|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Wartime".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
2. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
(a) Boston Post Corridor.
(b) Hudson Corridor.
(c) New York Airspace Czar.
(d) Hudson Post.
3. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(d) The Saudis.
4. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
5. What is CENTCOM?
(a) A computer profiling system.
(b) Central Command.
(c) An al-Qaeda training camp.
(d) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1999, new intelligence emerged that Bin Laden would spend a night at a specific location in which city of Afghanistan?
2. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
3. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
4. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
5. What is a WMD?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)