|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oompa say his real name is in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
2. What kind of animal does Evan compare himself with in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 69?
(a) A shark.
(b) An owl.
(c) A lion.
(d) A hawk.
3. What is Sammy wearing around his neck in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 83?
(a) A pocket-watch on a chain.
(b) A glowing necklace.
(c) A heart-shaped locket.
(d) A diamond necklace.
4. What is Cassie’s response when Evan asks her in the opening of Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55, “What are you doing out here?”
(a) “I was leaving forever.”
(b) “I was looking for you.”
(c) “I thought I heard a noise.”
(d) “I was looking for my gun.”
5. What does Evan do as he and Cassie leave the farmhouse in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 66?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He signals for the mother ship.
(c) He burns it down.
(d) He calls his mother.
6. What is Cassie’s middle name in the novel?
7. Who is dressing Ben’s wounds in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 91?
8. What conclusion does the narrator reach regarding the explosions in Part XII: “Because of Kistner”?
(a) Nugget has infiltrated the main computers.
(b) Cassie Sullivan is blowing up the base.
(c) Evan is blowing up the base.
(d) Colonel Vosch is blowing up the base.
9. What does the narrator say the hospital sounds like “as it’s torn apart” in Part XII: “Because of Kistner”?
(a) “An animal calling out for backup.”
(b) “A woman sobbing.”
(c) “An eagle giving birth.”
(d) “A living thing screaming.”
10. Who is at the rear as Cassie and the others make their escape in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 87?
11. What landing does the narrator in Part XII: “Because of Kistner” say he/she hit when “the concussion of the blast slams into my back like a wrecking ball”?
(a) The fifth landing.
(b) The third landing.
(c) The fourth landing.
(d) The second landing.
12. Who takes Sammy away from Cassie and to the Safe Room in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 85?
(a) Dr. Pam.
(b) A Silencer.
13. Of humankind, the narrator says in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 87, “You’re beating plowshares into swords, Vosch. You are remaking us. We are the clay, and you are” whom?
(a) “Leonardo da Vinci.”
14. What is Ben’s middle name in the novel?
15. The three people that Cassie finds that have been shot by Evan in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 69 are described as no older than what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zombie take from Kistner after knocking him out in Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 78?
2. What word from Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 79 refers to a military encampment made with tents or improvised shelters, usually without shelter or protection from enemy fire?
3. Who threatens to mutiny because he feels Zombie is a poor leader in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
4. Where does Evan say he found the rifle in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55?
5. Sammy tells Cassie in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 83 that who says they’re going to escape on a big plane?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)