|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
(a) America withdrew from Somalia.
(b) America regrouped and attacked Somalia again.
(c) America dropped the Atomic Bomb in Somalia.
(d) America air raided Somalia.
2. State and local law enforcement agencies were asked to exercise maximum vigilance and to report any suspicions to who?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The President.
(d) The FBI.
3. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) Paul Wolfowitz.
(b) George Tenet.
(c) President Bush.
(d) Richard Clarke.
4. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
5. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(b) The Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
2. What was the "Hamburg Group"?
3. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
4. When was the CIA created?
5. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)