|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Cassie’s little brother in the novel?
2. What is Colonel Vosch’s first name?
3. What does the Silencer do at the end of Part III: “Silencer,” Chapter 31?
(a) He stabs Cassie.
(b) He shoots himself.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He shoots Cassie again.
4. What name does Zombie call his squad leader in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
5. What kind of gun does Cassie carry with her when she goes to the gas station in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 3?
(a) A Beretta pistol.
(b) A Smith & Wesson revolver.
(c) An AK-47.
(d) An M-16.
Short Answer Questions
1. The little girl who is sitting across from Sammy on the bus in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 38 is named what?
2. Who is described among Zombie’s squad members as the youngest squad member and “the meanest seven-year-old you’ll ever meet, the most gung ho of all of us” in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
3. What is the name of the doctor that examines Sammy after his arrival at Camp Haven in Part V: “The Winnowing”?
4. How far away from here does Evan say Fort Knox is in Part IV: “Mayfly”?
5. Who does Cassie say she called “a sicko for trying to give me a corpse’s jewelry” in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrative perspective change in Part V: “The Winnowing”? What setting is described in Chapter 37?
2. Who narrates Part II: “Wonderland”? How does this character introduce himself?
3. Describe Sammy’s initial “processing” in Part V: “The Winnowing.” Where is he taken?
4. What causes Mr. Sullivan to finally express suspicion of the objectives of the authority figures in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
5. What is the significance of the title of Part V: “The Winnowing”?
6. Where did Cassie’s family travel after the death of Mrs. Sullivan? How far was their journey?
7. What kinds of literary allusions are seen in Parts I through III of The 5th Wave?
8. What information does Cassie relate to Evan of her observations after the attack in Part IV: “Mayfly”?
9. Who encourages Zombie to enroll in the military in Part II: “Wonderland”? How does Zombie respond?
10. How do Sammy and Ben come to meet in Part VI: “The Human Clay”? By what name is Sammy called?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)