|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Cassie been shot in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill”?
(a) Her knee.
(b) Her abdomen.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her ankle.
2. What is the number that Cassie gives when the authority figure demands it in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea”?
3. Who has managed to hack into the main computer at Camp Haven in Part XIII: “The Black Hole”?
4. Cassie thinks to herself when she is ordered to halt in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea,” “There may be some human adults in positions of authority, but knowing Vosch, I doubt it. So if it’s an adult, and especially if it’s an officer, I think you can assume they are” what?
(a) “Not aliens.”
(b) “Not the enemy.”
(c) “Not friendly.”
(d) “Not human.”
5. When Cassie hears Sam calling out her name in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea,” she describes having a lump in her throat the size of what?
6. Evan and Cassie decide to take a dirt road that leads to what highway, which they’ll then follow to Wright-Patterson in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 67?
(a) Highway 354.
(b) Highway 675.
(c) Highway 66.
(d) Highway 101.
7. Kistner tells the narrator in Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 78 that they’ve gone to what threat level?
(a) Code Red.
(b) Code Yellow.
(c) Code Green.
(d) Code Blue.
8. What does Sammy tell Cassie his name is now in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 83?
9. Evan takes the Luger from Cassie and places it on what book in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55?
(a) Captain William’s Bounty.
(b) On the Road.
(c) Love’s Desperate Desire.
(d) The Young and the Restless.
10. Cassie tells Colonel Vosch in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 85, “All you have to do is implant us and download us into” what?
(a) “The Ted Program.”
(b) “The Eye.”
11. What does Zombie take from Kistner after knocking him out in Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 78?
(a) His microchip.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His knife.
12. When Evan returns in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55, he tells Cassie he was stalking what animal, although he shot nothing?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A human.
(c) A goat.
(d) A deer.
13. Ben tells Sammy in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 84 that they’re going to get out of there and meet up with whom?
14. What does Evan admit to having done in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 68?
(a) Shooting Cassie.
(b) Killing his father.
(c) Obliterating humankind.
(d) Killing his mother.
15. Of Sammy’s teddy bear, Cassie says in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 83 that he has more stitches than whom?
(a) A Desperate Housewife.
(d) Calvin Klein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does narrator say “is so loud, I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck vibrating” in the opening of Part XI: “The Infinite Sea”?
2. Whose voice can be heard from a bullhorn saying “Okay, I want you all to stay seated with your group leader! Everybody quiet down and listen to me! Stay with your group leaders!” in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea”?
3. Who is dressing Ben’s wounds in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 91?
4. Cassie describes the second rule of survival in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 53 by saying, “The only way to stay alive as long as possible is to” what?
5. What kind of vehicle do Cassie and the others escape in, in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 90?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)