|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "Wartime".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined with the U.S. and launched a joint diplomatic campaign to persuade the Taliban to expel Bin Laden?
(c) The Saudis.
2. By July 1999, the U.S. succeeded in labeling Afghanistan a state sponsor of __________.
(d) Military aircrafts.
3. What was the name of Bin Laden's main camp in Afghanistan?
(a) Huachuca Farms.
(b) Camp Navajo.
(c) Pohakuloa Training Area.
(d) Tarnak Farms.
4. Who informed the President that early indications of the 9/11 attacks pointed to al-Qaeda?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The FAA.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The BEA.
5. Throughout the period immediately following 9/11, there was strong suspicion that ________ was involved in the plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a WMD?
2. According to Mihdar, Bin Laden was planning ______ attacks on the U.S.
3. Mohammed Atta traveled from Germany to ________, Czech Republic, before flying to the U.S.
4. What is the name of the meeting of a small group of top advisers lead by President Bush?
5. Who issued two Presidential Decision Directives in 1995 and 1998 reiterating that terrorism was a national security threat and not simply a law enforcement issue?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)