa.
(c) Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah.
(d) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
3. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Educated, lower.
(b) Educated, middle.
(c) Educated, upper.
(d) Uneducated, lower.
4. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
(a) 1 year before 9/11.
(b) 1 week after 9/11.
(c) 1 month before 9/11.
(d) 1 week before 9/11.
5. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
2. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
3. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
4. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
5. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)