|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landing does the narrator in Part XII: “Because of Kistner” say he/she hit when “the concussion of the blast slams into my back like a wrecking ball”?
(a) The third landing.
(b) The fourth landing.
(c) The second landing.
(d) The fifth landing.
2. Cassie tells Colonel Vosch in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 85, “All you have to do is implant us and download us into” what?
(a) “The Ted Program.”
(d) “The Eye.”
3. Cassie describes the second rule of survival in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 53 by saying, “The only way to stay alive as long as possible is to” what?
(a) “Stay alone as long as possible.”
(b) “Stay in shallow water as long as possible.”
(c) “Team up and trust others.”
(d) “Follow the right breadcrumbs.”
4. What conclusion does the narrator reach regarding the explosions in Part XII: “Because of Kistner”?
(a) Nugget has infiltrated the main computers.
(b) Colonel Vosch is blowing up the base.
(c) Evan is blowing up the base.
(d) Cassie Sullivan is blowing up the base.
5. What kind of animal does Evan compare himself with in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 69?
(a) A shark.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An owl.
(d) A lion.
6. What does Oompa say his real name is in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
7. Who is dressing Ben’s wounds in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 91?
8. In the end of Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55, Evan tells Cassie, “Before I found you, I thought the only way to hold on was to find something to live for. It isn’t. To hold on, you have to find something you’re” what?
(a) “Willing to kill for.”
(b) “Willing to die for.”
(c) “Willing to let go of.”
(d) “Willing to be hurt for.”
9. Evan and Cassie decide to take a dirt road that leads to what highway, which they’ll then follow to Wright-Patterson in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 67?
(a) Highway 354.
(b) Highway 101.
(c) Highway 66.
(d) Highway 675.
10. Ben tells Sammy in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 84 that they’re going to get out of there and meet up with whom?
11. Colonel Vosch tells Cassie in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 85, “During the initial phase, when we were inserting ourselves into you, we often used the screen memory of” what “to hide the fact from the expectant mother”?
(a) “A pigeon.”
(b) “An owl.”
(c) “A hawk.”
(d) “An eagle.”
12. Evan tells Cassie in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55, “You can’t make yourself believe anything. But you can” what?
(a) “Love me.”
(b) “Let yourself go.”
(c) “Let yourself believe.”
(d) “Stop fighting yourself.”
13. Where does Evan say he found the rifle in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a gas station.
(c) By the highway.
(d) On the battlefield.
14. When Evan returns in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55, he tells Cassie he was stalking what animal, although he shot nothing?
(a) A deer.
(b) A human.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A goat.
15. What does Zombie see sitting in the covered entranceway to the hospital at the end of Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 79?
(a) The Eye.
(b) Poundcake’s gun.
(c) An army of Teds.
(d) Cassie’s gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number that Cassie gives when the authority figure demands it in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea”?
2. What does Cassie say is the first thing she does when she awakens after the mind-melding experience with Evan in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 72?
3. Cassie says in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 66 that Evan thought they could reach Wright-Patterson in how much time?
4. Who takes Sammy away from Cassie and to the Safe Room in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 85?
5. Who does the narrator of Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 78 say has shot him?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)