|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
2. What does ISID stand for?
(a) International Security Immigration Department.
(b) Immigration Service for Intelligence Directorate.
(c) Inter-Security Intelligence Department.
(d) Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate.
3. When did the FBI Counterterrorism Division believe a potential attack by Bin Laden was going to occur?
(a) July 4th.
(b) January 1st.
(c) December 25th.
(d) October 31st.
4. Who was the NSA supposed to notify of any suspicious domestic terrorist activities?
5. In Bin Laden's view, who is Islam's principal enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
2. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
3. By the late 1970s, what began to get directly involved in counter-terrorist operations?
4. How was the August 7, 1998, attack on American embassies at Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam destroyed?
5. On June 30, 2001, which country declared its highest level of terror alert?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)