|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Wartime".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The BEA.
(c) The FAA.
(d) The CIA.
2. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
3. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) The Northern Alliance.
(b) The U.N.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
(d) The Southern Alliance.
4. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
(d) The White House.
5. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1997, the CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that al-Qaeda was planning attacks against __________ interests and was actively seeking nuclear materials.
2. Majority of the muscle hijackers settled in what U.S. state?
3. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
4. After the 9/11 attacks, to where was President Bush taken?
5. Which Taliban leader promised the U.S. to expel Bin Laden?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)