|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
2. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
3. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(d) The Soviet Union.
4. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. What is CAPPS?
(a) Passenger pre-screening system.
(b) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
(c) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
(d) No fly list.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1991, bin Laden had forged alliances with Muslim terrorist groups and succeeded in recruiting _________ Muslims for terrorist attacks against U.S. targets.
2. At the age of 23, Bin Laden was which type of fighter?
3. By 1991, Bin Laden was running a worldwide network of front charities and businesses from where?
4. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
5. Approximately ________ of all spending on intelligence is within the Defense Department.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)