|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Wartime".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
(a) The BEA.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
2. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
3. The "Enduring Greedom" plan had ______ phases.
4. How many months before 9/11 were all the hijackers in the U.S.?
5. What is EMPTA?
(a) The East Embassy building that was bombed.
(b) Emergency Medical and Physical Training Association.
(c) A precursor of VX nerve gas.
(d) Pakistani intelligence department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which hijacker left California to return home to Yemen?
2. Who was arrested on August 16, 2001, on immigration charges?
3. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
4. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
5. What is the name of the low-altitude "hallway" along the Hudson River that passes New York landmarks?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)