|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Wartime".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1996, who was concerned enough about Bin Laden to set up a unit of about a dozen officers that would monitor him and plan operations against him?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The INS.
(d) The FBI.
2. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
3. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
4. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(d) The Saudis.
5. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
(a) Armed Islamic Group.
(d) Abu Nidal Organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1999, who imposed economic and travel restrictions on the Taliban?
2. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
3. In 1995, while Bin Laden was still in Sudan, its government began to perceive him as a __________.
4. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
5. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)