|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Wartime".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(b) The Northern Alliance.
(c) The U.N.
(d) The Southern Alliance.
2. What is CENTCOM?
(a) Central Command.
(b) A U.S. military base in Washington, DC.
(c) An al-Qaeda training camp.
(d) A computer profiling system.
3. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(a) Military aircrafts.
4. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Tarnak Farms.
(b) Huachuca Farms.
(c) Camp Navajo.
(d) Pohakuloa Training Area.
5. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. As of 2001, how long had Iraq been an enemy of the U.S?
2. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
3. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
4. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
5. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)