|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassie call the blinking orb-like bomb left behind by the soldiers in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
(a) “The Silencer.”
(b) “The Ted.”
(c) “The Dorothy.”
(d) “The Eye.”
2. How deep does Cassie say the snow is on day two as she stays holed up in a vehicle during the blizzard in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 32?
(a) 3 feet deep.
(b) 1 foot deep.
(c) 6 inches deep.
(d) 10 feet deep.
3. Where was Evan going to study engineering after graduating high school, according to the narrator in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 36?
(c) Duke University.
(d) Kent State.
4. At what time does Zombie say the cadets at Camp Haven dress and prep bunks for inspection in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
5. Cassie says in Part I: “The Last Historian” that she took lessons in what, saying that they far outdid dance classes in terms of developing grace?
(a) Mountain-climbing lessons.
(b) Archery lessons.
(c) Yoga lessons.
(d) Karate lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does Sammy refer to his grandmother in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 37?
2. What does the narrator of Part II: “Wonderland” call the illness he is infected with?
3. Reznik is described as having what position at the military camp in Part VI: “The Human Clay,” Chapter 42?
4. The narrator of Part II: “Wonderland” invites the reader to call him by what nickname?
5. What is Colonel Vosch’s first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Cassie’s father killed in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
2. How is Cassie’s situation described when the narrative returns to the present at the end of Part I: “The Last Historian”? What is Cassie’s objective?
3. What information does Cassie relate to Evan of her observations after the attack in Part IV: “Mayfly”?
4. How do Sammy and Ben come to meet in Part VI: “The Human Clay”? By what name is Sammy called?
5. How are the members of Squad 53 described in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
6. Who narrates Part VI: “The Human Clay”? How does this character introduce himself?
7. What does Evan Walker reveal about his family in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 35?
8. How is the reality of life at Camp Haven described in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
9. How is the setting of Camp Ashpit described in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 13?
10. Whom does Cassie Sullivan kill in Part I: “The Last Historian”? What does she discover about this character after he’s been shot?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)