|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Wartime".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Taliban's most important and most capable enemy?
(a) The Southern Alliance.
(b) The Northern Alliance.
(c) The U.N.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
(a) The FAA.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The BEA.
(d) The FBI.
3. What was the name of the Iranian-supported worldwide terrorist organization?
(a) Muslim Brotherhood.
(d) Jemaah Islamiya.
4. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
5. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mohamed Atta keen on attacking on 9/11?
2. On September 20, 2001, President Bush linked ________ to the embassy and the Cole bombings.
3. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
4. Who stated, "We're at war"?
5. The diplomatic effort shifted to Pakistan, whose ________ was a key backer of the Taliban.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)