|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice can be heard from a bullhorn saying “Okay, I want you all to stay seated with your group leader! Everybody quiet down and listen to me! Stay with your group leaders!” in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea”?
(a) Dr. Pam’s.
(b) Corporal Parker’s.
(c) Major Bob’s.
(d) Colonel Vosch’s.
2. What landing does the narrator in Part XII: “Because of Kistner” say he/she hit when “the concussion of the blast slams into my back like a wrecking ball”?
(a) The second landing.
(b) The third landing.
(c) The fifth landing.
(d) The fourth landing.
3. When Cassie hears Sam calling out her name in Part XI: “The Infinite Sea,” she describes having a lump in her throat the size of what?
4. Cassie tells Ben in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 83 that she sits in front of him in what class?
(a) Honors Chemistry.
(b) Honors History.
(c) Honors Geometry.
(d) Honors English.
5. Who is the first of the soldiers in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance” to remove the microchip from their neck?
6. Of humankind, the narrator says in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 87, “You’re beating plowshares into swords, Vosch. You are remaking us. We are the clay, and you are” whom?
(d) “Leonardo da Vinci.”
7. Of Sammy’s teddy bear, Cassie says in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 83 that he has more stitches than whom?
(b) Calvin Klein.
(c) A Desperate Housewife.
8. What does the narrator say the hospital sounds like “as it’s torn apart” in Part XII: “Because of Kistner”?
(a) “An animal calling out for backup.”
(b) “A woman sobbing.”
(c) “A living thing screaming.”
(d) “An eagle giving birth.”
9. Camp Ashpit is described in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 69 as “now more featureless than” what?
(a) “A salt flat.”
(b) “A ghost town.”
(c) “A bank vault.”
(d) “A prison.”
10. All three of the people Cassie finds shot by Evan in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 69 are described as having been shot where?
(a) The arm.
(b) The head.
(c) The leg.
(d) The chest.
11. What conclusion does the narrator reach regarding the explosions in Part XII: “Because of Kistner”?
(a) Colonel Vosch is blowing up the base.
(b) Evan is blowing up the base.
(c) Cassie Sullivan is blowing up the base.
(d) Nugget has infiltrated the main computers.
12. Who is the medic on Zombie’s squad in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
13. From how many wounds is the narrator bleeding in Part XII: “Because of Kistner”?
14. What does Oompa say his real name is in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
15. Who does the narrator of Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 78 say has shot him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassie tells Colonel Vosch in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 85, “All you have to do is implant us and download us into” what?
2. The narrator says in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 87, “That’s the flaw in Vosch’s master plan: If you don’t kill all of us all at once, those who remain will” what?
3. How many windows does the narrator describe exploding in the blast from the hospital in Part XII: “Because of Kistner”?
4. Who is described as having “very shiny and very straight black hair, but also has the flawless complexion of an airbrushed model, the kind you see on the covers of fashion magazines smiling arrogantly at you in the checkout line” in Part XIII: “The Black Hole,” Chapter 91?
5. Where does Cassie find her M-16 in Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 54?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)