|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Evan going to study engineering after graduating high school, according to the narrator in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 36?
(a) Kent State.
(c) Duke University.
2. For how many years does the narrator say the assassin has been doing his work, since the Other awakened inside him, in Part III: “Silencer”?
3. Who in Zombie’s squad is described in Part VI: “The Human Clay” as “the chubby kid with the crooked teeth who’s last in every drill but first in chow line”?
4. What is Cassie wearing when she begins to regain consciousness in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 33?
(a) A winter coat and blue jeans.
(b) A men’s dress shirt and boxer shorts.
(c) A floral-printed cotton nightie.
(d) A silk kimono and flannel pajamas.
5. Cassie is said to be how old in Part III: “Silencer”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fraction of the surviving population does the doctor say are actually infested by the Others in Part II: “Wonderland”?
2. What are the names of Cassie’s neighbors that packed up their camper and split during the 1st Wave?
3. What name does Zombie call his squad leader in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
4. The little girl who is sitting across from Sammy on the bus in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 38 is named what?
5. The convoy of soldiers that arrive with the school buses full of children in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 17 is from what base?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Cassie’s family travel after the death of Mrs. Sullivan? How far was their journey?
2. Who narrates Part VI: “The Human Clay”? How does this character introduce himself?
3. How is Cassie’s father killed in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
4. How are the members of Squad 53 described in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
5. What does the teddy bear that Cassie carries in the novel represent symbolically?
6. Whom does Cassie Sullivan kill in Part I: “The Last Historian”? What does she discover about this character after he’s been shot?
7. Where is Cassie Sullivan when she awakens in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 33? How is the setting described?
8. Who brings Sammy food on the bus in Part V: “The Winnowing”? What does this character tell Sammy about their destination?
9. How is the character of Ringer described in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
10. What does Cassie do after her father has been killed in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)