|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cassie wearing when she begins to regain consciousness in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 33?
(a) A winter coat and blue jeans.
(b) A silk kimono and flannel pajamas.
(c) A men’s dress shirt and boxer shorts.
(d) A floral-printed cotton nightie.
2. What friend of Cassie’s is shot by a soldier at the camp, who then turns his gun on Cassie but she shoots him first in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
3. What are the two words that comprise “rule number two” that is announced to the children when they arrive at Camp Haven in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 39?
(a) “Lost and found.”
(b) “Listen and follow.”
(c) “Obey and commit.”
(d) “Remember and colors.”
4. What does Cassie call the camp where she and her family took refuge during the first attacks in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
(a) Camp Ashpit.
(b) Camp Heaven.
(c) Camp Haven.
(d) Camp Evan.
5. How old does the narrator of Part II: “Wonderland” say he is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Zombie call his squad leader in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
2. Zombie says in Part VI: “The Human Clay,” Chapter 43, “Reznik is an equal-opportunity” what?
3. The convoy of soldiers that arrive with the school buses full of children in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 17 is from what base?
4. What does Evan tell Cassie his last name is in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 33?
5. At what age was the Silencer when the Other inside him awoke, according to the narrator in Part III: “Silencer”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Pam inject into Zombie’s neck in Part II: “Wonderland”? Why?
2. How is the setting of Camp Ashpit described in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 13?
3. How is Cassie’s father killed in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
4. How does the narrative perspective change in Part V: “The Winnowing”? What setting is described in Chapter 37?
5. What does the teddy bear that Cassie carries in the novel represent symbolically?
6. Where is Cassie Sullivan when she awakens in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 33? How is the setting described?
7. How is the character of Ringer described in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
8. What does the Silencer do when Cassie stands up in Part III: “Silencer”?
9. How did Cassie’s family perceive the aliens when they first arrived, as seen through flashback in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
10. How are the first attacks by the Others described in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)