|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 "The System Was Blinking Red".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bin Laden first warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
2. Who told the Commission that "the system was blinking red" because the FAA warned airlines about an increased threat of hijackings, but the warning focused on overseas threats.
(a) Richard Clarke.
(b) George Tenet.
(c) Paul Wolfowitz.
(d) President Bush.
3. Between 1996 and September 11, 2001, Afghanistan became a kind of international headquarters of __________.
4. When did Bin Laden last warn of potential attacks against the U.S.?
5. What is CAPPS?
(a) No fly list.
(b) A law enforcement agency of the FBI.
(c) A law passed to collect intelligence from foreign countries.
(d) Passenger pre-screening system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did President Clinton offer to Pakistan's President Musharraf in return for decisive action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda?
2. Who was nicknamed "Blind Sheikh"?
3. Bin Laden and KSM decided the hijackers would mainly have to be from __________ nations because they could get U.S. visas with less scrutiny.
4. What was established to review proposed intelligence activities in the U.S.?
5. What is the name of the main mechanism for communicating sensitive intelligence to the President?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)