|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(b) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(c) Bin Laden.
(d) Hani Hanjour.
2. Bin Laden used passages from the ______ to justify his actions.
3. When did KSM originally meet with Bin Laden to present a vague plan to hijack planes and use them as guided missiles?
4. In late 1999, which authorities broke up a cell with ties to al-Qaeda that was planning to attack a hotel in downtown Amman, Jordan, and several Christian holy sites?
5. The outcome of the November 7, 2000, presidential election was not decided for how many days?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
2. Who ordered the National Security Council to coordinate a response against the terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center's parking garage?
3. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
4. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
5. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)