|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(b) The Soviet Union.
2. As of 1993, the public and Congress seemed convinced that treating terrorism that occurred on U.S. soil was a ________ ________ problem.
(a) U.S. Marines.
(b) U.S. Army.
(c) U.S. Navy.
(d) Law Enforcement.
3. The American intelligence apparatus launched a full-press effort to disrupt suspected ________ plots.
(b) Armed Islamic Group.
(c) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Fatah al-Islam.
4. The FBI conducted approximately ________ full field investigations related to Bin Laden in 2001.
5. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "base" or "foundation" did Bin Laden establish to preserve his military structure for future jihads?
2. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
3. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
4. What does ISID stand for?
5. After WWII, what was the chief agency involved in setting foreign policy and advising the President on foreign policy?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)