|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fatwa is an interpretation of __________ law by a respected Islamic authority.
2. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(b) Czech Republic.
(d) The U.S.
3. Who was the prominent preacher who stressed the importance of waging violent jihad and even personally pressed some members of the Hamburg groups to fulfill their duty to jihad by fighting in Afghanistan?
(a) Gamal Abdel Nasser.
(b) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
(c) Mohammed Haydar Zammar.
(d) Hamid Karzai.
4. The federal government had some success in freezing ________ assets that reached the U.S. banking system.
(a) Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
(c) Muslim Brotherhood.
5. Who became the new national security adviser for the Bush Administration?
(a) Donald Rumsfeld.
(b) Condoleezza Rice.
(c) Richard Clarke.
(d) Colin Powell.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the end of WWII until the late 1960s, the FBI operated, in part, as a kind of ________ ________ service.
2. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
3. What happened after Somali warlords downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters in October 1993?
4. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
5. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)