|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
(a) Hani Hanjour.
(b) Khalid al Mihdhar.
(c) Omar Abdel Rahman.
(d) Bin Laden.
2. Who invaded Afghanistan in 1979?
(b) The Soviet Union.
3. What federal government was perhaps the least well-equipped branch of government to deal with terrorism?
(b) U.S. military.
(c) Judicial branch.
4. What does ISID stand for?
(a) International Security Immigration Department.
(b) Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate.
(c) Immigration Service for Intelligence Directorate.
(d) Inter-Security Intelligence Department.
5. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) George Tenet.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) President Bush.
(d) Paul Wolfowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard Clarke wanted to increase U.S. support for the __________ __________.
2. Majority of the hijackers of 9/11 where from ________ , ________ - class backgrounds.
3. Where did the Hamburg group plan to attend flight school?
4. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
5. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)