|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
(a) Armed Islamic Group.
(b) Fatah al-Islam.
(d) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
2. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
3. By 9/11, the FAA's "no fly" list contained how many names of suspected terrorists?
4. How many planes were originally planned to be involved in the 9/11/2001 plot?
5. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
(a) Educated, lower.
(b) Educated, middle.
(c) Uneducated, lower.
(d) Educated, upper.
Short Answer Questions
1. After 9/11/2001, U.S. officials learned from ________ intelligence that Moussaoui had attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.
2. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
3. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
4. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)