|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
(a) The President's Daily News.
(b) The Sensitive Intelligence Meeting for the President.
(c) The President's Daily Brief.
(d) The President's Sensitive Intelligence Meeting.
2. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(c) The Soviet Union.
3. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
(a) Increased military support.
(c) The moon.
4. Despite the unprecedented level of intelligence warnings, how many contained specific information as to the timing or the targets of an attack?
5. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
2. When did a truck bomb explode in the parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York?
3. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
4. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
5. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)