|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Wartime".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was arrested on August 16, 2001, on immigration charges?
(a) Zacarious Moussaoui.
(b) Mohamed Atta.
(c) Ahmed al Ghamdi.
(d) Khalid al Mihdhar.
2. By July 2001, Bin Laden was especially keen on hitting what U.S building?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Lincoln Memorial.
(d) The Washington Monument.
3. In 2000, the U.S. and ________ succeeded in adding an arms embargo against the Taliban.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
5. What is INS?
(a) Inter-American Nations Security.
(b) Information for National Security.
(c) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(d) Immigrant and Natural Selection.
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S war planning committee immediately recognized the importance of which country?
2. When Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan from Sudan in May 1996, he was greeted by a reactivation of which U.S. agencies intelligence networks?
3. The CIA's Bin Laden unit knew that attacking Bin Laden's sources of __________ was an important component of the effort against al-Qaeda.
4. Who was to blame for the August 7, 1998 East Africa embassy bombings?
5. What is EMPTA?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)