|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1993, what item was proposed to be banned from passenger carry-on baggage but was rejected?
2. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Army.
(b) Law Enforcement.
(c) U.S. Navy.
(d) U.S. Marines.
3. When was the CIA created?
(a) After WWII.
(b) After WWI.
(c) After the Cold War.
(d) After the Gulf War.
4. In August 15, 2001, the FBI's Minneapolis field office took notice of who?
(a) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(b) Mohamed Atta.
(c) Saeed al Ghamdi.
(d) Zacarias Moussaoui.
5. The counter-terrorism meeting between Richard Clarke and the Bush Administration did not take place until when?
(a) 1 week after 9/11.
(b) 1 year before 9/11.
(c) 1 week before 9/11.
(d) 1 month before 9/11.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
2. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
3. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York froze $215 million worth of Afghan ________.
4. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
5. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)